As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The jigsaw puzzle thread.

13»

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    Before you ask, yes, someone did ask if they could advertise their erotic jigsaw puzzles in this thread

XaquinLost SalientDonovan PuppyfuckerReynoldsRainfallStraightziYaYaJoolanderDidgeridooBucketmanfacetiousVegemyte
  • chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Thank you, I was just about to ask that!

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    so, what's taking them so long?

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
    Mr FuzzbuttStraightziBucketman
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    gBAZ wrote: »
    I got a couple 1,000 piece puzzles for xmas.

And I also got some Metal Earth model kits, not really a puzzle, but I'll post them here regardless:
    41Es081uYkL._AC_US160_.jpg41p6dRtXMDL._AC_US160_.jpg41WSNVf2LtL._AC_US160_.jpg
    I just need Enterprise D to complete the Star Trek Set. I hope they make more Star Trek models eventually.

...and definately want them to make Firefly Serenity ship and Rick's flying car from Rick and Morty.

The metal earth model/puzzles look so fragile
    They look like one bad tumble and they would crumple like a can or worse

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    I LOVE jigsaw puzzles

Buuuut I have a 6 year old and a cat so ....

a high table and some glass?

steam_sig.png
  • ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I have seen quite a few playboy and penthouse puzzles :winky: but the last place I knew to get them closed long ago

Cool. I have my own line of erotic puzzles that I produce now (just released) but I know I am not supposed to mention that in a post like this because it would be promotional (or link to it) . hah. Yeah, I'm eyeing the one on ebay. I'm 5'5" so I want to lay down next to it and take a photo. :P

@puzzlemadam From the Rules thread:
    If you have something that you've created that you think we'd be interested in you should PM a moderator to ask for permission before you do it. If your first post violates this rule your account will almost certainly be banned permanently. Regularly contributing members who wish to post about their pet projects and ask first will often be given permission to do so. Otherwise you can generally feel free to post a link to your blog/band/indie game or whatever in your signature if you do not draw attention to it in your posts.

So you should be fine to put a link in your sig as long as you have an NSFW warning next to it, but double-check with a mod first to be safe. After that, the best promotion you can give your site is to just participate in the forums and be a cool person!

• ludica33ludica33 Registered User new member
    hi, can people please advise me on a jigsaw board. My parents have retired now and took up puzzles there favourite ones they like to frame, please can someone recommend a board were you can store and make the jigsaw but then remove it in full piece afterwards, if you use a rolling mat the jigsaw sticks and cant be removed, is there anything else they can use to cover everything, many thanks in advance

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    ludica33 wrote: »
    hi, can people please advise me on a jigsaw board. My parents have retired now and took up puzzles there favourite ones they like to frame, please can someone recommend a board were you can store and make the jigsaw but then remove it in full piece afterwards, if you use a rolling mat the jigsaw sticks and cant be removed, is there anything else they can use to cover everything, many thanks in advance

Like you want to be able to take it out of frame and unpiece it when able/replace with a different puzzle at times?

Might have to go with a glass or plastic press type frame , with cloth behind puzzle and hold it in place solely with pressure.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I have a 24"x36" bulletin board I use for smaller puzzles, it has a bit of a lip so the pieces don't slide off the side.

Honestly I'd check out a hobby shop as they should have a few options to compare.

If they want to frame it in one piece, easiest option is to get some puzzle glue.

Basically you do the puzzle and then slide some newspaper under it, and "paint" the whole thing with the puzzle glue and let it dry (it goes on clear). Once it dries you can do the same to the back, or not.

Biggest downside is once it's glued it's no longer any good as a puzzle.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    What I dislike about gluing puzzles here down the road 5+ years the glue decays leaving me to find a different way to keep the puzzle together

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
  • graysmithgraysmith Registered User new member
    Are there jigsaw puzzles where with some pieces the holes and points fit but some corners don't line up?

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    graysmith wrote: »
    Are there jigsaw puzzles where with some pieces the holes and points fit but some corners don't line up?

In cheap puzzles probably, not sure about on purpose tho unless it's like one of those Impossipuzzles

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
    Xaquin
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    graysmith wrote: »

I got a wooden jigsaw puzzle from Liberty Puzzles and the dirty bastards cut it in such a way that there were no corner pieces.

Since I always do the edges and corners first, this was disconcerting. Looked three times to make sure I hadn’t dropped them someplace.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • malikwaqas758malikwaqas758 Registered User new member
    My favorite puzzles are the little things that look like other things

From a distance, it looks like a normal store, but then you come closer and you realize that everything is made of matches and batteries.

They combine a strange layer of difficulty and a layer of discovery for everything

I like jigsaw puzzles too, but it's crazy

• PeasPeas Registered User regular
    Does erotic stuff really fit well with jigsaw puzzles? I am just going to imagine that it will be really hard to concentrate, not to mention all the mess during the process

• DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    This feels weirdly appropriate

64e9dc874de48c566516c59596919b56c2efe1c1.jpg

BahamutZEROBrovid HasselsmofPeasDonovan PuppyfuckerButlerLost SalientDark Raven XXaquinVegemytefacetiousMunkus BeaverJoolanderSlacker71knitdan
  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    I’m puzzled

• malikwaqas758malikwaqas758 Registered User new member
    You can check jigsaw puzzle full review from here which one is best

of9yai1ey5i9.jpg

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    but

why male models?

• Geoff | everythingjigsawGeoff | everythingjigsaw Registered User new member
    Sorry just found this forum - about 2 years too late!

malikwaqas758 - jigsaw puzzles that look like other things. Gibsons have just released a puzzle made from broccoli!
    a5egznwy6l2t.jpg

There is also a puzzle called Waterloo Station where the train station has been painted during war & peace time from the exact same viewpoint.
    The people are in the exact same position but dressed in either war or peace clothese. As both puzzles are mixed in the same box - it's really interesting.
    I've actually written about it in my blog if you want to read more?
    www.everythingjigsaw.com/best-1000-piece-jigsaw-puzzle-for-adults/

Geoff

• The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    It is wild how often this thread has been necroposted just on this page.

Not saying it's good or bad, just an observation.

BLM - ACAB
    Reynolds
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    You can't keep jigsaw fans down

Reynolds