As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Homestuck]: Turns out the ride NEVER ends

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    g0YyADJ.png

'Sup

IKknkhU.gif
  • DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    God Dammit Reddit

ZyeJY9v.png

Diplominator on
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    qjo2blx9wao6.png

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Homeswap thread I have been neglecting you lately (hopefully in a good way since you didn't have to put up with me???) but I have a question. A question about morals and ethics.

A few years ago my mum gave me and my siblings Fancy Santas for Christmas. They are as hideous as MSPA lore tells us and not even in a way that I can enjoy ironically.

So of course I just took mine out to take a photo then put them away again to stop uglying up my apartment. Then I shared the photo on the family Whatsapp to guilt the sibs into putting theirs out.

Now the morally dubious part:
    • My mum is really happy that I got my Fancy Santas out.
    • I live interstate so she will never know that I put them away again instantly.
    • However, I don't want to lie to my mum!
    • The Fancy Santas are like really obnoxious.

What should I do? Should I lie to my mum and let her keep her false happiness? Should I tell her the devastating truth?

(Leaving the Fancy Santas out isn't an option.)

broken image link
  • The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    lie

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Maybe this happens a lot and I just never noticed it before, but I just got an almost 12MB update to Undertale on Steam.

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular

It’s not extremely happening, to be honest

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
    tumblr_p0vgj9vlRq1ruddclo1_500.png

2ohWien.png
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    That's quite a thing to be thrilled about.

• masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    Hiveswap seems like (and i think already has in some senses) it's going to go quite a bit deeper into what troll society was really like for the average citizen in a way that's really interesting to me

It's already EXTREMELY sad

• Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    tumblr_p0igyzyV2C1ruddclo1_1280.png

tumblr_p19r0c7YA51ruddclo1_1280.png

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Hey Homestuck thread, I've been staying away because I still haven't gotten around to playing Hiveswap, but I miss you.

Anyway Amisia's paint is totally made from troll blood, right?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Skylla GOOD

Hey Homestuck thread, I've been staying away because I still haven't gotten around to playing Hiveswap, but I miss you.

Cutting off heads is harder than you'd think.

But it is rewarding.

edited December 2017
    if I remember correctly, historically, purple paint/dye/etc used to be extraordinarily expensive (basically available only to, and associated with, royalty), due to the horrendously expensive and time-consuming process of making it in the ancient world. It involves hunting down lots of tiny snails.

Anyway, I'm thinking that purple paint is also likely to be exceptionally rare on Alternia, but more because it's probably super illegal.

Enlong on
  • WyvernWyvern Registered User regular

As I recall, troll paint is made of smooshed up grubs who don't survive the trials of the Brooding Cavern.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
    Wyvern wrote: »

As I recall, troll paint is made of smooshed up grubs who don't survive the trials of the Brooding Cavern.

So yeah. OTOH, there's that bit about cutting off heads, so maybe she has different methods. Of course, that could be for a different artistic purpose than paint. Or she could just enjoy murder, unrelated to her artistic pursuits.

There's room for all sorts of murders on Alternia.

tumblr_p1mmtxBQ0J1ruddclo1_1280.png

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Moth 13 wrote: »
    tumblr_p1mmtxBQ0J1ruddclo1_1280.png

Polypa is stealing heavily from Dan McNinja here.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    God Dammit Reddit

ZyeJY9v.png

Is this Loss?

• DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    I prefer to think of it as mankind's gain.

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    @Daypigeon and i played through act 1 just now! it was really good!

uc3ufTB.png
  • DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    yeah! I had a lot of fun with hiveswap, though we managed to get stuck in dumb ways a couple of times

joey was pretty great throughout

i also extremely appreciated the lone gunmen carrier pigeons joke

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    oh btw i sent out a couple copies of the game for chrimbo so i had fun with them

243pa7z0om6s.png

qdekmxptq4x8.png

uc3ufTB.png
    tumblr_p1zt3gmzb11ruddclo1_1280.png

I don't quite understand the second point in Lynera's list. Is that a pun?

• Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    School shooting ?

There’s something called a bullet journal that is basically a mix between a diary and a planner

2ohWien.png
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Bullet journaling is sort of a fancy to-do list/diary/planner system that some people use to plan their days and keep productive.

Hollow point is a type of ammunition.

So I’m guessing she’s very meticulous on keeping track of things she needs to bullet every day.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • tinauntinaun Registered User regular
    this really hit my nostalgia buttons something hard

https://www.reddit.com/r/homestuck/comments/7od1h9/an_interview_with_gankro/

• BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    >>implying that these are his horns

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    So that's vriska right

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
    "Scott, just tell her the Elwurd"

• The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    uh no it says right there she's not vriska

duh

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated