The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[pbp] Ruins of Undermountain (D&D 5e) - Huh. These bugbears are mighty...

1626364656668»

Posts

  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    evilthecat wrote: »
    Wait, our scout couldn't even see?!

    *facepalms*

    I'm pretty sure that was part of the reason why you were supposed to go with him. :)

    He also really pooched his Perception roll. So even if he could see, he wouldn't have found the Bugbears hiding under the bed.

  • evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    you don't put the goddamned squishy caster up front!
    rrrrrrggggh infuriating tactical decisions going on here!

    tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • AegisAegis Not Quite TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited November 9
    In our defense, had you been at the front, you would not currently be knocked out :P

    Also, how do these things keep hitting me?

    Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    evilthecat wrote: »
    you don't put the goddamned squishy caster up front!
    rrrrrrggggh infuriating tactical decisions going on here!

    That sounds like something a Wizard would say. :razz:

    Also, the excellent roll to hit Dural was evenly matched by the shit rolls, with Advantage, to hit Philo. I figure Geth is working as intended... for now.

  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited November 10
    OK, so I'm impatient. May @am0n forgive me...

    Ay swifty moves against the Bugbear currently trying to peel open Dural's armor and unleashes his trademarked flurry of blows! But alas, the brute sees him coming and the Monk connects only with air.


    Move: Into butt kicking range of Bugbear 1
    Action: Attack, QStaff
    Minor: Flurry of Blows. If first one hits, attempt to knock prone. If prone and second hits, it can't take reactions until the end of my next turn.

    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Attack QStaff
    Geth, roll 1d8+3
    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Attack, Unarmed1
    Geth, roll 1d4+3
    Geth, roll 1d201+5 for Attack, Unarmed2
    Geth, roll 1d4+3


    Stats:
    Bugbear 1 -AC:16, HP: 27
    Bugbear 2 - AC: 16, HP: 27
    Ay - AC:16, HP: 31+5/31, Ki: 2/4, HD: 2/4, INSPRIATION
    Philo - AC:19, HP:26/38, 4/4 Sup. Dice, HD: 2/4, Cold Resistance, INSPIRATION
    Barran - AC:16, HP: 27+5/27, Spells: -/2, HD: 2/4, INSPIRATION
    Salazar - AC:15, HP: 0, Spells:-/4/3, SP:4, HD:2/4, INPSIRATION, KO'D
    Dural - AC:18, HP:36/40, Spells:-/2, LoH:20/20, HD: 2/4, INSPIRATION

    With @Mongrel Idiot & @Bursar swapping initiative slots to get some light into the room that means Philo is next!

    Attack QStaff:
    1d20+5 7 [1d20=2]
    1d8+3 6 [1d8=3]
    Attack, Unarmed1:
    1d20+5 17 [1d20=12]
    1d4+3 6 [1d4=3]
    Attack, Unarmed2:
    1d201+5 156 [1d201=151]
    1d4+3 4 [1d4=1]

    Steelhawk on
  • Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    edited November 10
    So much for surprise, thinks Philo, and snatches the Driftglobe from his belt. He speaks the command word and light floods the room. Raising his shield, he steps into the fray, trying to protect as many of his allies as possible. "On 'em, Dural; there's enough for the lot of us!" he calls.

    Activate the Driftglobe, then move so I'm adjacent to as many allies as possible and prepare to use my reaction for Protection. Also, as a bonus action, use Rally to give Dural 5 (I think; need to double-check late) THP.

    Stats
    Bugbear 1 -AC:16, HP: 27
    Bugbear 2 - AC: 16, HP: 27
    Ay - AC:16, HP: 31+5/31, Ki: 2/4, HD: 2/4, INSPRIATION
    Philo - AC:19, HP:26/38, 4/4 Sup. Dice, HD: 2/4, Cold Resistance, INSPIRATION
    Barran - AC:16, HP: 27+5/27, Spells: -/2, HD: 2/4, INSPIRATION
    Salazar - AC:15, HP: 0, Spells:-/4/3, SP:4, HD:2/4, INPSIRATION, KO'D
    Dural - AC:18, HP:36+5/40, Spells:-/2, LoH:20/20, HD: 2/4, INSPIRATION
    @Bursar You're up!

