The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[pbp] Ruins of Undermountain (D&D 5e) - Huh. These bugbears are mighty...

16263646668

Posts

  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited October 18
    The beast shrugs off the monk's assault. The blows cause welts and bruises to immediately appear on its flanks, but it is still up on its many feet.

    At the start of any of your turns you need to specify that you are "averting your gaze", meaning looking anywhere but directly at the basilisk. This state is pretty much the same as being BLINDED but only towards the one target. This state lasts until the start of your next turn where you should/could specify that you are again averting your gaze.

    And dang, those ARE solid rolls! Nice.

    Geth, roll 1d20-1 for DEX save vs. Prone-ness

    Stats:
    Philo - AC:19, HP:26/38, 4/4 Sup. Dice, HD: 2/4, Cold Resistance
    Barran - AC:16, HP: 27+5/27, Spells: -/3, HD: 2/4
    Basilisk - AC: 15, HP: 19/52, Petrifying Gaze
    Dural - AC:18, HP:40+5/40, Spells:-/3, LoH:20/20, HD: 2/4, RESTRAINED
    Ay (150'/180')- AC:16, HP: 31+5/31, Ki: 4/4, HD: 2/4
    Salazar - AC:15, HP:26, Spells:-/4/3, SP:4, HD:2/4

    @evilthecat - Up!

    DEX save vs. Prone-ness:
    1d20-1 18 [1d20=19]

    Steelhawk on
    am0n
  • evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    Salazar briefly fondles the fireball scroll...
    but then reconsiders. A few sideways glances in an attempt to see a leg or two, Salazar throws a firebolt at the beast.

    Minion, roll 2#1d20l1+6 for to hit
    Minion, roll 1d10 for dmg

    to hit:
    2#1d20l1+6 2 # 14 [1d20l1=[8]] 26 [1d20l1=[20]]
    dmg:
    1d10 9 [1d10=9]

    tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    Grrr fkn geth >:[

    tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Steelhawk
  • Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    I think I'm up after Sal. Gonna go ahead and roll, as I'll be on and off all day today and tomorrow.

    Seeing Dural stiffen, Philo calls out the ancient Dwarvish war-cry "kravok nikt, barl nor!"*, hoping to inspire his friend to shake off the beast's powers.

    *Loosely, "I'll have your beer, too, then!"

    Sadly, I can't ACTUALLY help with Dural's save.

    Attack the basilisk, and if I hit use Maneuvering Strike. I just want the extra damage, so whoever wants to move half their speed chime in and you can have it.
    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Attack!
    Geth, roll 1d8+3 for Damage!
    Geth, roll 1d8 for Maneuver!

    Attack!:
    1d20+5 12 [1d20=7]
    Damage!:
    1d8+3 8 [1d8=5]
    Maneuver!:
    1d8 8 [1d8=8]

    0sgEp4R.jpg?1
    SteelhawkElvenshae
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited October 18
    Flames are swords are of no help as the camera now turns to Barran!

    @Mongrel Idiot - Are you averting your gaze? If so you should have had Disadvantage on that attack (not that it mattered). Otherwise you should be making your save vs stone-ing.

    I'll be a nice DM as assume that you were averting your gaze. :)

    @Bursar - Your turn!

    Steelhawk on
  • Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    Actually, I was deliberately not averting my gaze to avoid disadvantage and forgot to make the save. Even sat there thinking "there's another roll I gotta do here..."

    Geth, roll 1d20+3 for Con save v. stoneing

    Con save v. stoneing:
    1d20+3 18 [1d20=15]

    0sgEp4R.jpg?1
    SteelhawkElvenshaeam0nAegis
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! Registered User regular
    You can't hit what you can't see, and you can't see what you can't look at, but you might hit what you can't look at. Look, there's a reason why most halfling achievements are measured in pipeweed potency and ME/D (meals eaten per day). Not all civilizations are ripe breeding grounds for great philosophers.

