The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[pbp] Ruins of Undermountain (D&D 5e)

16566676870

Posts

  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    edited December 4

    Geth, roll 1d20+3 for Dex ST (vs 11)
    Geth, roll 1d20+3 for Initiative

    Edit: I am lit up and stupefied, apparently.

    Dex ST (vs 11):
    1d20+3 4 [1d20=1]
    Initiative:
    1d20+3 5 [1d20=2]

    am0n on
  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    edited December 4
    Actually, this is the right time. Going to try my Inspiration to reroll that Dex ST.

    Geth, roll 1d20+3 for Initiative (Inspiration)

    Edit: That's better. Not lit up, but still slow.

    Edit2: I typed my description wrong. I did intend for that to be for the Dex ST, not Initiative.

    Initiative (Inspiration):
    1d20+3 19 [1d20=16]

    am0n on
    Steelhawk
  • Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    Geth, roll 1d20+1 for Dex save (DC11)
    Geth, roll 1d20+1 for Initiative!

    Dex save (DC11):
    1d20+1 19 [1d20=18]
    Initiative!:
    1d20+1 18 [1d20=17]

    0sgEp4R.jpg?1
    Steelhawk
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Nah. You guys got this. They're only 1/4 CR creatures! Stop rolling like shit and you'll be fine! The next encounter will probably kill you. :)

    Just waiting on @Aegis to post his save roll and initiative and you guys can go get yours!


    Stats:
    Barran (M7) - AC:16, HP: 27+5/27, Spells: -/2, HD: 2/4, INSPIRATION, FAERIE FIRE (grants ADV), Potion Count: 1
    Philo (M9) - AC:19, HP:32/38, 3/4 Sup. Dice, HD: 2/4, Cold Resistance, INSPIRATION, Potion Count: 1
    Salazar (N9) - AC:15, HP: 22/26, Spells:-/4/3, SP:4, HD:2/4, INPSIRATION, FAERIE FIRE (grants ADV), POISONED (DISADV on all Att & Ab Checks), Potion Count: 1,
    Drow 1 (G8) - AC:15, HP: 13
    Drow 2 (F10) - AC:15. HP: 13
    Drow 3 (I13) - AC:15. HP: 13
    Drow 4 (K13) - AC:15. HP: 13
    Drow 5 (Q13) - AC:15. HP: 13
    Drow 6 (S13) - AC:15. HP: 13
    Drow 7 (W11) - AC:15. HP: 13
    Drow 8 (W13) - AC:15. HP: 13
    Ay (O7) - AC:16, HP: 31+5/31, Ki: 2/4, HD: 2/4, Potion Count: 1


    Dural (M10) - AC:18, HP: 32/40, Spells:-/1, LoH:10/20, HD: 2/4, INSPIRATION, Potion Count: 1

  • AegisAegis Not Quite TorontoRegistered User regular
    Still waking up, bleurgh.

    minion, roll 1d20 for DEX Save
    minion, roll 1d20 for Initiative

    DEX Save:
    1d20 13 [1d20=13]
    Initiative:
    1d20 7 [1d20=7]

    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    Elvenshae
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    @Bursar @Mongrel Idiot @evilthecat - Have at it!

    Map:
    q5XYfQ3.png


    Stats & Initiative Order:
    Barran (M7) - AC:16, HP: 27+5/27, Spells: -/2, HD: 2/4, INSPIRATION, FAERIE FIRE (grants ADV), Potion Count: 1
    Philo (M9) - AC:19, HP:32/38, 3/4 Sup. Dice, HD: 2/4, Cold Resistance, INSPIRATION, Potion Count: 1
    Salazar (N9) - AC:15, HP: 22/26, Spells:-/4/3, SP:4, HD:2/4, INPSIRATION, FAERIE FIRE (grants ADV), POISONED (DISADV on all Att & Ab Checks), Potion Count: 1,
    Drow 1 (G8) - AC:15, HP: 13
    Drow 2 (F10) - AC:15. HP: 13
    Drow 3 (I13) - AC:15. HP: 13
    Drow 4 (K13) - AC:15. HP: 13
    Drow 5 (Q13) - AC:15. HP: 13
    Drow 6 (S13) - AC:15. HP: 13
    Drow 7 (W11) - AC:15. HP: 13
    Drow 8 (W13) - AC:15. HP: 13
    Dural (M10) - AC:18, HP: 32/40, Spells:-/1, LoH:10/20, HD: 2/4, INSPIRATION, Potion Count: 1
    Ay (O7) - AC:16, HP: 31+5/31, Ki: 2/4, HD: 2/4, Potion Count: 1

  • evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    edited December 4
    "Squads 2 through 4, ADVANCE!", shouts Salazar, and casts minor illusion to mimic numerous, plate clad footfalls coming from the hallway they just left.
    At the same time, Salazar will carefully fumble his way back to where he came from; god damn scouts can't scout worth a damn!

    actions:
    casting minor illusion
    moving to 03. if you want to halve movement due to darkness, I'll fumble my way to N6 and boop my horns against the wall.

    evilthecat on
    tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Mongrel IdiotElvenshaeSteelhawkam0n
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited December 5
    Not that you can see them, but most of the Drow warriors are startled in surprise. They were not expecting an army invading their halls, but instead just a handful of pesky adventurers!

    Nice! The two that saved will take a moment to convey to the others in Drow sign language the truth of the matter. But still, the momentary distraction and time needed to set things right puts all of the Drow at Disadvantage on their actions later this round. Also...two of them (#3 & #6?) will retreat to the east on their turn.


    Geth, roll 8#1d20 vs. Save DC 14

    vs. Save DC 14:
    8#1d20 8 # 14 [1d20=14] 8 [1d20=8] 7 [1d20=7] 19 [1d20=19] 12 [1d20=12] 13 [1d20=13] 8 [1d20=8] 13 [1d20=13]

    Steelhawk on
    am0nElvenshae
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited December 5
    Salazar, after casting his spell and trying to fool the Drow into thinking a contingent of Waterdeep's finest is coming to get them, beats feet back to the west. As soon as he pops out of the Darkness spell he notices that he is still lit up like a whatever-they-call-Christmas-in-D&D tree.

    Salazar, on his turn, will be in O3.

    But, technically....Barran and Philo go before him. So let them post their turns as if Salazar had not acted yet.

    @Bursar @Mongrel Idiot

    Steelhawk on
    Mongrel IdiotElvenshae
  • Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    Ok, thinks Philo. It's dark, and there are drow. Tables to the right, clear ground to the left. Fewer drow to the left I think, more to the right. Let's not get tangled up on the dining hall. Roll the line.

    "Break left!" he barks, hoping the drows' grasp of Common is weak. He draws steel and charges out of the darkness, shield raised in case he has to battering-ram his way through anybody. The suddenly light of the torches nearly blinds him, but he spots a drow and goes in headlong. "With me, Dural! Low count buys the round!"

    Move to H8 and attack Drow 1. If I hit, use Maneuvering Attack to grant Dural half movement.

    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Drow Pokin'!
    Geth, roll 1d8+3 for Poke Magnitude!
    Geth, roll 1d8 for Dwarf Movin'!

    Drow Pokin'!:
    1d20+5 14 [1d20=9]
    Poke Magnitude!:
    1d8+3 4 [1d8=1]
    Dwarf Movin'!:
    1d8 5 [1d8=5]

    0sgEp4R.jpg?1
    Elvenshae
  • Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    Damn, one point off. Updated stats:

