The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[pbp] Ruins of Undermountain (D&D 5e) - ...And into the Basilisk Den!

1495052545566

Posts

  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    @Bursar can you put the itty bitty wittle kitty down for a minute? @Aegis ?

  • AegisAegis Not Quite TorontoRegistered User regular
    (( Is it possible to get an updated map? ))

    Currently DMing: None right now! :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +4/1d8+2 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Uh...maybe? Let me get away from the kids a bit and find my laptop

  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Steelhawk wrote: »
    Uh...maybe? Let me get away from the kids a bit and find my laptop

    Sorry....escaping from the fam didnt work out. I'll try to update the map tomorrow morning.

  • AegisAegis Not Quite TorontoRegistered User regular
    Steelhawk wrote: »
    Steelhawk wrote: »
    Uh...maybe? Let me get away from the kids a bit and find my laptop

    Sorry....escaping from the fam didnt work out. I'll try to update the map tomorrow morning.

    (( That's fine, no rush! I'll see if I can work out something in between E3 coverage. ))

    Currently DMing: None right now! :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +4/1d8+2 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • AegisAegis Not Quite TorontoRegistered User regular
    "Oy, Horney, get to the runnin'," he offers, with a quick gesture of his hammer towards the south. His face then twists into grumbling irritation as the buzzing from around him intensifies. Spinning around, while a screeching grinding accompanies him as the chest shifts on the platform with him, he picks out one of the floating insects near him and swings, off-kilter and with a bit more of a prayer than Dural would like.

    Action: Attack Stirge #26.
    Move: Stay put and cover Philo with Fighting Style like he's doing for me.

    minion, roll 1d20+4-5 for Attack (Stirge 26)
    minion, roll 1d8+2 for Damage

    Attack (Stirge 26):
    1d20+4-5 13 [1d20=14]
    Damage:
    1d8+2 7 [1d8=5]

    Currently DMing: None right now! :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +4/1d8+2 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! Registered User regular
    edited June 11
    //ooc: The trouble isn't putting the little rascal down; it's discovering what inventive tactic he's employed to find a new hidey-hole that we haven't already barricaded.

    Funnily enough, once a stirge attaches itself to you, it doesn't hurt all that much, aside from the oddest feeling like a tipped-out wine sack. Must be something in the beastie's spit... Barran fights off a wave of drowsiness and traces an arcane symbol in the air! The stirges around the group begin to spiral away into the depths, while the one still attached to him ceases its fluttering though its proboscis remains embedded in the halfling's hide. Unfortunately, the untrained nature of his spellcasting proves to be a little too much, and Barran himself succumbs to the spell.

    Action: Cast Sleep, centered on J7


    Geth, roll 5d8 for Sleep HP.

    I think I have this right...
    Ay(H7) - AC:16, HP: 20/31, Ki: 1/4, HD:2/4,
    Angus(H5) - AC:12, HP:17/20
    Stirges 1 thru 15 - DEAD
    Stirges 16, 19, 20 & 22 - ESCAPED WITH A FULL TUMMY
    Stirges 17 thru 23, 25 & 27 - DEAD
    Stirge 24(G6) - AC:14, HP: 2, Blood Drain, - ASLEEP
    Stirge 26(H8) - AC:14, HP: 2, Blood Drain, - ASLEEP
    Stirge 28(I8) - AC:14, HP: 2, Blood Drain, - ASLEEP
    Stirge 29(J4) - DEAD
    Stirge 30(J5) - AC:14, HP: 2, Blood Drain, Embedded into Barran - ASLEEP
    Stirge 31(J8) - AC:14, HP: 2, Blood Drain, - ASLEEP
    Barran(I5) - AC:16, HP: 8/27, Spells:-/1, - ASLEEP
    Salazar(I3) - AC:15, HP: 11/30, Spells: -/0/0, SP: 0,
    Dural(I7) - AC:18, HP:27/40, Spells:-/1, LoH:10/20
    Philo(H6) - AC:19, HP:22/38, 3/4 Sup. Dice,

    Sleep HP:
    5d8 29 [5d8=4, 8, 3, 6, 8]

    Bursar on
    Oh my fucking god this post
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324 | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Currently RPing: Barran in the Ruins of Undermountain!
    SteelhawkElvenshae
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited June 11
    Round 12!