    Mongrel Idiot on
    0sgEp4R.jpg?1
  • AegisAegis Not Quite TorontoRegistered User regular
    That's uh...that's some die you rolled for attack there...

    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    Steelhawk
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited November 11
    Heh. Seems like you got your move, bonus and reaction in there but forgot the big one involving your sword and stabbing people with it.

    If you are worried about action economy, it is a free action to speak the command word. If you are still worried, then figuring that you'd need to dig it out of your belt pouch you could consider it your move action to draw and activate the driftglobe. And you are already in melee with a bugbear, so no need to move anywhere to stab someone.

    Steelhawk on
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! Registered User regular
    Barran whipped around at the sounds of the bugbears crashing out of their concealment, but it wasn't until the driftglobe flared into life that he was able to see the carnage: Salazar already downed with a horrible wound, with the others engaging the creatures with little effect. Barran curses and raises his crossbow, taking aim at the one standing closest to Salazar.

    Geth, roll 1d20+6 for Crossbow
    Geth, roll 3d6+4 for Sneak Attack damage

    Crossbow:
    1d20+6 19 [1d20=13]
    Sneak Attack damage:
    3d6+4 16 [3d6=5, 4, 3]

    Oh my fucking god this post
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324 | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Currently RPing: Barran in the Ruins of Undermountain!
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! Registered User regular
    New stats:
    Bugbear 1 -AC:16, HP: 11
    Bugbear 2 - AC: 16, HP: 27
    Ay - AC:16, HP: 31+5/31, Ki: 2/4, HD: 2/4, INSPIRATION
    Philo - AC:19, HP:26/38, 4/4 Sup. Dice, HD: 2/4, Cold Resistance, INSPIRATION
    Barran - AC:16, HP: 27+5/27, Spells: -/2, HD: 2/4, INSPIRATION
    Salazar - AC:15, HP: 0, Spells:-/4/3, SP:4, HD:2/4, INPSIRATION, KO'D
    Dural - AC:18, HP:36+5/40, Spells:-/2, LoH:20/20, HD: 2/4, INSPIRATION

    On to @evilthecat for a death save...

    Oh my fucking god this post
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324 | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Currently RPing: Barran in the Ruins of Undermountain!
  • evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    Minion, roll 1d20 for love meeee geth

    love meeee geth:
    1d20 16 [1d20=16]

    tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Bursar
  • Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    edited November 11
    Steelhawk wrote: »
    Heh. Seems like you got your move, bonus and reaction in there but forgot the big one involving your sword and stabbing people with it.

    If you are worried about action economy, it is a free action to speak the command word. If you are still worried, then figuring that you'd need to dig it out of your belt pouch you could consider it your move action to draw and activate the driftglobe. And you are already in melee with a bugbear, so no need to move anywhere to stab someone.

    Oh, gotcha; I had it in my head that it was an action to activate the globe. Philo swings!

    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Attack!
    Geth, roll 1d8+3 for Damage!

    Attack!:
    1d20+5 23 [1d20=18]
    Damage!:
    1d8+3 5 [1d8=2]

    Mongrel Idiot on
    0sgEp4R.jpg?1
    Elvenshae
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited November 13
    Stats:
    Bugbear 1 - AC:16, HP: 11
    Bugbear 2 - AC: 16, HP: 22
    Ay - AC:16, HP: 31+5/31, Ki: 2/4, HD: 2/4, INSPIRATION
    Philo - AC:19, HP:26/38, 4/4 Sup. Dice, HD: 2/4, Cold Resistance, INSPIRATION
    Barran - AC:16, HP: 27+5/27, Spells: -/2, HD: 2/4, INSPIRATION
    Salazar - AC:15, HP: 0, Spells:-/4/3, SP:4, HD:2/4, INPSIRATION, KO'D - 1 Success/0 Fail
    Dural - AC:18, HP:36+5/40, Spells:-/2, LoH:20/20, HD: 2/4, INSPIRATION

    @Aegis is up!

    Steelhawk on
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    @Aegis - Friendly reminder that its up to Dural to clean up the round.

    Also, Barran should have had Advantage on that attack while hidden, not that it mattered in this case. He is no longer hidden, but and still has the full suite of options to keep landing Sneak Attacks. (re-hiding, plinking away while enemies are engaged, etc...)

