As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [steam] thread: Enter at your backlog's risk!

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Talus9952 wrote: »
    What is the driver that's been recommended here to use a Dualshock 4 for the PC?

Input Mapper is what I use.
    http://inputmapper.com/

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    jclast wrote: »
    What is the driver that's been recommended here to use a Dualshock 4 for the PC?

Thanks!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    LutExIV wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the Batman Taletell game? Is it any good? I'm a sucker for all things Batman, so I'm really hoping this is good.
    @LutExIV
    No first hand experience, but word on the web is that the PC release is on par with the PC release of Arkham Knight.
    http://www.polygon.com/2016/8/2/12361450/batman-the-telltale-series-pc-issues-steam

This shit is really getting old.

Maybe they should put more time into QA instead of pumping out thirty games a year?

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Telltale games release on iOS. There is no reason for huge issues like that in a PC release.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    I've never been more disappointed by a game not having online coop than I am with Overcooked.

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    vamen wrote: »
    I've never been more disappointed by a game not having online coop than I am with Overcooked.

What wut?!

That's the entire point I wanted it!

*grumble grumble*

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    vamen wrote: »

What wut?!

That's the entire point I wanted it!

*grumble grumble*

Local only =\

• Options
    LutExIVLutExIV Thieves Guild Chairman In the ShadowsRegistered User regular
    Has anyone tried the Batman Taletell game? Is it any good? I'm a sucker for all things Batman, so I'm really hoping this is good.
    @LutExIV
    No first hand experience, but word on the web is that the PC release is on par with the PC release of Arkham Knight.
    http://www.polygon.com/2016/8/2/12361450/batman-the-telltale-series-pc-issues-steam

Maybe they should put more time into QA instead of pumping out thirty games a year?

That sucks. I guess that it'll be a PS4 buy for me. What the shit, though? How could a TTG game run like crap on a PC?

26965406221_865f825658.jpg
    Steam/PSN/XBox Live:LutExIV
  • Options
    @LutExIV

That sucks. I guess that it'll be a PS4 buy for me. What the shit, though? How could a TTG game run like crap on a PC?

I've wondered that before, and yet many of their games don't run great on my PC, which can run the beefiest of games at max setting with little issue.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    akajaybay wrote: »
    That shoutout earlier in the week about The Fall only being 99 cents is more relevant now.
    The Fall Part Two has been announced to be coming to the PS4 early next year. Presumably it'll hit Steam as well.
    I didn't assume a second one would be happening for sure, and the first game stands well enough on its own. But there's more on the way.

I mean. .. The ending kinda needs a part two

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    That shoutout earlier in the week about The Fall only being 99 cents is more relevant now.
    The Fall Part Two has been announced to be coming to the PS4 early next year. Presumably it'll hit Steam as well.
    I didn't assume a second one would be happening for sure, and the first game stands well enough on its own. But there's more on the way.

I mean. .. The ending kinda needs a part two

Needs might be a bit strong. It's very good that it's getting a followup, but even with the open ending I think part one wrapped up its initial arc while posing new questions.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    I dropped around 8 hours into Shadowrun: Hong Kong and fell in love with the aesthetic and the world, but as always happens with RPGs I just ended up wanting to play the tabletop version instead! But those games are really neat and well polished, really enjoyed some of the writing. Especially Kindly Cheng, she's awesome in a sick and twisted way.
    232ci6m3t11w.png

Aunt Cheng is basically a Hong Kong Triad version of Mallory Archer.
    I swear there's an Aunt Cheng in this movie.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJR5moPG7zs

She lays a pint of saliva when rolling her own cigarette.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I uninstalled Undertale and deleted my local files because I had no idea what I was doing one hour in. Here I go again!

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Catching up a bit on the DA:O bunny streams.
    Well that's two less paragons for Orzimmar.

• Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular

Thanks!

I've liked SCPToolkit a lot: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-ScpToolkit-XInput-Wrapper-aka-ScpServer-Reloaded

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Somebody play Dead By Daylight with me

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular

@joshofalltrades I'm in. Can we get a few more and get a PA game going?

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular

joshofalltrades I'm in. Can we get a few more and get a PA game going?

It may be tougher than it seems! I have a lot of PA friends and nobody else has it.

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Check out this brand new release from some publisher that I never heard of, must be new.

dunno, doesn't seem that they're going to go anywhere in the videogaming world with this title.

edit: ha, got changed from "Valve" to what I assume to be the correct name now.

edit edit: or is it i don't know half life 3 something something

Zxerol on
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Zxerol wrote: »
    Check out this brand new release from some publisher that I never heard of, must be new.

dunno, doesn't seem that they're going to go anywhere in the videogaming world with this title.

Looks like it was made in Hypercard.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best On MarsRegistered User regular
    Catching up a bit on the DA:O bunny streams.
    Well that's two less paragons for Orzimmar.

Haha. I felt kinda bad about my suggestion after she didn't follow through all the way there. Kept my mouth shut last night when it came time to choose a ruler. Anything that went wrong there is on @Karoz. :P

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EvmaAlsarEvmaAlsar Birmingham, EnglandRegistered User regular
    For those of you curious about This Is The Police, I leave you with this screenshot:

6WhfkKl.jpg

6YAcQE8.png
    Steam profile - Twitch - YouTube
    Switch: SM-6352-8553-6516
  • Options
    MadPenMadPen San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Kingston has 420 stars. Is he from Jamaica?
    Yes, I do think I'm very clever.

3DS: 4098-4243-6127
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    MadPen wrote: »
    Kingston has 420 stars. Is he from Jamaica?
    Yes, I do think I'm very clever.

Irie mon!

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Zxerol wrote: »

edit: ha, got changed from "Valve" to what I assume to be the correct name now.

edit edit: or is it i don't know half life 3 something something

Did you read the one review?

Also, the website

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Good news everyone! The deveolper of The Away Team has confirmed via twitter than the next update will include the ability to change default crew names. I look forward to send your all to your deaths as your beloved AI overlord

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    Reposting for today:
    signature.png

A whole bunch of hidden object giveaways: (These are all Artifex Mundi, who are generally known for making quality hidden object games. So, if you like hidden object at all, these pretty safe bets.)
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png

• Options
    I dunno, a cop simulator is a little too grotesque right now.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    I dunno, a cop simulator is a little too grotesque right now.

Villains always exist.

The question is whether this is like postal 2 and Deus Ex where you truly have the choice to not kill or be honorable, or is it like I am alive where you are railroaded into being violent.

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Hey Royce I remember you saying you were interested in more games with Hitman mechanics and I came across No Trace today on PC Gamer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBSAqFD0y64

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    I don't think I can keep playing colonial marines. The checkpoint system and lack of manual saves has forced me to retry the same long and difficult section over catwalks way too many times and ARRGH

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    Mulletude wrote: »
    I don't think I can keep playing colonial marines. The checkpoint system and lack of manual saves has forced me to retry the same long and difficult section over catwalks way too many times and ARRGH

Colonial Marines has the worst checkpoints in the history of basically ever. I swear, someone in their design department must have sat down and thought about how to make them as annoying as possible, because there's no way it happened by accident.

I'm particularly fond of *checkpoint* <long sequence of NPCs talking and then slowly opening some doors you can't open for yourself> alien onslaught.

• Options

Colonial Marines has the worst checkpoints in the history of basically ever. I swear, someone in their design department must have sat down and thought about how to make them as annoying as possible, because there's no way it happened by accident.

I'm particularly fond of *checkpoint* <long sequence of NPCs talking and then slowly opening some doors you can't open for yourself> alien onslaught.

I dunno, I've been reading up on Hitman Absolution lately. The mid level checkpoints respawn you there, but with none of the objectives done and none of the enemies dead/knocked out, so now you're surrounded by enemies.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Karoz wrote: »
    Hey Royce I remember you saying you were interested in more games with Hitman mechanics and I came across No Trace today on PC Gamer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBSAqFD0y64

Still another bald headed Anglo Saxon, but motivating a new pc, none the less.

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular

So it doesn't get better? Bleh

Got through a tough part. Guy talks. We move on. I thought 'surely that was a checkpoint'. Nope!

I want to like the game. But even with the overhaul mod it doesn't want me to.

I'd rather have a series of 100 heart attacks in Isolation again

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    Played some Dead By Daylight with randos and a game with my brother.

Game is really fun but obviously much better with voice chat and in a group that's playing for the experience, not the XP. If you get my drift.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    LutExIV

TellTale? QA? ARE YOU A FUNNYMANS BECAUSE YOU ARE TELLING OF GOOD JOKES

To this day I still can't play into The Walking Dead season 2 because season 1's notoriously unresolved save transfer issues have ensured that I've never been able to run an intact save through to the end of season 1 before it corrupts or is flat out erased.

Donnicton on
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    edited August 2016

Thanks!

FWIW the Windows 10 anniversary update killed most of the DS4 programs so if you're on 10, don't update yet. They need a feature called Exclusive Mode that tricks the computer into thinking it's a 360 pad + hides the DS4 so games don't think you're using two controllers at once.

Some games will work okay still, but some will double your inputs or think you're playing with 2 people like the Souls series.

This was an issue with 10 in general for a few months but there were fixes found eventually, so hopefully some more are found down the road.

Some details here:

https://inputmapper.com/21-windows-10-anniversary-update-why-things-broke

There's a fix to try at the bottom for now.

Corpekata on
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    So it doesn't get better? Bleh

Colonial Marines is a grade A shitshow. Basically Gearbox used the money they had been getting from Sega during the years Colonial Marines was in development hell on everything from buying the rights and in progress build for DNF to bankrolling the first two Borderlands games. When Sega found out that Gearbox was lying to them regarding where their money was being spent and how many developers were working on the project, Sega canceled the game, then uncanceled it in an attempt to recoup some of the development costs they had already given Gearbox, and put heavy pressure on them to finish it.

Gearbox then farmed out the majority of the game to other studios while they continued working on the Borderlands franchise and then fast-tracked an unfinished game to release. If you think it's bad now, you should see the unpatched release version.

Basically, Colonial Marines sucks because Randy Pitchford is a greasy scumbag conman and pulled a fast one on a gullible Sega and as a result we got one shitty game and almost lost an incredible game (Alien Isolation was almost canceled due to the extreme negative reaction to Colonial Marines). It'll likely be a while before we see another game in the franchise as a result.

Colonial Marines can be fun in co-op if you get three other people together to share your suffering. The game basically shits all over the established canon (while desperately throwing references to Aliens in to try and legitimize itself) but shooting Xenomorphs with a Pulse Rifle can still be a good time.

• Options
    I would have played that Aliens RPG that was in development.

steam_sig.png

This discussion has been closed.