As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat]to[chat]

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    haha orphane your league posts

rarely have i seen someone make frustrated, recurrent posts where they actually came off as the bad guy

you filthy tryhard

I am fully aware of how my league posts sounded! And yet, would you not recommend 20 lashes and a night in thr pillory for someone who built blade of the ruined king on pantheon?

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    Fuck guys I just did a reality check and this isn't reality

What do I do?

nothing

the abyss swallows you

Looks like your reality check

just bounced

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    my parents never got divorced can you even imagine

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Does no one read my post? Well Ares did because he pays attention.

I am in Castle Rock, the opposite side of Denver from you Chu. Like 25-30 minutes south of Denver between Denver and the Spring.

I am hear till Sunday evening. A chunk with friends like I have plans Wednesday and Thursday. Friday is Star Trek with the folks and I have no car just their cars so getting around is a bit harder.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    my parents divorced when I was 5 and one of my most vivid memories is my mom telling my dad she wanted a divorced

I dunno if we want to have a "who has the most disturbing childhood memories from their parents' divorce" competition.

oh I wasn't trying to have a contest, more of a tag onto you dont want your kids to remember it

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    My parents got divorced like 3 years ago and now they both seem vastly happier though my dad's a bit more uppity than he used to be

All 4 of them want too many material things and sometimes it grosses me out a little

But I get it

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    I'm really struggling here.

To follow up on my non-hypothetical from the last chat, how does this sound:

"Hey, <name>. I really hate to ask this because I was looking forward to meeting up with you tonight but I'm not feeling that great - I didn't sleep very well last night. I was hoping I could shake it off by now but... well, I'd rather meet up with you tomorrow if possible?"

Just say you really feel like shit. "I didn't sleep well" is a weak excuse to break a date.

How's this?

"Hey, <name>. You may end up hating me for this, but I've come down with something and can't make it out tonight. Are you free tomorrow instead? If not, how about <other day>?"

Fall on your sword, make it short and to the point, don't use a weak excuse like a little lack of sleep, and for god's sake don't use any ellipses.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Does no one read my post? Well Ares did because he pays attention.

I am in Castle Rock, the opposite side of Denver from you Chu. Like 25-30 minutes south of Denver between Denver and the Spring.

I am hear till Sunday evening. A chunk with friends like I have plans Wednesday and Thursday. Friday is Star Trek with the folks and I have no car just their cars so getting around is a bit harder.

no i didn't read your posts because i couldn't see through the tears of not being invited to hang out

*cries uglily*

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

tumblr_nqz0az03gn1rnmjleo1_500.gif

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    okay car question

when I depress my clutch I am getting rougher feedback through my foot than I am used to, bot on the engage and disengage

I am used to some feeling as it engages and a bit more if I am feathering with gas, but this feels hmm -- a little grittier?

is this a car trub

• Options
    My parents divorced when I was 21 and I had to be the one to tell my dad my mom was seeing someone else because he had no idea.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular

...should we tell him guys?

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    I'm getting a divorce.

This is a good thing, I've decided.

c41.gif

love & hugs

always remember u are welcome to have my room

I'm not sure if you know how close I am to taking you up on that <3

• Options
    my parents never got married. my bio mom said, your dad threw me down some stairs so i decided to have you without him and then i was kind of as mentally ill child so i gave you to family and there you are. my bio dad said ok yeah i was pretty bad on drugs but i didn't throw her down stairs, that's just a lie she tells to rationalize having a mental break, running away, and giving you up.

so i am a bastard, it's worked out p ok for me.

• Options
    this whole line of convo is really putting a damper on my overwhelming desire to post this gif

tumblr_m5qmp7iMtt1r84nrbo2_250.gif

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    My childhood was pretty good.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    this whole line of convo is really putting a damper on my overwhelming desire to post this gif

It's putting a damper on my desire to reply to this gif, too.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular

No that's perfect

that's so me right now

pipe, furrowed brow, tiara, mustache

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Six wrote: »

"Hey, <name>. I really hate to ask this because I was looking forward to meeting up with you tonight but I'm not feeling that great - I didn't sleep very well last night. I was hoping I could shake it off by now but... well, I'd rather meet up with you tomorrow if possible?"

Just say you really feel like shit. "I didn't sleep well" is a weak excuse to break a date.

How's this?

"Hey, <name>. You may end up hating me for this, but I've come down with something and can't make it out tonight. Are you free tomorrow instead? If not, how about <other day>?"

Fall on your sword, make it short and to the point, don't use a weak excuse like a little lack of sleep, and for god's sake don't use any ellipses.

