As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Of Corgs And Capys In The [Snugglehug] Thread (Nsf56k)

• WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    I feel like theres gotta be some dark secret to Capys that precludes them from being a good pet. I don't think I've ever heard of anyone having one despite their internet popularity

Maybe their poops are a ten foot projectile stream

edit: good top of the page right there

ff474c49434868864a602813394986cc.jpg

Wassermelone on
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    We need support Capybara's

I wonder how much of a bother it would be to keep one as a pet. But then I realize it would be a mistake to try and tame the most zen and tranquil of all creatures.

You'd need to keep them outside (they're social, so you'd want to have more than one) because they're rodents, and would chew your furniture to pieces if you kept them inside. Then you'd need a kiddie pool because of how much time they spend in the water, but that's easy. The real kicker would be the bills from an exotic animal vet.

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
  • DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    Also as cute and zen as they look, they are not a domesticated animal, so you have all the "behavior problems" you get when you keep a wild animal as a pet. I have the " "s because behavior such as fighting for dominance and being territorial are perfectly natural behavior in a wild animal, but not so great in a pet.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Also. Their fur is coarse and they don't like hugs.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular

• chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Cat's dead. Move along.

ew8pd1kfjv8z.png

"Call me Ehshmael."

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    wow what is that, a moose?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    Albino moose.

is it albino or does it just have a white coat

BahamutZERO.gif

It can't be, moose are brown. So that must be a Canadian unicorn.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
    is it albino or does it just have a white coat

Eyes are black, so white coat rather than albino.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    looks like a white coated moose, it still has pigment everywhere on it

neat

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    The proper term for the condition that causes loss of pigmentation that doesn't affect the eyes like albinism is 'leucism'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leucism

leucistic-crow-58a6d9713df78c345b5e07ab.jpg

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    Whenever I see moose I think of Les Stroud's story about getting chased by a very large, very angry bull moose in the middle of rutting season:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xltg0iagMJY

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Decomposey wrote: »

It can't be, moose are brown. So that must be a Canadian unicorn.

Fun fact: Canadian unicorns actually have two horns, one for English and one for French.

• PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    This adorable little fellow stopped for a quick chat while I was out on my walk tonight

2cW0XAc.jpg

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Careful.

He looks kinda untrustworthy.

I mean... He's wearing a mask.

• MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    just because he doesn't want the government tracking his every move doesn't mean he's some kind of deviant

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Of course you had to come across one when you're fresh out of pokeballs.

• StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    Trash Panda Express will dispose of your excess garbage, free of charge!

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    xIXJa9bqkUNs_nsmsjNPq0QF16635ozM2k7VxLugWa4.jpg?w=1024&s=c04d088e20de74a4ae480a44a06f3fc3

same

BahamutZERO.gif
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Xehalus wrote: »
    xIXJa9bqkUNs_nsmsjNPq0QF16635ozM2k7VxLugWa4.jpg?w=1024&s=c04d088e20de74a4ae480a44a06f3fc3

Wow. That's the dog equivalent of being able to suck your own dick right there. I imagine if a person found out they could do that they would have that same look on their face too.

webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    White moose that's not albino...I'm not going to point out why it's white because it's very much not snugglehug.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »
    Xehalus wrote: »

Wow. That's the dog equivalent of being able to suck your own dick right there. I imagine if a person found out they could do that they would have that same look on their face too.

Especially if they looked up to find an unexpected person with a camera.

• NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    White moose that's not albino...I'm not going to point out why it's white because it's very much not snugglehug.

I can't find anything that says this is bad....? every site that shows this moose says that it's just a rare piebald coloration, and that it's protected from hunters.

Can you spoiler the reason? Because now I'm curious.

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Non-snugglehug white moose stuff
    Not 100% on whether it's the case with the moose in the picture, but often it's because the moose has been so infested with ticks that they rub off a lot of their outer coat trying to get rid of the itching and end up with just bare skin and an undercoat which is paler.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2015/06/150601-ghost-moose-animals-science-new-england-environment/

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
    knitdan wrote: »
    Non-snugglehug white moose stuff
    Not 100% on whether it's the case with the moose in the picture, but often it's because the moose has been so infested with ticks that they rub off a lot of their outer coat trying to get rid of the itching and end up with just bare skin and an undercoat which is paler.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2015/06/150601-ghost-moose-animals-science-new-england-environment/

Nah, that moose is definitely white due to having white (with some black spots) fur. It's not pale, it's WHITE, and its close enough in the video that you can see that pretty clearly.

Yeah like ND said, it's a piebald coat type.

Moose are wacky, they can have pinto styled piebalds too:

DkH3hJN.jpg

Also if you ever encounter a moose in the wild, calmly and slowly retreat while keeping your eye on them.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    edited June 2017
    Looking it up, because I didn't know the difference between piebald and leucism, piebald is a subset of leucism that doesn't affect the pigment across the whole body

So yeah, its not albino, its not ticks/self harm, its piebald/leucistic.
    More common than a complete absence of pigment cells is localized or incomplete hypopigmentation, resulting in irregular patches of white on an animal that otherwise has normal colouring and patterning. This partial leucism is known as a "pied" or "piebald" effect

Wassermelone on
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    Moose are some of the weirdest looking creatures.

That pinto moose is super cool though!

• MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    Found a whole page of capy pics from an animal sanctuary. Cheesecake the capybara has become friends with all the animals there. A selection:

tmg-article_tall.jpg

tmg-article_tall.jpg

tmg-article_tall.jpg

tmg-article_tall.jpg

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular

I don't think the russian judge is going to give higher than a 5 for that one.

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    TPGF6r5.jpg
    A cow is seen sitting in an inflatable pool that blew away during a storm on Tuesday, June 13, 2017 in Jefferson County, Tennessee.

• Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    I can't believe I didn't even know about capybaras until a few years ago

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Know what's cute? Babies

Know what's cuter? Aminals.

Know what's cutest?

tumblr_nzwie63qkj1qgthdfo3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nzwie63qkj1qgthdfo1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nzwie63qkj1qgthdfo2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nzwie63qkj1qgthdfo8_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nzwie63qkj1qgthdfo4_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nzwie63qkj1qgthdfo5_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nzwie63qkj1qgthdfo6_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nzwie63qkj1qgthdfo7_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nzwie63qkj1qgthdfo9_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nzwie63qkj1qgthdfo10_1280.jpg

• MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

that dog loves cucumbers more than i will love anything.

This discussion has been closed.