    Barran (M7) - AC:16, HP: 27+5/27, Spells: -/2, HD: 2/4, INSPIRATION, FAERIE FIRE (grants ADV), Potion Count: 1
    Philo (H8) - AC:19, HP:32/38, 3/4 Sup. Dice, HD: 2/4, Cold Resistance, INSPIRATION, Potion Count: 1
    Salazar (N9) - AC:15, HP: 22/26, Spells:-/4/3, SP:4, HD:2/4, INPSIRATION, FAERIE FIRE (grants ADV), POISONED (DISADV on all Att & Ab Checks), Potion Count: 1,
    Drow 1 (G8) - AC:15, HP: 13
    Drow 2 (F10) - AC:15. HP: 13
    Drow 3 (I13) - AC:15. HP: 13
    Drow 4 (K13) - AC:15. HP: 13
    Drow 5 (Q13) - AC:15. HP: 13
    Drow 6 (S13) - AC:15. HP: 13
    Drow 7 (W11) - AC:15. HP: 13
    Drow 8 (W13) - AC:15. HP: 13
    Dural (M10) - AC:18, HP: 32/40, Spells:-/1, LoH:10/20, HD: 2/4, INSPIRATION, Potion Count: 1
    Ay (O7) - AC:16, HP: 31+5/31, Ki: 2/4, HD: 2/4, Potion Count: 1

    0sgEp4R.jpg?1
    Steelhawk
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! Registered User regular
    Barran follows the sound of Philo's shout and dives to the left, rolling and drawing his crossbow as he emerges from the cloud of unnatural darkness (as opposed to the natural darkness they'd been toiling in just a few short moments ago). He fires a bolt at the drow Philo is attempting to engage, but something is wrong with this room; everything has a strange purple haze to it. Poison gas...?

    Barran waves his arm about, trying to stir the air a bit, then notices that he is entirely limned with an eerie glowing outline, including, presumably, over his eyes. That would explain the situation.

    The drow seem surprised about something, even though this was their ambush. Maybe it has to do with what Salazar is yelling about. Regardless, standing here sparking like a midsummer candle isn't going to do anyone in the party a favor (heh, party favors-NO! Now's not the time!). Barran dives back into the darkness, hoping that the deep pitch will obscure his glow.


    Move to J9
    Attack: crossbow at Drow 1
    Move to K7
    Bonus: Hide by that table there, hoping for cover

    Geth, roll 1d20+6 for Crossbow at Drow 1
    Geth, roll 3d6+4 for piercing damage
    Geth, roll 1d20+6 for Stealth

    Crossbow at Drow 1:
    1d20+6 20 [1d20=14]
    piercing damage:
    3d6+4 16 [3d6=6, 3, 3]
    Stealth:
    1d20+6 11 [1d20=5]

    Oh my fucking god this post
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324 | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Currently RPing: Barran in the Ruins of Undermountain!
    Elvenshae
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! Registered User regular
    While the drow is engaged with Philo, the halfling's crossbow bolt catches him in the armpit, neatly piercing something vital. The dark elf drops with a moan.
    Barran (K7) - AC:16, HP: 27+5/27, Spells: -/2, HD: 2/4, INSPIRATION, FAERIE FIRE (grants ADV), Potion Count: 1
    Philo (H8) - AC:19, HP:32/38, 3/4 Sup. Dice, HD: 2/4, Cold Resistance, INSPIRATION, Potion Count: 1
    Salazar (N9) - AC:15, HP: 22/26, Spells:-/4/3, SP:4, HD:2/4, INPSIRATION, FAERIE FIRE (grants ADV), POISONED (DISADV on all Att & Ab Checks), Potion Count: 1,
    Drow 1 (G8) - AC:15, HP: DEAD
    Drow 2 (F10) - AC:15. HP: 13
    Drow 3 (I13) - AC:15. HP: 13
    Drow 4 (K13) - AC:15. HP: 13
    Drow 5 (Q13) - AC:15. HP: 13
    Drow 6 (S13) - AC:15. HP: 13
    Drow 7 (W11) - AC:15. HP: 13
    Drow 8 (W13) - AC:15. HP: 13
    Dural (M10) - AC:18, HP: 32/40, Spells:-/1, LoH:10/20, HD: 2/4, INSPIRATION, Potion Count: 1
    Ay (O7) - AC:16, HP: 31+5/31, Ki: 2/4, HD: 2/4, Potion Count: 1

    @Steelhawk for some elf-service.

