As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Take this [job] and perform it to the best of your ability.

I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitarRegistered User regular
It's the Friday before a 3-day weekend (in the States at least). How are you screwing off at work today?

• FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    My manager started her 10 day vacation today. My screwing off is not just limited to this holiday weekend, my friend!

• MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    I took today off for family reasons. My plans consist of jack and all. For four days though, it'll be great.
    Not looking forward to Tuesday, though. Weekend supervisor is taking the weekend off, but what can you do.

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    I'm screwing off by taking today off, and Tuesday as well. 5 day weekend! W00t! and whats even better? This was a 4 day week, and next week will be a 3 day week. Most excellent.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    In celebration of the 4th, our boss just implemented a new rule, no more headphones allowed in the open office. We all have to be able to communicate and listen to everyone.

This is going to be impossible.

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Form an office glee club that sings during work to keep morale up

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    What's that? Start blasting your music on speaker? Sounds great!

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Barcardi wrote: »
    In celebration of the 4th, our boss just implemented a new rule, no more headphones allowed in the open office. We all have to be able to communicate and listen to everyone.

That's what IM is for. You need someone, send them a message.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Today is a day off in Canada, it is going superb.

steam_sig.png
  • GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular

I cannot imagine what benefits come from an open office that offset the inevitable employee morale hit from all the unholy hell that seems to always be attached.

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Hoping they do the usual pre long weekend thing here and tell people to go home at 3.
    Also I need to submit my self review today and uggh I hate doing these.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    We're running processes early so we can try to get out before 5.

Of course the Sales team is ignoring the deadlines that were set and wondering why we aren't bending over backwards.

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I Zimbra wrote: »
    It's the Friday before a 3-day weekend (in the States at least). How are you screwing off at work today?

I will be working through the weekend until Sunday at which point I will fly home. I'll arrive midday Monday and go in to work Tuesday.

I am terrible at four day weekends.

• necroSYSnecroSYS Registered User, ClubPA regular

WTF are you supposed to do if you are taking a CBT class or if you're attending a webconference?

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Gnizmo wrote: »

I cannot imagine what benefits come from an open office that offset the inevitable employee morale hit from all the unholy hell that seems to always be attached.

Unless the job somehow requires constant communication, all it's gonna do is making working excruciating. Most people can't work effectively while talking and many people also can't work effectively with ambient noise distracting them. If I couldn't listen to music while working, or throw on a podcast when doing really tedious tasks, I'd lose my friggin' mind.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    We had a cookout for Memorial Day, and we've all been so busy lately that nobody planned anything for today.

I made a small remark about it being a shame that we didn't plan anything for today, and 4 hours later we have a BBQ party going on in the parking lot

• BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    necroSYS wrote: »

WTF are you supposed to do if you are taking a CBT class or if you're attending a webconference?

I'm not saying it was thought through.

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    One of my fellow bosses is a new father, so is on leave, meaning overtime for the rest of us plus I'm closing the 4th, so double-time and a half holiday pay again. July is going to be a tiring, but very profitable, month.

• SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    My manager started her maternity leave today and our Admin is out for about 16 work days this summer on various trips.

The urge to do nothing is overwhelming. Especially since my work load has practically doubled because no one else is here.

• MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    we all left at eleven!

the other contractors are working ten hour days and a half day tomorrow. they are very behind, we are not.

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    I forgot to mention that I'm screwing off by following NBA free agent signings on twitter and then I'm going to leave early.

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular

Sounds like time for you and a group of friends at work to blast your music as loud as you can until you can have headphones back.

• Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Going to be working the next two weeks from around 9-11 in the morning until 10 at night 6 days a week

Overtime + holiday pay time guys whoo!

VRXwDW7.png
  • DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    Project manager is out today. Second in charge is out today. Third in charge is out today. Thank god fourth in charge is here, because I'm deathly afraid that I might be 5th in line and I really didn't want to have to spend all day on Contracting Officer Watch to determine when we could leave early.

Contracting officer left the building 13 minutes ago, as we were informed by 4th in charge. 14 minutes ago now. SO that gives me enough time to log off and grab my stuff because it's weekend time.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »

Sounds like time for you and a group of friends at work to blast your music as loud as you can until you can have headphones back.

Do what I did as an angry teenager and blast "It's My Life" by Bon Jovi.

Here I'll help:

• mightyjongyomightyjongyo Sour Crrm East Bay, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I went full no-fucks-given and took the morning to watch my wife sign a deal for a new motorcycle.

