As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Homestuck]: Turns out the ride NEVER ends

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Do you perhaps have the exact subject line of an email you sent to yourself? Like right at the beginning of your current email's inbox?

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Ugh. This sucks.

My computer apparently remembers my login, which I don't even know how that's possible (e: oh, it's logging me in via facebook), but I can't get any further than this without it asking for my password

08scpile87jm.png

... I spent $380 on this??????

Idea!

If you still have the phone you were using at the time, dig it up, charge it, and see if it's got your email info saved on it.

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Downloaded Act 1 but I can't play it until tomorrow. It's good to be back, Homestuck thread. This is fun.

• Options
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    That... probably took a while to script.

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    That... probably took a while to script.

No wonder the game took so long

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    It wouldn't take too long. Relatively speaking.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    the amount of time it took is directly proportional to the number of inventory items there are

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    I've finished Hiveswap Act 1

Now to wait approximately one century for Act 2

LET THE HOMESTUCK/HIVESWAP THEORIZING RE-COMMENCE
    So this story takes place in like a sideverse timeline right? Where it none of the universe creation or world ending events of the Homestuck series occurs? At least not in the universes or at least not on the worlds in question. So Joey and Jude are Jake's kids, but he married someone named A. Claire? And I could be wrong but it seems like the Heiress is probably Meenah Peixes? Could be a new Fuschablood but given her style and the Threedent she's fond of it seems likely. I wonder if this friend of X dude is going to be a high-ish blood, and/or if they're going to have something in common with a Troll we know.

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    YggiDeeYggiDee The World Ends With You Shill Registered User regular
    Spoilery response:
    I'm not certain if it's a full on AU or if it just takes place before the events of Homestuck in the regular universe. Specifically it's November 11 1994, so John hasn't made his violent meteor arrival, and neither has Karkat & co. The Heiress is Trizza Tethis

• Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    i uh, i just started playing Hiveswap.

this game is pretty gorgeous, the backgrounds are detailed. maybe that's where the time went?

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    tinauntinaun Registered User regular
    i mean keep in mind the game basically started development three separate times. the game we got only started to be developed in earnest around december '15

(hopefully the other acts are out faster though)

• Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    discrider wrote: »
    Do you perhaps have the exact subject line of an email you sent to yourself? Like right at the beginning of your current email's inbox?

What? No. Do you know something I don't? Are you assumming I have a forwarding system set up? Because I did, but that stopped in 2015.
    rhylith wrote: »
    Ugh. This sucks.

My computer apparently remembers my login, which I don't even know how that's possible (e: oh, it's logging me in via facebook), but I can't get any further than this without it asking for my password

08scpile87jm.png

Idea!

If you still have the phone you were using at the time, dig it up, charge it, and see if it's got your email info saved on it.

I did not own a smartphone until long after I stopped using that email.

Somestickguy on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I've finished Hiveswap Act 1

Now to wait approximately one century for Act 2

LET THE HOMESTUCK/HIVESWAP THEORIZING RE-COMMENCE
    So this story takes place in like a sideverse timeline right? Where it none of the universe creation or world ending events of the Homestuck series occurs? At least not in the universes or at least not on the worlds in question. So Joey and Jude are Jake's kids, but he married someone named A. Claire? And I could be wrong but it seems like the Heiress is probably Meenah Peixes? Could be a new Fuschablood but given her style and the Threedent she's fond of it seems likely. I wonder if this friend of X dude is going to be a high-ish blood, and/or if they're going to have something in common with a Troll we know.
    i think all of the empresses use the trident, it's just their ceremonial weapon

my understanding of it is that it's the troll equivalent of the 90s, and this heiress is going to end up dying, making feferi the heiress apparent by the time of hivebent. feferi is still a grub in some brooding cavern at the moment

• Options
    Man, Dad Jake English is a real piece of shit.

And Joey seems to also love her some blue ladies.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    discrider wrote: »

What? No. Do you know something I don't? Are you assumming I have a forwarding system set up? Because I did, but that stopped in 2015.
    Ugh. This sucks.

08scpile87jm.png

Idea!

I did not own a smartphone until long after I stopped using that email.

I was thinking that you may have used the locked email to create a second email to create a third email and so on until your current email.
    That tends to leave a period where you're forwarding or sending emails from your previous email to your current email.

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Pretty early spoiler:
    THE LONE GUNBIRDS got me in a way that pretty much only Homestuck can.

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    So their babysitter, Roxy, would have to be in her mid-late teens or early 20's at this point to be old enough by Homestuck time to be in her 30's. I don't know how I feel about this being a straight up prequel to Homestuck.

