As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV:Heavensward] /dote on people with this year's Valentione Event!

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I've been trying to find a place for Goad on my hotbar because I've been doing a lot of lore speed runs of Gubal, and Goading a warrior is practically a guaranteed comm. I was also looking at some other abilities I don't use often:

Shade Shift: I completely forgot about this, but as a NIN how often are you taking physical damage?
    Kiss of the Viper: I've been using Wasp venom without really thinking about it for basically ever. Any benefit?
    Hyoton: Still only really useful for PVP, right?
    Hide: Can't be used in combat, and aren't most bosses immune anyway?

Delzhand on
  • Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    Shade Shift: the majority of raid/dungeon mechanics are magical right now so this isn't that useful. There's a few that are physical.
    Viper: It makes mug heal you a little bit.
    Hyoton: not useful in PvE at all
    Hide: you can use it on trash to trick attack something without having to do suiton but otherwise not useful.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Like, Viper is technically better if the enemy can't be stunned, but... Mug is a long CD and it's a tiny ass heal anyways.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    Other way round actually...
    Wasp's only benefit is the stun. Everything that Viper gives is always applicable; Silences are not DR'd and you actually want to hold stuns for certain mechanics; the self heal although really small is still better than absolutely nothing which is what Wasp will give you in pretty much all Full Party content. I mean Jugulate Silence is capable of saving a Weeping City run when you interrupt the Bewitching Mist because I can guarantee that the stun DR will be completely consumed with everyone using their stun oGCDs for damage.

Otherwise there's no damage difference between the two.

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    EDIT: Nevermind, found what I was looking for.

/insert rant about not getting loot from A12, nor the last two ponies he needs (Ifrit, Levi), nor the Frontline wins for a Garo mount (though he did win today).

ringswraith on
  • Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Resubbed after playing back in the closed beta and early launch days, and spent the last few weeks grinding out the story for 2.0 and 2.55 (as I wanted to try MCH).

Thoughts as the ending cutscene spam started: "This is dumb, anyone could see this coming."
    A few minutes later: "EVERYTHING IS HAPPENING JESUS CHRIST"

That was one hell of an ending, god damn. I can't wait to start on the Heavensward story now.
    ILBERDWHY.jpg

Ilberd, you motherfucker.

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Oh, you sweet summer child.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    Suriko wrote: »
    Resubbed after playing back in the closed beta and early launch days, and spent the last few weeks grinding out the story for 2.0 and 2.55 (as I wanted to try MCH).

Thoughts as the ending cutscene spam started: "This is dumb, anyone could see this coming."
    A few minutes later: "EVERYTHING IS HAPPENING JESUS CHRIST"

That was one hell of an ending, god damn. I can't wait to start on the Heavensward story now.
    ILBERDWHY.jpg

Ilberd, you motherfucker.

2.55 spoiler
    Well, he got part of that right. He DID cut off an arm :3

Enjoy the ride for the Heavensward 3.0 MSQ. It's a really nice journey and at the end of 3.3 you'll have a chance to step back and reflect on it

• Options
    Fanfest this week! Can't wait for the proper reveal at the keynote.

I need to bring an extra bag for all the stuff I bought for people.

• Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    As much as I'm confident the 2nd new job will be Samurai, I'm holding out hope that it'll be Blue Mage.

• Options
    I've previously joked that I want Samurai to be a healer who uses Iaido/Draw Out from FFT

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    There was supposed to be a patch this month, right?

Hopefully we'll get a date for that. (Which I'm guessing will be next Monday, since it's a holiday)

• Options
    There is a small patch the maintenance after fanfest and then there will be another patch in april probably.

• Options
    I thought 3.55 was February, and 3.56 was March.

Who knows...

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    I thought 3.55 was February, and 3.56 was March.

Who knows...

That's the schedule, yes.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Oh man...I can't stand the POTD grind. There must be a faster more fun way to level alts...I need my MNK to to hit 60!

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Oh man...I can't stand the POTD grind. There must be a faster more fun way to level alts...I need my MNK to to hit 60!

For DPS, I feel like that may be one of the fastest... For tank/healer, roulettes will be almost instant queues.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    DPS queue for LDR is sub 5 minutes these days from my experience.

Beastmen dailies are decent for post 50 levelling if you want something that's not dad palace.

• Options
    DPS queue for LDR is sub 5 minutes these days from my experience.

Beastmen dailies are decent for post 50 levelling if you want something that's not dad palace.

I never had too many queue problems as BLM, but I did most of my leveling via MSQs, so my experience is limited.

Steam profile
  • Options
    EXDR is the only slow one these days for dps.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    EXDR is the only slow one these days for dps.

Leveling roulette at 60 and doing it for the tomes is regularly 30+ for me. Consequently I usually just pull out WAR for leveling roulette.

Delzhand on
  • Options
    It's just either spam 1-20 or spam 51-60...

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    I don't know what level you are, but if it's HW content, you can throw something up in the PF to speed run dungeons for XP. I don't have numbers or anything, but 4 runs in an hour of something like The Vault would get you a full level or more, easily.