    Barran narrows his eyes, waggles his fingers, and mutters a few mystic phrases. A large, ornate helmet complete with feathery plume and a eye shield appears in the air around the basilisk's head, neatly concealing its features from anyone else. Barran focuses his concentration on making sure to keep his illusion centered on the beast's head as it moves about the room, preventing the creature from making eye contact with any more of the party.

    "Don't try to pierce the illusion!" he cries, "it's keeping you safe!"


    Action: Cast Silent Image
    Move: back off to give the fighters more room

    Steelhawk and I discussed this, and as long as Barran's able to maintain concentration and spend his actions on keeping the illusion in the proper place around the basilisk's head it should be enough to block the start of petrification (sorry, Dural) while letting you attack it without looking away.

    If you really want to see through the illusion, it's a DC 12 Int (investigation) check, and attempting to hit the illusion will make it obvious that it's not really there and you'll instantly be able to see past it.

    Oh my fucking god this post
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324 | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Currently RPing: Barran in the Ruins of Undermountain!
    see317Mongrel IdiotSteelhawkAegisam0n
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! Registered User regular
    @Steelhawk for Basil the Basilisk's turn

    Oh my fucking god this post
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324 | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Currently RPing: Barran in the Ruins of Undermountain!
    Elvenshae
  • AegisAegis Not Quite TorontoRegistered User regular
    Thinking positively, after I become a statue, you guys will at least have half cover against the Basilisk for the rest of the fight.

    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    ElvenshaeSteelhawkam0n
  • Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    Dude, Bursar, that move is COOL AS FUCK.

    0sgEp4R.jpg?1
    SteelhawkAegisam0n
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited October 20
    The Basilisk roars and stamps its feet, shaking its head from side to side. A bead of sweat appears on Barran's brow as he is doing his best to keep the helmet in place through all of the beasts movements.

    It's working.


    It really is. It was not a hard sell at all.

    I assume that the helmet does not cover the mouth of the beast? Otherwise it would be biting the shit out of it right now and ruining your idea.

    Geth, roll 1d20-4 for INT check to spoil illusion

    Stats:
    Philo - AC:19, HP:26/38, 4/4 Sup. Dice, HD: 2/4, Cold Resistance
    Barran - AC:16, HP: 27+5/27, Spells: -/3, HD: 2/4
    Basilisk - AC: 15, HP: 19/52, Petrifying Gaze
    Dural - AC:18, HP:40+5/40, Spells:-/3, LoH:20/20, HD: 2/4, RESTRAINED
    Ay (150'/180')- AC:16, HP: 31+5/31, Ki: 4/4, HD: 2/4
    Salazar - AC:15, HP:26, Spells:-/4/3, SP:4, HD:2/4

    @Aegis - I need your second save please. Don't fuck it up! :)
    @am0n - You're on deck!

    INT check to spoil illusion:
    1d20-4 11 [1d20=15]

    Steelhawk on
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! Registered User regular
    edited October 19
    The mouth is still free; it was either the helmet or a big fluffy wig, but I figured the wig would be more easily dispelled by a grasping paw.

    There are surprisingly few pictures of lizards or dinosaurs wearing helmets on the web; the internet's really let me down.
    Kind of like this, but more Roman Centurion-y and not transparent:
    stock-vector-dinosaur-wearing-helmet-679246417.jpg

    Edit:
    After casting a spell, it's now
    Barran - AC:16, HP: 27+5/27, Spells: -/2, HD: 2/4

    Bursar on
    Oh my fucking god this post
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324 | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Currently RPing: Barran in the Ruins of Undermountain!
    SteelhawkAegisElvenshae
  • evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    // I can't promise I won't do weird things to statue dural..

    tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    I forgot to mention... Barran has earned himself some INSPIRATION!

    am0nElvenshae
  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    That was awesome, indeed. Inspiration totally justified. Let's hope some of that inspirational creativity rubs off on Dural's roll!

