Options

[No Man's Sky] Your Universe Awaits, and wants you to pick up some stuff on the way

19495969798100»

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    godmode wrote: »
    Mr. G wrote: »
    How do you get the stuff that you feed to the analyzer?

You find buried technology. They have the icon that looks like a WiFi signal symbol when looking through the visor. Mark it, run over and use the terrain manipulator to dig it out.

Unfortunately, on my most prosperous save, I seem to be having an issue where buried tech doesn’t give me salvage, but Nanites only. I’m wondering if it’s because it was a pre-update save but I can’t do any base stuff right now.
    I have the impression that you have the biggest chance for Salvaged Tecnology if your Buried Technology is having a blue glow. If it is an orange glow, it’s probably Nanites. So it’s a bit of a luck game; on one planet I found loads of blue and a little bit of orange, on another one they were almost all orange...

Oh, that’s a relief! Probably not a bug then. I was concerned because on my new saves I started after NEXT, I had never seen a single Buried Tech that had Nanites, they were all tech. So when I was only seeing Nanites on this save after four nodes I thought it was an issue.

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Now I can't repair my frigate! It's telling me there's still one damaged console but nothing is marked and I can't interact with any of them because I already fixed them all

I just... man I know these guys have done a lot of work but it's been two years
    I think they should have had basic stuff like "not rendering frigates permanently broken" figured out

If you figure this out let me know. Because I’m in that same exact boat.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    When I repaired my frigate for the first time last night, I didn’t exactly have an indicator of what exactly was broken. I went down a few ramps and went in a door though and then I saw an icon to repair an airlock. Maybe wander around the ship a bit? Or did you already try that?

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    Now I can't repair my frigate! It's telling me there's still one damaged console but nothing is marked and I can't interact with any of them because I already fixed them all

I just... man I know these guys have done a lot of work but it's been two years
    I think they should have had basic stuff like "not rendering frigates permanently broken" figured out

If you figure this out let me know. Because I’m in that same exact boat.

It is a known bug but feel free to submit it to hello games. I am currently experiencing the no fuel in my freighter bug so all my jumps are in my ship. Also the expedition bug is still live on consoles as far as I know so I would be very careful about sending out expeditions. I know I am holding off until the patch with the fix.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    When you land it does a damage report and then you have it mark the consoles with an icon to repair
    I have no icons but it still said "damaged consoles: 1" in the objective area in the lower right

I jumped to a new system, landed again, and it said damaged consoles 0 but still showed red for the ship icon and still said damaged in the fleet manager

I quit out of the game entirely when I stopped last night and that has often fixed a lot of the weird tags like that so I'll see tonight if it took

• Options
    FleebFleeb has all of the fleeb juice Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    I sincerely appreciate things like 'GENDER: ADAMANT'

gj7l8euqlybz.jpg
    When you land it does a damage report and then you have it mark the consoles with an icon to repair
    I have no icons but it still said "damaged consoles: 1" in the objective area in the lower right

I jumped to a new system, landed again, and it said damaged consoles 0 but still showed red for the ship icon and still said damaged in the fleet manager

I quit out of the game entirely when I stopped last night and that has often fixed a lot of the weird tags like that so I'll see tonight if it took

I had the same issue and nothing fixed it. I eventually said screw it and sent it out on a mission while damaged and let it explode.

Fleeb on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Is there a place to get a new multitool other than the Anomaly?

• Options
    The guy who sells tool mods on the space station should have a new multi-tool in the case next to him, and sometimes you'll find them for sale in an outpost on a planet or even just be given one by an alien you help

• Options
    I don’t know if they changed something down the line or I got really lucky in the past, but my multi-tool from my 2016 save is fuckin baller. It’s like a 16-slot rifle, C class, but I compare it to multitools now and they all have 5-6 slots and they don’t even come close to being worthwhile.

• Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    You are able to load up your old save?

I tried but wasn't able to which sucked, had about 100 hours on it.

• Options
    I didn’t launch it right away, which I think may have helped. Two hotfixes had come out before I tried it out and realized what great stuff I had.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Alright, so frigate was damaged, and I didn't realize I had to repair it. Now that I've warped to a different star system, am I borked? Or, do I have to back track to repair it, because it doesn't look like it was able to follow me. Kind of annoying.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    Alright, so frigate was damaged, and I didn't realize I had to repair it. Now that I've warped to a different star system, am I borked? Or, do I have to back track to repair it, because it doesn't look like it was able to follow me. Kind of annoying.

