As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Bobcats on the way!

2»

• windfallwindfall Registered User regular
    Just got my shipping notification. I ordered 4 full sets and am in California.

• zenprimezenprime That Cat that ain't a Cat T-Town, WARegistered User regular
    Got my shipping notification! Tacoma, WA!

PAXing till I Plotz
    xSBUZyE.png
    PAX Weast 2017 Status: Badges [X] Room [X] Fried Rice [X]
  • krae_mankrae_man Registered User regular
    Shipping notice for me too!

• davobahdavobah Registered User regular
    I just got an email and I ordered 4 full sets. Washington.

ewk6x7oeylli.png
  • davobahdavobah Registered User regular
    Can someone tell the story of naming passes bobcats again please? Something about an errant image? Thanks.

ewk6x7oeylli.png
  • YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    davobah wrote: »
    Can someone tell the story of naming passes bobcats again please? Something about an errant image? Thanks.

xkcd 325: A-Minus-Minus

YoungFrey on
  • solomon123solomon123 Registered User regular
    I got shipping email last night. I ordered the max amount. Looks like they finally got to us!

xg81x9uysw01.png
  • bacon_avengerbacon_avenger Defender of Pork Products Pacific NW, USARegistered User regular
    Got the notification of shipping yesterday as well, full order.

PAX Prime 2022 Checklist:[ ]Hotel [ ]Time Off [ ]Bobcats [ ]Challenge Coin [ ]Forum Badge
    eIMwu3s.png
  • ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    All the bobcats are in...37 days to go peeps!
    s85qfremz1fy.jpeg

• vespachicavespachica SeattleRegistered User regular
    For the first time ever I actually received an email and know that my bobcats will be waiting in the mailbox today! *dons heavy gloves*

ufq9gj8383nh.png

• EnglishseigeEnglishseige Registered User regular
    Purchased 4 sets of 4 day passes, and then my friend next to me purchased 2 more 4 days sets, just after me, He got his email of bobcat shipment last Friday and received his package today North of Seattle in Bothell. While I have yet to get my email or bobcats in the mail. I am hoping I get mine within the next 2 weeks!

• krae_mankrae_man Registered User regular
    I really wish PAX would stop using DHL for Canadian shipments. They are so terrible.

Last year they walked up to a random person leaving the building for the day(tickets are sent to my work address) and the person pointed to the sign directing deliveries and told them "go there, that's where he is" and the driver marked the delivery as refused and left.

This year I get "address information needed" even though the address is 100% correct and all I've got so far is "I don't know why the driver did that", and I doubt I'll get an answer.

• Croatian SensationCroatian Sensation Registered User regular
    The bobcats made it to my house in Washington! 36 days to go! Can't wait to see all of you!

• Sgt.MaysSgt.Mays Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Mine just got here also, DHL came knocking at 8:30. (never had a package delivered that late).

Gaymer, Nerd and Fan of Freeman's Mind/Half-life/GTA/Red Vs Blue

Attended: East 14, 15 and West 16
    Attending West 2019
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    My bobcat arrived, but did not come with a leash. Do we get those if we get the bobcat to the convention center, or should I buy a leash myself?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
    Brody wrote: »
    My bobcat arrived, but did not come with a leash. Do we get those if we get the bobcat to the convention center, or should I buy a leash myself?

They have leashes, aka lanyards there. No need to buy one.

• IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular
    Triple bobcats received in Arizona today. Thanks to all who told me not to worry about delayed shipping notifications!

• solomon123solomon123 Registered User regular
    Just got my full order of 16 badges. Washington state.

xg81x9uysw01.png
  • BluemeaneBluemeane Registered User regular

You will have a ton of leashes by the end of your first day as well! lol

jj0mqt5d2a94.png

PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAXXXXXXXXXXX!
  • PavioPavio Registered User regular
    Bluemeane wrote: »

You will have a ton of leashes by the end of your first day as well! lol

Just make sure you put yours on a good one. The provided ones usually have the clips (called bull dog clips) that, if you tug on, the badge will come out. This scenario happens to people every year (sometimes it just gets caught in a crowd and falls). There was a problem in recent years with people yanking them off attendees out in the street and then selling them to other people. I still use the one I got from Gigantic because it's a comfortable one, but also has a ring that it is pretty impossible to pull off (officially called a trigger snap swivel hook, it's like a ring with a lever that opens the side of it).

I know about these because we switched to the trigger snap swivel hooks for work and we NEVER have the problem with work badges falling off lanyards anymore (it doesn't stop people from misplacing them but what can you do...).

Just so you know, there are generally many booths with free lanyards, just find the ones with the good hook.

v6h3hfs2v597.png
  • bacon_avengerbacon_avenger Defender of Pork Products Pacific NW, USARegistered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Pavio wrote: »
    Just make sure you put yours on a good one. The provided ones usually have the clips (called bull dog clips) that, if you tug on, the badge will come out.
    So much this.

The freebies the E's have by the metric tonne don't hold the bobcats all that well... unless you loop/knot them.

I unfortunately don't have a pic handy, but it involves removing the spring loaded clip part and feeding the lanyard through the opening on the badge[1] and the metal ring the clip was attached to. I've never lost a badge after learning this trick. Pins attached to the lanyard, OTOH...