For one thing, it sort of renders any concerns about the long-term fate of Alternia and Earth in this timeline rather moot. Also sort of raises the question of what's going to happen to all these characters we're getting so attached to, since in 15 years the world is going to be rendered pretty much lifeless by meteors

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options

Pfft.
    Green key on campfire poster has no interaction text.

• Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    Larlar wrote: »
    BlueBlue The process has begun.

...the process has also almost concluded. I had a very productive day, by which I mean I'm sunburned and both my legs are no longer working.

Larlar did your legs recover

Yes, even though I'm continuing to drag my feet. (Ha ha! Jokes!) Life is hectic right now, excuses etc.

I haven't forgotten. I know this is probably annoying. Everything will be wrapped up and posted soon. In the meantime, who's next? I only have a few more photos to take but I can certainly mail him onward before I even put up the new CD installation.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    So their babysitter, Roxy, would have to be in her mid-late teens or early 20's at this point to be old enough by Homestuck time to be in her 30's. I don't know how I feel about this being a straight up prequel to Homestuck.

For one thing, it sort of renders any concerns about the long-term fate of Alternia and Earth in this timeline rather moot. Also sort of raises the question of what's going to happen to all these characters we're getting so attached to, since in 15 years the world is going to be rendered pretty much lifeless by meteors
    It's a very EU kind of writing, where this whole other story is taking place in the margins of the original story

It feels a little goofy and contrived but the core of the writing is solid enough for me to forgive it

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    BlueBlue The process has begun.

...the process has also almost concluded. I had a very productive day, by which I mean I'm sunburned and both my legs are no longer working.

Larlar did your legs recover

Yes, even though I'm continuing to drag my feet. (Ha ha! Jokes!) Life is hectic right now, excuses etc.

I haven't forgotten. I know this is probably annoying. Everything will be wrapped up and posted soon. In the meantime, who's next? I only have a few more photos to take but I can certainly mail him onward before I even put up the new CD installation.

I nominate speed racer on the basis of he just posted

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    It's going to take me a while to get through this

Gonna waste so much time using every item on every object

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    to say that Game Over didn't matter/mean anything is a really uncharitable and silly read of it tbh

Yeah, probably.

I haven't really read the surrounding updates for years.

I just remember being vaguely disappointed.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    So is this good

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Is it longer than 10 minutes?

• Options
    About 2-3 hours

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    ZibblsnrtZibblsnrt Registered User regular
    I thought I was prepared for how much of a childhood flashback the bedroom would give me, but I was apparently not.

(Pogo balls were awesome.)

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    I'm glad Hiveswap lets me recreate the classic Homestuck experience of switching to another character and messing around instead of progressing the plot.
    So the hint function guy is probably Doc Scratch, right? He refers to Alternia as "his neighborhood".

I was not expecting that game over sequence for dawdling around when running to the attic. Geeeze. D:

• Options
    I beat Act 1, although I think I might run through it again and get some of the achievements I missed. I thought I was thorough but apparently I missed a bunch of stuff.

It was really good! I'm a big fan of point and click adventures and Hiveswap didn't have any "use spider web on butterfly net" bullshit that I couldn't figure out. Moving around is a bit clunky but fairly typical for the genre.

(I had a Puppy Surprise when I was a kid)

• Options
    ZibblsnrtZibblsnrt Registered User regular
    Taya wrote: »
    I beat Act 1, although I think I might run through it again and get some of the achievements I missed. I thought I was thorough but apparently I missed a bunch of stuff.

It was really good! I'm a big fan of point and click adventures and Hiveswap didn't have any "use spider web on butterfly net" bullshit that I couldn't figure out. Moving around is a bit clunky but fairly typical for the genre.

Yeah, the only thing I really stalled out on was one of the items you use in the kitchen, just because I missed it mousing around for awhile. It definitely feels more like a story with puzzles involved rather than a puzzle with story elements, and I'm glad things balanced that way.

(I'm alarmed at how many of the toys I recognized in the house from my childhood. Hell, I still have my Teddy Ruxpin in the spare room, for some reason, even if he's buried under a small pile of Accrued Objects.)

• Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    Taya wrote: »

Oh god, Puppy Surprise was REAL?

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    It sure was! It's a toy dog and you tear open its stomach and haul out either three, four, or five puppies. I was lucky because mine had five puppies all crammed in there. It was a weird toy, especially when you put the puppies back into the dog at the end of the day.

• Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    A Humanimals shout out in the first room

nice

• Options
    It's been almost an hour and I can't leave the first room

Using every item on everything has unearthed some choice lines

• Options
    Thetheroo wrote: »

Check the far closet

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Using everything on everything appears to be the only way to get some achievements.
    Unless you got a walkthrough or something I guess.

discrider on
  • Options
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    Thetheroo wrote: »

Check the far closet

Oh, I found that almost immediately. I just had to use everything on everything else.

Really enjoying this so far, it feels like coming home.