As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Schlitzkrieg 2016: In Seattle, Beer Drinks YOU

• WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    Put me down for option B.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

Rounding up my GameCube/Wii games, we will have at least the following available for the bus:
    MarioKart Double Dash
    MarioKart Wii
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl
    New Super Mario Bros.
    Super Mario Strikers
    Lego Star Wars
    NBA Jam

And of we want to slow it down and do some single-player, pass-the-controller action:
    Every Zelda except Link To The Past and Windwaker
    Viewtiful Joe

All assuming the Wii will work with the bus electrical system, of course.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• vespachicavespachica SeattleRegistered User regular
    That's awesome because when I get buzzed I like to think I am good at vid-ee-yoh games.

ufq9gj8383nh.png

• LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    tehKellz wrote: »
    I have a Pi 2 and Pi 3 and 2 snes style controllers, and I'm fairly confident I could run at least the pi 2 off a battery pack. Should I bring them? A real console would probably be better, but they do have HDMI out. I also have a portable speaker that can take a 3.5mm jack input, and component audio -> 3.5mm adapters - I can bring that regardless if an audio solution is needed for any other system.

For tabletop-sans-table I have Funemployed (similar to CAH, kinda), love letter and sushi go I think could all work. I'm almost sure Cash n guns could work but that's a big box to lug to Seattle for me. Welcome to the Dungeon is pretty good and doesn't take much space either - but would probably benefit from a table.

I also bought Super Smash Bros for 3ds just for the pax trip, so if anyone wants an easy win or three I'll have my 3DS.

Audio isn't that big of a deal - the bus is pretty loud, and the speaker would have to be cranked WAY up. Let's pass on the audio.

As far as bringing gaming stuff, we'll have two systems on board already. On one hand, it's great to have multiple options but on the other hand, it would suck if you brought it all the way out and we didn't use it. So with that in mind, it's totally up to you. Keep in mind that there's no storage racks or shelves or under seat storage on the bus, so the system would need to live in a fairly sturdy and compact box or bag of some sort that would be kept at your feet or propped up on the bench behind your head.

@WuShock - also please note the storage/equipment care mentioned above.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
    With gaming laptop in tow, @JobiwanKenobi will be bringing Tumblestone so I can fuck you all up. ALL OF YOU. BRING IT.

• Baka AlBaka Al Registered User regular
    I can almost picture the pure carnage of pass the pad drunken viewtiful Joe..and it's wonderful!

In regards to the tour option, got to be option B for me.

• AdriaAdria CanadaRegistered User regular
    Question for everybody: Because the last stop is being shuffled around a bit, there's a chance the tour could end up an hour earlier than planned (not due to cancelling the last stop, but because it might be closer to town and we'd gain a bunch of travel time).

Do you want to:
    A) Wind up the tour around 7:00 instead of 8:00
    -or-
    B) Take a midday detour up to a scenic viewpoint somewhere around Mount Rainier?

B!

Especially if we're paying the same amount for the bus either way.

• DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    Will that midday detour up to a scenic viewpoint have ice cream like last year? Not super important since I'm still in for option B, but ice cream.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
    Decius wrote: »
    Will that midday detour up to a scenic viewpoint have ice cream like last year? Not super important since I'm still in for option B, but ice cream.

Funny you should mention that, because I've been trying to work an ice cream stop in. The scenic detour won't have ice cream, as we'll be in a more remote area than last year. But I'm looking at our stops to see if anyone will - or would - have some on hand.

• WalterFWalterF seattleRegistered User regular
    I vote B.

I work Thursday but my coworkers are counting on me rolling in under-rested and hung over. I'd hate to disappoint.

• tehKellztehKellz Registered User regular
    Fill that time up. :) B

• locutos359locutos359 Registered User regular
    Let's do B. I know we are gamers in Seattle, but sunshine is good too while we can get it :P

edited August 2016
    Okay, so I have a run out to Federation Forest State Park planned. There is, in fact, a gnome village there. Because the bus is hourly and we don't want to go past our 8pm dropoff time, we have a couple of choices regarding the park and regarding ice cream.

a - Both) We go to the national park, take a 20 minute break to run around and chill in the Forest of Endor, then continue on to ice cream. BUT this means that when the bus drops us off for dinner, we may have to either have a shortened dinner, or the bus heads back early and anyone who wants to stay later takes the metro (public bus) back to the Sheraton. If we choose this option, I'll be sure to schedule dinner at a place where the bus is a single, one-shot to downtown.

b - Choose) we choose between stopping in the park or stopping for ice cream, and end up back at the Sheraton by 8pm.

LexiconGrrl on
    b. Park, not ice cream.

ufq9gj8383nh.png

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    WuShock wrote: »
    As an aside, if there's a component-to-HDMI converter, I could bring the GameCube which would give us access to Mario Kart: Double Dash.

For future reference, Monoprice sells a component to HDMI converter for $40. Also a composite to HDMI one for $50.

• Baka AlBaka Al Registered User regular
    vespachica wrote: »
    b. Park, not ice cream.