    Barran's spell is quite effective! Taking down all of the Stirges as well as both himself and Salazar! Four of the Stirges plummet to their doom far, far below. The remaining one sinks to the ground with Barran, its little body mostly hanging off the edge of walkway. If not for the business end of the proboscis holding it in play.

    Then more Stirges appear!

    Map:
    ceIcKbl.jpg


    OOC: By my count, 29 HP of sleep spell puts down the following: 5 Stirges @ 2 HP, 1 Barran @ 8 HP & 1 Salazar @ 11 HP = 29HP of beings fallng asleep.

    Geth, roll 1d4 for More stirges
    Ay(H7) - AC:16, HP: 20/31, Ki: 1/4, HD:2/4,
    Angus(H5) - AC:12, HP:17/20
    Stirges 1 thru 15 - DEAD
    Stirges 16, 19, 20 & 22 - ESCAPED WITH A FULL TUMMY
    Stirges 17 thru 29, 31 - DEAD
    Stirge 30(J5) - AC:14, HP: 2, Blood Drain, Embedded into Barran - ASLEEP
    Stirge 32(G0) - AC:14, HP: 2, Blood Drain,
    Stirge 33(F11) - AC:14, HP:2, Blodd Drain
    Barran(I5) - AC:16, HP: 8/27, Spells:-/1, - ASLEEP
    Salazar(I3) - AC:15, HP: 11/30, Spells: -/0/0, SP: 0, ASLEEP
    Dural(I7) - AC:18, HP:27/40, Spells:-/1, LoH:10/20
    Philo(H6) - AC:19, HP:22/38, 3/4 Sup. Dice,

    @am0n - NEXT!

    More stirges:
    1d4 2 [1d4=2]

    Steelhawk on
  • AegisAegis Not Quite TorontoRegistered User regular
    (( This encounter never ceases to be entertaining. ))

    Currently DMing: None right now! :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +4/1d8+2 | Spell +4/DC 12
    SteelhawkElvenshae
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! Registered User regular
    Wait, centered on J7, Salazar's​ not within 20 feet of the spell's center, is he? Damn, I thought I'd planned to keep him out of it...

    Oh my fucking god this post
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324 | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Currently RPing: Barran in the Ruins of Undermountain!
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Bursar wrote: »
    Wait, centered on J7, Salazar's​ not within 20 feet of the spell's center, is he? Damn, I thought I'd planned to keep him out of it...

    OOC: Row 3 is the western edge of the spells effective range. 20'/4 squares out from the centre. We just went through this. :) Yeah, you got him...

  • evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    edited June 11
    // no, now you're fudging squares how you want em :/ I'm not happy with it.
    could you please explain how you're calculating range, because it doesn't make any sense to me.

    evilthecat on
    tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited June 11
    This is now I have been counting ranges on a grid map for a long time. The point of origin is the square specified and we count from there.

    If a spell with a 20' radius is centered in J7, it would affect squares on the map like so...
    FES6JwZ.jpg

    Steelhawk on
  • evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    edited June 11
    //ok, and what's your cutoff point for whether or not a not full square is affected or not? 50% covered?

    evilthecat on
    tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Steelhawk
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    OOC: Yes. If the square is mostly covered, any being in that square is affected.

  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited June 11
    If everyone is cool...lets play on and it's @am0n 's turn.

    If we're not cool...then let's stop and figure it out. I'd hate for someone to think I was out to screw them over specifically, when I'm really out to screw you over all equally :)

    Steelhawk on
  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    Only thing I'd ask is maybe we have a quick conversation as to when we use 5 feet = 5 feet and when we use 5 feet = 1 square. I only ask because if I was to move from J7 to F3 (theoretically, i know there is a ravine) it would be 20 feet of movement. However, for the spell, hitting that square would require a radius of 25-30 feet. Would be even more complicated if we start playing in 3-D with spheres. I've always though we were just treating everything as 5 feet = 1 square, meaning that F3:N11 (all 81 squares) would be targeted by sleep (this doesn't help Sal, either way he'd be hit). This has come up twice now, so I think it would behoove us, as we did with movement way back when, to come to a consensus on how we want to handle a spell radius, both in 2-D and 3-D. Personally, I am a fan of everything is a square, because I think it simplifies it, even if it is less realistic. However, I don't have any spells, so the only time I have to worry is when someone else (friend or foe) is casting on me.

