Options

[Pokemon], Home of Legendary Opinions and Victini Promos

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I'm ready to watch Detective Pikachu and Gumshoos team up to take down the infamous Alolan, Pangoro-Farfetch syndicate.

PANGORO IS A SWEETHEART AND WOULD NEVER

Pangoro is the good boy at heart who fell in with a rough crowd. He's the member of the gang that would end up helping Pikachu and Gumshoos take down the rest and join the force as a new recruit at the end of the case.

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    pangoro is #1 on the list of Pokemon who I would feasibly believe profit from drug trafficking

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    pangoro is #1 on the list of Pokemon who I would feasibly believe profit from drug trafficking

Koffing literally emits smoke at all times

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Farfetch'd was a bad influence on Pangoro, and by the time Pangoro realized it he was in too deep. The twist that breaks open the case is that Pangoro's kid, Pancham, is Pikachu's informant.

• Options

Really, ahead of even weed monkey here?

600px-512Simisage.png

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Seriously, that monkey is totally dealing to kids in the alley behind the school.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Bad boy farfetch'd is my new favorite headcanon

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular

Koffing literally emits smoke at all times

koffing is a happy pollution monster, he doesn't profit. he's a soul skater. pangoro stacks up the cash and orders hits on machamps who aren't down with him fixing their matches

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Rowlett has never even been offered any and still occasionally reads the DARE literature

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Bad boy farfetch'd is my new favorite headcanon

I need fan art of him with a cigarette and a barb-wire tat on his wing (I don't care that it doesn't make any sense)

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Little sad this game isn't going to be the one that finally adds the Orange Archipelago to the games.
    Imagine a game where the first HM you got was Surf instead of Cut.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Alola Exeggutor looks super stupid

The rest of that trailer was aces

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    Those alola forms look cool, I wish they had been invented a long time ago because they would have worked super well for Go

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Gumshoos has been on Pangoro's case for years,
    and it's only been with the arrival of pikachu's international search for Farfetch,
    that Pangoro's return to crime has made any sense.

The team discovers Farfetch has a crew of panchams under his thumb, as a way to keep Pangoro in line.
    One scrappy yungoos breaks the case for them, allowing them to save Pangoro and his crew, and collapse Farfetch's house of cards.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    If the leaked starter evolutions are correct I am going to have a real hard time deciding between (spoiled for leaked forms to be safe?)
    Archer Owl and dancing Siren Seal.

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options

600px-512Simisage.png

weed monkey is an aficionado

he profits in the way that like, i dunno, cheech and chong do. he ain't pulling any strings

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Alola Exeggutor looks aces

I couldn't agree more

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Z-Crystal is the power rangers-est shit ever holy crap

It's actually just consistent with the whole franchise becoming anime as hell

Here's the type of thing that spawned z attacks/fusion

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular

600px-512Simisage.png

weed monkey is an aficionado

he profits in the way that like, i dunno, cheech and chong do. he ain't pulling any strings

He's too busy working on his sweet ride to be dealing.

• Options
    Alola Exeggutor looks aces

I couldn't agree more

Yeah I love that design,it's hilarious

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    I want to visit the Alola Exeggutor planet in No Man's Sky

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Murkrow definitely deals farfetch'd's product at local high schools

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    oh my god he literally does the naruto kagebunshin thing

thats so dumb and i love it

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I super dig the alternate forms and think this is a great way to add "new" Pokemon without bloating the already staggeringly large Pokedex. It feels like a compromise made to appeal to me.

Now give me, like, a marshy (water/grass) Quagsire.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    Little sad this game isn't going to be the one that finally adds the Orange Archipelago to the games.

Might want to let that dream go.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    SnowbearSnowbear Registered User regular
    Sandshrew is very sensitive about his new hat, okay

Yeah looking at them again, I kind of love Sandshrew being able to camouflage himself as an igloo by laying on his belly.

"why is there a weird tiny igloo here? Oh well, must be for ants"

Oh my god sandshrew is a tiny ant-eater! that's just his disguise for eating tropical ants hahaha

8EVmPzM.jpg
  • Options
    Electabuzz, Magmar, and Scyther try to start up their competing industry but are quickly crushed under Farfetch'd's leek

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Stilts wrote: »
    I super dig the alternate forms and think this is a great way to add "new" Pokemon without bloating the already staggeringly large Pokedex. It feels like a compromise made to appeal to me.

@Gatsby what would you call this pokemon

Bryan?

• Options
    A burger, probably

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Now I just want the Yakuza team to do a pokemon game.
    They already do three or four characters with unique movesets and a deep skill progression system.
    I wanna see farfetch in a flashy red suit and an eyepatch, sitting on the shoulder of a machamp in security black.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Hahaha now I'm picturing an Exeggutor like Undertale's Lesser Dog. The more turns Sunlight is on the field, the longer its neck gets.

Exeggutor has gone where no Pokemon has gone before.

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »

Yeah! And it also appeals to me, someone who hasn't really played a mainline Pokemon game in a long time because I find the number of Pokemon pretty intimidating and it actually kinda turns me off? But I recognize these guys!! They're just a lil different

• Options
    So something we haven't talked about

Ij the trailer Exeggutor attacks by slamming his whole neck down on the enemy

That means one of two things

It's a unique move only the Alola version of this pokemon will have

OR different attacks will have different animations depending on the pokemon in this one, which is a big improvement over x/y

• Options

OR different attacks will have different animations depending on the pokemon in this one, which is a big improvement over x/y

That second thing seems like the logical progression to take and would actually make use of the fact that they're 3D models which isn't something Gen VI did very often.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    I know it's really, really unlikely due to the tropical setting and how much they're leaning into that theme, but god damn it Gamefreak can I please get a dachshund Pokemon already?

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Dedwrekka wrote: »

The trials sound like they have you doing more involved stuff instead of straight battles and there are four of them so it's kind of like the Orange Archipelago

Care Free Bomb on
    8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Electabuzz, Magmar, and Scyther try to start up their competing industry but are quickly crushed under Farfetch'd's leek

I just realized the Elecvire and Magmortar lines are probably gonna flip types that should be interesting.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular

it could also just be his animation for a physical attack

This discussion has been closed.