    Steelhawk
  • AegisAegis Not Quite TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited October 19
    Dural's a bit preoccupied at the moment to notice much about what's going on around the basilisk's face. His feet feel like lead weights attached to hunks of iron and have stopped responding to his will. Worse, that feeling has very quickly started to progress up from his feet and legs to spreading out throughout the rest of his body. Still, he has a job to do: killing a very ornery lizard. He might not be able to move, but the lizard hasn't either! With what little movement remains in his arms he reaches over and attempts one more swing at the furious lizard, hammer swinging briefly through the air before smashing against the creature's hide; whether or not it damaged it to any significant degree, Dural will stop and find out later.

    For now, the dwarf's energies are focused on not turning to stone. I be born beneath rock, surrounded by rock, he thinks to himself, Finder, don't let me return to th'rock in such literal a sense. Exhaling, he closes his eyes and focuses his inward grumpiness to shoving out whatever unnatural perversion makes up this lizard's magic. I am a dwarf! his mind yells inwardly. I will my feet forward, not some peabrained, multilimbed aberration of a lizard. I AM A DWARF!

    Precious moments tick by in stern concentration until finally, suddenly, a metal boot slides on stone floor, only briefly, but enough to cause Dural to open his eyes in triumph. He then immediately looks at Philo with a surprisingly serious look, stating simply: "Hands off m'beer."

    The save is at the end of my turn, so I still get to act!

    Action: Attack the Basilisk again, with Disadvantage.
    Move: Nowhere, because my speed is 0.

    minion, roll 2d20l1+4 for Attack
    minion, roll 1d8+2 for Damage
    minion, roll 1d20+3 for Saving Throw (Petrify)

    Attack:
    2d20l1+4 5 [2d20l1=[1], 3]
    Damage:
    1d8+2 9 [1d8=7]
    Saving Throw (Petrify):
    1d20+3 19 [1d20=16]

    Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    ElvenshaeBursarSteelhawkMongrel Idiotam0n
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited October 20
    @am0n & @evilthecat - Yer up!

    Stats:
    Philo - AC:19, HP:26/38, 4/4 Sup. Dice, HD: 2/4, Cold Resistance
    Barran - AC:16, HP: 27+5/27, Spells: -/2, HD: 2/4
    Basilisk - AC: 15, HP: 19/52, Petrifying Gaze, BLIND-ish
    Dural - AC:18, HP:40+5/40, Spells:-/3, LoH:20/20, HD: 2/4
    Ay (150'/180')- AC:16, HP: 31+5/31, Ki: 4/4, HD: 2/4
    Salazar - AC:15, HP:26, Spells:-/4/3, SP:4, HD:2/4

    Steelhawk on
  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    Hearing Barran's... battle cry? Ay notices the lizard appears to have it's face covered and unleashes a targeted fury at the creature.


    No longer diverting Gaze

    Action: Attack
    Minor: Flurry, Prone then Reaction priority

    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Attack QStaff
    Geth, roll 1d8+3
    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Attack Unarmed1
    Geth, roll 1d4+3
    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Attack Unarmed2
    Geth, roll 1d4+3

    Attack QStaff:
    1d20+5 16 [1d20=11]
    1d8+3 8 [1d8=5]
    Attack Unarmed1:
    1d20+5 14 [1d20=9]
    1d4+3 4 [1d4=1]
    Attack Unarmed2:
    1d20+5 24 [1d20=19]
    1d4+3 6 [1d4=3]

  • am0nam0n Registered User regular

    @Steelhawk Roll DC13 Dex ST for the last Flurry hit to avoid being knocked Prone

    Stats:
    Philo - AC:19, HP:26/38, 4/4 Sup. Dice, HD: 2/4, Cold Resistance
    Barran - AC:16, HP: 27+5/27, Spells: -/2, HD: 2/4
    Basilisk - AC: 15, HP: 5/52, Petrifying Gaze, BLIND-ish
    Dural - AC:18, HP:40+5/40, Spells:-/3, LoH:20/20, HD: 2/4
    Ay - AC:16, HP: 31+5/31, Ki: 2/4, HD: 2/4
    Salazar - AC:15, HP:26, Spells:-/4/3, SP:4, HD:2/4

  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited October 20
    Battered and bloody, the Basilisk still keeps to its feet.

