Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[pbp] Ruins of Undermountain (D&D 5e) - ADVENTURE OVER!!! Thanks for Playing!

17677787981

Posts

  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited February 8
    Where was this suggestion a few days ago!!!???!!!

    2361165-nes_battletoads.jpg

    Steelhawk on
    ElvenshaeAegisMongrel Idiotam0n
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! Registered User regular
    edited February 8
    I, too, am curious to see if I can get into the halls of the 1%-ers by whiffing five consecutive rolls in a row with a 40% chance of missing each time.

    Barran looks over his bowstring. He inspects the windlass. He checks the trigger assembly. He peruses the barrel. Finally, after all this, he thinks to cast an eye over the quarrels themselves, and finds the issue. These Drow bolts, being manufactured by a subterranean race, have no access to birds' feathers, and so the fletching is made out of what appears to be either tiny bats' wings... or maybe these are very large moth antennae? In any case, they're easily fouled by their passage down the groove of his more common armament.

    Barran realizes that his fantastic shots during the opening engagements with Zarr and her coterie must have been more luck than skill, considering the technical failures inherent in using unfamiliar and possibly incompatible weaponry. With a sigh, he puts the poison bolts aside in this quiver and reaches for more mundane ammunition, hoping that this time his shots will strike true.


    Action: Attack with advantage from being hidden
    Move: Move 5 ft to D12 to get line of sight
    Bonus: Hide (cunning action)

    Geth, roll 2d20k1+6 for Crossbow attack
    Geth, roll 3d6+4 for Piercing Sneak damage
    Geth, roll 1d20+6 for Stealth

    Crossbow attack:
    2d20k1+6 24 [2d20k1=[18], 4]
    Piercing Sneak damage:
    3d6+4 15 [3d6=5, 3, 3]
    Stealth:
    1d20+6 24 [1d20=18]

    Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324 | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    ElvenshaeMongrel IdiotSteelhawkam0n
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! Registered User regular
    edited February 8
    Edit: Barran would have to edge over to D12 to get a line of sight on the Slaad, so that's what he'll do.
    Barran (D12) - AC:16, HP: 27+5/27, Spells: -/0, HD: 2/4, H.Pots: 2, HIDDEN?
    Philo (I8) - AC:19, HP:34/38, 0/4 Sup. Dice, HD: 0/4, Cold Resistance, H.Pots: 1&1G
    Ay (J7) - AC:16, HP: 29+1/31, Ki: 0/4, HD: 2/4, H.Pots: 2
    Slaad (G7-IH8) - AC: 14, HP: 36, Damage Resistances (acid, cold, fire, lightning, thunder), Magic Resistance, Multiattack, Regeneration
    Dural (J6) - AC:18, HP: 40+5/40, Spells:-/1, LoH:5/20, HD: 0/4, INSPIRATION, H.Pots: 1&1G
    Salazar (I5) - AC:16, HP: 13/30, Spells:-/1/2, SP: 0, HD:0/4, BARKSKINNED, H.Pots: 2

    Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324 | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! Registered User regular
    @Steelhawk to confirm the damage, @Mongrel Idiot for Philo's turn!

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324 | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Steelhawk
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Philo couldn't wait and took his swing before you, actually. So it is up to @am0n now...

  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    Stab me a Slaad, and save my reaction for Protection if need be.

    Anyone else read this as "Stab me a Salad?"

    ElvenshaeMongrel Idiot
  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    edited February 8
    Watching Barran strike true, Ay unleashes attacks on the creature. However, the reeling of the creature makes it difficult to connect... that, or Ay has inherited Barran's luck.

    Action: Staff
    Bonus: Fist

    Edit: Solid damage. Shame they both missed with margin.