    Oh my fucking god this post
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324 | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Currently RPing: Barran in the Ruins of Undermountain!
    Mongrel IdiotSteelhawkElvenshae
  • Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    As the Drow parries Philo's blow a bolt zips past the soldier's head, tussling his hair and neatly murdering the dark elf. Glancing back, Philo sees a pair of boots scurry back into the darkness. A little close for comfort, Barran, he thinks, but thanks, nonetheless...

    0sgEp4R.jpg?1
    SteelhawkElvenshae
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited December 6
    As the first Drow warrior drops, Philo checks for strands of his own hair fluttering to the floor and Salazar notices that he's no longer suffused in eerie purplish light! Another poisoned crossbow bolt comes flying at Philo as the other Drow closeby strafes across his field of vision, taking a shot at the warrior just before it disappears around the corner. The nasty bolt pangs off of Philo's armor with no effect.

    The other flit about the room, their actions concealed by the darkness spell and their natural inclination towards Stealth


    Dang it. Drow #1 going down means that the Faerie Fire spell drops too.

    Drow #2 - Fires another bolt at Philo and then moves west to F6
    Drow #3 - Flees through the door to the east
    Drow #4 - Stays put and readies an action to cast Faerie Fire at anyone who comes out of the Darkness
    Drow #5 - Moves to Half Cover behind the Table at R10 and readies an action to shoot at anyone who comes out of the Darkness
    Drow #6 - Flees through the other door to the east
    Drow #7 - Moves to P13 and readies an action to shoot at anyone coming out of the Darkness
    Drow #8 - Moves to Half Cover behind the Table at V9 and readies an action to shoot at anyone coming out of the Darkness

    Geth, roll 1d20+4 vs Philo
    Geth, roll 1d6+2 damage plus Poison (CON13 Save)

    Map:xUUbNnm.png

    Stats:
    Barran (K7) - AC:16, HP: 27+5/27, Spells: -/2, HD: 2/4, INSPIRATION, FAERIE FIRE (grants ADV), Potion Count: 1
    Philo (H8) - AC:19, HP:32/38, 3/4 Sup. Dice, HD: 2/4, Cold Resistance, INSPIRATION, Potion Count: 1
    Salazar (O3) - AC:15, HP: 22/26, Spells:-/4/3, SP:4, HD:2/4, INPSIRATION, POISONED (DISADV on all Att & Ab Checks), Potion Count: 1,
    Drow 1 (G8) - AC:15, HP: DEAD
    Drow 2 (F6) - AC:15. HP: 13
    Drow 3 (I13) - AC:15. HP: 13 - FLED
    Drow 4 (K13) - AC:15. HP: 13, READIED ACTION (Fairie Fire)
    Drow 5 (R10) - AC:15. HP: 13, READIED ACTION (Shoot someone)
    Drow 6 (S13) - AC:15. HP: 13 -FLED
    Drow 7 (P13) - AC:15. HP: 13, READIED ACTION (Shoot someone)
    Drow 8 (V9) - AC:15. HP: 13, READIED ACTION (Shoot someone)
    Dural (M10) - AC:18, HP: 32/40, Spells:-/1, LoH:10/20, HD: 2/4, INSPIRATION, Potion Count: 1
    Ay (O7) - AC:16, HP: 31+5/31, Ki: 2/4, HD: 2/4, Potion Count: 1

    @Aegis & @am0n - you two are up! Then back to the top again with Barran!

    vs Philo:
    1d20+4 13 [1d20=9]
    damage plus Poison (CON13 Save):
    1d6+2 6 [1d6=4]

    Steelhawk on
    Elvenshae
  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    Ay probably gon' die.

    Hearing Salazar and Philo shouting, Ay moves. A bit confused by the sudden darkness, he's not sure which left Philo was talking about and ends up exiting the black cloud to the south. As he leaves the cloud he sees three Drow, all with crossbows aimed his way. He thinks fast and moves faster as bolts fly by.

