As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Let's get ready to [Hearthstone]! Tournament Details in OP

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I'm gonna say yes to Arcane Missiles because that's a borderline female undead caster. Dragon's Breath is a no after looking at the larger artwork. Boar and Muster are also no since the women aren't prominent enough. All the others mentioned are good.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Also add:

Shaman
    Totemic Might
    Forked Lightning (caster is female)
    Reincarnate

Warlock
    Spreading Madness (close enough)

Neutral
    Illuminator
    Naga Sea Witch
    Spiteful Smith
    Kodorider

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Hmm, does Brawl count for Warrior? There's at least two females in that art.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Keeping the train rolling:

Totemic Might (Draenai female)
    Reincarnate (Can't tell what race, but definitely a female casting the spell)

Drain Life (Orc Female)
    Spreading Madness (The woman is only slightly more in the background than the man on this card)

Charge (Female Night Elf getting attacked)
    Brawl (There's a female troll right front and center)
    Siege Engine (Couple gnome ladies riding the engine)

Illuminator
    Fen Creeper (Gnome on top)
    Naga Sea Witch
    Spectral Smith
    Kodorider
    Bog Creeper (Gnome on top)

Remove:
    Lance Carrier (That's a kid, not a lady I'm pretty sure)

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    man i hope y'all have fun but this tournament sounds jank and roooough

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    man i hope y'all have fun but this tournament sounds jank and roooough

I'm personally really not a fan of "constructed arena" tourneys, and this one sounds like it's gonna be even more awks

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    I crafted a golden Naturalize for this Brawl to have a golden Mill Druid. It's fun and fast.

/edit:

Ok, I'm spectating some random person on Asia (because my only real friend there is offline @hippofant ) and after he failed with Lightwell/Divine Spirit/Inner Fire he's now trying Muster for Battle, Quartermaster and Redemption. That's gonna take a while to get my spectating pack.

He's up against Young Dragon Hawk, ColdBlood, Conceal.

After he lost he changed the secret to Noble Sac.

He actually won! Against a Mechwarper Hunter who got a bad start (no Mechwarpers)

Grobian on
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    Grobian wrote: »
    I crafted a golden Naturalize for this Brawl to have a golden Mill Druid. It's fun and fast.

/edit:

Ok, I'm spectating some random person on Asia (because my only real friend there is offline @hippofant ) and after he failed with Lightwell/Divine Spirit/Inner Fire he's now trying Muster for Battle, Quartermaster and Redemption. That's gonna take a while to get my spectating pack.

He's up against Young Dragon Hawk, ColdBlood, Conceal.

After he lost he changed the secret to Noble Sac.

He actually won! Against a Mechwarper Hunter who got a bad start (no Mechwarpers)

Good Asian Friend @Grobian! Let us battle honourably for 80 gold!

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    so prince malchezar. . .

60 card deck.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    InqInq Registered User regular
    Decent Brawl deck:
    Ice Block, Molten Giant, Loot Hoarder.

It loses to mill, but wins against most of the other stuff.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Y'sharj, Innervate, Barnes is the nastiest thing i've seen I think.

idk what beats that. Maybe mill but you have to pull really well.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    djFindusdjFindus Registered User regular
    I milled my way to a pack... and boy was it fun! I think I'll try Innervate, Barnes, Y'shaarj next

• Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    I manged to clear two barnes at 6 health with my ghetto manawyrm, illusionist, fireball deck. (which had actualy won me two brawls before that)

Then he got two out and double, double, change heal to damage for 24 to the face.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    so prince malchezar. . .

60 card deck.

I did this vs a hunter who ran firebat, camel and kill command.

He got me down to 1 hp. Thankfully the wife pointed out that if I drop deathwing it'd kill my majordomo and heal me back to 8!

Fun win.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    @mnc dover count me in!

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    the problem with malchezzar is his animation does not play 10 times

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    CoffeyCoffey Terre Haute, IndianaRegistered User regular
    A lot of room for some innovation in this Tavern Brawl, with three cards instead of two. Of course, the majority of opponents will still be playing the same decks that dominated when it was 2-cards by just adding a third to the already crazy decks.

You have the Mech Hunter: Mechwarper, Metaltooth Leaper & then the third card is either Annoy-o-Tron or Enhance-o Mechano.
    You have the Mill Druid: Coldlight Oracle, Naturalize & Innervate.
    You have the Ice Block Decks: Usually something like Ice Block, Frost Nova & Fireball.

Mech beats Mill. Mill beats Block. Block beats Mech.
    Rock. Paper. Scissors.

