The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
[pbp] Ruins of Undermountain (D&D 5e) - ...And into the Basilisk Den!
"Undermountain? Ah, yes. Its a great place to have fun, the most famous battlefield in which one can earn a reputation as a veteran adventurer. Of course, Undermountain is also the largest known mass grave in Faerun today." - Elminster of Shadowdale.
Did anyone else have their minds blown by this map way back in the day? I did. And have loved it ever since.
Waterdeep, the City of Splendors. Greatest city in all of the Forgotten Realms. And beneath the jewel of the Realms? Undermountain. The greatest dungeon of them all. The playground of an ancient, insane wizard. Stocked with vile monsters, diabolical traps...and plenty of rewards! Incalculable wealth, of course. But also something perhaps even more valuable: Glory.
The Yawing Portal is lively tonight. A tavern made famous as being the most well known entry into Undermountain. Owned and operated by the mighty (retired) warrior Durnan. It is he who usually operates the winch over the massive well that dominates and common room of the tavern. Right now he's standing behind the bar polishing some mugs sternly looking over a common room filled with brave idiots who will part with their coin and likely their lives today. A common room that is loud and boisterous and full of patrons cheering on a brave group of adventurers daring to risk their lives plumbing the depths of the dungeons. Drinks are passed around and bar wenches are offering kisses to those who likely are about to die. Cheers and congratulations are hurled about. As well as gold changing hands as the regulars are betting on who will survive the crawl or how many adventurers will actually return.
One of the merchants stands up on his table, his tankard sloshing as he shouts, "Give us your names, adventurers! Tell who you are!!"
So, who wants to go delving?
Character Submission Guidelines
- I'm looking for 5 players to have fun with me.
- Starting at Level 3. Standard D&D 5e character creation rules plus an extra 200gp in gear to represent your previous adventures. Roll or take the average for HP past level 1.
- Stick to the core books if you please, but if there is something really cool from one of the other publications then we can talk about it.
- Be prepared for your characters to die. Undermountain is a dangerous place and I've never run a 5e game before! The setting makes it dead simple to introduce a new character every time you come back to the surface, though. So we'll figure it out. (Current players will have first right of refusal before we go to the waiting list)
- Sheets to be hosted on Mythweavers
- All characters will start the game in the Yawning Portal Inn and Tavern. It will be assumed that your characters are already comfortable enough with each other to go dungeon delving together. Whether that's because you've been adventuring together before or he seems like a good dude who she just met half an hour ago is entirely up to you.