  • AegisAegis Not Quite TorontoRegistered User regular
    Grimacing as the strikes from the pair of bugbears pierce his armour, Dural begins to glower as Salazar falls to the dirt behind him. Hefting Fimbul forward, he turns, slides to a stop beside the fallen tiefling, kneels, and smacks the ground with a readied fist, sending a pulse of energy rippling out into the nearby unconscious body. "Sleep when yer dead, and y'ain't dead." A soothing white glow knits and mends the tiefling's wounds, bringing him back out of unconsciousness just in time for the next set of swings from the sneaky goblins.

    Move: Next to Sal, though I think I'm already there.
    Action: Lay on Hands for 10 hp on Sal.
    Reaction: Fighting Style (Protection) to grant disadvantage if they attack someone that isn't me.

    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    SteelhawkMongrel IdiotElvenshae
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited November 14
    I really dig that visual in my head of Dural hitting the ground and sending a pulse of healing out to Sal. Maybe not RAW, but close enough!

    ROUND 2

    The two bugbears manage to position themselves back to back, putting some distance between Dural and Philo and preventing them from reinforcing each other. Picture, if you will, a hairy double-stuffed bugbear oreo cookie. With the heroes forming the cookies and the bugbears as the cream This maneuvering also puts the Bugear fighting Dural facing towards the east, where he can now see Barran and his crossbow. His eyes widen as he understands now where that painful last wound came from. The other bugbear squints for a moment as Philo's driftglobe lights up the barracks, and he brings his blade down on Philo, as his partner also lashes out at Dural.

    Both strikes land true! These two bugbears are mighty!


    Geth, roll 1d20+4 for Bugbear 1 vs. Dural
    Geth, roll 2d8+2 for Damage
    Geth, roll 1d20+4 for Bugbear 2 vs. Philo
    Geth, roll 2d8+2 for Damage


    Stats:
    Bugbear 1 -AC:16, HP: 11
    Bugbear 2 - AC: 16, HP: 22
    Ay - AC:16, HP: 31+5/31, Ki: 2/4, HD: 2/4, INSPRIATION
    Philo - AC:19, HP:19/38, 4/4 Sup. Dice, HD: 2/4, Cold Resistance, INSPIRATION
    Barran - AC:16, HP: 27+5/27, Spells: -/2, HD: 2/4, INSPIRATION
    Salazar - AC:15, HP: 0, Spells:-/4/3, SP:4, HD:2/4, INPSIRATION,
    Dural - AC:18, HP:22/40, Spells:-/2, LoH:10/20, HD: 2/4, INSPIRATION

    @am0n is up!

    Bugbear 1 vs. Dural:
    1d20+4 20 [1d20=16]
    Damage:
    2d8+2 12 [2d8=5, 5]
    Bugbear 2 vs. Philo:
    1d20+4 22 [1d20=18]
    Damage:
    2d8+2 7 [2d8=1, 4]

    Steelhawk on
    Aegis
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! Registered User regular
    Are the bugbears regenerating!?

    Oh my fucking god this post
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324 | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Currently RPing: Barran in the Ruins of Undermountain!
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Bursar wrote: »
    Are the bugbears regenerating!?

    No. What make you say that? ;)

  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    edited November 15
    Ay continues the assault on the first creature, hoping to knock the teetering beast to the ground and assist with the other. The creature is particularly nimble, though, and dodges both of his blows. Ay positions himself next to Dural to take advantage of the dwarf's shield.

    Sorry!

    @Steelhawk The second and third attack you rolled for me hit. I assumed the 1d201 roll of a 156 was a 15, so 17 and 20 rolls, which both exceed the 16 AC. Flurry doesn't require the Qstaff attack hits, just that I made a melee attack. I won't ask for more, given I wasn't here, but that is 10 damage (the prone I'd ignore since it may impact a lot more of the round).

    I'll assume Bugbear 1 is down to 1 HP for my round.

    Action: QStaff Attack, Bugbear 1
    If Bugbear 1 is dead, Move to Bugbear 2. Else, stay still.
    Minor: Martial Arts Bugbear X

    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Attack QStaff
    Geth, roll 1d8+3
    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Attack Unarmed
    Geth, roll 1d4+3


    Attack QStaff:
    1d20+5 13 [1d20=8]
    1d8+3 7 [1d8=4]
    Attack Unarmed:
    1d20+5 6 [1d20=1]
    1d4+3 5 [1d4=2]

    am0n on
    Steelhawk
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited November 15
    am0n wrote: »
    Flurry doesn't require the Qstaff attack hits, just that I made a melee attack.