    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Staff
    Geth, roll 1d8+3
    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Fist
    Geth, roll 1d4+3

    Staff:
    1d20+5 7 [1d20=2]
    1d8+3 8 [1d8=5]
    Fist:
    1d20+5 8 [1d20=3]
    1d4+3 7 [1d4=4]

    am0n on
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited February 8
    Frustrated at the team efforts displayed by this party, the Slaad lashes out at the stubby dwarf who's blasted shield keeps getting in the way, hoping to take him out of the picture. She also casts her eyes about, trying to find the source of those damned crossbow bolts, but to no avail.

    The tough dwarf manages to avoid the vile claws, but does take a chomp on his shield arm.


    Slaad regenerates 10hp

    Geth, roll 1d20+1 for Perception to find Barran

    Geth, roll 1d20+6 for bite vs Dural
    Geth, roll 2#1d20+6 for Claws vs Dural
    Geth, roll 2d4+3 bite damage
    Geth, roll 2#1d8+3 Claw damage

    @Aegis is up and needs to potentially make two DC14 Con saves - no, he doesn't.


    Barran (D12) - AC:16, HP: 27+5/27, Spells: -/0, HD: 2/4, H.Pots: 2, HIDDEN?
    Philo (I8) - AC:19, HP:34/38, 0/4 Sup. Dice, HD: 0/4, Cold Resistance, H.Pots: 1&1G
    Ay (J7) - AC:16, HP: 29+1/31, Ki: 0/4, HD: 2/4, H.Pots: 2
    Slaad (G7-IH8) - AC: 14, HP: 46, Damage Resistances (acid, cold, fire, lightning, thunder), Magic Resistance, Multiattack, Regeneration
    Dural (J6) - AC:18, HP: 40/40, Spells:-/1, LoH:5/20, HD: 0/4, INSPIRATION, H.Pots: 1&1G
    Salazar (I5) - AC:16, HP: 13/30, Spells:-/1/2, SP: 0, HD:0/4, BARKSKINNED, H.Pots: 2

    Perception to find Barran:
    1d20+1 18 [1d20=17]
    bite vs Dural:
    1d20+6 23 [1d20=17]
    Claws vs Dural:
    2#1d20+6 2 # 15 [1d20=9] 7 [1d20=1]
    bite damage:
    2d4+3 5 [2d4=1, 1]
    Claw damage:
    2#1d8+3 2 # 8 [1d8=5] 7 [1d8=4]

    Steelhawk on
  • Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    edited February 8
    Steelhawk wrote: »
    Philo couldn't wait and took his swing before you, actually. So it is up to @am0n now...

    I just get so excited to bop an interdimensional frog monster on the noggin. :)

    Mongrel Idiot on
    0sgEp4R.jpg?1
    Elvenshae
  • AegisAegis Not Quite TorontoRegistered User regular
    The Dwarf raises his hammer quickly in the air as the trio of crossbow bolts slam into the Slaad, cheering on Barran from wherever he's currently hiding from, Dural's a bit preoccupied to exactly pinpoint that at the current moment. Fimbul having saved him from raking claws, Dural smashes back with yet another hammer swing and shield bash, content at trading blows with a creature he is getting more and more irate at given the rapid reformation of skin and bone from wherever it ends up being struck.

    Attack: Attack him!
    Bonus Action: Knock Prone, stay down this time!
    Reaction: Fighting Style Protection readied.

    minion, roll 1d20+5 for Attack
    minion, roll 1d8+3 for Damage
    minion, roll 1d20+4 for Strength (Athletics)

    Attack:
    1d20+5 18 [1d20=13]
    Damage:
    1d8+3 8 [1d8=5]
    Strength (Athletics):
    1d20+4 16 [1d20=12]

    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited February 9
    The Slaad once again keeps to its feet despite Dural's best efforts.

    @evilthecat to close out the round!

    Geth, roll 1d20+3 for STR vs prone

    STR vs prone:
    1d20+3 21 [1d20=18]

    Steelhawk on
  • evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    Sal will disengage and move to M8! quietly.

    tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    ROUND 4!