    This is probably a multi-post turn as I need @Steelhawk to perform his reactions and maybe then react to his reactions! Ay is exiting the cloud at Q8. Not sure if that triggers all 4 reactions (Faerie Fire and 3 bolts) or just the 3 bolts. Does the table give me Half Cover against Drow 7?

    Did we ever decide if Reactions reset on a PER ROUND basis (i.e. the top of the order) or a PER CHARACTER TURN basis (i.e. you don't get a new reaction until the start of your next turn)? May be relevant for me in this encounter.

    I'll move to S9 to attack Drow 5. I think from that position he doesn't have Cover against my attack.

    Move: Exit Darkness at Q8, Move to S9 (20 feet total movement)
    Action: Attack Drow 5.
    Bonus: TBD

    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for QStaff Attack
    Geth, roll 1d8+3

    @Steelhawk I'll finish my turn when you respond.

    Barran (K7) - AC:16, HP: 27+5/27, Spells: -/2, HD: 2/4, INSPIRATION, FAERIE FIRE (grants ADV), Potion Count: 1
    Philo (H8) - AC:19, HP:32/38, 3/4 Sup. Dice, HD: 2/4, Cold Resistance, INSPIRATION, Potion Count: 1
    Salazar (O3) - AC:15, HP: 22/26, Spells:-/4/3, SP:4, HD:2/4, INPSIRATION, POISONED (DISADV on all Att & Ab Checks), Potion Count: 1,
    Drow 1 (G8) - AC:15, HP: DEAD
    Drow 2 (F6) - AC:15. HP: 13
    Drow 3 (I13) - AC:15. HP: 13 - FLED
    Drow 4 (K13) - AC:15. HP: 13, READIED ACTION (Fairie Fire)
    Drow 5 (R10) - AC:15. HP: 13, READIED ACTION (Shoot someone)
    Drow 6 (S13) - AC:15. HP: 13 -FLED
    Drow 7 (P13) - AC:15. HP: 13, READIED ACTION (Shoot someone)
    Drow 8 (V9) - AC:15. HP: 13, READIED ACTION (Shoot someone)
    Dural (M10) - AC:18, HP: 32/40, Spells:-/1, LoH:10/20, HD: 2/4, INSPIRATION, Potion Count: 1
    Ay (S9) - AC:16, HP: 31+5/31, Ki: 2/4, HD: 2/4, Potion Count: 1 - TURN STILL IN PROGRESS

    QStaff Attack:
    1d20+5 12 [1d20=7]
    1d8+3 10 [1d8=7]

  • evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    Re: Reactions.

    "When you take a reaction, you can’t take another one until the start of your next turn. If the reaction interrupts another creature’s turn, that creature can continue its turn right after the reaction."

    tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Steelhawk
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    I'd love to respond, but I kinda need to know what @Aegis is doing too since Dural acts before Ay does and might soak up some of these readied actions that may or may not kill you.

    Am I too nice? I think I'm being too nice... :)

  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    I think you are being too nice, if that's worth anything.

    Steelhawk
  • AegisAegis Not Quite TorontoRegistered User regular
    I'm assuming magical darkness doesn't let Darkvision pierce it?

    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    No, it does not. Unless you have some magical light more powerful than the magical darkness you are hosed.

  • AegisAegis Not Quite TorontoRegistered User regular
    minion, roll 1d3 for Direction

    Direction:
    1d3 1 [1d3=1]

    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • AegisAegis Not Quite TorontoRegistered User regular
    Dural isn't entirely sure what all these commands are being yelled for, but when Philo asks for his assistance, he can at least understand that so he chooses that to focus on. Until the cloud of darkness falls and he can't quite remember exactly where Philo went off to.

    "Gonna do my best t'follow ye through this blasted darkness," the dwarf yells, charging out of the darkness...away from Philo and towards the Drow positioned on the eastern wall. On the positive side, though, Dural was already mid-swing, even if he was nowhere near the hardened fighter, striking out with a hammer blow and following it up with a quick shove of his shield.

