We're going to be adding some advertisements to the forums! If you notice any weirdness around this or spot bad/inappropriate ads, please make a thread in the bugs forum.

[FFRK] Thread's dead, baby; thread's dead.

24567101

Posts

  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    I think Cid Mission Ultimate is not going to happen unless I feel like honing a 5* ability for Kain, a character that I'll never again use. ( I don't)

    I view the Cid missions like this:

    Do I have the characters needed already leveled up?
    Do I have the abilities i'll likely need?
    Do I have decent relics/SBs to bring?

    If yes to all of the above i'll give it a shot. If I can egg a character or two to fulfill the conditions, i'll give it a shot. If the ability I need just need an extra rank of hones, maaaaybe i'll do it.

    Other than that it's not worth the couple major orbs and I don't feel bad about skipping them, unless it's orbs I REALLY need and am willing to sacrifice a bunch for.

    I think the nice thing about cid missions is how the award is a nice to have, not need to have award. A few major orbs instead of, say , 5* abilities/relics/accessories or mythril where it makes you really miss out.

    Delphinidaes
  • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    Ardor wrote: »
    While I am quite lucky to have dreamstage, I am nervous about Bahamut as my VIII synergy is basically a 4++ dagger and mage throwers.

    I have two of Rinoa's SSB weapon and I think they'll be super useful. Rinoa can summon and deal decent damage on the ultimate, Edea should theoretically deal pretty significant damages with Dark Zone on Bahamut.

    Ardor
  • RiusRius Registered User regular
    Frosteey wrote: »
    Ardor wrote: »
    While I am quite lucky to have dreamstage, I am nervous about Bahamut as my VIII synergy is basically a 4++ dagger and mage throwers.

    I have two of Rinoa's SSB weapon and I think they'll be super useful. Rinoa can summon and deal decent damage on the ultimate, Edea should theoretically deal pretty significant damages with Dark Zone on Bahamut.

    I'm in the same situation, though I don't have any Edea relics. I have a 4*++ dagger and a generic 5* sword, so I'll have a full-ish set of weapons at least. Gonna be interesting to build for that one.

  • El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    My VIII synergy is pretty much entirely physical. I have a 5* Cutting Trigger, 5* Hyperion (Seifer's weapon), and a 6* Betrayal Blade. If my 100 gem feels fit to bestow me with a new weapon, great, but I'm not going to sweat it. It means Agrias, Ramza and either Bartz or Kain are set for synergy.

    The CMs can go dive off a steep, jagged cliff.

    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    My VIII synergy is pretty much entirely physical. I have a 5* Cutting Trigger, 5* Hyperion (Seifer's weapon), and a 6* Betrayal Blade. If my 100 gem feels fit to bestow me with a new weapon, great, but I'm not going to sweat it. It means Agrias, Ramza and either Bartz or Kain are set for synergy.

    The CMs can go dive off a steep, jagged cliff.

    If that steep, jagged cliff is made of ice, I think that is Squall's destiny anyways!

    El Fantastico
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    Frosteey wrote: »
    Ardor wrote: »
    While I am quite lucky to have dreamstage, I am nervous about Bahamut as my VIII synergy is basically a 4++ dagger and mage throwers.

    I have two of Rinoa's SSB weapon and I think they'll be super useful. Rinoa can summon and deal decent damage on the ultimate, Edea should theoretically deal pretty significant damages with Dark Zone on Bahamut.

    That is my hope! I am hoping to not pull on the banners out of need for more synergy.

  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I've got a mixed bag on realm synergy for FFVIII. I've got Squall's BSB and Selphie's Dreamstage. So I've got 2 top tier relics. I also have Rinoa's Cardinal, which was good for its day, but Cardinal is actually one of the oldest SSB's now and it pales compared to others. Then I've got Edea's SSB weapon and also her Inaugural Parade hat. Those are my good relics.

    Then I have Rinoa's very first SB ever, Rinoa's dress with some SB that I've never used even once in my life, Zell's crappy SB glove, and Irvine's gun with Fast Ammo on it.

  • RiusRius Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    I just realized that, aside from Dark Zone, I don't have any R3 5* abilities for FF8 characters. My R3s are Holy, Dark Zone and Powerchain; Selphie won't have room for Holy and nobody has Celerity 5.

    I'm pretty close to R3ing Saint Cross, Thief's Revenge, Full Charge, Exploding Fist and Dragoon Dive, three of which are usable... just need a goddamned orbfest grrrr

    There are so many classes that FF8 doesn't have.