    @Bursar @Mongrel Idiot @am0n - You three are up!

    Map:
    LYOmlEs.png

    Stats:
    Barran (D12) - AC:16, HP: 27+5/27, Spells: -/0, HD: 2/4, H.Pots: 2, HIDDEN?
    Philo (I8) - AC:19, HP:34/38, 0/4 Sup. Dice, HD: 0/4, Cold Resistance, H.Pots: 1&1G
    Ay (J7) - AC:16, HP: 29+1/31, Ki: 0/4, HD: 2/4, H.Pots: 2
    Slaad (G7-IH8) - AC: 14, HP: 38, Damage Resistances (acid, cold, fire, lightning, thunder), Magic Resistance, Multiattack, Regeneration
    Dural (J6) - AC:18, HP: 40/40, Spells:-/1, LoH:5/20, HD: 0/4, INSPIRATION, H.Pots: 1&1G
    Salazar (M8) - AC:16, HP: 13/30, Spells:-/1/2, SP: 0, HD:0/4, BARKSKINNED, H.Pots: 2

    Elvenshae
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! Registered User regular
    The Slaad spins around, searching for the source of the annoying stings. Barran fires again and repositions, thinking that his current hiding spot won't be useful for much longer and that he'll have to find another area to hide in after this.


    Action: attack!
    Move to B10 (15ft)
    Bonus: Hide (cunning action)

    Geth, roll 2d20k1+6 for Crossbow with Advantage!
    Geth, roll 3d6+4 for Piercing damage
    Geth, roll 1d20+6 for Stealth

    Crossbow with Advantage!:
    2d20k1+6 13 [2d20k1=[7], 5]
    Piercing damage:
    3d6+4 14 [3d6=2, 3, 5]
    Stealth:
    1d20+6 9 [1d20=3]

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324 | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! Registered User regular
    The bolt quite fails to connect.

    Oh, my.
    Barran (B10) - AC:16, HP: 27+5/27, Spells: -/0, HD: 2/4, H.Pots: 2, POORLY HIDDEN
    Philo (I8) - AC:19, HP:34/38, 0/4 Sup. Dice, HD: 0/4, Cold Resistance, H.Pots: 1&1G
    Ay (J7) - AC:16, HP: 29+1/31, Ki: 0/4, HD: 2/4, H.Pots: 2
    Slaad (G7-IH8) - AC: 14, HP: 38, Damage Resistances (acid, cold, fire, lightning, thunder), Magic Resistance, Multiattack, Regeneration
    Dural (J6) - AC:18, HP: 40/40, Spells:-/1, LoH:5/20, HD: 0/4, INSPIRATION, H.Pots: 1&1G
    Salazar (M8) - AC:16, HP: 13/30, Spells:-/1/2, SP: 0, HD:0/4, BARKSKINNED, H.Pots: 2

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324 | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
  • evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    I kinda wanna feed Barran to the Slaad ... ;)

    tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! Registered User regular
    He might just pitch himself into the thing's mouth out of sheer embarrassment, the way things are going.
    He'd probably miss

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324 | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    ElvenshaeSteelhawkAegisam0n
  • Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    gonna roll quick to see if Philo notices that Barren isn't hidden.
    Geth, roll 1d20 for Spot That Halfling!

    Spot That Halfling!:
    1d20 4 [1d20=4]

    0sgEp4R.jpg?1
  • Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    edited February 10
    Focusing on the Slaad, Philo puts his back into it and attempts to drive home his sword in the soft spot under the creature's arm.

    Attack the Slaad and stand ready to protect allies.

