As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Let's get ready to [Hearthstone]! Tournament Details in OP

• Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    make tempo mage t1 just once before flamewaker rotates

Or just like... play tempo mage. It obliterates a lot of the common decks before they can react with a solid opener.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Why play a deck that is unfavored against Warrior, Shaman, Druid, and Zoo?

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    New cards!

c32m0pS.png

0pKKJid.jpg

Moroes seems super weak unless the stewards do something.

The wyrm is essentially a better kodo for Dragon decks, could be good. But 6 mana is quite late.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Moroes would be a funny infinite value card if it weren't for Ravaging Ghoul grrrr

Book Wyrm would be crazy broken if you could use it to cast sw:pain earlier than 6.

• Options
    djFindusdjFindus Registered User regular
    Moroes has Steward synergy in Paladin at least

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Moroes + Darkshire Steward = Yessssssss

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Book wyrm is good stuff I'm pretty sure. It being a dragon helps. Does cost a lot but there's a lot of use there.

The other just feels like it dies too easily. But if it forces an awkward board clear that can be worthwhile for zoo still.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    it's like a shade of naxxramas made out of boardwipe vulnerability

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Moroes + Darkshire Steward = Yessssssss

That's pretty slow though. You're waiting til turn 6 to get guaranteed value out of it, and a 3/3 and two 1/1s with divine shield aren't that scary.

I like the idea of Steward but it hasn't turned out to be a very good card.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Well, you can play them on different turns. T2 coin one and play the other on 3. Maybe not great but doable.

djFindus on
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Sure, but no one is going to let a Steward live for more than a turn. If she doesn't get value, she's bad.

• Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    On it's own, it's not great or OP, but it's another token generator for Druid and Palladin to help swarming tactics and create more combo's. I like it.

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Moroes seems good on paper but then you remember that Ravaging Ghoul exists. And he's also pretty much just a plain worse Imp Master. Dies to any and every AoE. Maybe good synergy with Aggro Pally (Darkshire Steward), but...

Book Wyrm... I dunno. A 6 mana 3/6 is kinda slow. The battlecry is pretty powerful, I guess. I don't think it'll see play, though. It's not really worth running.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    I agree Moroes is likely crap except for arena but at least it is an interesting design :)

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    I have the stupid song in my head.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Question: I'm 3 wins away from a golden hunter with Rexxar but I have 1000 amazon coins expiring tomorrow and I was thinking about spending it on a new hero Alleria. Do i then have to get 500 wins with Alleria to make her golden? If thats the case I might just buy Magni because he looks cooler.

zllehs on
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Aren't paid Heroes golden on purchase?

Oh my god I fucking hate Wallet Warrior. This one wasted his first Brawl. Spent the second one on NZoth, then used Yogg to wipe the Shadow stepped Nzthoh. Warrior needs a nerf. It is too damn invincible.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    zllehs wrote: »
    Question: I'm 3 wins away from a golden hunter with Rexxar but I have 1000 amazon coins expiring tomorrow and I was thinking about spending it on a new hero Alleria. Do i then have to get 500 wins with Alleria to make her golden? If thats the case I might just buy Magni because he looks cooler.

the special heroes only have 1 version

• Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    Can't decide if i would replace cabal shadow priest with book wyrm in dragon priest. More available targets, including some nasty ones like totem golems and twilight guardians. So maybe i would, given that shaman in particular is a tough matchup for dpriest.

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    I was enjoying Hunter yesterday but after peaking into rank 3 I am back to 5 thanks to a plethora of shaman

believe it or not free 5/5s with taunt swing a match pretty much no matter what else has occurred.

• Options
    Book Wyrm's double conditional will make it unplayable I think. Less than 3 attack is easier to hit than Legendary, but Rend was incredibly inconsistent. It's also a 4 mana body with a 2 mana spell that you could normally target, so hitting those conditions breaks you even on tempo instead of getting a boost.

Moroes is harder to pin because tokens have a lot more value than their just their bodies imply. I think he's too slow to go in Zoo, but Druid and Paladin don't have much in the way of turn 3 plays anyways. Especially in token decks, forcing a board wipe to deal with the detritus from a single card can be very valuable. Like say you're against a Warrior, T3 you drop Moroes and he gets off two tokens before dying to a Ghoul, Now Violet Teacher and Onyxia and such have less counterplay options. Or he saves his Ghoul for those and Moroes gets to make a bunch of tokens.

• Options
    Variable wrote: »
    I was enjoying Hunter yesterday but after peaking into rank 3 I am back to 5 thanks to a plethora of shaman

believe it or not free 5/5s with taunt swing a match pretty much no matter what else has occurred.

Yeah I remember when hunter was a good counter to shaman, that's pretty much not the case anymore.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    that tinge of disappointment when your opponent concedes before you can drop yogg

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Hm. Book Wyrm seems good except it's probably too slow. I wonder what its stats would have to be to play it on, say, turn 4.

2/3? 2/4?