    I think either approach we take Sal would be hit, so I'll continue with my turn.


    Watching Barran mumble something before the bugs, himself and the tiefling fall asleep, Ay shakes his head a bit. "Grab those two, I'll work on the door," he says before moving south. He makes his way to the door and then attempts to hold it open while Dural and Philo grab the other two.


    Move: to O7 (35 feet)
    Action (?): Open door, hold it open.

    Not sure if the door is locked or anything, but I am going to hold it open, or if a check if needed, let me know what the check is and I'll attempt to open the door.

    @Steelhawk

    @Mongrel Idiot @Aegis You two might need to try and dash or something, assuming you can dash dragging dead weight.

  • AegisAegis Not Quite TorontoRegistered User regular
    (( I was going to walk over and slap whomever is still asleep awake, then make my way south.))

    Currently DMing: None right now! :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +4/1d8+2 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited June 11
    am0n wrote: »
    Only thing I'd ask is maybe we have a quick conversation as to when we use 5 feet = 5 feet and when we use 5 feet = 1 square. I only ask because if I was to move from J7 to F3 (theoretically, i know there is a ravine) it would be 20 feet of movement. However, for the spell, hitting that square would require a radius of 25-30 feet. Would be even more complicated if we start playing in 3-D with spheres. I've always though we were just treating everything as 5 feet = 1 square, meaning that F3:N11 (all 81 squares) would be targeted by sleep (this doesn't help Sal, either way he'd be hit). This has come up twice now, so I think it would behoove us, as we did with movement way back when, to come to a consensus on how we want to handle a spell radius, both in 2-D and 3-D. Personally, I am a fan of everything is a square, because I think it simplifies it, even if it is less realistic. However, I don't have any spells, so the only time I have to worry is when someone else (friend or foe) is casting on me.

    I think either approach we take Sal would be hit, so I'll continue with my turn.

    OOC: You're talking about the simple method of counting diagonal movement as 1 square and not 1.5 squares. I like using that simple method too, but your right in that it conflicts with how we count area of effect ranges and how math works in real life. I'm OK with that difference though, if you are. Its a consequence of simplifying movement. OR we can go back and count diagonal movement as 1.5 squares and keep things consistent. You can decide that amongst yourselves.

    I'm much more amenable to changing my outlook on counting diagonal movement than I am with how I perceive ranges on a grid. :)

    Steelhawk on
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited June 11
    Ay swiftly moves to the southern and door and finds it unlocked. he pushes it open and urges his friends forwards. Angus bends down over Barran and gently eases the sleeping Stirge out of the halflings body and lets it drop down into the darkness.

    The two stirges move in and direct their attacks towards Dural and Philo. Clearly the scent of heavier armor mixed with blood is very tempting for them...to no avail!

    Dural moves where he can slap both Barran and Salazar around and wake them up!

    Actions:
    Angus moves to J6 and uses his action to remove the sleeping Stirge from Barran.
    Stirge 32 moves to G6 and attacks Philo
    Stirge 33 moves to I8 and attacks Dural
    Dural moves to I4 and wakes Barran and Salazar

    Geth, roll 1d20+5 vs. Philo
    Geth, roll 1d4+3
    Geth, roll 1d20+5 vs. Dural
    Geth, roll 1d4+3

    Stats:
    Ay(O7) - AC:16, HP: 20/31, Ki: 1/4, HD:2/4,
    Angus(J6) - AC:12, HP:17/20
    Stirges 1 thru 15 - DEAD
    Stirges 16, 19, 20 & 22 - ESCAPED WITH A FULL TUMMY
    Stirges 17 thru 29, 31 - DEAD
    Stirge 30(J5) -DEAD
    Stirge 32(G6) - AC:14, HP: 2, Blood Drain,
    Stirge 33(I8) - AC:14, HP:2, Blood Drain
    Dural(I4) - AC:18, HP:27/40, Spells:-/1, LoH:10/20
    Barran(I5) - AC:16, HP: 8/27, Spells:-/1, PRONE
    Salazar(I3) - AC:15, HP: 11/30, Spells: -/0/0, SP: 0, PRONE
    Philo(H6) - AC:19, HP:22/38, 3/4 Sup. Dice,

    @Bursar @evilthecat @Mongrel Idiot - NEXT![/quote]

    vs. Philo:
    1d20+5 8 [1d20=3]
    1d4+3 6 [1d4=3]
    vs. Dural:
    1d20+5 13 [1d20=8]
    1d4+3 7 [1d4=4]

    Steelhawk on
  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    @Steelhawk I think Aegis also wanted to move south as much as he could after slapping them awake.

