Options

[Pokemon], Home of Legendary Opinions and Victini Promos

• Options
    ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    So im sure these leaks were posted before.
    But.

Scope that girl on the second image who is sitting down. Then head to 3:22 in the video.
    Look familiar?
    KsW8rnf.jpg

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure it's still "collect these 8 badges"

It's just that now instead of 8 gym leaders it's 4 trial captains and 4 kahunas

Oh, I never made the connection between the captains and Kahunas as separate "gym leaders". Yeah that makes sense.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    I mean ice is super effective against all this grass and flowers

Yeah but fire doesn't melt in the tropics like ice does

Well that's why you don't see any snorunts

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular

but weak against the hot hot sun! and the exotic bugs! if they learned new moves rather than changed type it would make more sense to me, but that's way less splashy of a design decision, of course

i like the overall idea, though

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Presumably the ice types live up in the mountain peaks

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Zenyatoo wrote: »
    So im sure these leaks were posted before.
    But.

Scope that girl on the second image who is sitting down. Then head to 3:22 in the video.
    Look familiar?
    KsW8rnf.jpg

Man I hope not

Litten turning into that stupid fire thing would be the worst

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Thinking about it. Im kinda sad about Lurantis.

It's a cool looking mantis pokemon. Except it has weird dumb pants. And also is pure grass type?

Like, I want to put it on my team because cute mantis pokemon. But I dont want to put it on my team because wow what good even are you.

• Options

but weak against the hot hot sun! and the exotic bugs! if they learned new moves rather than changed type it would make more sense to me, but that's way less splashy of a design decision, of course

Pretty sure the idea is "these perfect, classic Pokemon designs don't really track with our busy, overdesigned modern style. We need an excuse to redesign them," which was also the driving idea behind Mega Evolution.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Man I'm really excited about this sandslash

Gonna name it 2Fast

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Those Z moves are...weird. I get that they're the equivalent of fighting games' full-meter moves or whatever

But that fire move was just an atomic bomb. Everyone's dead. There are no survivors

• Options

Pretty sure the idea is "these perfect, classic Pokemon designs don't really track with our busy, overdesigned modern style. We need an excuse to redesign them," which was also the driving idea behind Mega Evolution.

Joel I think you need to see a surgeon about that stick

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    The alternative Vulpix is dope

Also, Gumshoos is hilarious

• Options
    Keith wrote: »
    Those Z moves are...weird. I get that they're the equivalent of fighting games' full-meter moves or whatever

But that fire move was just an atomic bomb. Everyone's dead. There are no survivors

I mean, Hyper Beam has existed since Gen I and a good defensive 'mon can shake off that laser death ray like it's nothing, then this doesn't really bother me. I'm just not keen on the mechanic--it definitely adds a new wrinkle to battle strategies, but I'm not sure it's a wrinkle I like.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    The alternative Vulpix is dope

Also, Gumshoos is hilarious

His pose is so so good

• Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    I love the idea of redesigned classic Pokemon instead of exclusively new ones, but I hope we get more Mega Evolutions too.

• Options

Joel I think you need to see a surgeon about that stick

Nah. There's been a noticeable shift in overarching design over the years and there's absolutely nothing wrong with preferring the older, often simpler, style.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular

well sure, it's just an odd presentation choice for the idea

it took pokemon who i would've expected to fit right in in the prototypical island environment and changed them, rather than making ill-suited pokemon adapt to the island lifestyle, mon

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    I still like most of the new Pokemon they've shown off. Dancing bird's cool, and, between that Rock thing and Mimikyuu, it's clear that they liked the idea of adaptive form Pokemon but realized Aegislash's implementation was a bit broken and I think that's neat.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Not sure about the Alola form stuff (same complaint I have about Mega designs) and the Z-moves (although Bloom Doom is a fantastic name). Mudsdale's prevo is great though.