Or tag along with a crystal farming party.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    For Bloodstormbloodblood I hope they really implement some sort of transmogrification system like Diablo 3/WoW, where you can just unlock appearances without having to keep the items around.

That, or let me stick more stuff in the armoire. Or just refit the armoire for that.

• Options
    No, I'm still stuck in ARR with my monk. Level 37 right now.

• Options
    I've gone down the anima rabbit hole. Im working on my 3rd one and have started considering what my 4th one should be.

I think I should stop.

• Options
    If that is what you want to do, why would you want to stop?

Echo wrote: »
    For Bloodstormbloodblood I hope they really implement some sort of transmogrification system like Diablo 3/WoW, where you can just unlock appearances without having to keep the items around.

That, or let me stick more stuff in the armoire. Or just refit the armoire for that.
    I can imagine that the armoire is rather... uniquely coded but a revamp of it is probably going to be the best option especially given that the goal with the server work they're doing for Stormblood will involve giving players significantly more inventory space. It'll be a challenge to keep special dyes on pieces of gear though as a rather significant portion of my glamour collection involves Pure White/Jet Black dyed items and putting those items into the armoire will result in the dyes being stripped.

But yes, having to dig through three different retainers to pull out a new set for glamours, and possibly tagging the armoire at the same time gets really really dull.

• Options
    I'm considering doing anima for jobs I don't really play just because they look cool and I've got so many crystals/daily tokens that I can get 2-3 done and then it's just oil/umbrite/crystals which is passive stuff.

I'd love to see them add a glamour window like WoW has and I'd also love them to revamp the marketboard so I can buy only the amount I want instead of having to buy a stack of 99 of a thing.

I hope they talk about some of this stuff at fanfest. I'm curious what they're gonna change about the combat system. Yoshida talked about wanting to remove the base classes and have only jobs in the past.

Maybe they'll add a shared pool of abilities classes can share broken down by ranged/melee/healer/tank.

I wonder how they'll combat bloat.

Ah is it Saturday yet.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Maybe they'll add a shared pool of abilities classes can share broken down by ranged/melee/healer/tank.

Yeah, that's one option I saw discussed somewhere - a common role-based pool of stuff. We now have "mandatory" cross-klass skills like Protect/Stoneskin for healers, Provoke for tanks etc. Put those in a common pool, maybe give base classes something new.

• Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    I thought that was more or less confirmed by dev comments? That each job in a role would have the same basic abilities in their kits, with job-specific abilities being what fleshes them out. Like:

All tanks getting Provoke, a 20% damage reduction CD, and maybe 1 or 2 more things (Convalesence?)
    All casters getting Swiftcast and an aggro reduction CD
    All healers getting Protect, Stoneskin, and Cleric Stance
    Etc.

Basically, making cross-class skills (if they still exist) less about grabbing the skills necessary to play a particular role at all, and more about having fun choices on top of a complete foundation that fit the way you play.

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    I'm giving up on the Garo mounts. Earning the tokens for the outfit was fun because it didn't require you to win.

Now that I actually need wins to get the mounts, I just find it's no longer enjoyable and it's actually quite stressful. And I don't like PvP to begin with.

I got what I wanted (Garo MNK weapon- since I can't get the Sephirot fists) and the Oschon set for glamour. Guess we'll see what happens if the mounts get added to the MGS.

Meanwhile, trying to get Alex drops to gear up my MNK and that has been bad, too. Now that the weekly limit is gone, I can't get any of the drops I need 'coz everyone needs everything.

Also just need two ponies for my Kirin, but so far all the parties I've joined to farm Levi/Ifrit have failed.

I think I need to just do other stuff, 'coz this is rather depressing.

• Options
    @That Dave Fella all your anima talk is making me hate you :P. I still don't have enough crystals for my first. I think I'm like 1/15 or so (maybe worse) for Fire Crystals? And you're over there apparently blowing your nose with them you have so many :P

Steam profile
  • Options
    I've gone down the anima rabbit hole. Im working on my 3rd one and have started considering what my 4th one should be.

I think I should stop.

I've finished two (DRK, NIN), have a third (PLD) in umbrite hell, and have started a fourth (BRD, because OMG Terp.)

• Options
    Yeh the 4th one I was considering was either BRD, AST or DRG cause those are my favourites. I don't have MCH at 60 to do that.

• Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    God, if healers don' get swiftcast I dunno how the community will react.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Jakarrd wrote: »
    God, if healers don' get swiftcast I dunno how the community will react.

In about 8 seconds?
    I'll show myself out. <.< >.>

chrono_traveller on
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I'm on the aether oil step of my anima. I need 3 more. So gift of the archmagus this week and I guess I run ARF like 20 times for the 1400 lore I still need.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I'm on the aether oil step of my anima. I need 3 more. So gift of the archmagus this week and I guess I run ARF like 20 times for the 1400 lore I still need.

You can earn something like 500-600 per day through roulettes, and I honestly think Gubal HM is a hell of a lot more efficient than ARF.

Maximum on
  • Options
    SniperGuy wrote: »

There are better ways to farm lore than to go barking mad in ARF.

This discussion has been closed.