Freighters and frigates don't follow you to a system when you jump. But you can call them to you and if they have fuel they'll warp to where you are

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    This planet was so cool to find. It's a Life Incompatable Planet inside a red star system.

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    Maximum wrote: »

Freighters and frigates don't follow you to a system when you jump. But you can call them to you and if they have fuel they'll warp to where you are

Huh, if the freighter has no warp fuel, it won't jump into the system?

PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    Having 1 animal left to scan to finish off a planet, spotting a red dot and rushing over, only to find it's a sub-species and doesn't count towards the completion sure is fun.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    There is no way I would go down that cave. I've seen horror films, I know what kind of thing is living at the bottom of that.

• Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »
    There is no way I would go down that cave. I've seen horror films, I know what kind of thing is living at the bottom of that.

The last person to go down there, I'd guess. How the fuck would you get back out?

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I think i'm going to just demolish my planetary base and live in my freighter forever. Going back there is such a chore, even though it's simply walking through a teleporter.

Why would I live on a dumb ol' planet when i've got a freaking spaceship?

• Options
    A planet is a very, very large spaceship.

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    This planet was so cool to find. It's a Life Incompatable Planet inside a red star system.

Wow, are the rings just rock or something else?

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    Maybe if I could slap engines on the planet and fly it around the universe.

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Hermano wrote: »

Wow, are the rings just rock or something else?

They're just rock, not even mineral. They're just ~aesthetic~

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    Aistan wrote: »
    Maybe if I could slap engines on the planet and fly it around the universe.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB8vk8Zrwak

• Options
    No One's Sky is never going to be that game but I would love if there were ownable megastructures. Death Stars or Gurren Lagann style giant robots or whatever.

• Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    the frigate issue(s) should be resolved with the new patch:

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    The guy who sells tool mods on the space station should have a new multi-tool in the case next to him, and sometimes you'll find them for sale in an outpost on a planet or even just be given one by an alien you help

I can never look at the tool that it shows there, though

• Options
    The selection area for those is really weird. I have to aim more down at the open flap than at the tool itself.

• Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    The selection area for those is really weird. I have to aim more down at the open flap than at the tool itself.

Stay on target...

PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    I have gotten the same life support module 3 times

• Options
    if it's a module rather than a blueprint, you can probably install them all and stack them, with bonuses for them being adjacent

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    Yay, finally found someone who sold Parrafinium and I managed to fix 3 spots in my frighter.

I still need some more and then my “Finders Keepers” found spaceship (B:27+8) will be damage free!

But in the meantime I’m filling my multitool with S-modules :razz:

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Yay, finally found someone who sold Parrafinium and I managed to fix 3 spots in my frighter.

I still need some more and then my “Finders Keepers” found spaceship (B:27+8) will be damage free!

But in the meantime I’m filling my multitool with S-modules :razz:

modules are actually a really interesting new aspect, since they're expensive and not transferable. i feel like finding and upgrading a nice multi-tool early is vital - it can feasibly last you a lifetime. while for ship and exosuit stuff the best bet is blueprints

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    So I don't think having a bunch of damaged components on a salvaged ship hurts its resell value at all
    I think you could do okay finding a wreck, fixing up its launch thrusters just enough to get to a station, and then waiting around to trade it for a ship in good shape

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    A mission sent me to a facility right at the intersection of a planet’s rings and a moon. It is visually very broken there. I could not see a thing.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Cross-posting from G&T because I want to show off my newest dragonfly-lookin ship
    Darmak wrote: »
    Here's a pic of my new ship on a run to crack open some more whispering eggs (I made over 4m units!)

C17BE5B8CBB4597B3436890EC54B7CB181AC00A3

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Huzzah. Logging back in today cleared up that build issue. Which is nice.

Few questions. So, should I be able to just pick up my base computer again? Cause that's certainly a thing it's not letting me do.

Also, I have 11 Salvaged Tech units. I assume I should just toss them into the blue print analyzer and start makin' stuff, right? Anything in particular?

...this game kinda just tosses your ass into things a bit it seems.

This discussion has been closed.