    Rius on
  • mercurialchemistermercurialchemister Registered User regular
    I am ready for all this VIII business.

    Edea's Sorceress Crown
    Estharian Helmet
    Ten-Gallon Hat 4++
    Balamb Garden Uniform x3

    Gauntlet
    Revolver x2
    Cardinal
    Morning Star

  • ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    The mote dungeon progression is so nonsensical.

    This mote dungeon, supposedly one of the hardest fights in the game to date, you get a whole 15 4* motes for doing everything, plus a whole extra 5 if you do the CM.

    For the second, which is a joke (FFXIII dude with the stagger phase where it stops attacking and becomes weak to EVERYTHING), you get 50 4* motes, and the CM is orbs (as are all from here out).

    For the third, also a joke because they're all vulnerable to slow, confuse, poison, and sleep, you get 100 4* motes.

    For the fourth, you get 150 4* motes. And at least looks like a real Ultimate.

    For the fifth (Japan's latest), you get 200 4* motes.

    Less power creep, more power sprint.

    ArcTangent on
  • RiusRius Registered User regular
    They have changed all the Cid Mission rewards (and requirements) so far; no reason to expect they won't also do so for the Mote dungeons. If they retain the difficulty, which is pretty likely, I really expect Mote Ifrit to have much better rewards.

  • NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    38thDoe wrote: »
    I think Cid Mission Ultimate is not going to happen unless I feel like honing a 5* ability for Kain, a character that I'll never again use. ( I don't)

    I view the Cid missions like this:

    Do I have the characters needed already leveled up?
    Do I have the abilities i'll likely need?
    Do I have decent relics/SBs to bring?

    If yes to all of the above i'll give it a shot. If I can egg a character or two to fulfill the conditions, i'll give it a shot. If the ability I need just need an extra rank of hones, maaaaybe i'll do it.

    Other than that it's not worth the couple major orbs and I don't feel bad about skipping them, unless it's orbs I REALLY need and am willing to sacrifice a bunch for.

    I really like that the U+ dungeons are only 1 stamina, so I'm not out of three hours of stamina for giving it the ol' college try.

    Narbus on
    FryRiusDelphinidaes
  • chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I've got a mixed bag on realm synergy for FFVIII. I've got Squall's BSB and Selphie's Dreamstage. So I've got 2 top tier relics. I also have Rinoa's Cardinal, which was good for its day, but Cardinal is actually one of the oldest SSB's now and it pales compared to others. Then I've got Edea's SSB weapon and also her Inaugural Parade hat. Those are my good relics.

    Then I have Rinoa's very first SB ever, Rinoa's dress with some SB that I've never used even once in my life, Zell's crappy SB glove, and Irvine's gun with Fast Ammo on it.

    You should totally use the SB on the Party Dress at least once, because the animation is superb. Also it will be great to have once Chain Stonega exists.

    steam_sig.png
  • ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    They have changed all the Cid Mission rewards (and requirements) so far; no reason to expect they won't also do so for the Mote dungeons. If they retain the difficulty, which is pretty likely, I really expect Mote Ifrit to have much better rewards.

    They've changed one event's Cid Mission's rewards so far (and the CM itself), and added CMs to another that didn't have any. The other three event's worth of CMs have been 100% identical to what Japan had.

    I wouldn't be surprised if they changed all the pocket change mote rewards for CMs like they did for FF4, considering there's just two more of those before it standardizes to an orb or two and that mote stuff was insultingly terrible, but so far, it's been a lot more identical than it has been different.

  • RiusRius Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Rius wrote: »
    They have changed all the Cid Mission rewards (and requirements) so far; no reason to expect they won't also do so for the Mote dungeons. If they retain the difficulty, which is pretty likely, I really expect Mote Ifrit to have much better rewards.

    They've changed one event's Cid Mission's rewards so far (and the CM itself), and added CMs to another that didn't have any. The other three event's worth of CMs have been 100% identical to what Japan had.

    I wouldn't be surprised if they changed all the pocket change mote rewards for CMs like they did for FF4, considering there's just two more of those before it standardizes to an orb or two and that mote stuff was insultingly terrible, but so far, it's been a lot more identical than it has been different.

    Well, all the + through +++ stuff in the earliest CMs were the same, but the most recent stuff has all been added or changed. Percentage wise, most has been unchanged, but timeline wise it's been all change. And for the Ifritmote, we know that Squall and Quistis aren't required in Global as they were in JP, so if they're changing the mission why not change the rewards too, make them less worthless?

