As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] Rise of Iron: "Wizirds are the worst. The WORST."

• Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    What guns are similar in archetype to the Ace of Spades? I love how it handles and do pretty well with it, but it definitely has pve perks. Was hoping to find something similar with pvp perks.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    What guns are similar in archetype to the Ace of Spades? I love how it handles and do pretty well with it, but it definitely has pve perks. Was hoping to find something similar with pvp perks.

Eyasluna, Lord High Fixer, Her Revenge, Finnala's Peril, Byronic Hero, Uffern, Imago Loop

Generally its thought that range rules all as far as hand cannons go, so you really want Rifled barrel (reinforced being a close second)

• Options
    BookerBooker Registered User regular
    However, it is not so much thought as known that range rules all. Especially under the garbage June balance.

• Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    Grifter wrote: »
    Forgot to post this in here yesterday. Figured it might be fun to run the old raids before RoI comes out. Who wants to run through VoG tonight?

Join here: https://www.the100.io/game/745244

Do you mean to do all three raids starting at that time, or VoG then and then you will schedule a Crota's End at another time?

Just VoG tonight. I'll schedule the other two later.

• Options

Eyasluna, Lord High Fixer, Her Revenge, Finnala's Peril, Byronic Hero, Uffern, Imago Loop

Generally its thought that range rules all as far as hand cannons go, so you really want Rifled barrel (reinforced being a close second)

Thanks for this. What about Gunsmith?

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Just from today, I'm thinking funny business.
    WzTvMtkl.jpg
    hnUWAQdl.jpg
    Why get better when you can cheat?
    CUJtl0kl.jpg
    Lucky for us that some people need more advantages than red bar demigod armor to succeed.

I'll be expecting quite a few more of these messages soon, at least Microsoft seems to do something about it. (I've gotten 6 of these messages and the only people I report on gamercards are from Trials)
    pavh0com.png

On the bright side, my Titan finally got his Trials legs (and gloves with faster melee and Pulse rifle reload+!) and completed his set! I think I have every part of the armors from year 2 now... Not completely certain that I have the Hunter chest, since I always use Tarantella.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    edited September 2016

Thanks for this. What about Gunsmith?

Uffern HC4 is from that archetype from the gunsmith (it shows a higher impact (87 v 81) than other guns in that archetype but it does the same damage)

A lot of people are waiting for one that is Trueshot/LuckintheChamber/Icarus or Outlaw/Rifled Barrel

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    shotgun frame delay nerf really needs to go.

oh? you dodged their attack and closed for the killing blow? nope!

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Same with super slow firing shotguns.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    Hey, anyone want to run Vault of Glass with me on XBone tonight? I've never done a raid before! https://www.the100.io/gaming_sessions/746064

I know I put this in super late so it's cool if ya'll have real business to do but I'll be on after 11 anyway running through strikes I haven't done yet if anyone wants to do some lower level dorking around.

I have a dumb question, if any of you have a minute: at what point should I start to think about the gear I have? Right now I'm just using whatever drops and equipping the things with the biggest numbers, no plan beyond that. Will that carry me to max level? Probably no, right? I was figuring that I'd work my way through all of the story stuff and then see where I was, does that make sense?

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Hey, anyone want to run Vault of Glass with me on XBone tonight? I've never done a raid before! https://www.the100.io/gaming_sessions/746064

I know I put this in super late so it's cool if ya'll have real business to do but I'll be on after 11 anyway running through strikes I haven't done yet if anyone wants to do some lower level dorking around.

I have a dumb question, if any of you have a minute: at what point should I start to think about the gear I have? Right now I'm just using whatever drops and equipping the things with the biggest numbers, no plan beyond that. Will that carry me to max level? Probably no, right? I was figuring that I'd work my way through all of the story stuff and then see where I was, does that make sense?
    For me, it was around LL 280 that I started having different viable options for some of my gear slots, I think.

• Options
    Thanks, I found a really good guide via Reddit that I just hadn't noticed before somehow, I've got a handle on what to do (play more level up duh).

• Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    Equipping whatever is rated the highest will get you through pretty much all of the sub Level 40 content and then some. Like cB, I started paying attention to stats and talents on gear when I started prepping for running the Kings Fall normal raid, which was around LL 280, but that was also before they expanded it to LL 335. You could probably get away with holding off worrying about stats until LL 300-310 these days.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    With me it wasn't really because I was prepping for the raid, everyone was running HM when I finally got around to getting the expansion. It was more that that was just when I actually had enough infusion fodder to have multiple pieces of the same type of gear with a high enough LL.
    Though, with the 1:1 infusion we have now you might reach that point earlier.

• Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    I got my Y2 MoT shirt!

But I also got this month's loot crate.

I'm very happy with my purchase.
    k3077rvb7tta.jpg

• Options
    What text did you go with for your MoT shirt?

• Options
    Trials kicked my ass today but it gave me a Water Star with Sureshot IS, Rangefinder and Third Eye.

• Options
    Forgot to post this in here yesterday. Figured it might be fun to run the old raids before RoI comes out. Who wants to run through VoG tonight?

Do you mean to do all three raids starting at that time, or VoG then and then you will schedule a Crota's End at another time?

Just VoG tonight. I'll schedule the other two later.

Im gonna have to bow out - getting super tired already so going past 1am isn't going to work tonight :(

I really want to do VoG too

• Options
    edited September 2016
    cB557 wrote: »

Time's Vengeance.

Because Guardians make their own fate.

ElementWrath on
  • Options

Time's Vengeace.

I hope you spelled it better when you ordered it.

:wink:

• Options
    Sirialis wrote: »

Time's Vengeace.

I hope you spelled it better when you ordered it.

:wink:

Trust me I spell checked it a bunch.

Fortunately I didn't order from my phone.

• Options
    I kinda wanna go with "here, after, And what came next." for mine, but if "Guardians make their own fate" wouldn't fit I doubt that would.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Wrong thread.

ElementWrath on
  • Options
    What?

• Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited September 2016
    We could use a few more people in the VoG raid tonight. We have three now. PS4 peeps unite!

Grifter on
  • Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    I'm slowly wrapping up the little things that I wanted to do before year 3 starts. Leveling my sunbreaker, picking up a few cosmetic pieces, etc.

Was finally able to check a big one off my list today...
    q2hkc5jex1dr.jpg

Pictured above is the grief that @radiation is not there with me.

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    We could use a few more people in the VoG raid tonight. We have three now. PS4 peeps unite!

I wanted badly to get in on this but I'm still out with the family. Won't be home for a bit yet.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    rndmhero wrote: »
    I'm slowly wrapping up the little things that I wanted to do before year 3 starts. Leveling my sunbreaker, picking up a few cosmetic pieces, etc.

Was finally able to check a big one off my list today...
    q2hkc5jex1dr.jpg

Pictured above is the grief that @radiation is not there with me.

:(
    Gah, I should get off my ass and start trying more.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    I need someone to carry me to the promised land. ;o;

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Any one PS4 side want to help me get 30k in PoE?

Edit nvm done!

JusticeforPluto on
  • Options
    I need someone to carry me to the promised land. ;o;

On an unrelated note, @Booker and @mosssnack have very broad and strong shoulders.

• Options
    mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    I may be stuck binge watching Stranger Things with the wife tonight.

I intend on getting on afterwards, but being on the west coast now makes that pretty dang late for some of you.

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • Options
    I like to actually think that I'm pretty good, as far as players go. I kinda imagine myself like mini-Booker.

• Options
    Salvage is still a really bad game mode.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    They are reworking salvage apparently. I suggest they make it that kills only count if the probe is active and you get a bonus to kill scores of your team has the active probe.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Yeah as is there's very little point to taking the probe first which makes matches just drag on.

Edit: I did all I could this weekend. Waiting for trials to end so I can play elimination and waiting for my last 3 fragments to show up. That's all I have left to do.

JusticeforPluto on
  • Options
    Boy, it sure is fun when a story mission dumps you in a cave full of continually respawning enemies and you're a hunter with no short range stuff with a shit.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Go on LFG and say you're looking to do trials for bounties and the mountaintop. People are always doing so.

• Options
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Go on LFG and say you're looking to do trials for bounties and the mountaintop. People are always doing so.

Hmmm, maybe.

Also someone tell me whats a good Sunbreaker build, cause Cauterize seems to do nothing now a days.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Boy, it sure is fun when a story mission dumps you in a cave full of continually respawning enemies and you're a hunter with no short range stuff with a shit.

What mission is this? And also, where did you get the idea that Hunters are bad at a certain combat range?

This discussion has been closed.