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    Book Wyrm's double conditional will make it unplayable I think. Less than 3 attack is easier to hit than Legendary, but Rend was incredibly inconsistent. It's also a 4 mana body with a 2 mana spell that you could normally target, so hitting those conditions breaks you even on tempo instead of getting a boost.

Moroes is harder to pin because tokens have a lot more value than their just their bodies imply. I think he's too slow to go in Zoo, but Druid and Paladin don't have much in the way of turn 3 plays anyways. Especially in token decks, forcing a board wipe to deal with the detritus from a single card can be very valuable. Like say you're against a Warrior, T3 you drop Moroes and he gets off two tokens before dying to a Ghoul, Now Violet Teacher and Onyxia and such have less counterplay options. Or he saves his Ghoul for those and Moroes gets to make a bunch of tokens.

Exactly, moroes can force a premature response because frankly, those tokens get annoying and it's permanent and he's perma stealthed if they don't respond.

Once they use their aoe, you then drop that big combo and boom, soz m8.

I think druid will get the best use out of him.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    Today I made a fun homebrew deck and took it for a spin in Casual Mode.

CotZTUhWYAAAMbs.jpg:large

Dragon Hunter! Tried to kinda emulate Dragon Warrior a bit, to the best of my ability, given Hunter's cards. Fast aggressive deck that curves out into a scary lategame. Early game seems pretty weak, but assuming you get to the lategame? Ohhh boy.

I ran a Control Warrior out of removal pretty early on. I never played more than 2 minions but they were all scary motherfuckers. I was able to keep plowing through all his armor gain, even after Justicar was dropped.

Like legit, you've got:

2 Drakonids (super easy to activate as Hunter)
    2 Highmanes
    2 CotWs
    Ragnaros
    King Krush

Those are some THREATS.

I'm not sure about Dreadscale, but I got my ass handed to me by 1/1s so I needed a way to deal. Either way, the gameplan is controlling the board while still being aggressive early game (Blackwing Techs help with that, solid body), then just jam everything face and trust that you'll get CotW/Krush to end the game. You can set up 2 turn kills pretty easily, CotW to face/Rags on an empty board, then Krush the next turn.

I actually beat a Midrange Shaman too, so that was swell.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    nice dibby, I am gonna rip that off as an alternative to standard mid range that I've been playing

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    So has anyone brought up the possibility of getting that new rogue card after renouncing darkness?

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    I guess, but Renounce is already a gimmick deck. A 1/8 chance to get Rogue and then x/z chance to get the card doesn't do much to improve it.

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Variable wrote: »
    nice dibby, I am gonna rip that off as an alternative to standard mid range that I've been playing

I had a Tempo Mage concede to me after 1) Arcane Missiles failed to kill my Faerie Dragon, leaving it at 1 health 2) Flamewaker+Coin's pings went face.

Astounding!

It's actually pretty fun and I might be onto something. Biggest weakness right now is early game and aggro decks (like Zoo etc). If you lose board control things spiral out of control pretty quick. That's what Explosive Trap is there for, though. Deck might need more two drops..? Dunno. Lategame is solid, at least. King's Elekk can pretty reliably win Jousts due to how top heavy the deck is.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    I guess, but Renounce is already a gimmick deck. A 1/8 chance to get Rogue and then x/z chance to get the card doesn't do much to improve it.

Also depends on how it's coded. Could just be set to give a -2 to all class cards that aren't rogue class, in which case it'll do nothing.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    Midrange Hunter has always been bad against aggro. No healing and just Misha/Houndmaster (Twilight Guardian in this case) for taunts is a rough life.

• Options
    Nice list. Try adding Doomsayers?

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Book Wyrm seems like a neat Dragon, a targeted kill that can take care of 3 attack minions. But 6 mana 3/6 is ehhhh. A 4/7 body and I'd have been pretty happy.

I guess Dragon Paladin could do something with it? But the curve'd be fucky. 5 mana Dragon reducer into Book Wyrm + a 2 drop/hero power?

Edit: But seriously, why is Firelands Portal a thing?

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    https://youtu.be/FmN1e3LCwk4
    Kripp is really mad about Firelands Portal. I don't blame him, but that's why I have almost 7000 constructed wins and 150 arena wins.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    my opinion about moroes is that i'm honestly not sure if he needs to be legendary

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    If he were a 1/3 I think he would be legendary-worthy.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I am sad that Moroes didn't have, "At the Start of Each Turn, Moroes has a 50% chance to randomly fuck up one healer's day."

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    If he were a 1/3 he'd be broken as fuck.

Permanent stealth in this game is ridiculously powerful, so attaching it to a minion means that minion is guaranteed to be ludicrously strong or never see play.

No one's ever run Patient Assassin and no one's ever going to either. On paper there's potential for great value, in reality nearly every board clear does 2 damage, and the ones that deal 1 are even better against it.

• Options
    A 1/3 would be OP because he would necessitate a 5+ mana removal spell. Even 1/2 would probably be broken.