    Geth, roll 1d20-1 for DEX save vs. 13

    DEX save vs. 13:
    1d20-1 16 [1d20=17]

    Steelhawk on
  • evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    edited October 20
    Salazar will stick to the classics!

    minion, roll 1d20+6 for firebolt
    minion, roll 1d10 for damage
    Stats:
    Philo - AC:19, HP:26/38, 4/4 Sup. Dice, HD: 2/4, Cold Resistance
    Barran - AC:16, HP: 27+5/27, Spells: -/2, HD: 2/4
    Basilisk - AC: 15, HP: 2/52, Petrifying Gaze, BLIND-ish
    Dural - AC:18, HP:40+5/40, Spells:-/3, LoH:20/20, HD: 2/4
    Ay - AC:16, HP: 31+5/31, Ki: 2/4, HD: 2/4
    Salazar - AC:15, HP:26, Spells:-/4/3, SP:4, HD:2/4

    firebolt:
    1d20+6 15 [1d20=9]
    damage:
    1d10 3 [1d10=3]

    evilthecat on
    tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    As the beast flinches back from Sal's firebolt, Philo has another go at piercing it's scaly hide.

    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Stabbin'!
    Geth, roll 1d8+3 for Damagin'!

    Stabbin'!:
    1d20+5 17 [1d20=12]
    Damagin'!:
    1d8+3 5 [1d8=2]

    0sgEp4R.jpg?1
    BursarSteelhawk
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    The beast is dead! Philo's sword pierces its hide and finds its heart. With a dust raising thud, the Basilisk drops to the ground.

    Fantastic! I almost turned one of you to stone. What more can a DM ask for?

    Now what?

  • evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    Now Salazar will do his best to remove the beast's lower jaw and add it to the trophy stikk..

    tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    Ay will scan the room to make sure there are no other threats present, and to determine whether or not it seems safe to linger here more than a moment or two.

  • AegisAegis Not Quite TorontoRegistered User regular
    When the creature falls, Dural's hammer remains hefted as if not trusting that the devious creature isn't in fact dead. Prodding its corpse to confirm for himself, he then relaxes slightly before immediately starting to assemble an impromptu campfire right alongside the Basilisk's flank. Three torches are arranged in a pile of whatever random detritus he can otherwise scrounge up from around the room, neatly and carefully and precise. Then, the dwarf takes a few good moments to remove his worn, metal-soled boots that had just recently been trying to turn to stone...and adds them to the centre of the campfire.

    Retrieving a tinderbox and flint from his bag, he strikes once, twice, and one final time until the torches catch fire and the campfire is burning, his boots along with it. "An offering of travels, iron, and predators slain," Dural speaks, head bowed in front of the fire, "As thanks fer the Finder's path remainin' illuminated in front of me, hopefully for some time t'come." He'll remain head bowed in prayer for some time or until spurred on by the others, his hairy toes wiggling idly now and again.

    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    SteelhawkElvenshaeBursar
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! Registered User regular
    Barran wipes his brow and puffs out a heavy sigh when the beast hit the floor, sending the "helmet" bizarrely through the stone for a moment before he releases his spell and the image blinks out.

    "I really have to wonder how they wrangled this beast in here in the first place," he says, but then notices the variety of goblinoid statues in various states of damage around the room. "On the plus side, the room we snuck into before is probably empty. Care for another peek, Ay?"

    Barran gives Dural some time to attend to his prayers, taking the opportunity to boot the Hobgoblin corpse by the door so that its arm drops away from the activation rune. The irregular drone of rushing electricity from the hallway falls silent.