    Ah! That was the key information that I missed. Proceed as if I had done everything correctly.

    Stats:
    Bugbear 1 -AC:16, HP: 1
    Bugbear 2 - AC: 16, HP: 22
    Ay - AC:16, HP: 31+5/31, Ki: 2/4, HD: 2/4, INSPRIATION
    Philo - AC:19, HP:19/38, 4/4 Sup. Dice, HD: 2/4, Cold Resistance, INSPIRATION
    Barran - AC:16, HP: 27+5/27, Spells: -/2, HD: 2/4, INSPIRATION
    Salazar - AC:15, HP: 10, Spells:-/4/3, SP:4, HD:2/4, INPSIRATION,
    Dural - AC:18, HP:22/40, Spells:-/2, LoH:10/20, HD: 2/4, INSPIRATION

    Steelhawk on
    Elvenshae
  • am0nam0n Registered User regular

    @Mongrel Idiot Philo up. Ay swung and missed.

    Elvenshae
  • Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    edited November 16
    Seeing that one of the bugbears is wobbling, Philo lunges in to finish it off. He catches it under the arm as it tries to raise its axe, sinking his sword into the thing's vitals. It groans and crumbles, and Philo turns to cover his allies.

    Gonna take a swing at Bugbear 1.

    Edit: Woo!

    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Attack the Bugbear!
    Geth, roll 1d8+3 for Hurt the Bugbear!

    Updated stats; looks like I forgot to take off a Superiority die earlier.
    Bugbear 1 -AC:16, HP: 0 DEADZO
    Bugbear 2 - AC: 16, HP: 22
    Ay - AC:16, HP: 31+5/31, Ki: 2/4, HD: 2/4, INSPRIATION
    Philo - AC:19, HP:19/38, 3/4 Sup. Dice, HD: 2/4, Cold Resistance, INSPIRATION
    Barran - AC:16, HP: 27+5/27, Spells: -/2, HD: 2/4, INSPIRATION
    Salazar - AC:15, HP: 10, Spells:-/4/3, SP:4, HD:2/4, INPSIRATION,
    Dural - AC:18, HP:22/40, Spells:-/2, LoH:10/20, HD: 2/4, INSPIRATION
    @Bursar

    Attack the Bugbear!:
    1d20+5 19 [1d20=14]
    Hurt the Bugbear!:
    1d8+3 5 [1d8=2]

    Mongrel Idiot on
    0sgEp4R.jpg?1
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    @Mongrel Idiot Currently Philo is square up to Bugbear 2, who is back to back with #1. #2 is blocking your attack to #1 so if you want to move and reposition yourself to attack #1 then you would be exposing yourself to an opportunity attack from #2.

    Did you want to proceed or rethink your action?

  • Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    Nope, no rethinking; Philo's gonna go big on this one wooooooooo!

    0sgEp4R.jpg?1
    Steelhawkam0n
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited November 16
    With a deft spin, Philo dekes away from his opponent who completely misjudges the fighters actions. As the bugbears blades finds only air, Philo's blade plunges into the flank of its partner finding its heart and dropping him to the floor for good.

    Geth, roll 1d20+4 for Opportunistically striking Philo
    Geth, roll 2d8+2 for Opportunistic damage

    Updated stats:
    Bugbear 1 -AC:16, HP: 0 DEADZO
    Bugbear 2 - AC: 16, HP: 22
    Ay - AC:16, HP: 31+5/31, Ki: 2/4, HD: 2/4, INSPRIATION
    Philo - AC:19, HP:19/38, 3/4 Sup. Dice, HD: 2/4, Cold Resistance, INSPIRATION
    Barran - AC:16, HP: 27+5/27, Spells: -/2, HD: 2/4, INSPIRATION
    Salazar - AC:15, HP: 10, Spells:-/4/3, SP:4, HD:2/4, INPSIRATION,
    Dural - AC:18, HP:22/40, Spells:-/2, LoH:10/20, HD: 2/4, INSPIRATION

    @Bursar is up next!

