As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Legion: Kingdoms are being burnt

• Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Help me I'm stuck in the Transmog Zone. Everyone must be dressed up! EVERYONE.

Except my Druid, she can look like a clown because she's in Cat form anyway.

For shame! What if someone looks you up on the armory!?

Also, you can REALLY tell the difference between the art styles of different expansions. Since the armor is mostly organized chronologically, it's very easy to point out when TBC ended and Cata started, because there is just a brown smear in the middle. Same for when Mists ends and when wod starts. Hopefully they can manage to do a bit better in Legion, what I've actually looked at in the appearance tab they've at least found colors other than gray and brown.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Javen wrote: »
    The only useful thing about today's Q&A:

Demon Hunters will be able to talk cross-faction with Demonic.
    Please tell me this also means Arcane Linguist mages will be able talk to them via demonic.
    Demonic is not a racial language. Blood/Night Elves still have their racial languages in addition to Demonic, so I doubt Arcane Linguist will let you speak with them.

It's possible you can understand Alliance Panderan since Panderan seems to be one language now instead of some weird arbitrary thing. However, this depends on how important the whole "allies" part of the effect is.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    ...it's very easy to point out when TBC ended and Cata started, because there is just a brown smear in the middle. Same for when Mists ends and when wod starts. Hopefully they can manage to do a bit better in Legion, what I've actually looked at in the appearance tab they've at least found colors other than gray and brown.

There was a whole expansion between TBC and Cata. Or is that what you mean?

• Options
    Mugsley wrote: »
    There was a whole expansion between TBC and Cata. Or is that what you mean?

That's what I meant. wrath and wod gear mostly looks like trash compared to other expansions.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    eh there were quite a few good sets in wrath

WoD, I dunno. I feel like a lot of the gear just looked really boring, and the sets that had good concepts a lot of the time went overboard and wound up looking busy

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    "wound up looking busy" is my number 1 criticism of gear over time

sometimes they pull it off, but i think the simplicity of earlier expansions is generally visually superior, works within the limitations of the engine and so on

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    I think the problem is that gear is still mostly skins instead of polygons. Like, if you look at Star Wars: The Old Republic, their gear is much better looking while staying relatively simple. The team does an amazing job creating depth through shading, but it makes it a bitch to try to match the old with the new, and frankly, I'd like to see the textures pop off my chest rather than look weird when viewed in profile.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    A lot of the newer gear just looks like they had some interns mess around in photoshop for a bit, and then there is one set that an actual artist did. I end up using transmogs from vanilla or tbc for the vast majority of characters. The only part that bugs me sometimes is that some sets of gear are only half attainable because cata eliminated a way to get some, OR they only ever released half of a recolored set to begin with. Also, I would kill to get a few nice looking non robe armor for cloth.

• Options
    italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    Unfortunately the site hasn't been updated since MoP, but I like WoW Roleplay Gear for looking up stylish old-world sets:
    http://wowroleplaygear.com/2010/01/03/stylish-cloth-sets/

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    What does PL mean in raid finder?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »

...personal loot?

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    So that mOnArs WardrobeHelper addon has really come a long way since someone first linked it on here, and that was roughly a week ago. If you're into collecting gear for your wardrobe collection from instances/raids, definitely consider getting it.

c61d97d8057c91adc9056714ed1ce131.png

It also looks like he's working on expand it to non-instance gear, which is nice.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »

...personal loot?

Oh. That makes sense. I usually just do LFR.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Wiped my TSM addon and set about reconfiguring it with all the operations for sales at least.

Already made 30K gold today, which is 3/4 of a sub pretty much. Forgot just how simple it is to make gold when you just take a little time to properly set up the addon. Also the desktop app is vital for making sure market prices remain accurate.

• Options
    I farmed aq20 last night for greens for about an hour. People are willing to pay a lot for the greens that only drop from there.

• Options
    StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    Ugh, the process of joining a mythic in custom groups with a 705 shammy healer has reminded me why keystone dungeons are not going to work for most people in Legion. I love spending time in a neutral zone watching apps gets declined.