There's a few other decks that pop-up now, like Warlock with Mechazhar's Imp, Silverware Golem & Soulfire. Or sometimes Succubus.
    There's a Mage deck that tries to go infinite with Sorcerer's Apprentice, Arcane Intellect & Forgotten Torch.
    There's still the Bolster Warrior that plays Shieldbearer & then some other card - which ultimately doesn't usually matter.

I honestly had the most fun with Rogue. Novice Engineer, Shadowstep & Edwin Van Cleef. My most satisfying win however was Preparation, Fan of Knives, Edwin Van Cleef where I fanned the entire Mech board & dropped a 14/14 Van Cleef for the insta-concede.

Again, the Brawl is fun, and it's good for knocking out daily quests quickly as the games go super fast, it just gets super boring & stale so fast because people stop trying to come up with new ideas & just join the crowd of everyone else playing the same degenerate decks.

Kripp played Voidcaller, Sacrificial Pact & Mal'Ganis which I thought was genius! ...but then it just lost to the same decks every other deck loses to. Which is why people play the Mech & Mill decks in the first place. Shame.

76561197967491341.png
  • Options

Aye, even though on the left side bar it shows that it does!

Ran into a fun little mage combo. Arcane intellect, torch, sorc apprentice. After a few turns, once they managed to drop three mages down, it was gg from there.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    ShadowofVTShadowofVT Robot Overlord Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Rats, I'm out of town that weekend and won't have time, otherwise I'd be so in on the tournament.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »

Aye, even though on the left side bar it shows that it does!

Ran into a fun little mage combo. Arcane intellect, torch, sorc apprentice. After a few turns, once they managed to drop three mages down, it was gg from there.

Seems to be the common Mage theme, I ran into one that used Ice Lance instead of Torch.

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Y'sharj, Innervate, Barnes is the nastiest thing i've seen I think.

idk what beats that. Maybe mill but you have to pull really well.

This also works in standard.

Sometimes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-NppSnQCdk

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    So thinking about Barnes Ysharr "no minions" hunter deck, is there any other class that could pull this off?

Call of the Wild and the "summon huffer" spells are two legit great cards that make the hunter deck work.
    Secrets are also legit great board clears / single minion clears.

Maybe Mage with all of its removal?

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »
    So thinking about Barnes Ysharr "no minions" hunter deck, is there any other class that could pull this off?

Call of the Wild and the "summon huffer" spells are two legit great cards that make the hunter deck work.
    Secrets are also legit great board clears / single minion clears.

Maybe Mage with all of its removal?

Druid can cheat out un-Barnesable guys as well.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Even the Barnes + normal Hunter Deathrattle minions deck is crazy strong. Hunter just takes such good advantage of Barnes.

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    I can't recall, is there going to be one more expansion at the end of the year? Or is our next expansion in early 2017?

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Probably something announced at Blizzcon in early november and released later that month.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Welcome to the Penny Arcade Forum Variable Tournament!

Our (un)official Penny Arcade Forum will focus on adding some variety to the normally stagnant HS tournament scene. But not only that, there will be prizes!*

Each round of the tournament will feature a different rule set in order to spice up the variety and fun! Each round's restrictions will be stated below except for the final which will be revealed before the game begins to truly test our finalist's deck-building skills!

GENERAL INFO
    • Tournament will take place on Saturday, the 24th at 11:00 am (PST)
    • This will be a 3-round tournament featuring 8 players
    • Decks must be built and submitted before the tournament to me
    • Each round is win with 3 different decks to proceed
    • There are a lot of games so players are encouraged not to play too slowly
    • Players must have Paypal accounts to claim 2nd/3rd place prizes
    • Screenshots are encouraged as well as spectating
    • You might be streamed if someone is up for it
    • Top 4 players will need to communicate so please be chat ready
    • First 8 people are in, all others are alternates
    • If you want to stream or commentate, let me know

ROUNDS
    1st round: Ladies Night! Make 3 decks from different classes containing only cards that feature females. Win with all 3 decks to move on!

If you're unsure if a character featured is female, do a quick Google search (example: Alexstraza is female). Mechs, giants, and beasts are all considered neutral and therefore unplayable. The lone exception is Misha who is confirmed female, allowing both Animal Companion and Call of the Wild playable. This is Wild format and any debatable cards will be settled by me. Please note: Read the alt text for hints...especially Master of Disguise.

2nd round: Arena Constructed! Go to Hearthhead Arena and choose one of the 3 classes offered. Draft a deck as usual. After you finish, you'll make two extra decks out of the remaining cards you didn't select. Win with all 3 decks to move on!

