Options

[Movies] Nobody Fucks Like Gaston

195969798100

Posts

  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    God I love that, I saw an early screening of No Country for Old Men and when it cuts from Tommy Lee Joneses craggy visage a dude in the front row jumped up and shouted "What the FUCK"

    Told it before, will probably tell it again:

    Best one of those I saw was at a screening for There Will Be Blood. Theater I was at has ushers that come in before the movies and announce where the exits are, where you can find people to tell about bad picture/sound quality, etc. Then they do a little spiel about who stars in the movie, who directed it, and the runtime.

    Usher announces, "...with a runtime of 158 minutes."

    Some dude who'd obviously been dragged to the flick by his girlfriend shouts out, "What the FUCK."

  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    At the end of Gone Girl the entire audience did one of those shudder laughs, it was hilarious

  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    People could also hum the Harry Potter theme, which also hasn't been around for nearly as long as Star Wars

    I think you'd also have a pretty high success rate with Lord of the Rings

    DUUUUN DUUUUN DADADUUUUUN

    I hate those movies and the theme is incredibly well done

    stupidly, the song that everyone knows isn't on the album!

  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    The Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, and Pirates of the Caribbean themes threaten to turn into each other at any moment

    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    Shorty wrote: »
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    People could also hum the Harry Potter theme, which also hasn't been around for nearly as long as Star Wars

    I think you'd also have a pretty high success rate with Lord of the Rings

    DUUUUN DUUUUN DADADUUUUUN

    I hate those movies and the theme is incredibly well done

    stupidly, the song that everyone knows isn't on the album!

    Wait what

  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    The Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, and Pirates of the Caribbean themes threaten to turn into each other at any moment

    They 100% do not

  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Your face isn't on the album!

    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Mr. G wrote: »
    The Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, and Pirates of the Caribbean themes threaten to turn into each other at any moment

    They 100% do not

    Says you

    I've got some Girl Talk shit going on up here in my brainbox, join the party

    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    SixshotStrikerSixshotStriker Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Mr. G wrote: »
    The Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, and Pirates of the Caribbean themes threaten to turn into each other at any moment

    They 100% do not

    Pirates of the Caribbean kinda turns into Gladiator though.

  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    They're all just riffs on Henry Mancini's Pink Panther anyway.

  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Brokeback Mountain to Back to the Future though. It's like the sad trailer theme version.

    Gustav on
    aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Shorty wrote: »
    Shorty wrote: »
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    People could also hum the Harry Potter theme, which also hasn't been around for nearly as long as Star Wars

    I think you'd also have a pretty high success rate with Lord of the Rings

    DUUUUN DUUUUN DADADUUUUUN

    I hate those movies and the theme is incredibly well done

    stupidly, the song that everyone knows isn't on the album!

    Wait what

    here is the song that plays over the opening bit, with the refrain that most people probably know from memory

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J93fc--VsaI

    it is not on the actual album release, due to some last-minute changes they made to the film after the soundtrack had already been pressed (presumably, anyway)

    basically, they had planned a different intro sequence and music accompaniment, which is the piece that opens the soundtrack

  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Shorty wrote: »
    Shorty wrote: »
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    People could also hum the Harry Potter theme, which also hasn't been around for nearly as long as Star Wars

    I think you'd also have a pretty high success rate with Lord of the Rings

    DUUUUN DUUUUN DADADUUUUUN

    I hate those movies and the theme is incredibly well done

    stupidly, the song that everyone knows isn't on the album!

    Wait what

    here is the song that plays over the opening bit, with the refrain that most people probably know from memory

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J93fc--VsaI

    it is not on the actual album release, due to some last-minute changes they made to the film after the soundtrack had already been pressed (presumably, anyway)

    basically, they had planned a different intro sequence and music accompaniment, which is the piece that opens the soundtrack

    Oh, gotcha
    That motif shows up in other tracks though

  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    There are so many things the new movie musical La La Land does that should be absolutely enervating.

    Take, for instance, its willful, stubborn nostalgia for bygone eras, like old Hollywood and the Jazz Age, and its occasional nods toward the thought that change isn’t just threatening but actively bad. Or the way it seems, at times, constructed out of other movies. It’s sort of the film equivalent of a guy who thinks wearing a hat and drinking lots of whiskey makes him seem interesting.

    But my goodness is La La Land magical. Its flaws constantly threaten to consume it, but the film keeps tap-dancing on those flaws’ heads, staying just a few steps ahead of the claws grabbing for its feet. It’s a love letter to Los Angeles. It’s a brightly colored explosion of style and verve. And it’s a surprisingly wise, bittersweet movie about relationships that disguises itself as a confection.

    But above all else, Damien Chazelle’s newest film is about an age-old Hollywood theme: the clash between romanticism and realism, between an idealized past and a possible future. And that puts it in line with a completely different Hollywood tradition.
    http://www.vox.com/2016/9/13/12895612/la-la-land-emma-stone-ryan-gosling-tiff-review

    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I tried to hum the Harry Potter theme but then I realised I was humming Game of Thrones instead. I tried again but it turned out to be the Morrowind theme.

