As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] Rise of Iron: "Wizirds are the worst. The WORST."

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    ... You cant get the Scarab after this one?

I thought it was only Bastet that would "Go away"... Fuck.

@Booker @Arteen @Local H Jay ... @mosssnack ? Please help me out here if you get the chance. :smile:

Sirialis on
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Ooh, if this is the last weekend for Trials, it's my last chance to get a Scarab!
    I mean, I'm just happy I got the Cat emblem, but I suppose a Guardian can dream, right?

Those maps are also shotgun friendly, and not totally sniper, so maybe there is hope yet.

This... will be your weekend. I got a spacebus. You can achieve your dream too!

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Is it last chance for Scarab? I thought that dropped both Year 2 and Year 2.5. All they said was there'd be a new flawless emblem.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    tbf, Bungie doesn't like old stuff. :P

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Thumbnail_Small.PNG
    This shit still haunts me...

Bad picture quality because the thumbnail was all there was left, the image itself is gone, its Arteen and Booker getting a Scarab emblem and me getting fuck all.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    I guess I just assumed Scarab was also going away as we transition into Year 3? If it's not going away and they confirmed that, then yippee and all. I just imagined that Scarab fit with the Year 2 thing, though I guess since Titan Armor is scarab-y maybe they are keeping it around?

More scarab time would be great, but since I don't recall them announcing they were changing the Flawless emblem at end of Year 1, I wasn't optimistic.

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Booker wrote: »
    Erevar wrote: »
    I don't think realism and space magic need to coexist in a video game.

I disagree completely. Space magic is less magical when everything is operating magically. Something in the game world needs to behave closely to reality, to ground our actions, and show when the normal rules are being broken. If Bungie wants to have weirdly behaving guns, they need to start writing why the guns behave weirdly.

Pistols are hard to shoot accurately. Just because you are looking at your target, and the sights are mostly aligned, does not mean that your shot will hit. Dozens of factors exist to frustrate your shooting. Imperfect steadiness of hand, wind, being shot, could all knock a bullet off target. Bloom creates an illusion of these factors, which improves the game by making Hand Cannon feel more like actual handguns.

Here I think we both agree and disagree.

It's likely that it makes the game better, but the only question as to that is "is the game more fun as a whole" rather than whether or not it accurately reflects the mechanics of shooting a handgun isn't a proxy for that. However, given handcannons appropriately rolled are the dominant gun type and probably always will be given the map design of destiny, their damage profile in particular in contrast to the TTK of guns in general and their increased aerial accuracy something like that is needed to prevent the meta being nothing but the three exotic hand cannons and God roll eyeaslunas. And while it might be a bit less fun for the weilder it probable improves the experience for the rest of the players more, overall.

(Preface - I know I'm debating space gun mechanics and will probably come across as a bit pedantic. Bear with me and take it with a large grain of salt).

I think the HC thing bugs me more than it should because I carry a firearm at work and "bloom" occurring while sighted on a target just isn't how pistols/revolvers work (hip firing, sure... just talking about ADS here). Even environmental factors (wind/rain/etc) shouldn't have that much impact give the engagement ranges involved ingame.

For reference I'm a marksman class shooter with a pistol and can hit an 8" steel plate at 40m while moving at a pretty brisk pace in clear weather to light rain and light to moderate winds.... I'm also just a dude with some mid level training.

My space Titan guardian who's immortal, spends all his/her time in live fire situation, has space guns, and is actually a robot built for war... can miss a stationary target at half that range while aiming down steady sights.

I'm not saying I want handcannons to be effective at 40m... but I would like them to be properly and consistently accurate inside their effective range. I guess that's it though... I dont need HC's to be more effective, but I'd like for them to feel more consistent. Most other weapon types act pretty much how you'd expect the real life counterpart to work (primaries, don't get me started on snipers), why not the same with HC's.... and yes I know, they're magic space guns I can reload with a solid cylinder of magic instead of actual bullets :lol:

If what bungie was looking for when they wanted HC's to handle differently and be more challenging to use, they should have made them all non-hitscan like my Queen's choice/Vestian Dynasty. Those are harder to use, especially on targets with lateral movement, but at least there's something for me to compensate and adjust for. I can lead a target and still land shots effectively.

I can't compensate for Bloom other than just shooting more slowly and crossing my fingers.

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Hey, so...early day. Any Xbros going to be online around 4pm PT for some TRAILS? I'll have a couple hours to bash my head against the wall/get carried before I have to meet my wife for dinner.
    @Booker @Local H Jay @Arteen @mosssnack

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I normally would but I had to work tonight. Will be on both tomorrow and Sunday morning for Trials, as well as most of Monday

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    EvilMonkey wrote: »
    jefe414 wrote: »
    Yeah running CoE to complete the card takes very little time overall if you grab a team of PAers.

Well that's the problem, there are no PAers PS4 side any more it seems :(

But in better news I got the Golgoroth Fragment which seems like the hardest one? Now I need Oryx and Warpriest.

You still have Piggy. You all still have Piggy! Just not for that Saturday raid. Far too early :P

Then where were you last might want Mal and I were trying to do PoE?

Speaking of, we're going to try it tonight (round 7 central or later) and need a third.

Oh, and I might cancel that raid. Only one person joined. Might try to say up a PA raid for next Saturday.

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    I normally would but I had to work tonight. Will be on both tomorrow and Sunday morning for Trials, as well as most of Monday

Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    I still need a scarab as well it seems.

We just got the kiddo to sleep in his bed at night, so maybe my playtime will go back to mildly inconsistent from nearly non existent.

