As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Legion: Kingdoms are being burnt

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    That may not be people not looting, I saw a couple Bug Reports that if a creature is multitapped you can't gather from it.

• Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    It isn't a bug basically it works like you are in a group. If somebody does not loot you can't skin while loot is still on the body.

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    You can, people just aren't looting.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I did find as a healer you always forget to loot, or I do, mainly because I'm high strung trying to keep up with the group.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Ah, I misremembered what I saw. WoW Dev statement:

• Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    So I was pleasantly surprised on my level boosted character to discover that gathering no longer blocks you from gathering from nodes that are way above your level and allowing you to skill. I would assume it's this way for Herbalism/Mining at least, does it work the same way for skinning?

Trying to figure out the best ones to pick on my boosted char with no financial resources yet.

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Nobody wrote: »
    There was a blue post that they're considering adding the engineering AH to this version of Dalaran.

He's there already, I was using him last night. Just not standing on the table like he was in Wrath, he's hanging out over by Reaves.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    So I was pleasantly surprised on my level boosted character to discover that gathering no longer blocks you from gathering from nodes that are way above your level and allowing you to skill. I would assume it's this way for Herbalism/Mining at least, does it work the same way for skinning?

Trying to figure out the best ones to pick on my boosted char with no financial resources yet.

Yeah sometimes you'll get chunks you have to combine into a full piece of ore and whatnot, great change I think.

• Options
    SniperGuy wrote: »

Yeah sometimes you'll get chunks you have to combine into a full piece of ore and whatnot, great change I think.

Chunks I believe are not in legion, you just get less ore now.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    Subtlety is my fav rogue spec but it's really hard to pass up the kingslayer's or badass pirate blades.

• Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    I hit 110 last night on my balance druid. Still love playing him, thankfully.

Now I have to figure out how world quests work and how they fit into the picture. Some of my guildies are already beating the mythic drums so I need to get ready for those shenanigans.

Just a quick perusal of all this stuff and I can see why people say "There are no alts in Legion." Any of them would be a major time investment. I have 13 lvl 100s kicking around. >.> I think I'm just going to do their main spec artifact quests. So far Holy Paladin and Arcane Mage both have had great Artifact quests.

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I dunno why people think alts will be such a huge issue; it's day four of the expansion so you still have plenty of things to do on your main, but in a couple weeks that'll thin out. Once the mad scramble for upgrades slows down and you have your reps there'll be plenty of time to play alts (emissary quests only repopulate every three days, after all.)

Plus on alts you don't necessarily play that much, you'll be able to log in and cherrypick WQs that give you good gear without spending a lot of time.

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    I'm doing the "two main" strategy this expansion, since I have friends on both sides of the faction war that want me to tank for them. So my Warrior will be my Horde main and my Druid will be my Alliance main.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    Slayer of DreamsSlayer of Dreams Registered User regular
    Duders.

DUDERS.

DUDERS.

You can zoom in on the flight path map. And it shows the quests you have!

Steam: Slayer of Dreams / BladeCruiser / (EHJ)BooletProof
    R*SC: BladeCruiser
    Check out my GTAV-PC custom race tracks inspired by real life racing circuits!
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    3clipse wrote: »
    That may not be people not looting, I saw a couple Bug Reports that if a creature is multitapped you can't gather from it.

I was having this problem the other night. Specifically, it was telling me the body was already tapped and I would not be allowed to skin it. Did not stop others from skinning my kills though, so screw you game.

Side note, the faction tapping is such bullshit. Why half fix the problem? So many times every mob in the area will be tapped because there's a Horde running around doing the same quest. It's dumb.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    I'm doing the "two main" strategy this expansion, since I have friends on both sides of the faction war that want me to tank for them. So my Warrior will be my Horde main and my Druid will be my Alliance main.

this is what I'm doing, buuuuutttt I still can't decide what I want my second character to be. I think it would be priest, but disc seems so awkward/underpowered now. Maybe I'll just do paladin.

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    Is there anyway to extract and keep relics from artifacts?

• Options
    NumiNumi Registered User regular
    Is there anyway to extract and keep relics from artifacts?

Pretty sure you can't.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Huzzah, Archdruid title unlocked!

And third artifact slot, but fuck that, I'm an Archdruid!

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    do you not need to do the quest where you get 10 things from class hall missions to get that? It seemed like that one would probably take a while to complete

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    do you not need to do the quest where you get 10 things from class hall missions to get that? It seemed like that one would probably take a while to complete

Every time I sent dudes out for it, the same quest would pop back up right away so I could send more people on it. So at one point I had 3 separate missions for the same Fragment going on at once.

Characters
  • Options
    KeemossiKeemossi Registered User regular
    Damn druids, apparently you guys can get the class hall campaign done way faster than other classes. We had some in guild finishing it earlier as well. I'm still like 30h+ from finishing the time gate missions on monk. Pff :P

• Options
    GnomeTank wrote: »

this is what I'm doing, buuuuutttt I still can't decide what I want my second character to be. I think it would be priest, but disc seems so awkward/underpowered now. Maybe I'll just do paladin.