    Move: to L12.
    Action: Attack Drow #4.
    Bonus: Shove Drow #4 (Knock Prone). Opposed by Athletics/Acrobatics.

    minion, roll 1d20+5 for Attack
    minion, roll 1d8+3 for Damage
    minion, roll 1d20+4 for Shove (Knock Prone)

    Attack:
    1d20+5 8 [1d20=3]
    Damage:
    1d8+3 6 [1d8=3]
    Shove (Knock Prone):
    1d20+4 15 [1d20=11]

    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited December 7
    As both Dural and Ay burst forth from the magical zone of darkness they are met by a hail of crossbow bolts and magical attacks.


    Drow #4 casts Faerie Fire at Dural. Dural needs to make a DC 11 Dex save to avoid being lit up
    Drow #5 fires at Ay
    Drow #7 fires at Dural
    Drow #8 fires at Ay

    Geth, roll 1d20+4 vs. Ay
    Geth, roll 1d6+2 damage plus DC13 Con save vs. Poison
    Geth, roll 1d20+4 vs. Dural
    Geth, roll 1d6+2 damage plus DC13 Con save vs. Poison
    Geth, roll 1d20+4 vs. Ay
    Geth, roll 1d6+2 damage plus DC13 Con save vs. Poison

    vs. Ay:
    1d20+4 9 [1d20=5]
    damage plus DC13 Con save vs. Poison:
    1d6+2 6 [1d6=4]
    vs. Dural:
    1d20+4 13 [1d20=9]
    damage plus DC13 Con save vs. Poison:
    1d6+2 7 [1d6=5]
    vs. Ay:
    1d20+4 13 [1d20=9]
    damage plus DC13 Con save vs. Poison:
    1d6+2 6 [1d6=4]

    Steelhawk on
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited December 7
    All of the bolts miss their targets as the plucky adventurers charge out. Dural's hammer swipe misses its mark, but he still follows up with a shield bash and sends the lithe dark elf reeling and flat into his ass!

    Ay speeds out of the darkness, ducking under a pair of bolts as he comes around and swings his staff at his foe. His swing misses but...something else happens?


    Geth, roll 1d20+2 for Drow #4 Acrobatics check to avoid bashing

    Stats:
    Barran (K7) - AC:16, HP: 27+5/27, Spells: -/2, HD: 2/4, INSPIRATION, FAERIE FIRE (grants ADV), Potion Count: 1
    Philo (H8) - AC:19, HP:32/38, 3/4 Sup. Dice, HD: 2/4, Cold Resistance, INSPIRATION, Potion Count: 1
    Salazar (O3) - AC:15, HP: 22/26, Spells:-/4/3, SP:4, HD:2/4, INPSIRATION, POISONED (DISADV on all Att & Ab Checks), Potion Count: 1,
    Drow 1 (G8) - AC:15, HP: DEAD
    Drow 2 (F6) - AC:15. HP: 13
    Drow 3 (I13) - AC:15. HP: 13 - FLED
    Drow 4 (K13) - AC:15. HP: 13, PRONE
    Drow 5 (R10) - AC:15. HP: 13,
    Drow 6 (S13) - AC:15. HP: 13 -FLED
    Drow 7 (P13) - AC:15. HP: 13,
    Drow 8 (V9) - AC:15. HP: 13,
    Dural (L12) - AC:18, HP: 32/40, Spells:-/1, LoH:10/20, HD: 2/4, INSPIRATION, Potion Count: 1
    Ay (S9) - AC:16, HP: 31+5/31, Ki: 2/4, HD: 2/4, Potion Count: 1 - TURN STILL IN PROGRESS


    Drow #4 Acrobatics check to avoid bashing:
    1d20+2 5 [1d20=3]

    Steelhawk on
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    @am0n to finish his turn, and then @Bursar is up!

  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    Ay managed to dodge the volley of bolts headed his way, but doing so made connecting with his own attack too difficult. Once the bolts were passed, though, Ay moves around and follows up.