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • Options
    BookerBooker Registered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »

If what bungie was looking for when they wanted HC's to handle differently and be more challenging to use, they should have made them all non-hitscan like my Queen's choice/Vestian Dynasty. Those are harder to use, especially on targets with lateral movement, but at least there's something for me to compensate and adjust for. I can lead a target and still land shots effectively.

So you agree that realism would make for a more satisfying gameplay experience?

• Options
    edited September 2016
    tumblr_nzff13BPCc1rrgaxgo1_500.jpg

Cover art contest winners - Game Informer.
    cerezo-final-layout-800px.jpg
    moncus-final-layout-800px.jpg
    rivera-final-layout-800px.jpg

Sirialis on
  • Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    Yeah running CoE to complete the card takes very little time overall if you grab a team of PAers.

But in better news I got the Golgoroth Fragment which seems like the hardest one? Now I need Oryx and Warpriest.

You still have Piggy. You all still have Piggy! Just not for that Saturday raid. Far too early :P

Speaking of, we're going to try it tonight (round 7 central or later) and need a third.

Oh, and I might cancel that raid. Only one person joined. Might try to say up a PA raid for next Saturday.

In my defense. The better-half claimed the tv for Archer. Who am I to argue?

[PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options

In my defense. The better-half claimed the tv for Archer. Who am I to argue?

...that is a good use of a tv.

• Options
    hlprmnkyhlprmnky Registered User regular
    Legend of Six Coyotes looks ...really, really good with FWC gear. I may not take it off until I need my Hunter to have a RoI-relevant light level.

_
    Your Ad Here! Reasonable Rates!
  • Options
    Booker wrote: »
    Khraul wrote: »

So you agree that realism would make for a more satisfying gameplay experience?

I agree that uniform level of realism would be more satisfying. I mean, if we're being honest the gunplay in Destiny is arcady... it's not at all realistic from a ballistic sense. It's space magic gunplay and it's hands down the best I've ever played in any game ever because it hits the right balance on the Simulation|Arcade gunplay spectrum.

That said, given that three of four weapon types basically hit what you aim at when you aim at it, it seems dumb to me to have the fourth type enable some weird RNG mechanic to determine hits and misses.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Omg omg omg OMG omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg

I did it

I did it

I did it

We did it

Omg omg OMG

Fully legit

• Options
    Lighthouse?!

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    That's awesome. You're awesome.

• Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    Anyone interested in helping me get to 7 wins/trial bounties? Figure I better try before those drops go away.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    edited September 2016

I did it

I did it

I did it

We did it

Omg omg OMG

Fully legit

Fuck yea.

mosssnack on
    XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    But yes, lost our mercy at 6, I think to people who seemed to be lag switching. Two pretty good teams at the end, but it seems like we really benefitted from a bigger population. Most were more or less just a bit above us stats wise.

Now to grinds for amudat ink.

• Options
    jjae2123jjae2123 Registered User regular
    Congrats!

• Options
    edited September 2016
    But yes, lost our mercy at 6, I think to people who seemed to be lag switching. Two pretty good teams at the end, but it seems like we really benefitted from a bigger population. Most were more or less just a bit above us stats wise.

Now to grinds for amudat ink.

Trials shaders have an atrociously low drop rate unfortunately, I had 0 to show after a year and a half, got both Abydos Common and Aaru's Passage a couple of months back.

Amduat Ink is the one I want the most though.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Yah. It is alleged that drop rate increases after 9 wins on your card. But that could just be people being mean and ruining dreams.

• Options
    Hey, does the elimination playlist have matchmaking? Cause that's what I'm on for Mountaintop right now.

• Options
    Elimination does, trials - which replaces elimination during the weekend trials schedule - does not.

Trials stills counts as elimination tho and also has some lucrative bounties.

• Options
    My LL is 316 at the highest, doubt I can do ToO,

• Options
    My LL is 316 at the highest, doubt I can do ToO,

You absolutely can. You will still get wrecked because jerks run stacked teams 24/7 but you can still do it, still grind out what you need for the mountaintop and still get your gold and silver bounties done (which will bump up your light level as well).

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular

I did it

I did it

I did it

We did it

Omg omg OMG

Fully legit

Congrats!

Few things in Destiny feel as good as a Lighthouse run! Always nice to see more people pull it off!
    What did Osiris give you by the way?

• Options
    I've set up a raid for the 10th since my other 2 don't even have even half the slots full.

https://www.the100.io/game/745957

PS4, 3 PM Central Start time.

• Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    Forgot to post this in here yesterday. Figured it might be fun to run the old raids before RoI comes out. Who wants to run through VoG tonight?

Join here: https://www.the100.io/game/745244

• Options

I did it

I did it

I did it

We did it

Omg omg OMG

Fully legit

Congrats!

Few things in Destiny feel as good as a Lighthouse run! Always nice to see more people pull it off!
    What did Osiris give you by the way?

The magic box gave me pariah gloves - with OK, not great rolls, a water star and a hard light and the kitty emblem, most important.

• Options
    Getting Pariah gear with shit rolls and perks are the stupidest shit ever.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Hey, anyone want to run Vault of Glass with me on XBone tonight? I've never done a raid before! https://www.the100.io/gaming_sessions/746064

• Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    Grifter wrote: »
    Forgot to post this in here yesterday. Figured it might be fun to run the old raids before RoI comes out. Who wants to run through VoG tonight?

I've never run VoG before, so I totally signed up for it when I saw it yesterday.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Anybody on the xbox side for a little trials action? I figured I'd run through the bounties on my characters to see if I can luck into a decent Doctrine (or just any Doctrine, I need to complete my bullet hose collection) and would rather not subject strangers from the the100 to how terrible I am :snap:

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    Grifter wrote: »

Do you mean to do all three raids starting at that time, or VoG then and then you will schedule a Crota's End at another time?

This discussion has been closed.