• Options
    Starting your own groups always has and always will be the most surefire way of avoiding that. Problem is that no one ever wants to organize or be in charge of anything. Basically the ashran problem for the last 2 years lol.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Ugh, the process of joining a mythic in custom groups with a 705 shammy healer has reminded me why keystone dungeons are not going to work for most people in Legion. I love spending time in a neutral zone watching apps gets declined.

The problem with mythic dungeons is there's nothing harder, so you have people who are 730+ queuing up for the same groups as people who are 680+, and naturally a big chunk of groups will wait until they can get 730 people.

The exact opposite will happen with keystones.

Loot steadily increases up to +10. You will not find a group of people forming for a +2 keystone run asking for an ilvl 860 healer, because an ilvl 860 healer will be doing +5 or +6, not +2. People will slot neatly into gear brackets.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Wiped my TSM addon and set about reconfiguring it with all the operations for sales at least.

Already made 30K gold today, which is 3/4 of a sub pretty much. Forgot just how simple it is to make gold when you just take a little time to properly set up the addon. Also the desktop app is vital for making sure market prices remain accurate.

@Madican Maybe you can help me out with TSM.

I've tried to use it in the past but to be honest none of the guides make a lick of real sense. As with many things, people get way too wordy.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    So, I have a venting and a question.

Venting: I am at my wits end with mythics. I have 2 of the trinkets, and have killed ~50 bosses and have not gotten a 3rd. This is just maddening. GAH!

Question: Anyone have suggestions as how to flip sorcerous elements? I can't seem to sell them on the AH at what seems to be market value. Is there a better way?

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    you'd have to find something you can turn your sorcs into, like tailoring bags

they are so plentiful that most people trip over all they need

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    you'd have to find something you can turn your sorcs into, like tailoring bags

they are so plentiful that most people trip over all they need

Hmmm...was afraid of that. Anything other than bags that's good to craft?

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Ah, I found a way to un-fuck the nameplates.
    /script SetCVar("nameplateMaxDistance", 40)

Will reduce the range at which nameplates appear back to their pre-legion distance (which helps with clutter from too many plates in crowded fights)

/script SetCVar("nameplateOtherTopInset", -1) SetCVar("nameplateOtherBottomInset", -1)

Will remove the clamping that keeps the nameplates of off-screen units at the edges of the screen.

/script SetCVar("nameplateOverlapV", 0.45)

Will reduce the distance between nameplates when using the stacking nameplates so they're not a huge floaty mess.

LD50 on
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Nice. Are scripts character specific?

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Quick question. Is there anything bad about Blood DK during this transition period or was I just with the worst one of all time, considering they died on literally every trash pull and boss in Iron Docks Mythic. I checked their gear and sure enough full PvP except for the 620 blue chestpiece.

• Options
    Nice. Are scripts character specific?

Yes, you'll have to do it for each character.

Also, to reset them to their old values you can do:
    /run for _, v in pairs({"nameplateMaxDistance", "nameplateOtherTopInset", "nameplateOtherBottomInset", "nameplateOverlapV"}) do SetCVar(v, GetCVarDefault(v)) end

• Options
    Quick question. Is there anything bad about Blood DK during this transition period or was I just with the worst one of all time, considering they died on literally every trash pull and boss in Iron Docks Mythic. I checked their gear and sure enough full PvP except for the 620 blue chestpiece.

They're probably not using their runes for Marrowrend. That's been the problem for bad dk's that I've ran into. Good dks seem to be just fine.

• Options
    ReddayeReddaye Registered User regular
    Finally finished up the Anglers dailies and grabbed my water strider yesterday. I skipped MoP and most of WoD, but it seems like in Legion the water walking will be handy around the Broken Isles. I guess it took a little less than a month since I fished up the odd quest fish for Nat.

Now to decide on a main for Legion, and also finally take my leave of this guild which is clearly not going anywhere. :(

• Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    Reddaye wrote: »
    Finally finished up the Anglers dailies and grabbed my water strider yesterday. I skipped MoP and most of WoD, but it seems like in Legion the water walking will be handy around the Broken Isles. I guess it took a little less than a month since I fished up the odd quest fish for Nat.

