As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warframe] More like Fashionframe!

• IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    My own suggestion for Bardframe would be Avonia.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
    Introducing...Shadow of Mordor type Enemy system?

...Be still my heart

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Yup, time to start forma-ing Amprex and Nyx.
    And maybe finally finish leveling Rhino so I can dump him when my Oberon is done tonight.
    Dump rhino...

For Oberon?!

• FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    My own suggestion for Bardframe would be Avonia.

I saw one suggestion on the forums that it should be based off of music modes, like Ionia or Locria.

steam_sig.png
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Ianator wrote: »

Bardframe lookin fuckin amazing

JtgVX0H.png
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Yup, time to start forma-ing Amprex and Nyx.
    And maybe finally finish leveling Rhino so I can dump him when my Oberon is done tonight.
    Dump rhino...

For Oberon?!

I don't like the way Rhino plays, have no frame slots left, and I was getting enough Oberon pieces that I figured I might as well just throw him together and sell the rest.
    Plus, I think he looks cool.

Crippl3 on
  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    2 more forma stuffed into the Hek(for 5), 2? 3? into the Kulstar that I am only allowed to use when playing Inaros.

That'll make both of them basically maxed out, apart from R10 Primed Point Blank and the Hornet Strike I haven't finished because I'm waiting till MR14 so it always fits on a gun.

Of note, a red-critting Kulstar is hilarious, because it shoots Ancient corpses into orbit.

• PeewiPeewi Registered User regular

...Be still my heart

Oh, they have some details in the latest devstream? I feel like Steve has been saying that they want to do that forever.

• NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular

...Be still my heart

I'm not sure that Warframe is the sort of game that would truly benefit from the Nemesis System. It's more suited to open world setups, or at least combat systems where you aren't blatantly better than everyone else.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
    Peewi wrote: »

...Be still my heart

Oh, they have some details in the latest devstream? I feel like Steve has been saying that they want to do that forever.

They had some details last devstream too, they just have a picture this time when talking about it

JtgVX0H.png
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    I sort of hated the nemesis system, as technically impressive as it was it wasn't a great deal of fun.

• BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    This isn't really new to Warframe in a general sense. Look at poor Vor. We've killed him so often that he's a fucked up space-zombie-cyborg-ghost stuck in non-linear time.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
    Basil wrote: »
    This isn't really new to Warframe in a general sense. Look at poor Vor. We've killed him so often that he's a fucked up space-zombie-cyborg-ghost stuck in non-linear time.

It didn't make him any more powerful, he just can't die as long as he's talking

He just never shuts the fuck up is the problem

JtgVX0H.png
  • DreadBertDreadBert Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Darmak wrote: »
    Basil wrote: »

It didn't make him any more powerful, he just can't die as long as he's talking

He just never shuts the fuck up is the problem

Duh, by this point he knows plot armor is best armor.

With all this balance sillyness DE hasn't just said "f-it operator has to just run the mission mind controlling ship crew".

Edit - for those that never did Destroy all Humans using meat puppets for dastardly things is a hoot.

DreadBert on
  • SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Forma'd up both Hema and Phage as well as finished leveling Chroma from his last Forma.

Also piced up the bastile augment for Vauban and had the grenade mod that causes them to stick to surfaces drop for his Torrid.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • KeysierKeysier Registered User regular
    Do we have a clan setup for warframe that I can get an invite on? I think I like this game enough that I'm going to stay awhile. Got my Prime Nova baking and even though I am just mastery 9 I find the game fun - except that I have all these Rivens that I don't know what to do with now

edited February 2017
    We do indeed. I have no idea who does invites, but absolutely. The dojo has most of everything unlocked.

Alliance chat is usually where you'll find people to play with, mind. Though there aren't often many around at any given time.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
    Entaru wrote: »
    Forma'd up both hema and phage as well as finished leveling Chroma from his last Forma.

Also piced up the bastilentire augment for Vauban and had the grenade mod that causes them to stick to surfaces drop for his Torrid.

Believe the Torid already sticks to things, actually. I haven't found a use for that mod yet, to be honest.

edited February 2017
    dporowski wrote: »
    Forma'd up both hema and phage as well as finished leveling Chroma from his last Forma.

Also piced up the bastilentire augment for Vauban and had the grenade mod that causes them to stick to surfaces drop for his Torrid.

