As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Homestuck]: Turns out the ride NEVER ends

• Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    It's been almost an hour and I can't leave the first room

Using every item on everything has unearthed some choice lines
    Check the far closet

Oh, I found that almost immediately. I just had to use everything on everything else.

Really enjoying this so far, it feels like coming home.

Oh okay! I've just heard a lot of people weirdly having problems with that for some reason.

It's fun to use everything together

Later spoilers
    xywfev1t6z12.png

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular

Check the far closet

Oh, I found that almost immediately. I just had to use everything on everything else.

Oh okay! I've just heard a lot of people weirdly having problems with that for some reason.

Later spoilers
    xywfev1t6z12.png
    Byers has some choice interactions. My favorite are using him on the troll vent and using him on the troll microwave.

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I haven't received my email yet.

Is it supposed to take this long?

I hope they didn't send it to the email that my Kickstarter account had back when I backed the project.

• The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    They probably did and you should probably email them

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
    edited September 2017
    Actually, I was able to check that email, and it's not there.

Geez, unless I was still using my Yahoo mail at the time? That one's long gone. I'll send them a message.

edit:

OK. Sent them a message via the Kickstarter site. If I don't see a response by tomorrow, I'll send an email to the account sending the updates.

Enlong on
  • ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Oh no

(minor early spoilers)
    Nepeta

edit- Oh wait, maybe not actually Nepeta. I just saw a minor cat pun and instinctively panicked.

Thetheroo on
    edited September 2017
    Moth 13 wrote: »

Check the far closet

Later spoilers
    xywfev1t6z12.png
    Byers has some choice interactions. My favorite are using him on the troll vent and using him on the troll microwave.

Oh! I can't believe I forgot about the best interaction.
    Byers on the Piano.

Moth 13 on
  • EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    I'm still working my way through the game, but I'm having some tech issues. Some of the cutscenes just sort of freeze, then cut to the next bit afterwards. It's not preventing me from playing the game, but I'm missing out on good chunks of the humor. Is anyone else having that problem, or is my computer officially too old to play indie games now?

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    I had no problems.

Also, there was a news post!
    ANNOUNCEMENT ONE

Hiveswap has been released. You should go play it!

hiveswap_squarebanner.jpg

Huge thanks to the entire What Pumpkin Games team for all their hard work on this project. Everyone involved has much to be proud of. Personally, I think the game is VERY GOOD! Really, better than I imagined it would be when scribbling notes for it years ago. Credit is owed to the fans for their patience while the necessary time was taken to build a studio capable of making a game like this. And above all, credit is owed to the great team that brought it to life. If you happen to spot any contributors out in the wild, on social media or such, I hope you will extend your appreciation for what they have accomplished.

ANNOUNCEMENT TWO

What Pumpkin and Homestuck are partnering with Viz Media to work on a lot of cool stuff together in the future. This will include projects based on both the Homestuck and Hiveswap worlds. The possibilities are wide open, but here are a couple examples of things we know we're going to work on already...

Viz will begin releasing the Homestuck books again, starting next year. These will be nice new hardcover editions, and the plan is to just keep turning out volumes until the entire story is in print. Each volume will be full of my Secret Notes just like the previous ones were. Viz will also be involved in the release of the mysterious epilogue project I alluded to a while ago. Details on format, release date, etc, will remain undisclosed until further notice, but you can expect more information about that to surface next year too. I wanted to do something a little unusual for it, something existing outside the confines of the web story. Working with Viz struck me as good opportunity for this.

Aside from that, anything can happen. Take a look at the sorts of things Viz has already published or produced. These are all examples of things on the table for future consideration for either Homestuck or Hiveswap. I've got plenty of ideas, and so do they. Maybe you do too??

My mind still boggles about how many books there will wind up having to be, but on the other hand I look forward to finally having the Intermission in print.

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2017
    What the fuck, are people thinking Homestuck is good? In the damn Homestuck thread???

IT’S A TRICK! DON’T BE FOOLED!

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    So I found an efficient way of going through Homestuck thanks to VOXUS 'Lets Read Homestuck'. My friend and I ware gleeful being able to live our lives and go through Homestuck again with the goal of actually finish it. It was great, it was like the old days before the fandom got stupid with it.

But then we had this awful thought: What if Lets Read isn't done? With horror, we looked at the playlist and lo and behold....

not done....

FUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!

• DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    So I found an efficient way of going through Homestuck thanks to VOXUS 'Lets Read Homestuck'. My friend and I ware gleeful being able to live our lives and go through Homestuck again with the goal of actually finish it. It was great, it was like the old days before the fandom got stupid with it.

But then we had this awful thought: What if Lets Read isn't done? With horror, we looked at the playlist and lo and behold....

not done....

FUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!

I think they might have just disbanded somewhere in Act 6. Still, if you watch it that far it's be enough to get you reading on your own.

Beat it
    I really liked this. The writing was really on tone the whole time and I found something to laugh in every room. It seemed like it just flew by and I really want to play more.

This is a good Homestuck video game

• Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Actually, I was able to check that email, and it's not there.

