Options

[BREXIT] Farewell Europe, and thanks for all the Fish stocks

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    What does an english purebreed look like?

Yeah I've had family in the same situation.

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    This is an english purebred:

Ozbulldog.jpg

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    What does an english purebreed look like?

Yeah I've had family in the same situation.

fuck if I know. I think that was the point my friend was making when he said that! :(

• Options
    I didn't know if I was being very dumb not knowing!

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »
    there's a tweet I saw recently that was basically like

beware the people that say very complex things are actually simple and they have all the answers

Leave was a Simple Solution that is turning out to be neither Simple or a Solution

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular

No, they're dumb for caring.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular

yeah it was more a comment by him that it seems like so many of the people harassing folks post-brexit are doing it based solely on how they *think* they look

so you get some of my friends getting harassed because they look like they're german (whatever the difference is...) and are indeed from Germany, and then you have some of my other friends who were born and raised in the UK but their grandparents are from Italy also getting harassed because they look even slightly different

it's madness

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    This is an english purebred:

Ozbulldog.jpg

To be fair I'd be friendlier to this too

• Options
    It is.

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    The United union still supports Corbyn, so this could get messy

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    yJZiLAs.jpg

bob did you screenprint that yourself this morning

bob do you understand why nobody likes talking to you at the christmas party

bob could you fuck right off and never return

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Why is half his head shaved?

Also, how much does the guy in front of him wish he could just whip around and smash that asshole's teeth in with that mace?

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    SkuntySkunty Registered User regular
    Why does he have only half his head shaved? Why is the gnarly dude with sceptre not squaring up to him? What the actual hell is going on?

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Most everything in that picture is ridiculous.

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    I've noticed that all the suspected leave voters on my friends list (suspected because I don't know for absolute certain) are all making a lot of statuses going, 'haha everyone... let's just get along, why don't we... why be so angry, this is a time to unite...'

• Options
    Janson wrote: »
    I've noticed that all the suspected leave voters on my friends list (suspected because I don't know for absolute certain) are all making a lot of statuses going, 'haha everyone... let's just get along, why don't we... why be so angry, this is a time to unite...'

Maybe they should have thought of that earlier...

• Options
    GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    Mixed feelings about the Corbyn situation. On the one hand he was a major let down for the remain campaign, on the other we need a united front against whatever beast rears it's head as leader of the tories.

Plus he says such nice things. Nothing bad ever came of trusting a politician who says nice things.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

Ah yes, time to unite. But only certain people. Don't want to unite with the wrong sort, you know.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Good news: sister and BiL and have been told their jobs aren't in immediate risk.
    Bad news: still having to be careful of what happens to their mortgage and whether they have to wait to start a family.
    Good news: BiL has Irish citizenship they can use to go over if worst comes to worst.

Bad news: my industry is still massively tied to the EU.
    Good news: if I got a job in Scotland or Ireland I could apply for citizenship after x years but that'd be if Im even wanted.

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular

Maybe they should have thought of that earlier...

I really hope their statuses are indicative of them feeling a little shame

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Good news: sister and BiL and have been told their jobs aren't in immediate risk.
    Bad news: still having to be careful of what happens to their mortgage and whether they have to wait to start a family.
    Good news: BiL has Irish citizenship they can use to go over if worst comes to worst.

Bad news: my industry is still massively tied to the EU.
    Good news: if I got a job in Scotland or Ireland I could apply for citizenship after x years but that'd be if Im even wanted.

An "Awesome" doesn't quite feel appropriate here, so I'm glad things aren't entirely fucked for you and your family right now and that you have some contingency plans, and I am going to continue to hope that things work out.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Thanks folks, you're the best. It'll all be fine.

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Skunty wrote: »
    Why does he have only half his head shaved? Why is the gnarly dude with sceptre not squaring up to him? What the actual hell is going on?

The tweet I've seen this go with goes along the lines of:

"When you're half-way done with your haircut and your barber tells you he's Turkish..."

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Why is half his head shaved?

He's a half-skinhead

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    His dad was a skinhead but not his mom

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
  • Options
    SkuntySkunty Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    :(
    Good grief.

Skunty on
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    bullxit is inspired

• Options
    There is no "no big obstacle" to an independent Scotland joining the EU before Brexit, former Prime Minister of Belgium Guy Verhofstadt has said.

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I'd be willing to enter a fake marriage if anyone wants an Austrian passport

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    JoeUser wrote: »
    There is no "no big obstacle" to an independent Scotland joining the EU before Brexit, former Prime Minister of Belgium Guy Verhofstadt has said.

Huh.

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    JoeUser wrote: »

Honestly, I would be sad to see Scotland leave the union but EU membership was a major part of the stay campaign.

Now that's out the window, they are completely justified to leave.

Karl on
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular

I had a flash of inspiration yesterday, that maybe having an Austrian grandparent meant I could claim dual citizenship. Turns out Austria isn't big on that. So yes please.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Always makes me a bit sad that my parents never bothered to get Irish citizenship, since I'm one generation too far removed

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular

Do you have a kangaroo at home, or would we have to drive to see them?

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular

I'll let you know in November.

• Options
    Interesting note: by Tory rules, if a PM losses a no confidence vote, he must resign immediately.

When they were writing the Labour rules, they left that out because it seemed obvious a PM would have to resign in that situation.

Whoops!

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Jeremy Corbyn is a good and decent man who should never had been leader of the party because he's not good at leadership.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    After checking up on everything that's been going on today I'm somewhere between helpless anger and despondency.

So all the hugs to you Brits who have to deal with this up close.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    Jeremy Corbyn is a good and decent man who should never had been leader of the party because he's not good at leadership.

I don't know much about him, but refusing to step aside when his entire team and 80% of his party's MPs ask him to suggests he's putting his own ego and ambition ahead of the party, which is not a good look. I'm also concerned by the way that one MP felt she needed to justify her resignation in the face of threats and accusations from Corbyn supporters.

Shades of Bernie Sanders and his supporters' less admirable qualities.