As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

SMT/Persona: My Neighbor Morgana (P5 out 4/4, if you hold on life will change)

• YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    no, YOU got up at 5 AM to watch the Day Breakers because you needed to see it as soon as you could
    it was pretty fun! very clearly meant to be a side-story to introduce you to a few concepts, but the case is compelling enough and it has a pretty good twist, the fight scene at the end had some Persona-ass Persona moments

my main concern, which mostly came from the format, is that you didn't get all that much time with the Phantom Thieves, so it was hard to really get a handle on their characters beyond a few surface-level traits, which I'm sure the game will do a far better job at

but I am constantly jonesin' for more Persona and my jones is officially filled

• AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    Well then

I'll...wait for a dubbed version I guess

P4 got one

Yeah but P4G didn't, and neither did any of the P3 movies. I doubt we'll get anything but subs.

ZD98Zka.png
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Did you guys see these last few things. I posted them on the GT board because this one was too many pages back for my level of sloth.

mm weapons with varied stats:

From the person who's been translating a lot of the screens and trailers. (http://domi-persona.tumblr.com/)
    and then when they’re switch Ann’s weapon, they compare the new taming whip with other ones to see which one has higher ATK and H-RATE(hit rate) like “oh wow we have so many of the same whip(they have 4 of them in stock)…i think this one has higher atk.. but then that one has higher hit rate… ok we should use the new one”

From one of the Japanese streams.

Some gameplay stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA4ZdBy1qPw

• DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    I finally have a thing that lets me play P4G (the thing is a Vita).

I'm just a bit into Yukiko's Castle but the battles seem quite a bit easier on normal.

And Marie is kinda weird.

Diarmuid wrote: »
    I finally have a thing that lets me play P4G (the thing is a Vita).

I'm just a bit into Yukiko's Castle but the battles seem quite a bit easier on normal.

And Marie is kinda weird.

P4G's a significantly easier game than Vanilla

I figured that was probably the case.

Makes sense to let people see the new stuff as quickly as possible, I guess.

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Your first playthrough could probably be done on Hard for that old school P4 feel.

I'm not too bothered by the difficulty really.

It was just something I noticed fairly quickly.

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    Well then

P4 got one

Yeah but P4G didn't, and neither did any of the P3 movies. I doubt we'll get anything but subs.

I didn't even know P4G had its own movie

Well then

P4 got one

I didn't even know P4G had its own movie

it got a whole series!

it is mostly very bad but the protagonist does suplex the culprit through a table at the end

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Wait, Golden in particular got its own series?

Because I saw a Persona 4 series that was totally English dubbed

EDIT: Huh, what do ya know

UnbreakableVow on
    P4G had an anime that was completely unfollowable if you hadn't played the game to completion.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Yeah, P4G The Animation mostly just follows the Marie additions. I think Episode 2 just cuts from the Protgaonist awakening to Izanagi to the Beach trip with Yukiko, Rise, and Kanji having joined the group.

The P3 movies are really good, though.

Mx. Quill on
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    P4G had an anime that was completely unfollowable if you hadn't played the game to completion.

Ugh, that anime singlehandedly turned me off from JRPGs for a while. Yu Martystukami was everything I hate about JRPG protagonists, epitomized.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i loved the original p4 anime

i never watched the golden one

p3 is better anyway

6vjsgrerts6r.png

p3 is better anyway

did you watch the P3 movies

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »

p3 is better anyway

did you watch the P3 movies

yes

they were noice

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    noice

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    P4ga is fascinating cause it's like dlc for a tv show, it's all golden-exclusive scenes that only make sense if you know the context of the main series but they don't integrate them at all

PNk1Ml4.png
    -Tal wrote: »
    P4ga is fascinating cause it's like dlc for a tv show, it's all golden-exclusive scenes that only make sense if you know the context of the main series but they don't integrate them at all

I wonder if there's been some sort of P4GA Integration Project where some giant dork edits the P4GA content into the original show

I was going to do that, but the blu ray release of P4GA is so overpriced that I couldn't justify spending the money to get them in good quality. Plus there's no dub of P4GA and I wouldn't want to spend all that time on a subbed version. You wouldn't have to do much, just remove a few scenes for continuity and then slot everything in the right order. You can sort of fudge it by watching them in a certain order and skipping some episodes of P4A anyway though.

ZD98Zka.png
    man I guess I am the only person who gave even some semblance of a shit about the Day Breakers huh

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I want to go into the game blind

Also, dubs > subs

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    I watched it! It was good,
    But I was disappointed that it didn't give us a better idea about who the characters are and what the setting is like. It spent too much time on the boring burglars who will never show up again.

Still, as a promo to get me excited for the game, it worked.

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    man I guess I am the only person who gave even some semblance of a shit about the Day Breakers huh

Due to it having no impact on the story or characters it felt a bit pointless.

• ph blakeph blake Registered User regular

I've been out of town all weekend, otherwise I would bee all over that shit.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    Famitsu just released their score and playtime estimate
    39/40, a series high

and 80 hours on average

• ShenShen Registered User regular
    That playtime seems low, though presumably Famitsu will spend far less time than I will stumbling through menus they're unable to read, blindly picking responses and using items and spells more or less at random.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular

Well, there's the fact that talking about anime is pretty frowned upon around here

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    That post + that avatar is a strange mix

Shen wrote: »
    That playtime seems low, though presumably Famitsu will spend far less time than I will stumbling through menus they're unable to read, blindly picking responses and using items and spells more or less at random.

I believe that was their mainline run without doing too much extra side stuff. There was a line about there also being lots of side content to enjoy on top of that.

So yea def not low.

• LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    My runs through 3 and 4 each took about 80 hours.

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Yeah 70-100 hours seems to be the series average, anywhere in there is normal

6F32U1X.png
    both my P4 runs were in the low 60s

I think my P3 run was mid 80s?

Now how much of those extra 20 hours was spent trying to fuse the persona you wanted and going back and forth to get the right skills?

Now how much of those extra 20 hours was spent trying to fuse the persona you wanted and going back and forth to get the right skills?

actually I think I only spent 5 hours playing the game

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    That post + that avatar is a strange mix

Eh... that art style is common in JRPGs. Though I suppose it may be more accurate to call it manga-style as it's usually still.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    one can like anime and also understand the reasons why it is not talked about on the board

liEt3nH.png
This discussion has been closed.