    Oh my fucking god this post
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324 | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Currently RPing: Barran in the Ruins of Undermountain!
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Somebody give me an Intelligence check please.

  • Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    Philo puts a hand on Barran's shoulder. "That was smartly done, Barran. Smarltly done indeed." Wiping the blood off his sword, he looks about the room, pondering their next room.

    Does this roll prevent somebody else from trying the Int roll? If it does, I'd rather let somebody cleverer take a crack at it, but in case it doesn't...
    Geth, roll 1d20+1

    1d20+1 18 [1d20=17]

    0sgEp4R.jpg?1
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    That is more than good enough for what I want to convey...and appropriate that the tactician of the group made the roll.

    The disappearance of the frightening animated suits of armor...the dead man's switch on the statue trap...releasing the Basilisk from its room...It's clear to Philo that Lady Zarr is getting nervous now.

    She has pulled back and consolidated her defenses. Her usual horde is far away make their delivery of slaves in the Underdark. The fodder she had left at her disposal has been devastated: The loss of one of her Captains and his men while trying to loot the Bone Throne, the troops holding the main entrance, another gang of her fodder while they where learning to get along and even more as they ate their lunch, freeing her personal chef, the slaying of her family of pet spiders and the loss of one of her fellow Dark Elves as well as his hunting party...

    If there ever was a time to lop the head off of these Drow slavers, now is the time!!!

    (He does wonder where the scary suits of armor went though...)

    Mongrel IdiotElvenshae
  • Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    edited October 23
    "Right lads," says Philo, slipping back into his command voice. "Unless I miss my guess, Lady Zarr is scrambling. Dead hobs, dead spiders, her food source hobbled since we freed Neblin..." He frowns, twisting his hand on the hilt of his sword. Here were all of the threads coming together, the little pieces of information that a good soldier and a good battle-captain picked up in the field - the likely strength of the enemy based on how many were at the front, their morale and cohesion, their supply lines and storage - no one of it enough to draw a firm conclusion from, and the final picture itself murky, but that and your instincts were the only things to go on. So you made your call, and you barked to the men to get moving, clapped some shoulders and told some old marching jokes, and either you were right and you won or you were wrong and you died.

    Except these aren't your soldiers, he reminds himself. "I think," he says, letting the command-voice slip away, "that we won't have a better chance than now to get to the heart of Zarr's lair and put an end to her slaving, for good. I propose we move on her lair with all speed." He glances at Ay and grins. "Well, maybe not all of us at all speed. You wouldn't want to go in twenty marks before the rest of us, Ay."

    Mongrel Idiot on
    0sgEp4R.jpg?1
    ElvenshaeSteelhawkBursaram0n
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Crap. I was all prepared to move the game forward but now that I look at the map I realize that I need some input from you and allow you to assert your player agency.

    Once you enter the dungeon, how/where you want to proceed? I'll re-post the map tomorrow when I'm not on my phone with a key corresponding to the rooms your discovers at the last state they were in.

    Until then, think about how you want to assault this base of operations!

  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited October 24
    As promised, here is the map of the area with Keyed location notes:

    Lady Zarr's Area Map:
    Lady%20Zarrs%20Territory_zpsiiz8mkps.jpg
    [/quote]


    Room 4: Zarr's Army Ready Room/Parade Square/Goblin & Kobold Camp - CLEAR
    Room 5: Basilisk Den - CLEAR
    Room 6: Mess Hall - BIG MESS, PROBABLY CLEAR
    6A: Kitchen - PROBABLY CLEAR
    6B: Pantry & Fresh Water Supply - PROBABLY CLEAR
    Room 7: Language School - PROBABLY CLEAR
    Room 8: Slave Pens - CLEAR
    Room 9: Hobgoblin Barracks & Bugbear Dens - ???
    Room 10: Spider Lair - PROBABLY CLEAR (but I wouldn't check unless I was feeling my Wheaties today)
    Room 11: Stirge Room - RESET BECAUSE HALASTER IS A JACKASS
    Rooms 12 & 13: Nevermind and Not Relevant to the Adventure anymore
    Rooms 14 thru 20: Unexplored and this is where you need to go.