[1] I originally was going to type out something about pushing the leash through the bobcat, but that brought some rather... odd... images to mind... :ellipses:

bacon_avenger on
    PAX Prime 2022 Checklist:[ ]Hotel [ ]Time Off [ ]Bobcats [ ]Challenge Coin [ ]Forum Badge
    eIMwu3s.png
  • Sgt.MaysSgt.Mays Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2016
    I use a Minecraft one i got online a few years ago, it has a very strong plastic clip with the clip part on the front upside down so there is no way it can be pulled down used it for all my previous cons with no problem.

Just when going between venues or leaving, i would hide the badge under your shirt/jacket or put it away.

Sgt.Mays on
    Gaymer, Nerd and Fan of Freeman's Mind/Half-life/GTA/Red Vs Blue

Attended: East 14, 15 and West 16
    Attending West 2019
  • celycely Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Pavio wrote: »
    Just make sure you put yours on a good one. The provided ones usually have the clips (called bull dog clips) that, if you tug on, the badge will come out.
    So much this.

The freebies the E's have by the metric tonne don't hold the bobcats all that well... unless you loop/knot them.

I unfortunately don't have a pic handy, but it involves removing the spring loaded clip part and feeding the lanyard through the opening on the badge[1] and the metal ring the clip was attached to. I've never lost a badge after learning this trick. Pins attached to the lanyard, OTOH...

[1] I originally was going to type out something about pushing the leash through the bobcat, but that brought some rather... odd... images to mind... :ellipses:
    It's on the FAQ under "General Stuff"
    Here's the image:
    yBIGmFY.jpg

cely on
    rqUHgCM.png
  • zenprimezenprime That Cat that ain't a Cat T-Town, WARegistered User regular
    All my Bobcats arrived safely last night. Debating if I going to thread them all into a single keyring and thread that to the ring on the leash, or do a ring for each day.

PAXing till I Plotz
    xSBUZyE.png
    PAX Weast 2017 Status: Badges [X] Room [X] Fried Rice [X]
    zenprime wrote: »
    All my Bobcats arrived safely last night. Debating if I going to thread them all into a single keyring and thread that to the ring on the leash, or do a ring for each day.

I would do one for each day, why take chances losing them all together. Or as others have said have them snatched off your neck by someone...rather lose just one in any scenario.

• MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    I have someone willing to sell tickets, but the hologram does not look like anything. Is there anything I should see in the shiny bit?

Madpoet wrote: »
    I have someone willing to sell tickets, but the hologram does not look like anything. Is there anything I should see in the shiny bit?

On the front? Looking at pics on ebay postings, I don't see a hologram at all. There might be one in the round sticker that says "PAX", but if there is, it doesn't show in photographs.

• MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Thanks - one of the stickers looks to be printed on hologram stock, but doesn't actually have a hologram on it. Freaked me out.

Madpoet on
  • CKingCKing Registered User regular
    9 days until we leave and no Bobcats. Panicking.

• KeibiKeibi Registered User regular
    CKing wrote: »

https://www.reddit.com/r/PAX/comments/4x6vj5/have_not_received_pax_west_badges_who_do_i_speak/

While it's still possible that they're on their way (as the guy on this forum said, he didn't get his until ~ 1 week before. Did you have a tracking number for your badges? It might be time to e-mail the pax_questions@paxsite.com people and explain what's going on.

I wish you luck!

Keibi wrote: »

https://www.reddit.com/r/PAX/comments/4x6vj5/have_not_received_pax_west_badges_who_do_i_speak/

While it's still possible that they're on their way (as the guy on this forum said, he didn't get his until ~ 1 week before. Did you have a tracking number for your badges? It might be time to e-mail the pax_questions@paxsite.com people and explain what's going on.

I wish you luck!

No tracking number, just confirmation. I'm thinking that too. I can't remember when I received my badges in past years, but I don't think it was this close.

Finally had to break down and contact PAX about my badges. Still no tracking email and still no badges. Hubby's ready to just cancel the whole vacation.

• MiddyBotMiddyBot Registered User regular
    Finally had to break down and contact PAX about my badges. Still no tracking email and still no badges. Hubby's ready to just cancel the whole vacation.

A couple years back, my badges went missing in the mail and I wasn't given a tracking number. I emailed pax about my situation and they helped me get my badges at will call. I brought my copies of confirmation and ID and I was set. There's still hope for you!

Customers and co workers were trying to be positive tonight. I'm a wreck about it. I mean, heck, they could still arrive. My biggest worry is them showing up after I've left for Seattle. I live in PA.

Customers and co workers were trying to be positive tonight. I'm a wreck about it. I mean, heck, they could still arrive. My biggest worry is them showing up after I've left for Seattle. I live in PA.

If you can get somebody to check your mail, hotels can receive mail for you.

Just received an email back. There's not a tracking number for my badges. So they're looking into it and will send me one when they figure out what's going on. Fingers crossed!

Badges are about 30 minutes away from me! Should be here tonight or tomorrow. They sent them out Friday after my email by the looks of it. Best thing to fall asleep to. Hubby was ready to cancel everything.