As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Schlitzkrieg 2016: In Seattle, Beer Drinks YOU

• JobiwanKenobiJobiwanKenobi Registered User regular
    Since we are heading south, I'm going to put in a plug for Engine House No. 9 Brewing... their wild ales are fantastic.

PAX Prime '09 - H1N(erd)1 Survivor - Never Forget (Your Hand Sanitizer)
    PAX Prime '14 Omeganaut - Result: KO in 3rd Round (Damn you, Super Avalanche 2!)
  • dm_magicdm_magic Registered User regular
    You guys are going to be white girl wasted. I wish I could join. :(

bn4KEyz.png
    I suppose that you could play along at home... but that's pretty much playing video games and drinking starting at 9am... not that there's anything wrong with that.

PAX Prime '14 Omeganaut - Result: KO in 3rd Round (Damn you, Super Avalanche 2!)
  • vespachicavespachica SeattleRegistered User regular
    That. Sounds. Awesome. Love the idea of going south.

ufq9gj8383nh.png

• PsiberianPsiberian Registered User regular
    Okay, tentative plan - subject to confirmation from the breweries/distilleries:

This year we're going to mix it up a bit and visit some distilleries along with the breweries. However, we'll be going SOUTH so a stop at Aesir Meadery will not happen (sorry guys!). But, But, But - we might be able to organize a tasting with @Psiberian at another location, so don't fret too much. We're also doing the long driving leg in the morning and will do stop offs as we make our way back to the city.

If we get enough people, we can get the big party bus with the video hookup again, but someone will need to bring a gaming laptop. Yes, you'll be able to drink on the bus. Your feedback is welcomed regarding the tentative plan laid out below:

7:30AM - breakfast at the Athenian, per our yearly tradition.
    9:00AM - bus leaves the Sheraton
    9:15AM - visit a downtown Seattle microdistillery (Probably Letterpress or 2Bar)
    10:00AM - visit a downtown Seattle brewery to load up on beer and sustenance for the road trip ahead (Probably Two Beers, but there's a lot to choose from)
    10:45PM - Drive to MOTHERFUCKING MOUNT RAINIER, BITCHES! It's a seriously gorgeous drive.
    12:00PM - visit Mt. Head Brewing in Graham
    2:00PM - visit Elk Head Brewing in Buckley
    4:00PM - visit Cockrell cidery in Puyallup
    5:30PM - visit Sidetrack distillery in Auburn, where they have an amazeballs large outdoor event space. Hopefully we'll have a tasting garden set up with a couple of other breweries/distilleries/meaderies/cideries, games, and general drunken debauchery. I'll see if we can get some sort of snacky happy hour thing or a salmon bake or something going on.

At this point we can stay at Sidetrack for a few hours and make maybe one more stop on the way back for dinner, or we could insert another stop in earlier during the day and wind up the last stop of the evening at Sidetrack, driving back to the Sheraton afterward. Food stops still need to be figured out.

Just a heads up @LexiconGrrl a distillery wouldn't be able to host a winery or brewery legally since they are different licenses/types of alcohol. (Stupid prohibition era laws still screwing us) the exception would be a "private party/tasting" but that would mean no sales from the visiting brewery/wineries. that may limit who can/is willing to come down for tastings.

camo_sig2.png
  • LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    Psiberian wrote: »
    Okay, tentative plan - subject to confirmation from the breweries/distilleries:

This year we're going to mix it up a bit and visit some distilleries along with the breweries. However, we'll be going SOUTH so a stop at Aesir Meadery will not happen (sorry guys!). But, But, But - we might be able to organize a tasting with @Psiberian at another location, so don't fret too much. We're also doing the long driving leg in the morning and will do stop offs as we make our way back to the city.

If we get enough people, we can get the big party bus with the video hookup again, but someone will need to bring a gaming laptop. Yes, you'll be able to drink on the bus. Your feedback is welcomed regarding the tentative plan laid out below:

7:30AM - breakfast at the Athenian, per our yearly tradition.
    9:00AM - bus leaves the Sheraton
    9:15AM - visit a downtown Seattle microdistillery (Probably Letterpress or 2Bar)
    10:00AM - visit a downtown Seattle brewery to load up on beer and sustenance for the road trip ahead (Probably Two Beers, but there's a lot to choose from)
    10:45PM - Drive to MOTHERFUCKING MOUNT RAINIER, BITCHES! It's a seriously gorgeous drive.
    12:00PM - visit Mt. Head Brewing in Graham
    2:00PM - visit Elk Head Brewing in Buckley
    4:00PM - visit Cockrell cidery in Puyallup
    5:30PM - visit Sidetrack distillery in Auburn, where they have an amazeballs large outdoor event space. Hopefully we'll have a tasting garden set up with a couple of other breweries/distilleries/meaderies/cideries, games, and general drunken debauchery. I'll see if we can get some sort of snacky happy hour thing or a salmon bake or something going on.

At this point we can stay at Sidetrack for a few hours and make maybe one more stop on the way back for dinner, or we could insert another stop in earlier during the day and wind up the last stop of the evening at Sidetrack, driving back to the Sheraton afterward. Food stops still need to be figured out.

Just a heads up @LexiconGrrl a distillery wouldn't be able to host a winery or brewery legally since they are different licenses/types of alcohol. (Stupid prohibition era laws still screwing us) the exception would be a "private party/tasting" but that would mean no sales from the visiting brewery/wineries. that may limit who can/is willing to come down for tastings.