    Opportunistically striking Philo:
    1d20+4 10 [1d20=6]
    Opportunistic damage:
    2d8+2 11 [2d8=5, 4]

    Steelhawk on
    am0nMongrel Idiot
  • Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    Man, I thought for sure that I was gonna get myself killed there.

    0sgEp4R.jpg?1
    am0n
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Man, I thought for sure that I was gonna get myself killed there.

    Well, there are some Drow coming up soon. We'll see what we can do at that time. :biggrin:

    am0nElvenshae
  • AegisAegis Not Quite TorontoRegistered User regular
    Man, I thought for sure that I was gonna get myself killed there.

    Look, I have managed to put myself in situations in which I had literal 50/50 shots at death or survival twice in this campaign. You need to up your game :P

    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    SteelhawkMongrel Idiot
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! Registered User regular
    Barran raises his crossbow and takes a shot at the surviving Bugbear, then attempts to sink back into the shadows before the creature notices how the halfling is particularly small, unprotected, and standing off by himself on the other side of the room.


    Attack: Crossbow at Bugbear 2
    Bonus: Hide

    Geth, roll 1d20+6 for Crossbow Attack on BB2
    Geth, roll 3d6+4 for damage
    Geth, roll 1d20+6 for Stealth

    Crossbow Attack:
    1d20+6 8 [1d20=2]
    damage:
    3d6+4 13 [3d6=2, 6, 1]
    Stealth:
    1d20+6 22 [1d20=16]

    Oh my fucking god this post
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324 | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Currently RPing: Barran in the Ruins of Undermountain!
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! Registered User regular
    No change to stats:
    Bugbear 1 -AC:16, HP: 0 DEADZO
    Bugbear 2 - AC: 16, HP: 22
    Ay - AC:16, HP: 31+5/31, Ki: 2/4, HD: 2/4, INSPRIATION
    Philo - AC:19, HP:19/38, 3/4 Sup. Dice, HD: 2/4, Cold Resistance, INSPIRATION
    Barran - AC:16, HP: 27+5/27, Spells: -/2, HD: 2/4, INSPIRATION
    Salazar - AC:15, HP: 10, Spells:-/4/3, SP:4, HD:2/4, INPSIRATION,
    Dural - AC:18, HP:22/40, Spells:-/2, LoH:10/20, HD: 2/4, INSPIRATION

    But @evilthecat gets to strike back!

    Oh my fucking god this post
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324 | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Currently RPing: Barran in the Ruins of Undermountain!
    Elvenshae
  • evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    edited November 17
    Salazar will get up and try to figure out what's going on!
    Oh look, Philo's on the business end of a blade again!

    minion, roll 1d20+6 for to hit with firebolt (the thing attacking Philo ofc ;p )
    minion, roll 1d10 for damage
    Bugbear 1 -AC:16, HP: 0 DEADZO
    Bugbear 2 - AC: 16, HP: 15
    Ay - AC:16, HP: 31+5/31, Ki: 2/4, HD: 2/4, INSPRIATION
    Philo - AC:19, HP:19/38, 3/4 Sup. Dice, HD: 2/4, Cold Resistance, INSPIRATION
    Barran - AC:16, HP: 27+5/27, Spells: -/2, HD: 2/4, INSPIRATION
    Salazar - AC:15, HP: 10, Spells:-/4/3, SP:4, HD:2/4, INPSIRATION,
    Dural - AC:18, HP:22/40, Spells:-/2, LoH:10/20, HD: 2/4, INSPIRATION

    @Aegis

    to hit with firebolt (the thing attacking Philo ofc ;p ):
    1d20+6 25 [1d20=19]
    damage:
    1d10 7 [1d10=7]

    evilthecat on
    tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Mongrel Idiot
  • AegisAegis Not Quite TorontoRegistered User regular
    So the bugbear's almost dead, but so are several of us. I don't think I can kill it unless I hit and holy smite it, maybe. Unsure if I should top Sal off just in case, or whack at it and we'll heal after combat?

    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    So the bugbear's almost dead, but so are several of us. I don't think I can kill it unless I hit and holy smite it, maybe. Unsure if I should top Sal off just in case, or whack at it and we'll heal after combat?

    I think you should just try to kill him and you all can worry about healing afterwards.

    But I'm the DM, and maybe you shouldn't trust me because I'm, really, I'm trying to beat the snot out of your characters for amusement.

