As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Even Sicker Tat, Brah

• Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    I really like the line work and shading on those bubbles

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    My artist is leaving the country next year and I still have ideas/space but no time/money.

It's not fair.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    I really like the line work and shading on those bubbles

I didn't realize he was going to do the white, I think it really adds to it.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    ImperatorXXVImperatorXXV Registered User regular
    @ImperatorXXV blackwork fistbuuuump

I really love what some people do with color, but for myself there is something so appealing to blackwork. Probably helps that most of my ideas look so naturally inclined to that style. I don't see how they could possibly be colored.

New tattoos are the best. Feel so damn cool for that following week after getting it.

r7r7a0.gif
  • Options
    My artist is leaving the country next year and I still have ideas/space but no time/money.

It's not fair.

Do they have a gashapon machine??

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    I just noticed that the sunfish has a knife

That's a dangerous fish

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    ImperatorXXV blackwork fistbuuuump

I really love what some people do with color, but for myself there is something so appealing to blackwork. Probably helps that most of my ideas look so naturally inclined to that style. I don't see how they could possibly be colored.

New tattoos are the best. Feel so damn cool for that following week after getting it.

I've got colour on the tattoos on my side but my arm is now and will continue to be all blackwork. I love love love it.

I would make ALL of the exceptions for work by Kate Gill, though.

E: oops, double tagged ya, sorry

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Hey tattoo thread

I think I asked this before

Do arrow tattoos have any bad association? My search skills are weak

After I buy another bow, I want to save some money for an arrow tattoo

But I'm a clueless rural white used to be middle class now poor? dweeb person

• Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    Hey tattoo thread

I think I asked this before

Do arrow tattoos have any bad association? My search skills are weak

After I buy another bow, I want to save some money for an arrow tattoo

But I'm a clueless rural white used to be middle class now poor? dweeb person

None that I've heard of, though i'm far from any sort of tattoo historian.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Arrows were kind of a generic hipster tattoo thing for a while if that is something that bothers you

There is also some native american connotation

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    It could also depend on the arrow that you're using. Are we talking something super stylized? Maybe a realistic image of an ancient arrow? A modern arrow? A road sign arrow?

For example, here's a story of a guy who adopted a dog and noticed that someone had tattooed an arrow on it. Apparently without understanding that the specific arrow tattoo was done by a vet to indicate the dog had been neutered, the guy got a matching tattoo for himself.
    Later in the story he says that he knew what the tattoo meant when he got it, but even so it went viral as "Look at this idiot who got a "neutered" tattoo on his arm".

• Options
    I'm thinking of getting something sort of minimal and modern for my arrow tattoo

• Options
    It's done!!! Fuck!
    (That's a good fuck)

0s87r84eyanc.jpg

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    That's dope! Be ready for the inevitable line of smart arses who will ask you if you ran out of money getting the tattoo!

• Options
    denihilistdenihilist Ancient and Mighty Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2017
    Thomas Hooper did a flash day in Los Angeles today. It kind of ruined our day for house stuff but a dream come true for me.
    iwcn2730ya59.jpeg

denihilist on
  • Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    WOT

*scheme* i wonder if that means he'll do that in Austin??

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    denihilistdenihilist Ancient and Mighty Registered User, Moderator mod
    He did one in the last month or so for Hurricane Harvey support.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Being itchy sucks guys

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Jacques L'HommeJacques L'Homme BAH! He was a rank amateur compared to, DR. COLOSSUS!Registered User regular
    Got my first tattoo!
    spoiler’d for posting from mobile and not knowing how big it’ll be.
    aiyrpj8htu7f.jpeg
    And as a bonus, my pasty white arm.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    New tattoo! Drove 9 hours each way for this one
    lOjhsQB_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    So I've decided that I want to get a series of three glyph style tattoos along my upper right arm. One is a stylized symbol for Male, the second is the alchemical symbol for Earth (bonus points for being a "reverse" Deathly Hallows), but I can't decide on a third. And three really feels like the "correct" number for this to me.

Ah well, I'll think of something

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    So I've decided that I want to get a series of three glyph style tattoos along my upper right arm. One is a stylized symbol for Male, the second is the alchemical symbol for Earth (bonus points for being a "reverse" Deathly Hallows), but I can't decide on a third. And three really feels like the "correct" number for this to me.

Dancing dong, obviously.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Zodiac zign? Logo/glyph from a fictional property you're a fan of?

sig.gif
  • Options
    Dickbutt

• Options
    Personally I would probably go for something atomic/molecular for a scale smaller than man, or star/galaxy themed for a scale larger than earth

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

So, you've got a triangle and the symbol for male.
    I think the next step is to go for some kind of rendering of a particle or maybe an atom.
    After that, of course, some way to symbolize the universe as a tattoo, maybe a watch with a minute hand, millennium hand and an eon hand?

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    after that: get in a fight

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Hello tattoo thread! Behold my pasty midwestern leg.

q77pkpk7fg88.jpg

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular

You got a triangle and a cirlcle, so a square-like symbol for the third one?

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    honovere wrote: »

And then a cross, and you have a secret Playstation tattoo.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Typhoid MannyTyphoid Manny Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    i dithered over this for the better part of a decade before i finally got it done, and now there's like a million other things i wanna get

hxyfJYh.jpg?1

Typhoid Manny on
    from each according to his ability, to each according to his need
    hitting hot metal with hammers
  • Options
    Sorce wrote: »
    honovere wrote: »

And then a cross, and you have a secret Playstation tattoo.

well the male symbol will actually be more of a hexagon, and the other is a triangle within a circle. I am actually considering a polyhedron outline for the third. Maybe a d20

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Hi thread. I'm booked to get my first tattoo next month. Going to have it on my inside leg, around the height of my sock line. Just wondering if I should expect it to be sore enough that I won't want to do much walking/driving for a few days or anything? It's going to be my leave week and I want to know if I can plan to do stuff or if I should just sit around for a while.

• Options
    Mysterious FoxMysterious Fox Registered User regular
    You'll probably want to take it easy for a couple of days and make sure to keep it elevated. It won't be too sore, but there will be a lot of swelling.

• Options
    Lower leg is a good place for a first tattoo. As long as you avoid the shin it will not be a problem. Will you be sore the next day? Sure, but not enough to keep from doing anything. Certainly not enough to keep you from walking.

• Options
    Yeah it's not a muscle/bone type ache, at all. It's entirely topical discomfort. Skip the socks for a week or two, you'll be fine.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    I got another tattoo this week in Mexico City in a secret underground tattoo parlor while I was on vacation

KnLMEuA_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

So far I am just getting artists I like to make me tattoos and i like how it's turning out, even if there's not going to be any sort of consistent theme

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    That is really super neat

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    I am debating my next tattoo. it will be based off my dog.

Either a toasted marshmallow or a shark with his coloring and eyes.

qYxONNUl.jpg

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    DildoOfCarthageDildoOfCarthage Registered User regular
    Finally joining the ranks of the tattoo'd! This was my Valentine's Day present from @Typhoid Manny

wCodphD.jpg?2

Apologies for the shitty photo (who knew the inside of your left arm was hard to take a photo of!)