Trust me, I know our distillery laws. This is a different circumstance than what you're thinking. I don't want to go in to the lengthy details here but I'll reach out to you soon.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    Deeeeeeeeeets.....

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

Three weeks..... *anticipation intensifies*

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    I'm going to need you to calm down.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • WalterFWalterF seattleRegistered User regular
    I'm actually working Thursday (8:30-5:30) but as long as this wraps up by 9 or 10, I'm interested.

I work at 7am (may push it to 8am that morning) the next day. IIRC it usually wraps by 10pm.

ufq9gj8383nh.png

QUESTION:
    Our first stop at 9:15 am will be a distillery. Do you want to have Bourbon, or limoncello?

QUESTION:
    Our first stop at 9:15 am will be a distillery. Do you want to have Bourbon, or limoncello?

Limoncello. An after-breakfast digestivo, as it were.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

WuShock wrote: »
    QUESTION:

Limoncello. An after-breakfast digestivo, as it were.

That's my inclination too. A light, sweet citrus liqueur in the morning seems apropos. However, I know there are some die-hard whiskey fans out there and the other distillery we're visiting in the afternoon does liqueurs so I think folks should weigh in on which they'd prefer in the morning. Both places are run by friends of mine so we'll have a great time either way.

edited August 2016
    Porque no los dos?

ETA: Maybe a choice?

But my vote would be limoncello.

vespachica on
    ufq9gj8383nh.png

vespachica wrote: »
    Porque no los dos?

There's only time for one stop.

• Baka AlBaka Al Registered User regular
    I'd probably go with the lighter Limencello.

edited August 2016
    Okay, OP is updated with the itinerary and a ticket link.

For lunch, we'll be ordering sack lunches from Take5 Urban Market, which is the place we ordered from in 2013 (when we toured Ballard). They won't have their sandwich options ready until tomorrow, but I didn't want to wait another day to get the ticket link up. If you sign up before the menu choices are available, I'll reach out to you individually to get your order later.

Last note: If we get 25 people, the ticket price will land at $88 per person. If we get less than 25, the price will go up. Instead of potentially asking people to pay more, I've set the ticket price at $100 so that I can give you money BACK if we hit our quota.

LexiconGrrl on
    WalterF wrote: »
    I'm actually working Thursday (8:30-5:30) but as long as this wraps up by 9 or 10, I'm interested.

We will, in fact, wrap up around 8.

Can I assume that the teams are as follows?

Team 1 - Mystic (Because team Mystic is #1... in case anyone was wondering...)
    Team 2 - Valor
    Team 3 - Instinct
    Team 4 - F*ck Pokemon Go, I'm here for BEER!

Can I assume that the teams are as follows?

Team 1 - Mystic (Because team Mystic is #1... in case anyone was wondering...)
    Team 2 - Valor
    Team 3 - Instinct
    Team 4 - F*ck Pokemon Go, I'm here for BEER!

I was thinking either Pokemon or Russian Cold War theme.

• DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • DasJesterDasJester Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Paid and ready to get my beer on!

Hey guys - the google form glitched out on me and didn't show the lunch option for Meatloaf Sandwich until just now. If anyone wants that instead, just shoot me a PM.

Fuck Mystic. (Love you Jobiwan)
    #TeamWine for tonight anyway.
    Can't wait. Can't believe I haven't been to one of these since the first. WTAF.

ufq9gj8383nh.png

Counterbalance has a beer named Bad Wolf?!?!? AWESOME.

ufq9gj8383nh.png

• PsiberianPsiberian Registered User regular
    #Bourbon

camo_sig2.png
    Pokemon Shittalk between @vespachica and @jobiwankenobi has begun already and they're not even drinking together yet.

The shittalking seems rather one-sided so far but I suppose that is fairly normal between loud mouthed me and quiet but stealthy jobiwan.

ufq9gj8383nh.png

The shittalking seems rather one-sided so far but I suppose that is fairly normal between loud mouthed me and quiet but stealthy jobiwan.

He's shittalking, believe me.

LOLZ

Can't wait.

#TeamValor

#GottaCatchEmAll

ufq9gj8383nh.png

So, back to the Schlitzkrieg:

Am I understanding correctly that tasting fees are on us and not included in the $100? I'm not complaining - I'm clarifying.

ufq9gj8383nh.png

So, back to the Schlitzkrieg:

Am I understanding correctly that tasting fees are on us and not included in the $100? I'm not complaining - I'm clarifying.

Yes, you are correct.

OK, good to know! Mental note: bring cash moneys.

ufq9gj8383nh.png

Found in the comments section of the signup form:

"This is by far the most badass pre-con event I've ever seen...Bring on the beer and geekdom!"

<3<3<3

We're about 50% full! We need about another dozen people to sign on to make the bus affordable, so if you're thinking of going you totally should. It's a great time.

• WalterFWalterF seattleRegistered User regular
    Between this and The Triwizard Drinking Tournament, I'm not sure if I'm going to be alive to enjoy the con.

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Alive? Yes.

Coherent? Ehhhhhhhhhh

wWuzwvJ.png
  • BrandobarisBrandobaris SeattleRegistered User regular
    Wish we could go this year, but my wife and I can't get the time off work. Definitely next year though.

PSN: Brandobaris
    3DS: 0817-4905-9201
    XBL: Brandobaris
  • AdriaAdria CanadaRegistered User regular
    Is there enough to do for a non-beer drinker for this trip to be worthwhile?

I'm sold on this, but my husband isn't sure. He's open to trying a few brews, but beer and him don't generally get along. He'll be happy at the cidery, and any pub that has ciders as an option...