In general I'm finding it hard to care for the next week since it's going to be a 3-4 day week next week between holiday and taking another week off for vacation starting next Friday.

• NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Whee, we got out at 2:30, goofing off with some heroes and overwatch, then out for the night.

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Got off 2 and a half hours early, got some beers and some ice cream and my copy of Gundam Breaker 3 came in.

Everything's turning up Milhouse.
    Don't remind me I work the next 3 days, let me have this moment

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Oh hey! Took a belated look at the spec sheet for a bunch of sensors I soldered before coming out here only to find a "do not solder!" buried halfway on page three.

The good news is that somehow all three of them worked in spite of this.

Then one stopped working for no reason. But 66% isn't too bad.

• NijaNija Registered User regular

Make sure everyone else can hear it. So no one on the team is left behind. You're enhancing the team by sharing the wealth of knowledge.

My boss is "working from home" today. She has one project pending. Otherwise she is watching her kids.

I'm waiting for the Facilities people to let us know when we can move to our temporary offices. I bought a 1070. I listened to Stabbing Westward's Wither Blister Burn And Peel.

It's been a pretty good day so far.

Priest lvl 110 Warlock lvl 9x DK lvl 110 Paladin lvl 9x Rogue lvl 8x

Steam Me
  • SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Nija wrote: »

Make sure everyone else can hear it. So no one on the team is left behind. You're enhancing the team by sharing the wealth of knowledge.

My boss is "working from home" today. She has one project pending. Otherwise she is watching her kids.

I'm waiting for the Facilities people to let us know when we can move to our temporary offices. I bought a 1070. I listened to Stabbing Westward's Wither Blister Burn And Peel.

It's been a pretty good day so far.

I think I'd go crazy in my office without headphones. Being able to just zone out and code away is great

Of course, headphones help down out the open Spotify playlist that pings between justin beiber and baby metal but then I don't think my office is too typical

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    Oh hey! Took a belated look at the spec sheet for a bunch of sensors I soldered before coming out here only to find a "do not solder!" buried halfway on page three.

Not to be that guy or anything but I have a pretty compelling idea as to the reason one of the sensors broke.

• ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    Day 2 since the big revelation. Didn't get much done today but at least I have a three day weekend, even if I'm coming back to a mess on Tuesday.

A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    It's been very quiet today.

Which has been nice. Also we got hot dogs for lunch today. That was pretty tasty, especially when they asked if I wanted bacon on mine and I was like uhhh yeah

• RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Today was short but hectic with crimes being stopped and radio silence except for those involved.

Got new uniform gear at base and was told that my pants were no longer the standard color, THAT IS HOW HARD I ROLL!

Then go back and talk to my boss about getting my new shifts, and was told about something that pissed me off, but that's only for two more weekends, so its water.

Still, I was angry about this and was writing a poem I was going to post here, but then saw something on the way to the bus that shocked me.

Someone was wearing a rainbow colored shirt with an anthropomorphic mammal on it. This one....https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=524684547&searchtext=

That is the only SFW reference I could find.

• Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Clocked in at 4:15 expecting to stay until 10, a short day

around 8 my dispatcher told me I wasn't on the night tour list, which confused me because I clocked in late and people who clocked in around 10 in the morning were going out before me. When I go back to the office to clock out I inquire the situation.

Boss says they have been working me so hard that I am being taken off some nights for night tours so overtime extra hours isn't so crazy. She didn't tell me this but I'm expecting the pay period including the 4th is going to be so bonkers they are curbing the overtime ahead of time.

VRXwDW7.png
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Gnizmo wrote: »
    tynic wrote: »

Not to be that guy or anything but I have a pretty compelling idea as to the reason one of the sensors broke.

I actually think it's a connectivity issue. But the only way to fix it would be to resolder, which - yeah.

I'll put it aside and check things out when I'm back in civilization with access to an electronics store.

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    You people with your holidays and your time off

You sicken me

• RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    I should never have told my mother about those guys from last week, the fact that it resulted in my boss getting a letter makes her fear for my safety because I took this second job (now my first) for her benefit (and that of my brothers).

While true, I also took it so I could have food, which is an important thing.

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Our female cheetah has had cubs again. Let's hope these ones last longer than the first litter.

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    ONE HUNDRED AND FOUR DAYS STRAIGHT OF TWELVE HOUR SHIFTS

OVER

MOTHER OF GOD IT'S FINALLY OVER

This discussion has been closed.