    As for counting squares, IMO we should be consistent between movement and spell/weapon ranges. That may be for the better or worse, but I think consistency will help. Again, I personally prefer 1 square = 5 feet, regardless of straight or diagonal, as I do believe it simplifies things a lot (here there would no discussion for instance as to what % of the square is included and whether or not the % is high enough to matter... it would be 0% or 100%), but in the end I'll do whichever.

  • AegisAegis Not Quite TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited June 11
    (( Oh, I didn't know that counted as my turn. I was mostly chatting with am0n by laying out what I was thinking of doing. ))

    Aegis on
    Currently DMing: None right now! :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +4/1d8+2 | Spell +4/DC 12
    Steelhawk
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    (( Oh, I didn't know that counted as my turn. I was mostly chatting with am0n by laying out what I was thinking of doing. ))

    OOC: Sorry, I jumped the gun there.... please go ahead and take any other movement you'd like.

  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    am0n wrote: »
    @Steelhawk I think Aegis also wanted to move south as much as he could after slapping them awake.

    As for counting squares, IMO we should be consistent between movement and spell/weapon ranges. That may be for the better or worse, but I think consistency will help. Again, I personally prefer 1 square = 5 feet, regardless of straight or diagonal, as I do believe it simplifies things a lot (here there would no discussion for instance as to what % of the square is included and whether or not the % is high enough to matter... it would be 0% or 100%), but in the end I'll do whichever.

    If that's the case then, we would be vastly improving areas of effect. I count, for a 20' radius, 4 squares out in each cardinal direction and draw the circle thusly. If instead you start counting 4 squares diagonally too then that radius is then 30' and not 20' and the area of effect is too powerful. Also, not a circle anymore.

    Granting a bit of extra movement is one thing. Making Fireballs 50% bigger, in certain directions only, is another...

  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    @Steelhawk I don't disagree. Although, I would be drawing it as a square, not a circle... but again, that gives up some realism. One thing I'd note is while it helps us, it also helps the enemies. Their "buff" spells will hit more of their allies (as it will ours), and their detrimental will also hit more of us (as will ours).

    Again, I'm fine with either, I just generally trend towards simplifying things. In the end, I'll accept either, would just be good to straighten it out along with things like how much square has to be covered (sounds like > 50%), and how we will handle 3-D, for when it occurs (instead of ~7-7.5 ft for a diagonal, it's ~8.5-9 ft for a 3-D diagonal).

  • AegisAegis Not Quite TorontoRegistered User regular
    The dwarf's completely oblivious to the rune being scribbled into the air behind him. His attention fully glued to the nattering insect in front of him, he's merrily swinging away, missing this way and that as the creature bobs and weaves in the air just out of his reach. It isn't until the Stirge abruptly drops out of the sky that breaks Dural out of his concentration. Pausing, confused, he turns around and immediately his face drops, a heavy sigh escaping as he waddles over between the two of them. He steps over the halfling, ensuring that the accompanying chest smacks him upside the head as it continues to be pulled along, before stopping in front of Salazar and drops his hammer, head-first right next to Sal's. "Sleep later," he says, a bit of push behind his voice as then carts the chest up and over Barran once again.

    Move: I4.
    Action: Wake the two of em up.
    Move: Finish off my movement back to J6, still not leaving that Stirge's threatened zone.

    Currently DMing: None right now! :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +4/1d8+2 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    edited June 12
    //re: spell range and movement
    I use the variant diagonal movement (every 2nd diagonal counts as 10) and then count out spells as if they were movement from that. it's quick, kinda precise and doesn't involve me whipping out a compass everytime someone casts a spell.

    evilthecat on
    tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Steelhawk
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited June 12
    evilthecat wrote: »
    //re: spell range and movement
    I use the variant diagonal movement (every 2nd diagonal counts as 10) and then count out spells as if they were movement from that. it's quick, kinda precise and doesn't involve me whipping out a compass everytime someone casts a spell.

    If we're concerned about counting diagonal movement wrt counting areas of effect diagonally, then this is the solution to use.