    Edit: New stats.
    Barran (B10) - AC:16, HP: 27+5/27, Spells: -/0, HD: 2/4, H.Pots: 2, POORLY HIDDEN
    Philo (I8) - AC:19, HP:34/38, 0/4 Sup. Dice, HD: 0/4, Cold Resistance, H.Pots: 1&1G
    Ay (J7) - AC:16, HP: 29+1/31, Ki: 0/4, HD: 2/4, H.Pots: 2
    Slaad (G7-IH8) - AC: 14, HP: 33, Damage Resistances (acid, cold, fire, lightning, thunder), Magic Resistance, Multiattack, Regeneration
    Dural (J6) - AC:18, HP: 40/40, Spells:-/1, LoH:5/20, HD: 0/4, INSPIRATION, H.Pots: 1&1G
    Salazar (M8) - AC:16, HP: 13/30, Spells:-/1/2, SP: 0, HD:0/4, BARKSKINNED, H.Pots: 2

    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for A Mighty Blow
    Geth, roll 1d8+3 for How Mighty!

    A Mighty Blow:
    1d20+5 22 [1d20=17]
    How Mighty!:
    1d8+3 5 [1d8=2]

    Mongrel Idiot on
    0sgEp4R.jpg?1
  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    edited February 12
    Watching the tiefling hobble away, Ay continues his assault. He also notices an outline of the Slaad in bolts on the wall behind the creature.

    Move: Knope
    Action: Attack.
    Bonus: Attack, I say.

    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for A Swing
    Geth, roll 1d8+3
    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for And A
    Geth, roll 1d4+3

    Stats:
    Barran (B10) - AC:16, HP: 27+5/27, Spells: -/0, HD: 2/4, H.Pots: 2, POORLY HIDDEN
    Philo (I8) - AC:19, HP:34/38, 0/4 Sup. Dice, HD: 0/4, Cold Resistance, H.Pots: 1&1G
    Ay (J7) - AC:16, HP: 29+1/31, Ki: 0/4, HD: 2/4, H.Pots: 2
    Slaad (G7-IH8) - AC: 14, HP: 28, Damage Resistances (acid, cold, fire, lightning, thunder), Magic Resistance, Multiattack, Regeneration
    Dural (J6) - AC:18, HP: 40/40, Spells:-/1, LoH:5/20, HD: 0/4, INSPIRATION, H.Pots: 1&1G
    Salazar (M8) - AC:16, HP: 13/30, Spells:-/1/2, SP: 0, HD:0/4, BARKSKINNED, H.Pots: 2

    @Steelhawk

    A Swing:
    1d20+5 13 [1d20=8]
    1d8+3 8 [1d8=5]
    And A:
    1d20+5 25 [1d20=20]
    1d4+3 4 [1d4=1]

    am0n on
  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    Bah on the first miss, but yay on the crit. Here's to another 1 damage I am going to get on this d4...

    Geth, roll 1d4 for Crit

    Crit:
    1d4 1 [1d4=1]

    Elvenshae
  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    Not editing the last post because "Called it."

    Elvenshae
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited February 12
    With a roar of anger and maybe a bit of glee, the Slaad finally sees her Halfling tormenter. She darts off, recklessly leaving behind her other three assailants to vent her frustrations against something smaller and (hopefully) squishier. The Slaad clamps down on Barran's crossbow arm with her teeth and rakes her lubricated claws across his belly.


    Slaad regenerates 10hp

    Barran's stealth does not beat the Slaads passive perception of 11
    Moves to C8
    Geth, roll 1d20+6 for Bite vs Barran
    Geth, roll 2d4+3
    Geth, roll 2#1d20+6 for Claws vs Barran
    Geth, roll 2#1d8+3 for Claw Damage

    @Bursar to make one DC14 CON Saves from the claw hit
    @Mongrel Idiot @am0n - Can take opportunity attacks (Question that I'm not going to fuss over: If your reaction has already been declared (say, Protection), can you then swap it for an Opporunity attack? I don't see why not, but am unaware of any RAW about it)
    @Aegis for his opportunity attack and then his turn