Geez, unless I was still using my Yahoo mail at the time? That one's long gone. I'll send them a message.

edit:

OK. Sent them a message via the Kickstarter site. If I don't see a response by tomorrow, I'll send an email to the account sending the updates.

Have you tried searching for humble instead of homestuck? I was having probs until I did.

Got in contact with them, got the code, downloaded the game.

It's been quite a blast thus far. The writing's voice has been very much exactly like what I recall from the comic.

I've got myself stuck, though. (after the title-screen, third playable character)
    I'm trying to open the Sports Vault, but I need some sort of guide for the telekinesis lock. It suggests that the guide isn't in the rumpus room, but I can't find anything suitible in the hallway or respiteblock. I have the game manual and the microphone, and I can't find anything new to click on in the rooms I have access to.

It's been quite a blast thus far. The writing's voice has been very much exactly like what I recall from the comic.

I've got myself stuck, though. (after the title-screen, third playable character)
    I'm trying to open the Sports Vault, but I need some sort of guide for the telekinesis lock. It suggests that the guide isn't in the rumpus room, but I can't find anything suitible in the hallway or respiteblock. I have the game manual and the microphone, and I can't find anything new to click on in the rooms I have access to.
    Is it letting you go downstairs?

Nope. Says I need a weapon. I'd grab the bat, but it's stuck, and his TK isn't strong enough to pull it down.

Having said that, I haven't tried using the mic or the book on it. Maybe I can pry it off or bludgeon it off of the wall.

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular

Nope. Says I need a weapon. I'd grab the bat, but it's stuck, and his TK isn't strong enough to pull it down.

Having said that, I haven't tried using the mic or the book on it. Maybe I can pry it off or bludgeon it off of the wall.
    youre on the right track but you may have missed something in the bedroom

OK. Item found, progress made. Thanks.

edited September 2017
    alright! Cleared act 1. That was quite a good time. Looking forward to further chapters. I'm extremely liking the new characters in this game. Joey is great.

Check the far closet

Later spoilers
    xywfev1t6z12.png
    How did you get there without putting the batteries in the flashlight? I thought that that was a required thing to do the prior puzzles

Enlong on
    edited September 2017

Check the far closet

Later spoilers
    xywfev1t6z12.png
    How did you get there without putting the batteries in the flashlight? I thought that that was a required thing to do the prior puzzles
    You need D-type batteries for the flashlight, but there's a pair of E-type batteries you get out of a remote by the stairs so you can keep getting those sweet sweet battery interactions.

Moth 13 on

Check the far closet

Later spoilers
    xywfev1t6z12.png
    You need D-type batteries for the flashlight, but there's a pair of E-type batteries you get out of a remote by the stairs so you can keep getting those sweet sweet battery interactions.

Oh! Neat. Glad to see there's optional stuff I can go back and check out sometime.

Hey, look what's on the soundtrack

Check the far closet

Later spoilers
    xywfev1t6z12.png
    You also get an achievement for it.

2ohWien.png
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I am at my grandparents’ house and they have a little bag of those licorice Scottish terriers that I thought were just a joke and my mind exploded.

Let's face it, I'll buy this anyway, but I wonder if it'll be any different than the Volumes 1 & 2 I already have.

I am waiting for the Homestuck omnibus

ASimPerson wrote: »

Let's face it, I'll buy this anyway, but I wonder if it'll be any different than the Volumes 1 & 2 I already have.

Apparently there's updated commentary and I wouldn't be surprised if they edited out some of the old language that didn't age well.

2ohWien.png
    I am waiting for the Homestuck omnibus

It might fit on a bus.

rhylith wrote: »
    I am at my grandparents’ house and they have a little bag of those licorice Scottish terriers that I thought were just a joke and my mind exploded.

Update
    Ate one. It was alright.

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

Update
    Ate one. It was alright.

The real good candy is Salmiak.

Think soft black licorice covered in Ammonium Chloride.

Update
    Ate one. It was alright.

I was halfway to opening a new tab before I realized that when you had "Update" followed by a spoiler you were just keeping us appraised of your Scottie Dog situation.

Update
    Ate one. It was alright.

I was halfway to opening a new tab before I realized that when you had "Update" followed by a spoiler you were just keeping us appraised of your Scottie Dog situation.

It worked

Cross-posting from the Video Games Music Thread:
    A small orchestra performs the Final Pacifist Boss Theme of Undertale

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-0bnFYEtiY

• Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular

Apparently there's updated commentary and I wouldn't be surprised if they edited out some of the old language that didn't age well.

Holy fuck I forgot the original homestuck is almost a generation ago.

Holy fuck.

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Kai_San wrote: »

Holy fuck I forgot the original homestuck is almost a generation ago.

Holy fuck.

i mean seven years isn't a generation but it is a long time

Speed Racer on
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I thought it was 9. Wouldn't 10 years be considered a generation?

Whatever word would signify that basically it was long enough for a big societal change.

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    30 years is a generation. Officially. I mean technically by definition it can be a much shorter span of time if youre counting generations of a family but labeling things like gen x or baby boomers is generally considered to be around a 30 year time span.

10 years is a decade.

Bedlam on
    wait hold on

john's cargo shorts are colored in

does that mean that dave is wearing white jeans