As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Overwatch: New hero, Ana, out now

PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
edited July 2016 in Social Entropy++

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    We're all busy playing.

• Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    BTW Goose, sorry about bailing on that invite yesterday. I had had a string of bad games and needed to make some dinner, so I decided to take a break.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I'm probably gonna pick this up if I have some extra cash at the end of the pay period
    Normally I don't care about purely multiplayer games, I need some kind of story and lore in-game to keep me interested, but this just seems so dang fun

• Options
    DedpuppyDedpuppy Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I'm probably gonna pick this up if I have some extra cash at the end of the pay period
    Normally I don't care about purely multiplayer games, I need some kind of story and lore in-game to keep me interested, but this just seems so dang fun

I'm usually the same way but at 150 hours played, I can say it is still amazingly fun.

f9uosTq.png

Battle.net:Ritalynn#1974
    XBL: Tranewrek
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    the main way I can tell this game has a lot in common with TF2 is that I keep playing it

most shooters I kind of fall away from after a bit, but I have a lot of fun with this one. I wish more people here were playing on the xbox, though, I'm mostly pugging it up

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • Options
    I found that I used Zenyatta's alt fire so infrequently that I rebound discord orb to mouse2. Really frees up my left hand for movement.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Tynnan wrote: »
    I found that I used Zenyatta's alt fire so infrequently that I rebound discord orb to mouse2. Really frees up my left hand for movement.

Yeah the charge shot is awful

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    wwCHgux.jpg

sig.png
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Yeah I use zenyatta charge shot at the beginning of match and if I see someone coming around a corner with Hanzo or widow wall hack. That's about it.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    it's pretty much exclusively for poking around a corner at a stationary target like a bastion

which is a bad niche for someone with zen's range and squish

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    i like having it to pick off attackers coming through the door at the start of the match

but yeah i usually forget about it in the middle of a fight

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Maybe i'd use it more if using harmony and discord orbs didn't cancel it and you could hold the charge indefinitely instead of it auto-releasing after holding it a bit longer than the max charge time

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Yeah, right now the only way to play Zender is left click.

WHyEXss.gif

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Just watched my son play the weekly brawl, only Pharah or Mercy and a very short cooldown on Pharah's jump jet. Total chaos, looked like fun

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    It would seem we are all agreement about zenny's alt fire.

• Options
    oh wow that sounds GREAT

i dunno if i'm gonna play any until the weekend but that sounds so much better than last week's

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    we're all in agreement that you should probably just pick another character instead of zenyatta, yes

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    boo this mei

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    zenyatta is great.

One time I had a torb and a symettra on my team and was amazed at how powerful he is at 250hp

It was double great because I could take a ton of shield damage before they even got to the armor so it lasted forever.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Still undefeated as Symmetra, granted it's only four games and only on defense, but still.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    zeny is great

discord every mei

• Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    It would seem we are all agreement about zenny's alt fire.

I didn't even fuckin know he had an alt fire.

• Options
    Radius wrote: »
    we're all in agreement that you should probably just pick another character instead of zenyatta, yes

Sounds like someone wishes to become one with my foot

• Options
    maybe I would care about discord orb if Zen wasn't already dead from a single headshot.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    maybe I would care about discord orb if Zen wasn't already dead from a single headshot.

a ton of characters die to a single headshot?

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    mei is very fun because for once I'm the one blocking my teammates from having any fun

• Options

Zen, Tracer, and D.Va out of Mech, you mean? D.Va doesn't really count, and Tracer has mobility, when counterpicking a specific character yes, I feel like this should be taken into consideration.

• Options

Like from widow or in genreal from the headshot-enabled weapons? The entire non-tank cast dies in a single 100% headshot from widow.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

you are talking to a mei avatar not a widowmaker avatar :P

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

Zen, Tracer, and D.Va out of Mech, you mean? D.Va doesn't really count, and Tracer has mobility, when counterpicking a specific character yes, I feel like this should be taken into consideration.

much like Reinhardt cover, symmetra shields, torbjorn armor, and lots of other things need to be taken into consideration

not to mention, "just land a headshot with your slow projectile, whenever you need to, on the character with the smallest head hitbox, while you're taking +50% damage from all sources as the character everyone loves to focus already" is like

sure

if you think you can do that reliably

by all means

• Options
    mccartmccart Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Competitive mode is live on PC (in NA at least), unfortunately this is also happening

my ping to the overwatch servers is very high so I guess I'll wait a bit to try it out

mccart on
  • Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    Again, some nice quality games with fellow PAers on the PS4 :biggrin:

Some of the games are a big slog, and I noticed I am most irritated by characters I am bad at or even haven't tried out yet :lol:

And then you get put on a team which has 2 Widowmakers and a Mercy, and I never saw the Mercy heal or rez anyone... Fleety pointed out that he saw her heal the Widowmakers...

And then we had someone in the team who was called something like XAWSOMEKIDX or something (the name starting and ending with X and with an E was already taken?) who was a Mercy who mainly used her pistol...

Anyhow, I noticed that playoverwatch or masteroverwatch are not updating their profiles, so I guess patch incoming? :winky: . Let the hunt for the golden D.Va guns begin :twisted:

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Yeah zenny has an obvious survivability issue, definitely a big factor in why I mostly prefer to play mercy. That and his ult feeling far less impactful and harder to use since it has to be used before people die instead of afterwards.

I think maybe mercy ult should charge the slowest of the three healer ults because it is the easiest to use effectively, actually. You can't even press the button unless there's someone dead in range. Or make zen's ult radius twice as large and make it and sound barrier last 50% longer or something.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Pssh, forget this

Radius on
  • Options
    zeny's ult is super strong, but it is tough to use

it's generally best to hold it until they throw out a graviton surge or something

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Man I cannot wait for some new character reveals

I finally have something to look forward to at Blizzcon other than Diablo news

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Tossrock wrote: »
    wwCHgux.jpg

There's a few great names in this picture.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    So now that we've each established that we're individually right and everyone else is mistaken or willfully ignorant, worthy only of sarcasm, where do we to from here?

Enlong on
  • Options
    Also, apparently there's some DDoSing going on that's causing lag/disconnects to bnet.

This discussion has been closed.