    Stats:
    Barran (B10) - AC:16, HP: 13/27, Spells: -/0, HD: 2/4, H.Pots: 2
    Philo (I8) - AC:19, HP:34/38, 0/4 Sup. Dice, HD: 0/4, Cold Resistance, H.Pots: 1&1G
    Ay (J7) - AC:16, HP: 29+1/31, Ki: 0/4, HD: 2/4, H.Pots: 2
    Slaad (C8-D9) - AC: 14, HP: 38, Damage Resistances (acid, cold, fire, lightning, thunder), Magic Resistance, Multiattack, Regeneration
    Dural (J6) - AC:18, HP: 40/40, Spells:-/1, LoH:5/20, HD: 0/4, INSPIRATION, H.Pots: 1&1G
    Salazar (M8) - AC:16, HP: 13/30, Spells:-/1/2, SP: 0, HD:0/4, BARKSKINNED, H.Pots: 2

    Bite vs Barran:
    1d20+6 16 [1d20=10]
    2d4+3 10 [2d4=4, 3]
    Claws vs Barran:
    2#1d20+6 2 # 7 [1d20=1] 25 [1d20=19]
    Claw Damage:
    2#1d8+3 2 # 6 [1d8=3] 9 [1d8=6]

    Steelhawk on
  • Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    edited February 12
    I don't think you actually declare a reaction ahead of time; you just have 1 per round, and use it whenever the opportunity arises. I've been declaring mine so that if I'm not online when somebody next to me gets attacked we don't have to wait for me to chime in to use it.

    Seeing the Slaad spring for Barran, Philo desperately slashes across its flanks, hoping to down the creature before it... does whatever it tried to do to him, to the halfling.

    Edit: No, self, a longsword does not DO a d20 in damage. Coffee clearly hasn't kicked in yet.
    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Attack of Opportunity
    Geth, roll 1d20+3 for Damage of Opportunity

    Attack of Opportunity:
    1d20+5 9 [1d20=4]
    Damage of Opportunity:
    1d20+3 16 [1d20=13]

    Mongrel Idiot on
    0sgEp4R.jpg?1
    SteelhawkElvenshaeam0nAegis
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! Registered User regular
    edited February 12
    Geth, roll 1d20+1 for I'm too young to be an incubator

    Edit:
    maxresdefault.jpg

    I'm too young to be an incubator:
    1d20+1 5 [1d20=4]

    Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324 | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Elvenshae
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Barran has a terrible feeling, as if something has been left behind in the wake of the Slaad's assault.

    Barran is now DISEASED. With no I'll effects at the moment.

    ElvenshaeMongrel Idiot
  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    edited February 12
    @Bursar Throw out your dice and buy new ones.

    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for OA
    Geth, roll 1d8+3

    Also, @Mongrel Idiot has it right about Reactions.

    Edit: That makes up for the last turn a bit.

    Stats:
    Barran (B10) - AC:16, HP: 13/27, Spells: -/0, HD: 2/4, H.Pots: 2, DISEASED
    Philo (I8) - AC:19, HP:34/38, 0/4 Sup. Dice, HD: 0/4, Cold Resistance, H.Pots: 1&1G
    Ay (J7) - AC:16, HP: 29+1/31, Ki: 0/4, HD: 2/4, H.Pots: 2
    Slaad (C8-D9) - AC: 14, HP: 30, Damage Resistances (acid, cold, fire, lightning, thunder), Magic Resistance, Multiattack, Regeneration
    Dural (J6) - AC:18, HP: 40/40, Spells:-/1, LoH:5/20, HD: 0/4, INSPIRATION, H.Pots: 1&1G
    Salazar (M8) - AC:16, HP: 13/30, Spells:-/1/2, SP: 0, HD:0/4, BARKSKINNED, H.Pots: 2

    OA:
    1d20+5 17 [1d20=12]
    1d8+3 8 [1d8=5]

    am0n on
    ElvenshaeSteelhawk
  • AegisAegis Not Quite TorontoRegistered User regular
    "Stop hoppin' away!" Dural yells, chasing after the damned creature and sliding to a stop just past the pillars, hoping to hem the creature in. With a couple of hammer swings, he hopes the cut the outsider's legs out from under it for perhaps the third time. Third time's the charm, right?