Believe the Torid already sticks to things, actually. I haven't found a use for that mod yet, to be honest.

Does it? It's been awhile since I used it.

Oh well.

Seidkona on

Does it? It'seems been awhile since I used it.

Oh well.

Wiki says the mod turns the Penta into a mine launcher, basically, which sounds kind of cool. Not used a Penta though, as I have this "blowing myself up" problem.

Does it? It'seems been awhile since I used it.

Oh well.

Wiki says the mod turns the Penta into a mine launcher, basically, which sounds kind of cool. Not used a Penta though, as I have this "blowing myself up" problem.

I do have a Penta. I'll change it up and try that then.

Thanks for the heads up.

• NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    The Penta actually just got a better mod for that. Tether Grenades, drops from mobs in The Index. Causes the grenades to stick, tethers enemies that walk by so they can't run away, and removes the self-damage from the 'nades.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Out of curiosity, is there a reason we have people who haven't logged on in 1-3 years in the PC clan? Getting an invite for those who return is easily enough, and it seems that we're roughly half a Storm clan with another 2 Storms worth of missing members.

Granted, the hardcore devoted folks have got most of the research done anyway over the years, but it seems like our actual activity would more accurately be reflected by trimming the missing member list and dropping a tier down.

Edit: at a glance, our 100 most recent logins would stretch back 1.5 months. Culling at the 1 month mark would leave reasonable space for pending invitations, or just done as needed.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
    Forar wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, is there a reason we have people who haven't logged on in 1-3 years in the PC clan? Getting an invite for those who return is easily enough, and it seems that we're roughly half a Storm clan with another 2 Storms worth of missing members.

Granted, the hardcore devoted folks have got most of the research done anyway over the years, but it seems like our actual activity would more accurately be reflected by trimming the missing member list and dropping a tier down.

Edit: at a glance, our 100 most recent logins would stretch back 1.5 months. Culling at the 1 month mark would leave reasonable space for pending invitations, or just done as needed.

Last I knew, there's no way to drop down a tier. You build that barracks, that's it, even if you blow up the barracks later.

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    As of Update 18.0, clans can be downsized, which can be helpful if the player count of your clan is unable to easily contribute to Clan Research. Clans cannot be downsized while an in-game event is in progress.

Well heck. Nifty.

Considering that the new clan assassination thing is going to be based on clan size, might be a good idea for someone with the power to purge those in Space Knights who haven't played for a year + to do so and downgrade us.

steam_sig.png
    How many would we have to purge to get down to the next clan size?

edited February 2017
    How many would we have to purge to get down to the next clan size?

Right now Space Knights of Arcadia is a Mountain Clan, with ~260 members. The next lowest, Storm, has a cap of 100 players.

So we are talking about kicking 160-170 players. That's quite a lot, but as Forar has mentioned, about half of them haven't logged in for over a year, and about 2/3rds in the last 2-3 months.

One thing to keep in mind, however, is that Warframe IMO is almost the platonic ideal of a game you grind the shit out of for a while, then stop playing for a while, then come back and start grinding the shit out of it again. Not quite confortable in booting anyone within the 2 month mark, as they're probably waiting for the next Prime Access or 'frame, but if we're within 10 or so to downgrade to Storm...

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
    So basically, even if we kick out everyone who hasn't logged on for the last 3 months we're still at least 30% too big to reduce our size?

That's not an acceptable deal.

So I guess the way out of this isn't to reduce clan size, but instead:
    a. Try to increase activity numbers during clan-critical events.
    b. Kick the least active out of the clan when we approach 300.
    c. Recruit more active members

Or?

edited February 2017
    Getting down to 100 would have people that haven't logged in within ~60 days. I agree that's a little short, but it'd be easy enough to boot the farthest back person to let someone new in. The Diablo 3 clan does this all the time, due to the harsher restrictions on players and demand for those slots.

Also, I didn't run the stats, but a lot of those players are like rank 2-5. I agree that there are surely some regulars who come and go every couple quarters when new quests/frames drop, but a lot of them are also new to the game who seem to have tried it a couple times, lost interest, and never returned.

It'd probably take some active pruning/instating efforts by those with the capacity to do so.

Just took a look; trimming to 100 would (barely) fall outside the 2 month mark. There are some 10-16'ish MR (players who've put considerable time in, for sure) but a *lot* of the MIA ones are in the single digits, weighing (at a glance) more in the 2-6 range.

