[Stranger Things] I Dump Your Ass S3 OPEN SPOILERS

1515253545557»

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    See, the tweet gets it. All the people reposting the trailer to their own movie channels? they don't.

Official member of the Grilling Gentry
    "Brevity is the soul of getting your shit read." - Tube
    Rarely-updated Collecting blog
    He/Him
    SniperGuyMvrckLegacyKoopahTroopah
  • EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    Does the trailer show the next season's release date?

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • jdarksunjdarksun Scion of Chaos Registered User regular
    Does the trailer show the next season's release date?
    Nah, but they just started filming last month. Best guess is Q4/Xmas.

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Well lots of townspeople died the last time. That might have killed the town.

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »

Yeah... I have no clue how they are gonna keep things secret now. Closing down the lab (and theoretically unemploying its workers) is one thing. Shutting down the mall, having the mayor get seriously screwed up, having all those people disappear... No way to hide that.

Official member of the Grilling Gentry
    "Brevity is the soul of getting your shit read." - Tube
    Rarely-updated Collecting blog
    He/Him
    XaquinLegacyMvrck
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »

Yeah... I have no clue how they are gonna keep things secret now. Closing down the lab (and theoretically unemploying its workers) is one thing. Shutting down the mall, having the mayor get seriously screwed up, having all those people disappear... No way to hide that.

Didn't they explain it at the end of S3 as a fire that destroyed the mall and killed a bunch of people?

sig.gif
    never dieLegacyAlphagaiaMatevChanusKoopahTroopahMvrckschussArmorocSmrtnik
  • Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Registered User regular
    I am excite

half expected the Red October Overture to start blaring

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Richy wrote: »

Didn't they explain it at the end of S3 as a fire that destroyed the mall and killed a bunch of people?

Not to mention that, aside from some folks oddly wandering off, everything was taking place in the middle of a big July 4th party and nobody saw the big beasty outside of the folks who already knew what was going on. With one girl supposedly dying from a toxin spill, a boy disappearing inexplicably for several days before returning, massive problems with crops, and a ton of people dying in the mall "fire" after said mall shut down a ton of businesses, I could definitely see Hawkins basically getting left deserted.

The hardest thing to coverup about that would be why some people left random parties to go to the mall, particularly the kids.

• MancingtomMancingtom Registered User regular
    Richy wrote: »

Not to mention that, aside from some folks oddly wandering off, everything was taking place in the middle of a big July 4th party and nobody saw the big beasty outside of the folks who already knew what was going on. With one girl supposedly dying from a toxin spill, a boy disappearing inexplicably for several days before returning, massive problems with crops, and a ton of people dying in the mall "fire" after said mall shut down a ton of businesses, I could definitely see Hawkins basically getting left deserted.

The hardest thing to coverup about that would be why some people left random parties to go to the mall, particularly the kids.

You could wrap that up into the cover story: a bunch of teenagers break into the mall for an illegal party and then the fire breaks out. The adults came because they heard about it and wanted to put a stop to it—many of the adults killed were parents of children killed, since the Mindflayer is a spiteful little shitweasel that wiped out whole families.