    Move: R11. Don't provoke because I don't leave engaged. (10 more feet used, 30 feet total)
    Bonus: Flurry. Attempts to knock prone (DC13 Dex ST) on hits. If both attacks hit and the first one knocks prone, use second hit to attempt to knock back to S8 (DC13 Str ST).
    Move: If Knockback occurs, move to R9 to re-engage Drow.

    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Flurry 1 Attack
    Geth, roll 1d4+3
    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Flurry 2 Attack
    Geth, roll 1d4+3

    Flurry 1 Attack:
    1d20+5 25 [1d20=20]
    1d4+3 4 [1d4=1]
    Flurry 2 Attack:
    1d20+5 12 [1d20=7]
    1d4+3 6 [1d4=3]

  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    Oh, boy. Crit. And first one hits. Let's see how much more interesting it makes the turn.

    Geth, roll 1d4 for Critical Damage
    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Flurry 2 Potential Advantage

    Critical Damage:
    1d4 1 [1d4=1]
    Flurry 2 Potential Advantage:
    1d20+5 19 [1d20=14]

  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    Okay, so he's taken 5 damage so far. @Steelhawk He needs to make a DC13 Dex ST. If he fails, he was knocked prone between Flurry 1 and Flurry 2, and so Flurry 2 had Advantage and would connect (second roll was a 19) and he'd take a total of 11 damage (5 from first, 6 more if he was knocked prone). Also, if he fails and is Prone, then he also needs a DC13 Str ST to avoid being pushed back by me.

    Once you make the rolls I can clean up the Stats block.

  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited December 7

    Geth, roll 1d20+2 for DEX save 1
    Beth, roll 1d20+2 for SEX save 2

    DEX save 1:
    1d20+2 21 [1d20=19]

    Steelhawk on
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited December 7

    Stupid phone. I don't know anyone named Beth!

    Geth, roll 1d20+2 for DEX save 2


    DEX save 2:
    1d20+2 5 [1d20=3]

    Steelhawk on
    Aegis
  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    Second was a Str ST, but since he succeeded at the first (Damn elves...), then none of the rest occurred.

    Updated Stat Block
    Barran (K7) - AC:16, HP: 27+5/27, Spells: -/2, HD: 2/4, INSPIRATION, FAERIE FIRE (grants ADV), Potion Count: 1
    Philo (H8) - AC:19, HP:32/38, 3/4 Sup. Dice, HD: 2/4, Cold Resistance, INSPIRATION, Potion Count: 1
    Salazar (O3) - AC:15, HP: 22/26, Spells:-/4/3, SP:4, HD:2/4, INPSIRATION, POISONED (DISADV on all Att & Ab Checks), Potion Count: 1,
    Drow 1 (G8) - AC:15, HP: DEAD
    Drow 2 (F6) - AC:15. HP: 13
    Drow 3 (I13) - AC:15. HP: 13 - FLED
    Drow 4 (K13) - AC:15. HP: 13, PRONE
    Drow 5 (R10) - AC:15. HP: 8,
    Drow 6 (S13) - AC:15. HP: 13 -FLED
    Drow 7 (P13) - AC:15. HP: 13,
    Drow 8 (V9) - AC:15. HP: 13,
    Dural (L12) - AC:18, HP: 32/40, Spells:-/1, LoH:10/20, HD: 2/4, INSPIRATION, Potion Count: 1
    Ay (R11) - AC:16, HP: 31+5/31, Ki: 1/4, HD: 2/4, Potion Count: 1


    @Bursar

  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Oh...and I still need @Aegis to make a DEX save vs. 11 for Dural to avoid the Faerie Fire spell

  • AegisAegis Not Quite TorontoRegistered User regular
    With the dark elf having been toppled to the ground, Dural is able to quickly assess the rest of the nearby enemies, on account of the fact that he can now see again, and quickly tosses his shield up in front of him to guard against one of the dark elves wiggling his fingers at him menacingly. Nothing good comes of wiggly fingers.