I'm probably overanalyzing, but the reason I would want to say I didn't sleep well is because:

a) I don't want to give the impression that I'm sick because I'm asking her to reschedule for tomorrow. If I am sick, is it really a good idea to meet me tomorrow? Plus, she has a baby.
    b) It's the truth. I didn't sleep well which is 100% why I feel like crap today.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    I was raised by a cup of coffee.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    My parents got divorced like 3 years ago and now they both seem vastly happier though my dad's a bit more uppity than he used to be

All 4 of them want too many material things and sometimes it grosses me out a little

But I get it

You'll feel better if we go shopping

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    my parents never got married. my bio mom said, your dad threw me down some stairs so i decided to have you without him and then i was kind of as mentally ill child so i gave you to family and there you are. my bio dad said ok yeah i was pretty bad on drugs but i didn't throw her down stairs, that's just a lie she tells to rationalize having a mental break, running away, and giving you up.

so i am a bastard, it's worked out p ok for me.

john........

snow??

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    How about this:
    I'm really sorry to ask this last minute since I was looking forward to seeing you today, but is there any chance we could meet tomorrow instead? I 'm not feeling that great today. I really want to see you but I'd rather be in tip-top shape.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    okay car question

when I depress my clutch I am getting rougher feedback through my foot than I am used to, bot on the engage and disengage

I am used to some feeling as it engages and a bit more if I am feathering with gas, but this feels hmm -- a little grittier?

is this a car trub

i don't know much about clutch assemblies because i am a boring driver but my guess would be things like hydraulic fluid needs to be topped off/changed if you have a hydraulic clutch

or maybe like a bad bearing or something

• Options
    Atomika wrote: »

No that's perfect

that's so me right now

pipe, furrowed brow, tiara, mustache

tumblr_n1uat21XCE1sxbhcvo1_400.gif

• Options
    edited July 2016
    on the bright side, my bio mom giving me up instead of coming back to raise me together with family in murrika meant i got an interesting upbringing in israel and got to travel a lot as a sprat and give me a conversation piece with boring white americans.

on the dim side, my bio mom giving me up meant i had to get raised by super violent, foreboding religious survivalists for years which left an indelible print on my brain. also it served a stark reminder that your bio dad can abandon and dodge you even in a country the size of new jersey with fewer people than nyc. feels bad man.

Organichu on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    it seems like divorce shouldn't be as traumatic for kids these days because it's so common

I wonder if it's a cultural thing because of the emphasis we place on forever marriages or if it's just always gonna be rough for kids because they are babs and don't understand grown up shit

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    How about this:
    I'm really sorry to ask this last minute since I was looking forward to seeing you today, but is there any chance we could meet tomorrow instead? I 'm not feeling that great today. I really want to see you but I'd rather be in tip-top shape.

the longer you wait the more its gonna feel like a blow-off and also sucks more to the other person tho

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options

How's this?

I'm probably overanalyzing, but the reason I would want to say I didn't sleep well is because:

a) I don't want to give the impression that I'm sick because I'm asking her to reschedule for tomorrow. If I am sick, is it really a good idea to meet me tomorrow? Plus, she has a baby.
    b) It's the truth. I didn't sleep well which is 100% why I feel like crap today.

rule 1 of relationships is never tell the truth drez

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »

But I get it

You'll feel better if we go shopping

Only if it's your money and we can spend it on food and toilet paper. And maybe a nice sweater, winter is coming.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    okay car question

is this a car trub

i don't know much about clutch assemblies because i am a boring driver but my guess would be things like hydraulic fluid needs to be topped off/changed if you have a hydraulic clutch

or maybe like a bad bearing or something

skippy hasn't changed the oil in 100k miles

she

*grind* *kerchunk*

she just feels a bit clunky yknow

*burning smell*

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    jake when you work out you can eat whatever you want

drown in ice cream sandwiches

live mas

DO IT

i would never steer you wrong

• Options
    drez how is your bp doing

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Haha, from a friend's facebook:
    Saw Arcanine on Pokemon Go radar. Did not find Arcanine. In the process, however, I caught one single Rattata, returned a lost dog to it's owner(!), and returned an errant softball to the team...after watching it nail a random parked car on the street :/

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    i have to tell this girl i'm not gonna go out with her again

ugh

• Options
    jake when you work out you can eat whatever you want

drown in ice cream sandwiches

live mas

DO IT

i would never steer you wrong

i haev eaten chipotle 8 times since july 3rd

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    as an expert flake, i find quick and to the point is the best method

"hey, i feel like a bag of butts today, could we try again tomorrow?"

• Options

How's this?

It's a weak excuse and reads like a blow off, so I wouldn't use it. I'd say have a stomach bug and should be fine tomorrow.

Up to you, though

• Options
    i suppose i have to work out tonight

• Options
    i have to tell this girl i'm not gonna go out with her again

ugh

a girl from back east is being relentless in trying to get me to meet her somewhere in between for a "vacation"

i dont wanna..

C8Ft8GE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.