Forar on
    So basically, even if we kick out everyone who hasn't logged on for the last 3 months we're still at least 30% too big to reduce our size?

That's not an acceptable deal.

So I guess the way out of this isn't to reduce clan size, but instead:
    a. Try to increase activity numbers during clan-critical events.
    b. Kick the least active out of the clan when we approach 300.
    c. Recruit more active members

Or?

Another option would be to form a new clan that could join the Alliance we're all part of to siphon extra people. Said clan would have to start from scratch (unless one of the 1-man clans in the alliance was willing to take people in) but would at least be able to group and talk with others through Alliance chat while participating in their own Kingpin that isn't expecting Mountain tier level of participants.

steam_sig.png
  • DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    I come back from an 8 month hiatus and I could swear we were having this exact same conversation the last time I played. :/

Back then the drama was over, IIRC, Wukong research.

There isn't much point in booting large numbers of people if we can't get it under 100 for the research benefits. And as people come and go, maintaining that level would require much more active roster maintenance on the part of clan management. I can fiddle with ranks & permissions so more than a handful of people have kick privileges, sure, but we should be sure that's what we really want to do.

We could also coordinate with other clans in the Alliance, like if some senior people that already have all the research completed want to peel off and start a new smaller clan that only focuses on researching new stuff that's released from that day forward, etc.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
    edited February 2017
    Well. Lets cross that bridge when we get there and can evaluate how hard clan assassination quests will get.
    I think a lot of clans are casual by now, so I doubt they're going to get this new mechanic and then spend all their juice on the maybe 10 super-active clans in the game?

As far as research goes. We got the Archwing and Nezha research done in less than two weeks. That's acceptable to me.

Fiendishrabbit on
  • DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Ranks & Permissions:

Previously the only people with kick privileges were Warlord & General ranks, of which there were only 8 and half of those (including myself) had been MIA for long periods. So that surely contributed to the bloating of the roster.

I've edited the ranks thusly:

Warlords & Generals can do everything when it comes to personnel management
    Officers can invite, kick, and promote
    Leaders can invite and kick

Kicking and Promotion are rank limited. You can only kick people of lower rank and only promote up to your own rank.

I also promoted a bunch of folks to Leader based on a highly-scientific algorithm involving recent activity, MR, and "do I recognize this name?" So if someone is looking for an invite and/or the clan is too full, do like it says on tumblr and check yo privilege.

DivideByZero on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
    edited February 2017
    To note, I'm not trying to stir up drama, I simply think there's a better way to accurately reflect the activity of the guild versus its size, which does have mechanical implications.

The D3 clan does just fine with a rotating roster as people come and go, and that's not really any different (we see bumps in activity with quests and frames, they see it with Seasons). I've been in and out of that one (phrasing) a number of times over the years.

I respect that I may be proposing an unpopular option.

I mean, if I was MIA for months (let alone quarters), I'd understand being removed to make space, especially if there was an option to join back up when I returned.

Also, as I noted there are indeed some people who've put a fair deal of time in, but DudeX that is MR2 and hasn't logged on in a year and a half probably isn't coming back, and they're definitely not contributing to the clan.

Not to be belligerent on the matter, but nobody has given a reason *why* we need to keep people who have been missing for over 2 months, with the (again) caveat that people who take breaks are always welcome back. We could get into the 90'ish player range and still have people who haven't logged on in 2 months or so. That seems like a pretty generous barrier, no more or less arbitrary than 3 months or whatever.

If we had 101+ people logging in within the last few days, or even a week, fair enough, we might just be an edge case, but just because we're getting research done doesn't mean we aren't actively making things harder on ourselves than they need to be.

Forar on
    edited February 2017
    Now that we've got a larger stable of players who can invite, it will be much easier to keep up dojo housekeeping.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    So, I'm downloading Warframe. I've got some experience in grindy games (mostly ARPG's like PoE and Diablo).

Any noob tips to avoid frustration?

jungleroomx on
    That said, I appreciate us at least having the conversation, seeing where things stand, and changing things up a bit to see where we end up.

If in a few months we're still around the same place (or worse), if invites going more smoothly isn't doing anything appreciable, maybe it'll be worth revisiting.

And I don't want any 'omg this topic again' if we do. :-P

With only 35'ish slots open, once those fill yeah, culling from the furthest back would be sensible to make space for new blood.

This discussion has been closed.