And is this Island Challenge taking the place of Gym Leaders? If so that sucks because there are only four. If not, well, they haven't done a good job of not making this game look small as hell thus far.
    8 - 4 trials and a totem battle and 4 Kahunas who probably have gym like areas

Alola formes is a great idea. Crazy new typings /stats for old pokemon. Want to see more(Bellosom for instance)

Z moves Ill wait and see on.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    There's also nothing super busy or overdesigned about the alternative forms? Like, one looks like a palm tree and the others are...white

• Options

well sure, it's just an odd presentation choice for the idea

it took pokemon who i would've expected to fit right in in the prototypical island environment and changed them, rather than making ill-suited pokemon adapt to the island lifestyle, mon

Although if this is the tact they're taking, maybe we'll get a hula Ludicolo. The best possible result of this all.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    The concept of Alola forms is really cool and not something I had thought of before

• Options
    curious if the z-moves are based on damage dealt, damage taken, turns progressed, or some combination thereof

and if there's any windup or answer to it other than maybe eating a fuckin death ray once a match

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Yeah like

They made ninetales light blue and made some of its tufts of hair wavy

There's nothing "busy" about that

• Options

It's a cool looking mantis pokemon. Except it has weird dumb pants. And also is pure grass type?

Like, I want to put it on my team because cute mantis pokemon. But I dont want to put it on my team because wow what good even are you.

Theres a type of Mantis that mimics a flower. @Bugboy has mentioned it before I think.
    This is a clever inversion

• Options
    Also, I don't think busy and overdesigned is a universal constant for newer generations, anyways.

• Options
    curious if the z-moves are based on damage dealt, damage taken, turns progressed, or some combination thereof

and if there's any windup or answer to it other than maybe eating a fuckin death ray once a match

Yeah, we definitely need more details on them. Eating a fuckin' death ray once a match would be bad and I would not like that.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    The type changes they actually went with were a bit weird. Ice Fairy Ninetales? Good. Frozen Sandslash is also a Steel type? Okay... Dragon type Exeggutor... What?

• Options

I imagine I'd you can anticipate when it might come out, you could probably block it with a protect. But if you guess wrong...

• Options

Theres a type of Mantis that mimics a flower. @Bugboy has mentioned it before I think.
    This is a clever inversion

Im just going to assume he meant this pretty thing.
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/36/Insect_camouflage_PP08338.png

But uh. Yeah. No, my issue isnt that it's a grass so much as it isnt also something else. Hell even Bug/Grass would be more optimal than pure grass for my purposes.

• Options
    Sandslash looks the same as old sandslash but a slightly different color, sandshrew just has a little hat

I don't think I know what your definition of overdesigned is

• Options

Yeah, we definitely need more details on them. Eating a fuckin' death ray once a match would be bad and I would not like that.

Its almost certianly limited to non evolved pokemon going on who they showed using it

• Options
    Sandslash looks the same as old sandslash but a slightly different color, sandshrew just has a little hat

I don't think I know what your definition of overdesigned is

Eh, you're right, I was kind of projecting my issues with Megas onto this. Upon rewatch they're okay. Ninetails and Sandshrew are the only ones I particularly like, but they're all fine visually.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

Its almost certianly limited to non evolved pokemon going on who they showed using it

that would be

a really weird choice

• Options

nah, they just didn't want to show the starters' evolutions yet. don't think there's any real indicator it's non-evolved only

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Sandshrew is very sensitive about his new hat, okay

6F32U1X.png
  • Options

"Almost certainly" is a huge leap based on like 20 seconds of footage.

One thing we've yet to touch on is the expanded riding of Pokemon. It's got a full mechanic name "PokeRide" and the various features it shows off makes me wonder if maybe they're going to replace field-effect moves with this mechanic. Between the riding segments in XY and the Eon Flute in ORAS they certainly seemed to be beta-testing Pokemon traversal stuff.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Mr. G wrote: »

Yeah looking at them again, I kind of love Sandshrew being able to camouflage himself as an igloo by laying on his belly.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Mr. G wrote: »

Yeah looking at them again, I kind of love Sandshrew being able to camouflage himself as an igloo by laying on his belly.

"why is there a weird tiny igloo here? Oh well, must be for ants"

• Options
    Redesigned Pokemon are cool. Imagine the other ones they could do! An Ice type Onix! An Ice type Volcarona! Or a Scyther with redesigned blades... Made of ice!

But seriously, imagine re-typed starters. Like, like X and Y, with a twist.

This discussion has been closed.