    Have concluded I don't remember the HP music. I really like both of those themes though so at least I enjoyed myself.

  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Whenever I go to remember any of these themes I just end up humming the Jurassic Park theme.

  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    When I saw Meek's Cutoff at a film festival, the collective "aw" at the end was priceless.

  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I tried to hum the Harry Potter theme but then I realised I was humming Game of Thrones instead. I tried again but it turned out to be the Morrowind theme.

    Have concluded I don't remember the HP music. I really like both of those themes though so at least I enjoyed myself.

    Doooo do do Doooooo do Doo doo...

    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I tried to hum the Harry Potter theme but then I realised I was humming Game of Thrones instead. I tried again but it turned out to be the Morrowind theme.

    Have concluded I don't remember the HP music. I really like both of those themes though so at least I enjoyed myself.

    Doooo do do Doooooo do Doo doo...

    Doo Doo Doo doooo do do Doo do do do doooooo

  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Gustav on
    aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Shadowen wrote: »
    FroThulhu wrote: »
    Just watched the YouTube video of the Marvel themes on guitar, which has me pretty convinced that they've got some fantastic music, but they really don't use it well.

    Also, for my money, the theme from Thor was heroic as fuck.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGNCQUYeAQM

    Best end credit sequence until Winter Soldier.

    Iron Man 3's credits are maybe the best three minutes or so in the MCU so I guess I disagree

    Okay, fair point, I stand corrected.

  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Jack Kirby and Steve Ditko will be Soviet Spies and Stan Lee is a hero for screwing them over!

    aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Stan Lee will murder Jack Kirby with a machinegun, laughing and laughing as he riddles the corpse with bullets

  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    no man that was Angels With Filthy Souls

  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Can't wait for the Bob Kane movie where he stops the mafia.

    Bill Finger is the mob boss.

    aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Saving Mr Banks opened the door for just completely fucking false lies about entertainment personalities who are still alive

    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    no man that was Angels With Filthy Souls

    Oh right

  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    A warts and all movie about that era would be super interesting too.

    But nope hagiography. Let's go there.

    Gustav on
    aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Saving Mr Banks opened the door for just completely fucking false lies about entertainment personalities who are still alive

    wait who's still alive from saving mr banks

  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    I tried to hum the Harry Potter theme but then I realised I was humming Game of Thrones instead. I tried again but it turned out to be the Morrowind theme.

    Have concluded I don't remember the HP music. I really like both of those themes though so at least I enjoyed myself.

    Doooo do do Doooooo do Doo doo...

    Doo Doo Doo doooo do do Doo do do do doooooo

    Do dooo do do do... wait...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB8F8g1-4Uw

    13iepvv6o8ip.png
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    Can't wait for the Bob Kane movie where he stops the mafia.

    Bill Finger is the mob boss.

    Bill Finger is his sniveling manservant who keeps literally pissing himself in the face of danger

  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Gustav wrote: »
    Can't wait for the Bob Kane movie where he stops the mafia.

    Bill Finger is the mob boss.

    Bill Finger is his sniveling manservant who keeps literally pissing himself in the face of danger

    no

    bill finger isn't even in the movie

  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Gustav wrote: »
    Can't wait for the Bob Kane movie where he stops the mafia.

    Bill Finger is the mob boss.

    Bill Finger is his sniveling manservant who keeps literally pissing himself in the face of danger

    Listen Stan Lee and Bob Kane invented comics. Everyone else is a chump.

    Gustav on
    aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Gustav wrote: »
    Can't wait for the Bob Kane movie where he stops the mafia.

    Bill Finger is the mob boss.

    Bill Finger is his sniveling manservant who keeps literally pissing himself in the face of danger

    Listen Stan Lee and Bob Kane invented comics. Everyone else is a chump.

    BobKane.JPG

    A son of a bitch from beyond the grave

  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Gustav wrote: »
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Gustav wrote: »
    Can't wait for the Bob Kane movie where he stops the mafia.

    Bill Finger is the mob boss.

    Bill Finger is his sniveling manservant who keeps literally pissing himself in the face of danger

    Listen Stan Lee and Bob Kane invented comics. Everyone else is a chump.

    BobKane.JPG

    A son of a bitch from beyond the grave

    e45090592b9d6bf37e99fbec48c5cdc9.jpg

    aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Gustav wrote: »
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Gustav wrote: »
    Can't wait for the Bob Kane movie where he stops the mafia.

    Bill Finger is the mob boss.

    Bill Finger is his sniveling manservant who keeps literally pissing himself in the face of danger

    Listen Stan Lee and Bob Kane invented comics. Everyone else is a chump.

    BobKane.JPG

    A son of a bitch from beyond the grave

    Wow, that's the biggest asshole I've seen on a tombstone since I saw Jim Morrison's grave

  • Options
    Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    god every time that fucking headstone is posted i read it knowing it'll just piss me off again and yet i keep fucking doing it

This discussion has been closed.