I agree fully with this, if only time for one fully, then got to be park

As much as I like ice cream, I don't like being rushed for dinner. I take option B.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
    Hey! Last stop confirmation was just received (I hope this one doesn't cancel like the last two did). We now have a dinner stop!

Be sure to read the paragraph under the photo, but first - here's where we're landing for dinner. SWEET, right?! It's on Alki Point, the historic pioneer beach for Seattle settlers.
    west_sea_brew_s8k963.jpg

So here's the way it'll work this year. I wasn't able to find any appropriate dinner spots in the South Sound area that we're touring, so we'll be traveling diagonally across dense metro areas right in the middle of rush hour to get back to have dinner in the city at a location close to downtown. There's a chance that we'll be delayed by traffic and will arrive at dinner without the full 90 minutes left to eat. However, the dinner location is RIGHT on the beach, it's worth the risk, and it's a straight shot to downtown by either water taxi or by bus.

The bus will leave Alki and head back to the Sheraton at 7:45pm regardless. Folks will be welcome to come back on the bus, or stay longer and bus/uber/water taxi back later on their own. I have to tell you - the sunset from Alki is pretty amazing. So if - worse case scenario - we arrive there at 7:30, the bus will turn right back around and head back to the Sheraton fifteen minutes later (but there's also plenty of great dinner options downtown).

The brewery can't reserve seats for us, but they have lots of indoor and outdoor seating and there are loads of restaurants in every direction. People will be free to wander and pick what they want to do with their time. On a Wednesday, it shouldn't be terribly busy.

Water taxi won't be an option, unfortunately, as it looks like the last one leaves W.S. at 7pm. But taking Metro W.S. to downtown is fairly easy.

ufq9gj8383nh.png

Personally, I'm looking forward to the possibility of sitting in a traffic jam, and for the first time in my life, being able to do what I've always wanted to in that situation and have a drink and let someone else handle it.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

Ooooh an ocean sunset. I like to see how it compares to the red fire of a Canadian prairie sunset.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
    Decius wrote: »
    Ooooh an ocean sunset. I like to see how it compares to the red fire of a Canadian prairie sunset.

Technically not ocean, since you're separated from the pacific by a mountain range, but still saltwater.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
    Oh look, a certain jersey from a certain team has found it into my day pack. @WuShock will be pleased.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • rachaelmikarachaelmika Registered User regular
    Just bought a ticket! See everybody tomorrow (:

Just bought a ticket! See everybody tomorrow (:

You're all set up. Welcome aboard!

• dm_magicdm_magic Registered User regular
    Next year, I'm definitely going to do this with you all.

bn4KEyz.png
    dm_magic wrote: »

And you shall be welcome, sir.

Actually, what time do you land tomorrow?

• dm_magicdm_magic Registered User regular

I drive up from Portland at 4pm-ish, so will probably be in town around 8pm-ish, which I believe is when you all finish your trip. Now, if you all are still hanging out, and perhaps was to continue the fun with some board games or D&D, I can meetup. Though I assume most of you will be pretty smashed.

:)

bn4KEyz.png

I drive up from Portland at 4pm-ish, so will probably be in town around 8pm-ish, which I believe is when you all finish your trip. Now, if you all are still hanging out, and perhaps was to continue the fun with some board games or D&D, I can meetup. Though I assume most of you will be pretty smashed.

:)

Yeah, that's kinda late. I was hoping you were flying in earlier and we could pick you up. Bummer. Next year!

• KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    You kids be careful out there today, y'hear?

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• rachaelmikarachaelmika Registered User regular
    Thank you for organizing everything Lexi! I had an amazing time. You're the best! (:

• PsiberianPsiberian Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    8ghny2fmhiq3.jpg
    Another sun sets on the kreig, cheers everyone i enjoyed drinking with all of you very much.

Psiberian on
    camo_sig2.png
    If you've got photos, please post them!

• AdriaAdria CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Let's see if I can figure out this photo posting thing on my phone...

And my phone doesn't seem to want to cooperate right now. Maybe I'll try uploading some via photobucket later.

Adria on
    edited September 2016
    9ghpcm8fpy4f.jpeg
    fgt6fin8dx0o.jpeg
    1x2d6jes21lb.jpeg
    57db7o829bg3.jpeg
    5kvb3bvx38ef.jpeg

LexiconGrrl on
  • DasJesterDasJester Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Here are all the pics I took....beer affected camera shots apparently lol. Thanks to everyone for the awesome time and hope to do this again next year.
    rrva6i2s0pf5.jpg
    j7f5y60h8utg.jpg
    rden6893fgwx.jpg
    9o8rp5b72wb2.jpg
    9u84l2xyeqlx.jpg
    r8s7175avskq.jpg
    p7b1g3rhhpqw.jpg
    g69oy2844zjd.jpg
    3cups7e7cead.jpg
    qlcrdkuabt4x.jpg
    2upnrzau3a66.jpg
    a3jaaxydwo1a.jpg