    Move: to E9.
    Attack: Attack the Slaad.
    Bonus: Knock Prone.

    minion, roll 1d20+5 for OA
    minion, roll 1d8+3 for Damage
    minion, roll 1d20+5 for Attack
    minion, roll 1d8+3 for Damage
    minion, roll 1d20+4 for Strength (Athletics)

    OA:
    1d20+5 10 [1d20=5]
    Damage:
    1d8+3 4 [1d8=1]
    Attack:
    1d20+5 14 [1d20=9]
    Damage:
    1d8+3 7 [1d8=4]
    Strength (Athletics):
    1d20+4 14 [1d20=10]

    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited February 13
    The Slaad easily hops over Dural low swipe with his hammer.

    Geth, roll 1d20+3 vs Prone

    Stats:
    Barran (B10) - AC:16, HP: 13/27, Spells: -/0, HD: 2/4, H.Pots: 2, DISEASED
    Philo (I8) - AC:19, HP:34/38, 0/4 Sup. Dice, HD: 0/4, Cold Resistance, H.Pots: 1&1G
    Ay (J7) - AC:16, HP: 29+1/31, Ki: 0/4, HD: 2/4, H.Pots: 2
    Slaad (C8-D9) - AC: 14, HP: 23, Damage Resistances (acid, cold, fire, lightning, thunder), Magic Resistance, Multiattack, Regeneration
    Dural (E9) - AC:18, HP: 40/40, Spells:-/1, LoH:5/20, HD: 0/4, INSPIRATION, H.Pots: 1&1G
    Salazar (M8) - AC:16, HP: 13/30, Spells:-/1/2, SP: 0, HD:0/4, BARKSKINNED, H.Pots: 2

    @evilthecat is next!

    vs Prone:
    1d20+3 22 [1d20=19]

    Steelhawk on
  • evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    edited February 13
    As the Slaad hops off to go slap a midget around, Salazar attempts to remember the ramblings of a mage he once met.
    "Chromatic orb is the best! You get to pick the element! A tool for every job!", the mage would say, extolling in detail the versatility of the spell.
    Salazar never understood why anyone would need anything other than fire. Everything burns. Almost everything. alllmooooost.

    Wishing he'd paid more attention back then, he starts counting off the elements in his head and trying to match them with an element.
    "dirty outsiders ...", he grumbles.
    "Ok let's see ... fire? no, tried that. Cold? no, that's just frozen water. Lightning .. err, fire and air? Thunder, hmm, air and .. more air!? Acid .. well it burns and flows soo .. fire and water!
    What was the last one .. poison. Hmm. Snakes are known to eat toads ... well it's worth a shot.."


    minion, roll 1d20+6 for chromatic orb hit
    minion, roll 3d8 for chromatic orb poison damage
    Barran (B10) - AC:16, HP: 13/27, Spells: -/0, HD: 2/4, H.Pots: 2, DISEASED
    Philo (I8) - AC:19, HP:34/38, 0/4 Sup. Dice, HD: 0/4, Cold Resistance, H.Pots: 1&1G
    Ay (J7) - AC:16, HP: 29+1/31, Ki: 0/4, HD: 2/4, H.Pots: 2
    Slaad (C8-D9) - AC: 14, HP: 12, Damage Resistances (acid, cold, fire, lightning, thunder), Magic Resistance, Multiattack, Regeneration
    Dural (E9) - AC:18, HP: 40/40, Spells:-/1, LoH:5/20, HD: 0/4, INSPIRATION, H.Pots: 1&1G
    Salazar (M8) - AC:16, HP: 13/30, Spells: c/1/1, SP: 0, HD:0/4, BARKSKINNED, H.Pots: 2

    chromatic orb hit:
    1d20+6 14 [1d20=8]
    chromatic orb poison damage:
    3d8 11 [3d8=4, 3, 4]

    evilthecat on
    tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Mongrel IdiotElvenshae
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    @evilthecat - Where did you want to move to? Because if you stay put in M8, I believe that Philo and Dural would block your line of sight. Or at the very least provide cover for the Slaad from your attack and therefore you would miss.

  • evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    isn't the slaad a large creature!?
    I mean look at the space it takes up on the map.

    If i have to move to make the shot, then I'll move, preferably staying at max range so the slaad can't sprint at me next round.
    I have no idea how you handle movement, L4 seems to fit?

    tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    evilthecat wrote: »
    isn't the slaad a large creature!?
    I mean look at the space it takes up on the map.

    If i have to move to make the shot, then I'll move, preferably staying at max range so the slaad can't sprint at me next round.
    I have no idea how you handle movement, L4 seems to fit?

    The Slaad is a large creature, yes. So I'll grant you line of sight, yes. But that still doesn't let you shoot through two of your allies without a cover bonus to its AC. Moving to L4 would be fine.

  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    ROUND 5!

    @Bursar @Mongrel Idiot @am0n - Yer up!

    Map:
    TD6IMtZ.png

    Stats:
    Barran (B10) - AC:16, HP: 13/27, Spells: -/0, HD: 2/4, H.Pots: 2, DISEASED
    Philo (I8) - AC:19, HP:34/38, 0/4 Sup. Dice, HD: 0/4, Cold Resistance, H.Pots: 1&1G
    Ay (J7) - AC:16, HP: 29+1/31, Ki: 0/4, HD: 2/4, H.Pots: 2
    Slaad (C8-D9) - AC: 14, HP: 12, Damage Resistances (acid, cold, fire, lightning, thunder), Magic Resistance, Multiattack, Regeneration
    Dural (E9) - AC:18, HP: 40/40, Spells:-/1, LoH:5/20, HD: 0/4, INSPIRATION, H.Pots: 1&1G
    Salazar (M8) - AC:16, HP: 13/30, Spells:-/0/2, SP: 0, HD:0/4, BARKSKINNED, H.Pots: 2


  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! Registered User regular
    I'm not seeing a Diseased condition in the phb - can I get a quick rundown on how bad it is, doc?

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324 | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Bursar wrote: »
    I'm not seeing a Diseased condition in the phb - can I get a quick rundown on how bad it is, doc?

    No. :)

    As far as you can tell, there are no ill effects of whatever the Slaad did to you. But you just know something is wrong. And tomorrow you will have a strange craving for a strawberry and pickle milkshake.

    Elvenshaeam0n
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! Registered User regular
    Okay. Just making sure it wasn't going to give me disadvantage or halve my speed or anything!

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324 | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    No, no. Nothing like that. As your GM though, I would suggest Barran going to see a healer within the next 3 months.

  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! Registered User regular
    Barran gasps and presses a hand to the wound in his side where the Slaad... well, invaded him. Things suddenly went very bad for him in the past few seconds, and his first instinct is to run away. But a new feeling swells in his bosom; one that says to run towards protection. Funny, he hadn't felt that he could truly trust anyone else to do that for a long, long time.

    Bonus: Disengage (cunning action)
    Move: 25 ft to G8, passing Nimbly through the slaad's space
    Action: attack attack attack!

    It's now or never, Geth old pal. Screw us over again or bring it down!

    Geth, roll 1d20+6 for Crossbow attack
    Geth, roll 3d6+4 for piercing damage

    Crossbow attack:
    1d20+6 13 [1d20=7]
    piercing damage:
    3d6+4 15 [3d6=1, 6, 4]

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324 | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Elvenshae
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! Registered User regular
    Gaaaaaaah. All these 13s!

    @Mongrel Idiot

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324 | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    SteelhawkElvenshaeam0n
Sign In or Register to comment.