  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I was really surprised when I saw that Barbacoa (spelling error intentional) was giving 7 MWO's as a mastery bonus. That's a pretty sweet amount of orbs right there. In fact, the U was better than the U+ for rewards in this event.

    I'd like to see more 7 orb rewards in the future.

  • SavantSavant Registered User regular
    I had a pretty rough time with the last batch of Cid's missions, and that was with a couple pieces of RS. No way I'm doing that for FF8, much less fragment Ifrit.

    The Sephiroth U+ has such stupid high damage output, even two healers wasn't enough to keep up with the damage for a lot of runs, and my winning run he splattered 3 out of 5 of my team with one ultimate meteor right at the end even though my team was at high health. Using shared medicas wasn't even worth it, since they took too long to go off.

  • FryFry Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I was really surprised when I saw that Barbacoa (spelling error intentional) was giving 7 MWO's as a mastery bonus. That's a pretty sweet amount of orbs right there. In fact, the U was better than the U+ for rewards in this event.

    I'd like to see more 7 orb rewards in the future.

    The total number of orbs per event has stayed pretty constant for a while, hovering around 25 major orbs per event (not counting greater orb upchanges, which have also been pretty static). They just squashed the orbs together into a smaller number of stacks, to make room for all the MC2s they're giving out, as well as Motes.

    This is the last night for Sephiroth. Here's someone soloing it with Cloud + Fenrir Overdrive, if you happen to have Cloud's BSB it might be worth trying (you probably want RW Keeper's Tome rather than Aetherial Pulse though)

  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Labeling your video "FTP" when you have a highest tier relic annoys me. Not that he personally paid for it, but it's misleading. Like "oh any fight can be nailed FTP... if you happen to draw the most helpful relic at the right time."

  • FryFry Registered User regular
    Well, there's also the meme among FFRK redditors that f2p stands for "free to pay," and is adopted by some ridiculous whales that drop multiple leviathan pouches per banner.

  • mercurialchemistermercurialchemister Registered User regular
    Fry wrote: »
    Well, there's also the meme among FFRK redditors that f2p stands for "free to pay," and is adopted by some ridiculous whales that drop multiple leviathan pouches per banner.

    That is quite possibly the dumbest thing I have ever heard. That's the exact opposite of what f2p means.

    Although I guess we live in a world where "literally" means "figuratively" now, so who even knows or cares what words mean

    Fryshoeboxjeddy38thDoe
  • ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    Hm I could probably pull off that solo Sephiroth fight. Still pluggin away at this Ult+ Cid Mission right now though.

    Darklyre
  • A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Are we all in agreement that the worst ++ dungeon is Mondaily? One enemy with a 2.5k AoE and an instant death attack, who often shows up with a fucker sporting Flare that can hit for 4.5k. All this with almost no applicable synergy, just for Fire and Earth orbs!

    RiusShamusArdorsilence1186Beasteh
  • mercurialchemistermercurialchemister Registered User regular
    A steak! wrote: »
    Are we all in agreement that the worst ++ dungeon is Mondaily? One enemy with a 2.5k AoE and an instant death attack, who often shows up with a fucker sporting Flare that can hit for 4.5k. All this with almost no applicable synergy, just for Fire and Earth orbs!

    Unfortunately Earth and Fire orbs are going to be needed much more frequently for upcoming 5 star abilities, so I would recommend doing Mondaily if possible. Thursday is perhaps the least necessary daily once you've got your Power Orbs under control.

  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    A steak! wrote: »
    Are we all in agreement that the worst ++ dungeon is Mondaily? One enemy with a 2.5k AoE and an instant death attack, who often shows up with a fucker sporting Flare that can hit for 4.5k. All this with almost no applicable synergy, just for Fire and Earth orbs!

    Unfortunately Earth and Fire orbs are going to be needed much more frequently for upcoming 5 star abilities, so I would recommend doing Mondaily if possible. Thursday is perhaps the least necessary daily once you've got your Power Orbs under control.

    Once you have power orbs under control aka never ever in 10 million years. Come on, son.

  • A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited July 2016
    A steak! wrote: »
    Are we all in agreement that the worst ++ dungeon is Mondaily? One enemy with a 2.5k AoE and an instant death attack, who often shows up with a fucker sporting Flare that can hit for 4.5k. All this with almost no applicable synergy, just for Fire and Earth orbs!