I don't think Disc is under powered, but it is very different and weird, even awkward at times. It plays like no other healer. If you're going to do Holy Paladin though, why not just do Holy Priest?

Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Disc is just.. a cluster fuck in aoe situations I feel. I am GREAT at keeping up myself or someone else, but trying to get 5 people up and stable is a huge clusterfuck as Discipline. It just makes dungeons a chore. I'm currently funneling artifact stuff towards my holy staff now, to give it a shot and see if I enjoy that more to heal with.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    Holy Paladins get a big fuck off hammer for one...

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Holy Priest is like the baseline healer of healers. It plays like you think a healer should play, basically. It's good at single target, good at AoE, relatively straight forward. It's not my favorite healing class, that's Resto Shaman, but it's pretty much the healerist healer in the game. Very classic feeling.

GnomeTank on
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I tried to do some disc and it's just too weird for me. Shadow/holy all the way.

• Options
    mostly just because I'm already playing rdruid and holy priest seemed pretty similar to that. Maybe I'll just keep leveling both a bit and decide later

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    Aegis wrote: »

Every time I sent dudes out for it, the same quest would pop back up right away so I could send more people on it. So at one point I had 3 separate missions for the same Fragment going on at once.

hah, I assume this must be a bug given the time requirements other classes face. Time to get on spamming those missions I guess

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Could be a bug. I had a problem where my first long class mission (4 hours) completed. Went to go collect it and it hung basically on the completion screen. Logged out and back in, completed it, saw the "quest item" looted, and proceeded to not get quest credit for the mission, forcing me to do it over again (it was back on my board). Pissed me off for wasting a bunch of time I could have spent working on the next step.

I assume it was related to all the DDOS crap going on as that seemed to be happening around that time (though it seemed better by the time I went to complete the quest.. Guess not)

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    MelksterMelkster Registered User regular
    Subtlety is my fav rogue spec but it's really hard to pass up the kingslayer's or badass pirate blades.

I loooooove sub. Shadowstep is life. And I like that most our damage is front-loaded -- unlike Outlaw and especially Assassination, which takes a bit more ramp up time. And the auto-teleport of Shadowstrike is really wonderful.

But Outlaw is cool too. Grapple is less good than Shadowstep for many situations, I find, but it is super fun when questing out in the world. Also, it's waaay better at AOE situations -- you can aggro a ton of mobs, pop parry and blade flurry and adrenaline rush, and AOE everything down. On the other hand, Roll the Bones isn't as fun when you constantly roll buffs that are really bad for questing. (For a while I was running with S&D.)

I leveled through Stormheim as Sub, and Azsuna and Highmountain as Outlaw. Now that I have the toys from Highmountain that increase your mobility a ton, I'll probably return to Sub for the last zone...

Aside, I wish that Subterfuge (the talent that lets you use stealth-based abilities for 3 seconds after breaking stealth, and makes shadow dance last longer) was baseline for Sub. =( It feels so necessary for that specialization. I really love the +20% movement speed in stealth though, which is another ability in that talent level.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    I'm minding my own business finishing a world quest and making my way back to a flight point. I had avoided a bunch of alliance in front of me but otherwise didn't pay any mind. As I'm crossing a bridge, a Warrior charges me and a Paladin comes, having apparently followed me this entire time.

So I Typhoon the two of them off the bridge. And then I Full Moon crit the Paladin for 950k, one-shotting him as he was damaged a little bit.

I have the largest grin on my face right now.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Duders.

DUDERS.

DUDERS.

You can zoom in on the flight path map. And it shows the quests you have!

/angels sing

• Options
    I'm minding my own business finishing a world quest and making my way back to a flight point. I had avoided a bunch of alliance in front of me but otherwise didn't pay any mind. As I'm crossing a bridge, a Warrior charges me and a Paladin comes, having apparently followed me this entire time.

So I Typhoon the two of them off the bridge. And then I Full Moon crit the Paladin for 950k, one-shotting him as he was damaged a little bit.

it's too bad they stopped the moon spells from working with owlkin frenzy, that was the funniest thing on beta

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options

it's too bad they stopped the moon spells from working with owlkin frenzy, that was the funniest thing on beta

Instant cast Full Moons would be so stupid

God I wish I got to experience them.

Characters
  • Options
    danxdanx Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Balance is just so much fun. The artifact really completes the spec. I was sceptical about the spec when the patch dropped and nearly didn't level it. Glad I didn't level go for the shaman instead. Dropping the moon on everything is too much fun. Throwing a ghost wolf at people occasionally also doesn't get old either even though it's passive. Especially if everything crits.

I'm doing the quest with the owl kittens at the moment. I hope we get one as a pet. So cute.

edit: spoke to soon. It's a chain. :D

danx on
  • Options
    I got a murder squid this morning. I'm going to call it Shirley.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

Whoever put non-PvP quests in a free for all PvP area should be fired.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    @Aegis don't forget about your flight master whistle for returning to flight points.

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular

That's no moon!

Oh wait shit it is a moon /splat

This discussion has been closed.