    @evilthecat @Bursar @Mongrel Idiot - Lets close out this round and try to get out of this encounter!

    Steelhawk on
    Bursar
  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    I am fine with that.

    Steelhawk
  • Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    "Leg it, lads!" barks Philo, swinging at the stirge in front of them. "Their snouts aren't long enough to get through my armor. Get past me, and I'll try to hold them as we retreat."

    Attack the Stirge in front of me. If I hit, use Maneuvering Strike to let Sal move up to half his speed. Regardless of whether I hit or not, use Rally to give Barran some temporary HP.

    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Stirge Choppin'.
    Geth, roll 1d8+3 for Stirge Killin'.
    Geth, roll 1d8 for Maneuver, Sal!
    Geth, roll 1d8+2 for Rally the halfling!

    Stirge Choppin':
    1d20+5 21 [1d20=16]
    Stirge Killin':
    1d8+3 7 [1d8=4]
    Maneuver, Sal!:
    1d8 3 [1d8=3]
    Rally the halfling!:
    1d8+2 7 [1d8=5]

    0sgEp4R.jpg?1
  • Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    Success! @evilthecat you can move half your speed.

    0sgEp4R.jpg?1
    Steelhawk
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    OOC: Excellent. Technically Philo is acting after Barran and Salazar, but in the interests of moving this encounter to its eventual end we'll fudge the bottom of the initiative order a bit.

    Salazar gets that extra movement on top of his normal movement, yes? So that pretty much means he gets to stand up from prone for free.

  • Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    Yeah, he gets to move half his speed right away when my attack lands. So if he's going before me, he'd use half to stand up, move the other half, and then move the bonus half on my turn. Works out to standing up for free in the end.

    0sgEp4R.jpg?1
    Steelhawk
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Just need Barran and Salazar to get off their drowsy butts and finish off this Round!

    Stats:
    Ay(O7) - AC:16, HP: 20/31, Ki: 1/4, HD:2/4,
    Angus(J6) - AC:12, HP:17/20
    Stirges 1 thru 15 - DEAD
    Stirges 16, 19, 20 & 22 - ESCAPED WITH A FULL TUMMY
    Stirges 17 thru 29, 31 - DEAD
    Stirge 30(J5) -DEAD
    Stirge 32(G6) - DEAD
    Stirge 33(I8) - AC:14, HP:2, Blood Drain
    Dural(J6) - AC:18, HP:27/40, Spells:-/1, LoH:10/20
    Barran(I5) - AC:16, HP: 8/27, Spells:-/1, PRONE
    Salazar(I3) - AC:15, HP: 11/30, Spells: -/0/0, SP: 0, PRONE
    Philo(H6) - AC:19, HP:22/38, 3/4 Sup. Dice,

  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    @Mongrel Idiot You going to use your movement to move yourself? Or did you have to use it as part of your attack?

  • evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    Groggily, Salazar gets up and starts running towards the door!
    Realising that brute force isn't going to cut it this time..
    (He realises that's a lie. Brute force would totally solve this problem. It's just that Salazar has expended his sorcererly might. Feelings of inadequacy wash over him.)
    ..he hopes that Stirges are dumb enough to fall for his ploy but not too dumb as to entirely ignore it!
    The menacing chittering of fully grown spiders eminates throughout the room...

    Mechanics:
    Sal gets up and runs to M6. M5 if you don't want Sal hopping a corner.
    He will then cast "minor illusion" at J5, out of sight of the remaining stirge at I8.
    The illusion mimics the hungry mandible clattering of the spiders they had previously encountered.

    tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    ElvenshaeAegis
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! Registered User regular
    Barran pushes himself up, wincing at fresh bruises from where his face made contact with the stone of the pathway and where Dural's new footwear smacked him upside the head. Seeing Salazar hurrying past, he turns around and flicks a quick Fire Bolt at the stirge at the western edge of the room. Without even seeing if it hits, he skirts past the illusionary spider, making his way for the door to the south.

    Bonus: Dash
    Action: Fire Bolt at the stirge in G0
    Move: stand up and move to N6 (15 for stand + 30 moving out of 50)

    Geth, roll 1d20+4 for Fire Bolt
    Geth, roll 1d10 for fire damage

    Fire Bolt:
    1d20+4 13 [1d20=9]
    fire damage:
    1d10 9 [1d10=9]

    Oh my fucking god this post
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324 | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Currently RPing: Barran in the Ruins of Undermountain!
  • Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    edited June 12
    am0n wrote: »
    @Mongrel Idiot You going to use your movement to move yourself? Or did you have to use it as part of your attack?
    I think I'd have to use it when I attack. I figure I'll try to be the last one out the door, hopefully eating up any stirge attacks that would've otherwise gone to squishier sorts.