    Unfortunately Earth and Fire orbs are going to be needed much more frequently for upcoming 5 star abilities, so I would recommend doing Mondaily if possible. Thursday is perhaps the least necessary daily once you've got your Power Orbs under control.

    Thursday is most definitely the least useful. My current plans are:

    Thief's Revenge: hone from 2 to 3
    Full Charge: hone from 2 to 3
    Gaia Cross: hone to 3
    Lightning Dive: maybe hone to 3?
    I've got Full Break at R2, and Dragoon Jump at R3, which are fine there.

    For all that I need 20 Wind orbs, but I'm otherwise set. It's only if I add Sapphire Shot that I run into serious orb issues, and for that I'm mostly short on Ice (maybe 4 R5 Lifesiphons wasn't the best use of orbs. MAYBE). Dervish is another one that I'm kinda interested in, but that's far enough off that I should get enough orbs naturally.

    A duck! on
  • mercurialchemistermercurialchemister Registered User regular
    A steak! wrote: »
    Are we all in agreement that the worst ++ dungeon is Mondaily? One enemy with a 2.5k AoE and an instant death attack, who often shows up with a fucker sporting Flare that can hit for 4.5k. All this with almost no applicable synergy, just for Fire and Earth orbs!

    Unfortunately Earth and Fire orbs are going to be needed much more frequently for upcoming 5 star abilities, so I would recommend doing Mondaily if possible. Thursday is perhaps the least necessary daily once you've got your Power Orbs under control.

    Once you have power orbs under control aka never ever in 10 million years. Come on, son.

    But I already have Power Orbs under control unless I decide to go for Quick Hit, which is like the ultimate vanity ability. PC/FC/FB r3 already, and I don't really care for any of the various AoE abilities that require Major Power Orbs. If I can do it, anyone can do it.

  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Fry wrote: »
    Well, there's also the meme among FFRK redditors that f2p stands for "free to pay," and is adopted by some ridiculous whales that drop multiple leviathan pouches per banner.

    That is quite possibly the dumbest thing I have ever heard. That's the exact opposite of what f2p means.

    Although I guess we live in a world where "literally" means "figuratively" now, so who even knows or cares what words mean

    I say thee nay.

    YggiDee wrote: »
    Having teenaged RPG leads is really cool until you stop being a teenager yourself. Do you remember being seventeen? You're a dumbass at seventeen! I wanna be saved by the guy who's twenty-seven. He's at least payed taxes. He knows how to do shit. He can drive.
  • FryFry Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Holy shit, beat Sephiroth Cid Mission. Dragoon Jump is legit, y'all. Only unique SB I was rocking was Tifa's Burning Arrow (which is obviously great since I couldn't afford to bring an attack buff). Burned a few eggs to nudge my DPS (Cid, Barret and Tifa) up a few levels, that seemed to help.

    Team:
    71 Cid, 418 ATK, +20% dmg (should be +30% DRG, but I haven't gotten that yet. NEW GOAL). R3 Blood, R3 'goon Jump
    70 Barret, 325 ATK, Rebel's Might (should have been DD, bonk), off-realm gun, R2 Full Break, R3 Power Breakdown, shared Shellga (didn't see Meteor on the win)
    65 Aerith, doublecast White, Protectga, R4 Curaja (R5 would have been helpful)
    74 Tifa, 418 ATK, 319 DEF, Mako Might (Burning Arrow), R4 Lifesiphon, R3 Armor Break (those hones were way more than I had time to use)
    66 Cait Sith, Auto-Haste, R4 Haste, Memento of Prayer, Shared Medica
    RW Wall

    Had to delay Wall for two rounds at the start so that it didn't run out in the much scarier middle or end phases. Cait's turn order was Haste Tifa, Memento, Haste Cid, Haste Aerith, Haste Barret, Medica, refresh Hastes (starting with self). Got another medica or two near the end, and they were definitely relevant since Wall + Protectga + Power Breakdown + Full Break + everyone but Tifa being back row actually kept the constant AOE spam down to reasonable levels.

    eta: only medals lost were 2 for damage, so that was a Master. Counting over the actions I must have taken judging from how all of my key abilities were empty, I think it was a total of 60 actions +/- 1. RW 2, Cid 12, Barret 11, Aerith 11, Tifa 11ish, Cait 13ish

    Fry on
    RiusShamusArdorshoeboxjeddy
  • DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Shamus wrote: »
    Hm I could probably pull off that solo Sephiroth fight. Still pluggin away at this Ult+ Cid Mission right now though.

