Options

A Guide to Monsters: Goblins

13»

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Melding wrote: »
    Yeah, but they did steal all of those designs so they only have so much moral high ground.

"Great artists steal" and so forth, but yes. But if they're slapping stuff together on intuition amd it works... that seems useful. Has study of their creations yielded any advances?

Not really, no. They seemed to have invented an alloy we can't replicate, but that's about it, everything else just seems to be "oh yeah, this is X part withing Y method, that' would be a clever team up, they should buy the other company and do that."

Their armour is also very good, but is built to be worn by a dwarf, even fi they design it to fit a human. Dwarfs are pount for pound stronger than humans, who a human made set of plate armour weighs an impressive sixty pounds. the dwarven equivalent? hundred thirty, easily. Though theirs might stop bullets, good luck wearing that for very long. And that's without all the fancy heraldry and stuff. When they do build for humans, it's very well made, but doesn't really bring anything new to the table.

Also worth noting that elven smiths from metal fey are probably just as good, but harder to find, but there's no iron in their work which makes for very interesting pieces. To my knowledge dwarfs haven't figured out how to do this.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    So I know I asked already and this is probably subject matter for a different thread but I do think I'm having some sort of orc situation if these things aren't hobgoblins, they're buck naked cave dwelling humanoids with greenish mottled skin about six feet tall when they stand up but they mostly crawl around. Pointy ears and wee black eyes.

They also seem awfully dumb and cowardly but I'm pretty sure they've started ranging outside their caves to hunt, lots of carcasses in the woods recently and we only have a sparse black bear population. Weird, degenerate orcs?

Hobnail on
  • Options
    Hobnail wrote: »
    So I know I asked already and this is probably subject matter for a different thread but I do think I'm having some sort of orc situation if these things aren't hobgoblins, they're buck naked cave dwelling humanoids with greenish mottled skin about six feet tall when they stand up but they mostly crawl around.

They also seem awfully dumb and cowardly but I'm pretty sure they've started ranging outside their caves to hunt, lots of carcasses in the woods recently and we only have a sparse black bear population. Weird, degenerate orcs?

That kind of sounds like orcs, though I never like to assume things without seeing it. They could be anything from feral orcs to a lab creation escaped. but they sound fairly dangerous. If you can't get a hold of an expert in your area you could always try the time old tested of getting some of the boys together and show them no good degenerates what they're dealing with. If they're not using weapons that could also be a troll cross breed. Or someone introducing troll blood to larger goblins to try to create a super army of idiots. the pack nature of goblins might defeat the solitary nature of trolls.

But i recommend an expert, as you probably don't want to get to get attacked yourself. And they'd probably be able to figure out what exactly they're up against faster than you and the local gun toters.

• Options
    Yeah, I pretty much figured this would be a "call the plumber" sort of situation but I am fairly hesitant to resort to violence, if for no other reason than I figured it might have a coyote cull effect where killing a batch of them only reduces the competition for food and they start breeding like mad in response.

• Options
    Well, from the sudden uptake in corpses i would think these count as an invasive species.

• Options
    Which does make one wonder what happened, some sort of cave in maybe, cut them off from their regular food supply? There are extensive cave systems all over this area, could something else be pushing them out?

• Options
    if they're a natural thing it could be cave ins, they could have escaped a cave system and ended up there, it's really hard to say for sure but i would assume they're dangerous.

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    So who invented the Returning Weapon enchantment if it wasn't the dwarves?

Because I haven't found an artifact older than 1000 years with it except those of dwarven make.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    So who invented the Returning Weapon enchantment if it wasn't the dwarves?

Because I haven't found an artifact older than 1000 years with it except those of dwarven make.

By our accounts, the Fire giants did, you haven't found any because they all came back.

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Would you care to comment on the alleged relationship between goblins and presidential candidate Donald Trump?

Andy Joe on
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Listen, what a man does in his own bedroom is none of my concern, until i have to come and kill the end result.

Speaking of which this gives me a new theory for Hobnail's problem.

Trumplins.