  • AegisAegis Not Quite TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited November 19
    One bugbear falls and with it the dwarf's attention, which shifts to the remaining, wounded, stealthy goblinoid. While a few limbs throb from the pain of having been struck several times now, Dural fights through the pain, sliding up to the creature and striking out with a quick hammer blow, positioning himself either next to or between the tiefling and the lone attacker.

    Move: Next to the bugbear and either next to Sal (if he's nearby), or between Sal and the Bugbear. I've kind of lost the visual of who's where.
    Action: Attack Bugbear.

    minion, roll 1d20+5 for Attack
    minion, roll 1d8+3 for Damage

    Attack:
    1d20+5 23 [1d20=18]
    Damage[/color]:
    1d8+3 7 [1d8=4]

    Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited November 19
    The remaining Bugbear, after being thoroughly fooled by Philo's fancy footwork, turns just in time to catch Dural's new Hammer in his chest. He staggers back a bit before lashing out again at Philo, missing. Upon realizing his precarious situation he then turns to flee out the western exit of the barracks, the way you came.


    Geth, roll 1d20+4 vs. Philo
    Geth, roll 2d8+2 damage

    Bugbear turns to flee, opening himself up to Opportunity attacks from everyone, except Barran



    Stats:
    Bugbear 1 -AC:16, HP: 0 DEADZO
    Bugbear 2 - AC: 16, HP: 8
    Ay - AC:16, HP: 31+5/31, Ki: 2/4, HD: 2/4, INSPRIATION
    Philo - AC:19, HP:19/38, 3/4 Sup. Dice, HD: 2/4, Cold Resistance, INSPIRATION
    Barran - AC:16, HP: 27+5/27, Spells: -/2, HD: 2/4, INSPIRATION
    Salazar - AC:15, HP: 10, Spells:-/4/3, SP:4, HD:2/4, INPSIRATION,
    Dural - AC:18, HP:22/40, Spells:-/2, LoH:10/20, HD: 2/4, INSPIRATION


    vs. Philo:
    1d20+4 11 [1d20=7]
    damage:
    2d8+2 15 [2d8=5, 8]

    Steelhawk on
  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    edited November 19
    Ay, still watching one bugbear fall to the ground, doesn't quite notice the other one fleeing until it is just outside his reach, making him swing wildly with his staff.


    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for OA
    Geth, roll 1d8+3

    OA:
    1d20+5 7 [1d20=2]
    1d8+3 8 [1d8=5]

    am0n on
  • AegisAegis Not Quite TorontoRegistered User regular
    Satisfied that he's able to force the creature to flee, Dural follows up his successful smash with another, aiming for the Bugbear's legs this time.

    minion, roll 1d20+5 for Attack
    minion, roll 1d8+3 for Damage

    Attack:
    1d20+5 16 [1d20=11]
    Damage:
    1d8+3 6 [1d8=3]

    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    As the bugbear stumbled from Dural's blow, Philo slashes at the monster's back!

    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Attack opportunistically!
    Geth, roll 1d20+3 for Damage opportunistically!

    Attack opportunistically!:
    1d20+5 10 [1d20=5]
    Damage opportunistically!:
    1d20+3 5 [1d20=2]

    0sgEp4R.jpg?1
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited November 20
    Stumbling from Dural's hit, the bugbear keeps moving. The cowardly beast can almost taste the freedom!

    I'm picturing the scene from Oceans 11 when Reuben is telling the story of the three most successful casino heists in history and the last one is of the guy who made it out the front doors...

    @am0n is up now for his actual turn, followed by @Mongrel Idiot

    Stats:
    Bugbear 1 -AC:16, HP: 0 DEADZO
    Bugbear 2 - AC: 16, HP: 2
    Ay - AC:16, HP: 31+5/31, Ki: 2/4, HD: 2/4, INSPRIATION
    Philo - AC:19, HP:19/38, 3/4 Sup. Dice, HD: 2/4, Cold Resistance, INSPIRATION
    Barran - AC:16, HP: 27+5/27, Spells: -/2, HD: 2/4, INSPIRATION
    Salazar - AC:15, HP: 10, Spells:-/4/3, SP:4, HD:2/4, INPSIRATION,
    Dural - AC:18, HP:22/40, Spells:-/2, LoH:10/20, HD: 2/4, INSPIRATION




    Steelhawk on
Sign In or Register to comment.