Now to decide on a main for Legion, and also finally take my leave of this guild which is clearly not going anywhere. :(

Yeah I feel your pain on the guild thing. Having an extremely hard time finding a place to go.

• Options
    ReddayeReddaye Registered User regular
    Wavechaser wrote: »
    Reddaye wrote: »

Yeah I feel your pain on the guild thing. Having an extremely hard time finding a place to go.

It's rough times on the guild front for sure. I've been playing with the same core group since Cata, and a few that we picked up in early WoD, before I decided I wasn't enjoying the expansion. So that makes it even harder. They're just not very active, and I'm not overly interested in going through the motions of trying to rebuild our membership for the second or third time.

Tough times finding a guild that fits my style and schedule though. I might just forget raiding and focus on Mythic+ in Legion. Should allow for more flexibility, and still give me some fun PVE progression.

• Options
    I'm pretty sure my guild will have a surge of resubscribers with Legion and there might be some raiding too, but I don't expect to join them in that this time. Right now there's a handful of people playing, and two of them are doing mythic raids via openraid. while the rest of us do other stuff.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure my guild will have a surge of resubscribers with Legion and there might be some raiding too, but I don't expect to join them in that this time. Right now there's a handful of people playing, and two of them are doing mythic raids via openraid. while the rest of us do other stuff.

Yeah, even if the PA PVE set don't field enough to raid, there's going to be people who do Openraid quite a bit. Joining Pax Arcadia on Draenor is an option if you just want a guild bank and the perks, plus some PA folks to kick around with.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Huh, European token prices have gone down to 75k. First time they're below 80k in a good while.

reVerse on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Man I remember when they were barely 20k. WoD inflation or Legion surge?

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    They've slowly climbed over time. https://wowtoken.info/

NA price is about double when I left.

Nosf on
  • Options
    KeemossiKeemossi Registered User regular
    LD50 wrote: »
    Soul Barrier is flat out better than Last Stand if you can use Soul Barrier well. Last Stand might have some nieche use with absorbing something specific, but the kind of absorption SB gives you every 20 seconds is way better than the 30% health LS gives you. I've never been a fan of the 'avoid death once' safety net mechanics; you're always better off being better and just not needing them (and I think SB can give you that).

Nether Bond is strange and I think will mostly be a pvp talent (although I can see a pve use for it in fights where the off tank doesn't have anything to do, or if there is a long period of very heavy dot damage and if splitting it over two targets makes it easier for your tank healer).

I'm not really a fan of cheat death talents otherwise, for much the same reasons. Last Resort though is cheat death *and* Metamorphosis, with Metamorphosis eventually being at least 45% more health and some pain regen. That's a pretty good deal. Especially with the 50% leech talent, though I'm not really sure that one's worth it. I think it's great for pugging though, you can recover from bad situations even even if healer's not up to it.

Nether Bond can be used to keep somebody else alive, which could be fairly useful against some mechanics I guess.

• Options
    I finally pulled the trigger and preordered Legion. This is the first time I've bought a WoW product digitally. Previously, I always bought the physical collector's editions of vanilla WoW and the expansions. I'm realizing now that I never actually watch the making-of DVDs that come with it and I probably only look at the art books that come with them once. And I never use the mousepads because I don't want them to wear out!

I do love the in-game stuff you get with the collector's editions, though, so I still ordered the digital equivalent of the CE.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2016
    I still have my Vanilla and TBC CE boxes. I stopped getting the CE once Wrath ended my streak, but I think the physical CE is worth it for the art book.

EDIT: Still have product catalog. Second page is for Starcraft Ghost.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Welp, fell off the wagon while cleaning out my desk and finding an ooooold 2 month sub card. Next thing I know, I'm buying Legion, and am now playing pretty pretty princess with all of my old characters. Oh how I missed you, construction helmet, I'm sorry I sold you back when I was leveling during the Burning Crusade.

Now to get some shirts and tabards to finish out my Fashionista achievment

This discussion has been closed.