As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[x] Pre-PAX Boardgame Night (official)

2»

• nevermore13nevermore13 Registered User regular
    @RILMS how does the Canadian edition of cah differ?

• RILMSRILMS North BayRegistered User regular
    More mentions of Air Canada, the CBC, Stephen Harper, things like that :)

OtyHMcu.jpg
  • punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    @RILMS how does the Canadian edition of cah differ?

Syrupy sex with a maple tree.

HI3789R.png
    Well, that just goes without saying! :D lol

OtyHMcu.jpg
  • KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Looks like I will be bringing:
    Exploding kittens
    Love letter
    Citadels
    Quiddler
    Harbour
    Coup
    Hanabi
    Patchwork
    Android: Mainframe
    Betrayal at House on the Hill
    Battlestar Galactica
    Alien Frontiers + Factions
    Codenames
    Broom Service
    Karuba
    Orleans
    Mythotopia

Edit: Oh, and found room to throw 7 Wonders + Leaders in.

Khadour on
    Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• RedwingedblackbirdRedwingedblackbird Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Adria wrote: »
    RussB wrote: »
    Will anyone be running a Game of Thrones or BattleStar Galactica game? I only marginally know how to play, and have been unsuccessful in years past with stumbling upon one I could join. Would love to secure a seat, and have 2 more players coming with me if we need more.

@Redwingedblackbird can usually be relied upon to run a BSG game. RWBB- confirm or deny?

I might be able to run a game of BSG, if someone has a copy there (I'm not lugging our copy down - I need room to bring stuff home!).

While things could change, we're currently planning to attend this event. I don't think we'll be bringing many games with us, maybe 1 or 2 normal sized games and a few small ones.

I'm bringing BSG and probably Firefly, Star Wars Rebellion, and Star wars X-Wing as well.

• LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    Event Setup has begun.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • RedwingedblackbirdRedwingedblackbird Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I'll be there around 5 with Battlestar Galactica, Firefly, and Star Wars X-Wing :) Hoping to run Battlestar but we'll see...

• ToddRussellToddRussell Registered User regular
    Setting up a game of Secret Hitler at table #2 for anyone that is interested.

• RealPlumpBoxRealPlumpBox Burlington, CTRegistered User regular
    How is the crowd. I'm sitting in my apartment and debating on whether to drive in. If it's a good size I can bring Secret Hitler, Boss Monster, Little Drop of Poison, Time Jocky, Epic Spell Wars. Keep in mind I have not played most of them yet so I would need help from vets of others to help with how to play. Thanks!!!!

How is the crowd. I'm sitting in my apartment and debating on whether to drive in. If it's a good size I can bring Secret Hitler, Boss Monster, Little Drop of Poison, Time Jocky, Epic Spell Wars. Keep in mind I have not played most of them yet so I would need help from vets of others to help with how to play. Thanks!!!!

The crowd is good, but we also have quite a few libraries here this year. I'd say grab one and come on down to play!

• TheGameGuruTheGameGuru Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    @ToddRussell Awesome playing Secret Hitler with you... that last game was incredible! Glad I redeemed myself (although you hippie liberals would've preferred it end the other way). Hope we can get another game in before the weekend is over.

PS: Thanks to everybody who makes this amazing event happen!

TheGameGuru on
    I had a lot of fun playing, but I think I left a blue water bottle with black duct tape on it by table 10.

Who could I talk to about that?

Thanks again!

OtyHMcu.jpg
  • jukkakhanjukkakhan Registered User regular

Thanks for hosting! Great game and greater group.

PimDtoK.png
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    @ToddRussell Awesome playing Secret Hitler with you... that last game was incredible! Glad I redeemed myself (although you hippie liberals would've preferred it end the other way). Hope we can get another game in before the weekend is over.

Yes it was fun! Thanks for letting me join in

• sqizRoxsqizRox Mountain Goat Central Valley, California, USARegistered User regular

jukkakhan wrote: »

Phyphor wrote: »

Quiet guy with black shirt and green jacket here. I had a blast. Thank you for the fun time.

• kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    An excellent night was had once again. I played and taught Codinca, Hanabi and Kakerlarken Poker and also suffered Flux (ugh)

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

RILMS wrote: »
    I had a lot of fun playing, but I think I left a blue water bottle with black duct tape on it by table 10.

Thanks again!

Call the Sheratons' Lost and Found.

RILMS wrote: »

Thanks again!

Call the Sheratons' Lost and Found.

I spoke with them, but didn't have it. They suggested I go to the infi booth to check.

OtyHMcu.jpg
  • MetricalSkyMetricalSky Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular
    kropotkin wrote: »
    An excellent night was had once again. I played and taught Codinca, Hanabi and Kakerlarken Poker and also suffered Flux (ugh)

Thank you for teaching Codinca to me! I really enjoyed it.

ItrVoTt.png
  • ToddRussellToddRussell Registered User regular
    sqizRox wrote: »

jukkakhan wrote: »

Phyphor wrote: »

Quiet guy with black shirt and green jacket here. I had a blast. Thank you for the fun time.

I'm glad everyone enjoyed playing, whether you were trying to further the liberal agenda, or the damn, dirty fascist agenda. I've had more fun playing with a larger group, as there is much more room for deception and mistrust (I'm looking at you, @TheGameGuru...)

We're planning on heading over to the Olive 8 this afternoon, and winding down in the tabletop area of the convention center this evening. I'll make sure to have my nephew pack a copy of the game with him, as we are both ready for another round of hidden roles and half truths.

• SolelronSolelron Wandering Gamer Cornelius, ORRegistered User regular
    I felt so bad for not making it this year..but my pre con meeting went long...Sorry @LexiconGrrl I will see you next year!

• alchahestalchahest Edmonton, CanadaRegistered User regular
    my friend and I got into town after will call closed - we tried to ask about joining the games but the people at the desk kept talking to the people behind us like we were invisible. after four people jumped ahead of us we just went back to our hotel and didn't go back to the sheraton all weekend. probably the only sour spot of the whole trip.

alchahest wrote: »
    my friend and I got into town after will call closed - we tried to ask about joining the games but the people at the desk kept talking to the people behind us like we were invisible. after four people jumped ahead of us we just went back to our hotel and didn't go back to the sheraton all weekend. probably the only sour spot of the whole trip.

That sucks, I'm really sorry that happened. I'm sure it was some sort of misunderstanding but still, I apologize that you had a bad experience. We try hard to be an inclusive, welcoming event and that's not the normal introduction. I hope you give it another shot next year. :(

oh we definitely will. we're flying in instead of driving so we should be able to hit will call earlier in the day, too.

• WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular

That sucks, I'm really sorry that happened. I'm sure it was some sort of misunderstanding but still, I apologize that you had a bad experience. We try hard to be an inclusive, welcoming event and that's not the normal introduction. I hope you give it another shot next year. :(

Did I do this? Please tell me I didn't do this.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

WuShock wrote: »

Did I do this? Please tell me I didn't do this.

It doesn't really matter who it was (it may have been me, who knows?) it could have been a misunderstanding, or a mis-reading of body language or whatever. There were a bunch of us staffing the table that night and sometimes we get a little excited/distracted/taken up in seeing our friends, the crowd, the excitement of PAX, etc... it's easy to forget that some people are new, and remembering to staff the Info table thoughtfully is on all of us.

• kravexkravex Registered User new member
    This was my first PAX and first pre-PAX board gaming event and I had to say it was a blast! Shout out to Table 49 ;) Played some Takenoko, Tiny Epic Galaxies and Secret Hitler after being given it to try. Thanks for organizing and see you next year!

It's me again!
    just got my tickets for this year, I'm going to come play some board games with my fellow trip-mates this year!

This is last year's thread, so to avoid any cross-thread duplication confusion, @zerzhul , please close this thread.

A 2017 thread will be up presently.

This discussion has been closed.