Options

[Pokemon], Home of Legendary Opinions and Victini Promos

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    I never know what to give people so from now on I think Spinda because no matter what they don't have that Spinda.

THANK YOU FOR THE POOGLES

Isn't this also true for Flabebe?

• Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    Tube wrote: »
    I never know what to give people so from now on I think Spinda because no matter what they don't have that Spinda.

THANK YOU FOR THE POOGLES

Isn't this also true for Flabebe?

There's 5 different Flabebe. There's roughly 4 billion different Spinda.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    FYI Pokemon Go is rolling out the Buddy System update today.

The update also blocks rooted Android devices and jailbroken iPhones

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Keith wrote: »

Wow.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    SilverWind wrote: »
    Awesome, I'll add you back, Mori! Are you looking for any 'mon right now?

Not at the moment, but I'll let you know!

I'm about to start Alpha Sapphire with Anya, so I'll have to post updates in here.

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    u4QJJJyl.png

Melding on
  • Options
    InvisibleInkInvisibleInk Po,OrRegistered User regular
    Caught a Shiny Wailmer just now, wandering around in this replay of X.
    My 9th randomly encountered wild shiny! Starting in Ruby however many years ago, and however many hundreds upon hundreds of hours ago
    Still, pretty good odds though?

One day, i'll evolve it. Maybe in Alola.

3DS-3995-6602-5217
    NNID-InvisibleInk
  • Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    I've only encountered... two or three? Wyborn has seen none in his pokejourneys, but he plays considerably less than I do

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    I've never seen a wild shiny. I do have a shiny Mawile that I bred, though! (Her name is Carmilla.)

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    Only wild shiny I have caught besides gyrados is a shiny weedle, I think in a bug catching contest in original gold/silver.

I may or may not have encountered a shiny in the safari zone of a later game which promptly fled, but if so my brain is helpfully blocking the memory of such an agonizing event.

• Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    Pretty sure the only shinies I have in my collection are highly dubious trades.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I caught a shiny rattata in hg and then accidentally lost it when I started a new game

And then I caught a shiny imposter ditto in X that I lost when my 3ds got stolen

• Options
    I have a shiny Magikarp

Can I call you and tell you about my shiny Magikarp

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Keith wrote: »

Wow.

I'm guessing they're really trying to lock down on GPS hacks?

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    i've seen one shiny, which i fainted when i suddenly blanked on which target in a horde battle corresponds to which poke

meanwhile my mom picked up X two weeks ago and has gotten three in that time >:[

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    I have 13 shinies because Pokemon is just about the only video game I play

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Downloaded the new version of go. Had to use a mirror because the play store is dumb

I guess your buddy is only on your portrait? Bummer.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Downloaded the new version of go. Had to use a mirror because the play store is dumb

I guess your buddy is only on your portrait? Bummer.

Does it confirm what the km/candy rate is for different pokes? I'm leaning toward Geodude right now, since I read that's one of the 1km/candy ones. Some are like 5km per.

Also apparently buddies accumulate distance the same way incubators do

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Bulbasaur is 3km a candy so Im guessing yes each mon is different

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    the only shinies i've even ever seen were the giveaway xernas and yvealt mystery gifts

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    You can switch buddies around at will. I've got geodude on myself, as I'm only 7 candies away from a golem.

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    Pokemanya update:

She picked Torchic. Wasn't even a debate, just I WANT THAT ONE. It's name is Nukaness. I don't know what that means either, she's using a lot of nonsense words, which honestly is fine for Pokemon. I'm trying to get her to alternate between made-up-names and actual names. Which is why we have Nukaness, a Poochyeena named Yessie, another named Lassayaga, a Zigzagoon named Goose, and a Wurmple named Happy.

• Options
    Turns out I'm 3 candies away from a Haunter, so Gastly it is. Probably Sandshrew after that

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    I just got my second shiny ever...an Oddish!

I love Oddish, so that makes me happy.

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    I caught a shiny Hawlucha in X. I think if I did anything with it, I'd make a heel and face Hawlucha duo for double battling.

• Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    I think the only random wild shiny I've caught is a Rattata back in Gold or Silver, (Which was promptly unmade as the battery has since died dooming it to an eternity in the void/rebirth as a MissingNo, as it deserves) a Nosepass, and a Yanmega, both from X.

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    I've caught a shiny wooper in Pearl and a shiny octillery in Y

I think maybe I caught some others but those are what I remember right this second

They're pretty good shinies and are named Badman and Golden Gun respectively

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    I've only ever caught one shiny.

A bidoof.

Fuck.

• Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    I decided to transfer my pokes from my Gen V games up to Omega Ruby. My copy of White is PAL, White 2 is japanese and Black 2 is a US copy. And since the gen V games were DSi enabled they're region locked on DSi and above systems so I can't transfer directly to Pokemon bank except on White. So now I'm sitting here with my ugly silver 1st gen DS, my primary PAL 3DSxl and a Japanese new3DS I got a while back.

This is stupid.

Oh well, time to catch a ton of vendor trash pokemon on route 1 so I can trade with myself.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Whippy wrote: »
    I've only ever caught one shiny.

A bidoof.

Fuck.

Well hey maybe it's at least a cool looking one..

399.png399.png

Well at least it's not puke green.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    I've chained a couple shinies (Starly and Krabby), but my most precious one is my Archeops.

I was just starting to hatch one for IV's and one little Archen popped out shiny. He only has perfect special defense, but he's still jolly and my favorite 'mon.

• Options
    Anyone else having login issues?

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    One thing I'm excited about with Sun/Moon is that we'll be able to have non-hacked, legit shinies and legendaries with good IVs.

Plus I can make my story team more up to snuff instead of abandoning them as soon as I beat the E4.

• Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    I checked the bank and I totally forgot I also caught a shiny Dragalge and hatched a shiny Clauncher which are both also good shinies

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    One thing I'm excited about with Sun/Moon is that we'll be able to have non-hacked, legit shinies and legendaries with good IVs.

Plus I can make my story team more up to snuff instead of abandoning them as soon as I beat the E4.
    Is post-generation IV manipulation confirmed? I'm kind of behind on Sun/Moon news.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    Got my 7th badge last night! Hooray!

• Options
    Woo! Caught a 15/13/13 Dratini, 91%!

Now I just need...89 more candies :? guess Dratini's gonna be my buddy for a whiiiile

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Wyvern wrote: »

Is post-generation IV manipulation confirmed? I'm kind of behind on Sun/Moon news.

There's is some sort of system to raise IVs on max-level pokemon, called hyper training, which requires a 'bottle cap' item as currency. I don't think we know more than that.

• Options
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Pfft.
    Must feel great to have caught a Pikachu in the first place.

This discussion has been closed.