    Steelhawk on
    Mongrel Idiot
  • Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    edited October 25
    Philo sketches a map of the dungeon in the dust. "Here's what we know," he says, quickly rattling off the chambers they've been through and what they killed there. "We have two routes into Zarr's lair: from above, and from below. Above was the kitchens, and clear the last time we saw it; below was the barracks, and we've no idea what's down there." He scratches his chin. "If I'm right about Zarr's situation, and if I were in that situation myself, I would have pulled back to a smaller perimeter, perhaps as small as this." He points to rooms 15,17, and 18. "Either approach, then, should be open for us. If she has the strength she'll have pickets posted, so we'll want to take the hardest-to-watch route. That looks to be the southernmost path," he traces the hallways from the southernmost room 9 over to room 18. "Striking that way, with careful scouting by the indomitable Barran, should give us a sense of if she has more forces than I guess, and hopefully allow us to enter her base unannounced. It'll be sword-work once we're in, but none of us are strangers to that." He looks around at the rest of the party. "We can put an end to this, gentlemen. Your thoughts on the plan?"

    Mongrel Idiot on
    0sgEp4R.jpg?1
    Steelhawkam0nElvenshae
  • evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    Salazar finishes cutting through the final bits of flesh and jolts the jaw out of its socket.
    He then start burning off the flesh, eating bits of it here and there.
    As he's doing so he'll squint at the map and listen to Philo's tactical suggestions.

    "Sure, yeah, why not! ..anyone want some?"

    tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Mongrel IdiotElvenshae
  • Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    edited October 25
    An artist's depiction of Philo's drawing:
    rzk5lSK.png

    Mongrel Idiot on
    0sgEp4R.jpg?1
    BursarAegisam0nElvenshae
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! Registered User regular
    Barran pokes at Room 5. "That's the room Ay and I scouted out before, where we first saw the... well, a giant lizard that resembles the one we just defeated. I'd like to take another peek in there, if not to see if there's anything valuable resembling a hoard inside then just to confirm that we don't have to worry about another one of those creatures sneaking up on us from behind as we head further in."

    Oh my fucking god this post
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324 | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Currently RPing: Barran in the Ruins of Undermountain!
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Bursar wrote: »
    Barran pokes at Room 5. "That's the room Ay and I scouted out before, where we first saw the... well, a giant lizard that resembles the one we just defeated. I'd like to take another peek in there, if not to see if there's anything valuable resembling a hoard inside then just to confirm that we don't have to worry about another one of those creatures sneaking up on us from behind as we head further in."

    The room looks exactly the same as before. The statues and old mural and half eaten people-statues.

    It's a large room, a dark room, and there are plenty of places where items of value could be stashed...

    Perception check, please.

  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    edited October 26
    "Room 11: Stirge Room - RESET BECAUSE HALASTER IS A JACKASS" - Love it.

    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Looking over the Halfling


    Ay nods and follows Barran into the room. "If anything, maybe we can figure out more about her defenses." Ay looks about with Barran, trying to either find out more information about Lady Zarr and her lair, or what the creature may have been guarding.

    And if there isn't any obvious danger in the room, Ay will move into the room to explore/examine things better. Won't run in, but passive perception style looking around to make sure I don't step on a trap or anything, too.

    Looking over the Halfling:
    1d20+5 22 [1d20=17]

    am0n on
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! Registered User regular
    // Steelhawk, were you waiting for a roll from me? It looks like am0n's roll was a Perception check with a different name and not a Help attempt...

    Oh my fucking god this post
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324 | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Currently RPing: Barran in the Ruins of Undermountain!
Sign In or Register to comment.