This obviously can't be perfect given the restrictions of Constructed rules (2 cards max per type), so try and draft accordingly. Like, if you're offered a 3rd Fireball, don't select it for your first deck. In the rare case you're offered 7 Fireballs, well one will become a Forgotten Torch or something equivalent. Your first deck will be set in stone, but your follow-up decks can have lots of synergy! Draft smart and make sure not to select all the good cards!

If you're given card choices that you don't have, let me know and we'll find an equivalent card. Also, the site is a little buggy, so don't draft too fast. Sometimes cards don't have images, but are still selectable. If this occurs, get a screenshot and choose a card. The other cards will show up in the final tally and I'll allow for substitutions with proper documentation. I highly suggest doing a practice round to get used to the site before going all-in.

Finally, make sure and screenshot your final card choices in case you forget a card or whatever. Make sure you complete this well ahead of time so it won't slow the tournament down. This will be on an honor system, so no rerolling classes or reloading card choices please. All questions, card alternates, and so on will be settled by me.

FINALS Surprise round! Our two finalists won't know the rules until they begin play. Each will have 10-minutes to create a deck based on mystery restrictions. Should be silly fun! 3rd/4th place will also be playing in this hidden format.

PRIZES
    • First Place! A $20 Blizzard gift card generously provided by our own @Roz! Buy 15 card packs of your choice! Perhaps get those two alt art heroes! Buy an Adventure! It's your credit, do with it as you please!
    • Second Place! I'll buy you an alt art Hero! Choose between Magni, Alleria, or Medivh! Already have 'em all? Well, put that $10 towards cards or whatever.
    • Third Place! I'll buy your Welcome Bundle! That's right, 10 free packs + a guaranteed class legend! A $5 value on me!

Winners will be expected to take pictures of their rewards and post 'em on the forums!

*Prize notes: First prize will be a $20 gift card code that I will PM to you. In order to claim your 2nd or 3rd place prize, you MUST have a Paypal account and be willing to share your email address via PM with me. Please keep this in mind if you enter the tournament. If you win, you can always forfeit your prize to someone else with a Paypal account if you choose. While you are receiving money, I do fully expect you to spend it on your actual reward so please post screenshots of your winnings!

PLAYERS:
    Kime
    Yilias
    KoopahTroopah
    MMMig
    Betsuni

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    I still need 4 more people! C'mon, you wanna live forever?!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Would you guys accept someone who doesn't have all the cards to play? I have a bunch but missing some epics here and there as well as a bunch of legendaries.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I can't play at that time or I'd be in. It even has my name in the title.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Huh, good brawl combo.

Barnes + deathwing dragonlord + mind vision (that one wasn't necessary)

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Would you guys accept someone who doesn't have all the cards to play? I have a bunch but missing some epics here and there as well as a bunch of legendaries.

Absolutely! We love everyone. I don't think you need a lot of Epics/Legends to make this work.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

Absolutely! We love everyone. I don't think you need a lot of Epics/Legends to make this work.

I definitely don't have all the cards either, btw.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    The welcome bundle is live now with the new patch. Mine ended up netting me Jaraxxus and a bunch of dust.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    MNC Dover wrote: »

I definitely don't have all the cards either, btw.

You fooled me watching you play.

I'll have to check the calendar but pencil me in @MNC Dover . At least it will remove some of the salt I have built up playing this game.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Welcome Bundle update is up.

Other news:
    Tyrande as alternate Priest hero and Tyrande card back coming soon via special promotion.
    Some deck recipes are updated.
    Arena changes are in effect.
    Bug Fixes

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/20271422/hearthstone-update-september-15-2016-9-15-2016

Muffinatron on
    PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    Arena Druid vs Mage. I'm in full control and been playing tempo all game. My board is a 3/2 and 5/2 on turn 8. He had no clear the prior turn and was down to near lethal range. So naturally it was Babbling Book, RNG Flamestrike. With a clear board, he gained control and went Medivh -> double fireball (one of which was Kor'Kron Elite for lethal).

Fuck Arena!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »
    The welcome bundle is live now with the new patch. Mine ended up netting me Jaraxxus and a bunch of dust.

Not live on mobile, can anyone else confirm?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    jgeis wrote: »

Not live on mobile, can anyone else confirm?

It's up on mac. 1.7gb update.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Csaf9ufWYAAofFs.jpg

WE ALL SET FOR THAT DUMBHAMMER NERF BOYS

Oooooh boy thank you Welcome Bundle. Got a Jaraxxus as the class leggo, which was a dupe (I have all the classic Class leggos anyway).

Waiting to disenchant anything from Classic packs at all til they announce more nerfs. Which will happen.

UNTIL THEN THO. We gonna SMOrc in style tonight. 8-)

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582