    I can add my Shield's AC bonus to DEX saves from spells/effects that target me and only me. Hooray this is the first time this has come up this campaign.

    minion, roll 1d20+2 for DEX Save

    DEX Save:
    1d20+2 14 [1d20=12]

    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    Steelhawkam0nElvenshae
  • see317see317 Taco Count 2017: 61 Registered User regular
    Steelhawk wrote: »

    &eth, roll 1d20+2 for DEX save 1
    Beth, roll 1d20+2 for SEX save 2
    Steelhawk wrote: »

    Stupid phone. I don't know anyone named Beth!
    &eth, roll 1d20+2 for DEX save 2

    I'm pretty sure Drow get more than a +2 bonus for their sex saves as well.
    That may just be a house rule though.


    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
    SteelhawkElvenshae
  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    edited December 7
    see317 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure Drow get more than a +2 bonus for their sex saves as well.

    Steelhawk claims to not know a Beth. I'm not so sure...

    am0n on
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited December 7
    am0n wrote: »
    see317 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure Drow get more than a +2 bonus for their sex saves as well.

    Steelhawk claims to not know a Beth. I'm not so sure...

    That's not her real name, anyway... :winky:

    Edit: Gah! That was lazy joke. I am ashamed.

    Steelhawk on
    am0nElvenshae
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! Registered User regular
    Barran screws up his courage and ventures through the Darkness once more, trying to spot some more unsuspecting targets he could get the jump on. Unfortunately, none of the Drow he can see are engaged in hand-to-hand combat, but one is flat on his back next to Dural while another is nearby. From the sounds of things, Ay is up to something painful on the other side of the inky void, but that's a hard shot.

    Well, might as well have a go at the one who isn't otherwise distracted, in case it's the one who's keeping Barran glowing!

    Move to K11 (20 ft)
    Attack Drow 7
    Move to L10 (5 ft)

    Geth, roll 1d20+6 for Crossbow to Drow7
    Geth, roll 1d6+4 for damage

    And on to @Mongrel Idiot!


    Crossbow to Drow7:
    1d20+6 11 [1d20=5]
    damage:
    1d6+4 6 [1d6=2]

    Oh my fucking god this post
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324 | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Currently RPing: Barran in the Ruins of Undermountain!
  • Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    Rounding the corner, Philo attacks the retreating Drow, hoping to keep him from escaping and sounding more alarms than have already been sounded.

    Move to F7 and attack Drow 2. If I drop him, move back to where I started.

    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Stab!
    Geth, roll 1d8+3 for Stab! Stab!

    Stab!:
    1d20+5 14 [1d20=9]
    Stab! Stab!:
    1d8+3 6 [1d8=3]

    0sgEp4R.jpg?1
  • Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    Dang it!
    Stats:
    Barran (F7) - AC:16, HP: 27+5/27, Spells: -/2, HD: 2/4, INSPIRATION, FAERIE FIRE (grants ADV), Potion Count: 1
    Philo (H8) - AC:19, HP:32/38, 3/4 Sup. Dice, HD: 2/4, Cold Resistance, INSPIRATION, Potion Count: 1
    Salazar (O3) - AC:15, HP: 22/26, Spells:-/4/3, SP:4, HD:2/4, INPSIRATION, POISONED (DISADV on all Att & Ab Checks), Potion Count: 1,
    Drow 1 (G8) - AC:15, HP: DEAD
    Drow 2 (F6) - AC:15. HP: 13
    Drow 3 (I13) - AC:15. HP: 13 - FLED
    Drow 4 (K13) - AC:15. HP: 13, PRONE
    Drow 5 (R10) - AC:15. HP: 8,
    Drow 6 (S13) - AC:15. HP: 13 -FLED
    Drow 7 (P13) - AC:15. HP: 13,
    Drow 8 (V9) - AC:15. HP: 13,
    Dural (L12) - AC:18, HP: 32/40, Spells:-/1, LoH:10/20, HD: 2/4, INSPIRATION, Potion Count: 1
    Ay (R11) - AC:16, HP: 31+5/31, Ki: 1/4, HD: 2/4, Potion Count: 1

    0sgEp4R.jpg?1
    Steelhawk
Sign In or Register to comment.