    Mongrel Idiot on
    0sgEp4R.jpg?1
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited June 13
    ROUND 12

    @am0n - Ay is holding the unlocked door open and urging the party onwards. You have your full action to act on if you wish

    @evilthecat - Your map locations do not compute as you'd be falling into the dark if you moved to M5, so we'll put Sal at L6. And your illusion would also be floating in mid-air, and in full view of the Stirge. so I'm not sure where you want to put that.

    On his turn, Angus will book it to the door and out, eager to be out of the room but holds a position just outside the door, not wanting to venture too far into the unknown dungeon on his own. Amazingly, he sees Neblin pop out of the shadows ahead of him shaking his disapprovingly. As if to say, "What took you so long?"

    I'll update the map after @am0n 's turn and @evilthecat Spider update

    Geth, roll 1d4 for New Stirges!

    Stats:
    Ay(O7) - AC:16, HP: 20/31, Ki: 1/4, HD:2/4,
    Angus(DONE!) - AC:12, HP:17/20
    Stirges 1 thru 15 - DEAD
    Stirges 16, 19, 20 & 22 - ESCAPED WITH A FULL TUMMY
    Stirges 17 thru 32 - DEAD
    Stirge 33(I8) - AC:14, HP:2, Blood Drain
    Stirge 34(F0) - AC:14, HP:2, Blood Drain
    Stirge 35(K1) - AC:14, HP:2, Blood Drain
    Stirge 36(M11) - AC:14, HP:2, Blood Drain
    Stirge 37(O11) - AC:14, HP:2, Blood Drain
    Dural(J6) - AC:18, HP:27/40, Spells:-/1, LoH:10/20
    Barran(N6) - AC:16, HP: 8/27, Spells:-/1,
    Salazar(L6) - AC:15, HP: 11/30, Spells: -/0/0, SP: 0,
    Philo(H6) - AC:19, HP:22/38, 3/4 Sup. Dice,


    New Stirges!:
    1d4 4 [1d4=4]

    Steelhawk on
  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    edited June 13
    Unsurprisingly, Ay sees yet more bugs rise from their nest. Propping the door open with one foot, he reaches into his pouch and draws two more darts, hurling them at the nearby stirges. One is pinned to the wall, lifeless, but the other dart only scraps the underside of its target.

    "Door is open. Let's put a wall between us and these things."


    OOC:
    Action: Draw Dart, Attack Stirge 37
    Bonus: Draw Dart, Attack Stirge 37, or Stirge 36 if Stirge 37 is dead (Two Weapon Fighting)

    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Dart 1
    Geth, roll 1d4+3
    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Dart 2
    Geth, roll 1d4

    Stats:
    Ay(O7) - AC:16, HP: 20/31, Ki: 1/4, HD:2/4,
    Angus(DONE!) - AC:12, HP:17/20
    Stirges 1 thru 15 - DEAD
    Stirges 16, 19, 20 & 22 - ESCAPED WITH A FULL TUMMY
    Stirges 17 thru 32 - DEAD
    Stirge 33(I8) - AC:14, HP:2, Blood Drain
    Stirge 34(F0) - AC:14, HP:2, Blood Drain
    Stirge 35(K1) - AC:14, HP:2, Blood Drain
    Stirge 36(M11) - AC:14, HP:2, Blood Drain
    Stirge 37 - DEAD
    Dural(J6) - AC:18, HP:27/40, Spells:-/1, LoH:10/20
    Barran(N6) - AC:16, HP: 8/27, Spells:-/1,
    Salazar(L6) - AC:15, HP: 11/30, Spells: -/0/0, SP: 0,
    Philo(H6) - AC:19, HP:22/38, 3/4 Sup. Dice,


    Dart 1:
    1d20+5 21 [1d20=16]
    1d4+3 4 [1d4=1]
    Dart 2:
    1d20+5 13 [1d20=8]
    1d4 3 [1d4=3]

    am0n on
Sign In or Register to comment.