    Yeah, if my A-Team can't crack U+ Sephiroth I might just try it the same way. Helps that I have Cloud's BSB, 5* VII bangles, R5 Retaliate and R4 Drain Strike already, too!

    Although speaking of U/U+ battles, fuck the Turks. I had to S/L six or seven times before Elena's AOE and their individual hits didn't immediately wipe someone out before SS2 went up. I eventually mastered it, but thinking back I probably should've put DMT/Mako Might on Rosa instead of Ramza, since it was pretty touch and go until Y'shtola's third turn, since I was basically praying for the Turks to concentrate on Cecil and Cloud while she was Curaja-ing the hell out of everyone. Rosa's medica being available for a turn one use would've made my life much easier.

    Of course, once mitigation went up it was a complete cakewalk, as Rude's Fira was hitting everyone for ~350 (yay fire resist). I'm also pretty sure I went that entire fight without putting up Protect, because by the time Y'shtola was done Curaja-spamming, Elena was already dead (from Lifesiphons/Banishing Strikes/Drain Strikes, heh). Then Reno and Rude just melted to Paladin Force x2 and Fenrir Overdrive.

    One day, when they release a fifth paladin (alongside Pecil, Beatrix, Agrias, and WoL), I'm gonna make an all-paladin team and name it Paladin Force Five.

  • chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Ingus gets buffed to White Mage 4 to go with his Knight 5 during the Onion Knight event I believe, so at least you know there is a fifth on the way.

    -edit- Also Celes gets to record dive to White Mage 4 at some point, and she gets buffed to Knight 5 in a couple months. And one of the FFXI characters, Curilla I think, can dive to White Mage 4 (starts at 3) to go with the native Knight 5. You've got options!

    chrisnl on
    steam_sig.png
  • DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    chrisnl wrote: »
    Ingus gets buffed to White Mage 4 to go with his Knight 5 during the Onion Knight event I believe, so at least you know there is a fifth on the way.

    -edit- Also Celes gets to record dive to White Mage 4 at some point, and she gets buffed to Knight 5 in a couple months. And one of the FFXI characters, Curilla I think, can dive to White Mage 4 (starts at 3) to go with the native Knight 5. You've got options!

    Looks like Gabranth gets native Knight 4/WM 4 too, so he's at least in the running. He can be the token evil teammate!

  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Beat the Seph U+ CM after leveling Zach and Cid on Sunday. Was a close ass thing. Decided to then try the U and that was actually pretty easy.

    Ended up autoattacking Reno to death from 90% because I was totally out of abilities after killing Elena and Rude since Cid died right as I finished off Elena. Thankfully I had Red's Stardust Ray and Clear Tranquil which kept Shellga up and gave me heals since I was out of curajas.

    aeNqQM9.jpg
    Ardor
  • ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    j9F8xl3.png?1

    It's finally done. Cid Mission complete.

    RiusFryEl FantasticoNarbusArdor
  • FryFry Registered User regular
    LOL. "Sorry we corrected Dr. Mog's lies just before the event was originally scheduled to end and forgot to announce it until the event was over. Have a mithril!"

    Riusshoeboxjeddy
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    not looking forward to mote ifrit cid mission since i lack dreamstage, the one relic that makes it semi manageable

  • ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    Now that I'm out of the personal hell I put myself in trying to complete that Cid Mission (still need to go back and claim Mastery), looking forward to what should be an easy sweep in the FF8 event.

    Gonna switch my RW to Laguna during the event. Insanely high attack and the gaurenteed slow should help someone out.

  • RiusRius Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    There's no ingame announcement, but the next Dungeon Update should hit tonight.

    Not that I'll finish them all tonight, but the 16 mythril from the new classics/elites puts me at 50. Time to decide if I should do another pull on FF4 for Kain/Rosa/Edward, or do a pull on FF8 because I only have relics for Rinoa. Having already completed both FF4 Cid Missions makes things murkier.

    Rius on
  • chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Got another 50 mythril. Did a pull on banner 1.

    Yay crap shared shell robe thing? So that's my second shared shell. Rockin.

    steam_sig.png
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I've got all 3 of Rinoa's current relics, but really the only thing that I'm interested in on the FFVIII banners would be her BSB. I think I'm just going to pass entirely.

    The next top 3 relics I want are Jecht's BSB, Noel's BSB, and Kain's BSB.

This discussion has been closed.