CelloCello Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    Did, uh

Did anyone play walking dead 3

It had potential.

Then it shit the bed in chapter 4.

Hmmm

How bad?

I'd consider picking it up when it's on sale for $5 sometime, but if it even comes close to how disgusting GoT Season 1 got, hahahahahah, no

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    -Tal wrote: »
    Did, uh

Did anyone play walking dead 3

It had potential.

Then it shit the bed in chapter 4.

Hmmm

How bad?

I'd consider picking it up when it's on sale for $5 sometime, but if it even comes close to how disgusting GoT Season 1 got, hahahahahah, no

It's not nearly as bad as Game of Thrones. Seeing Clem trying to grow up is interesting and a little uncomfortable. It just follows the same pattern as season 2 and the decisions made at the end of chapter 4 made no sense. I don't think the final chapter is out yet but I am in no hurry to finish it.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I think I like these games in theory but find them really boring in practise. I beat Walking Dead season 1 but have zero curiosity about what happens next. I lost my save for Wolf Among Us so never finished it (but thought it was great). I've had episode one of GoT on my phone for something like three years and can't get through it. Then Batman is the first one that I became aware of how bored I was. The stupidity of the plot just made it worse. It was spinning a ton of plates and none of them were very interesting. I don't know how you make Batman this turgid

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I own this and still haven't played it. I think I'm burnt out on Telltale's engine. It's so outdated at this point.

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    I think I like these games in theory but find them really boring in practise. I beat Walking Dead season 1 but have zero curiosity about what happens next. I lost my save for Wolf Among Us so never finished it (but thought it was great). I've had episode one of GoT on my phone for something like three years and can't get through it. Then Batman is the first one that I became aware of how bored I was. The stupidity of the plot just made it worse. It was spinning a ton of plates and none of them were very interesting. I don't know how you make Batman this turgid

...Ben Affleck.

• Options
    The problem for me is that outside of TWAU there are no characters that I'm really looking forward to spending more time with. It's ok for TWD to be bleak, but every game feels like that. When every character is sort of baseline, it only takes one godawful one (like that fumbling joke of a Penguin) to spoil the batch.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    We'll always have borderlands

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Why I've never been a fan of killing off characters as a recurring plot device.

It can really stifle character development if everyone has a number already.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    TWD as a franchise for me is just too unremittingly bleak, and I feel like I enjoy bleak settings. In TWD though "what happens next" is always "I dunno something bad. They meet a bad guy and he's super bad and all their stuff gets stolen and whatever". It ends up being predictable, and there's no sense of either building something or building towards something.

• Options
    Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    TWD 3 is better than 2, but that's not saying very much. I think this is my last Telltale game.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    TWD as a franchise for me is just too unremittingly bleak, and I feel like I enjoy bleak settings. In TWD though "what happens next" is always "I dunno something bad. They meet a bad guy and he's super bad and all their stuff gets stolen and whatever". It ends up being predictable, and there's no sense of either building something or building towards something.

TWD is definitely a franchise that suffers from diminishing returns for me

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
  • Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    I had heard GoT wasn't good, but I played the first episode and it didn't seem so bad so I bought the thing.

Jeez, Mass Effect 3's ending had nothing on that.

• Options
    Gonna put my neck on the line and say A New Frontier ends really strong provided you made the right choices this season. There's seriously a boat load of alternate scenes in this episode, really didn't expect that from Telltale.

• Options
    Peccavi wrote: »
    I had heard GoT wasn't good, but I played the first episode and it didn't seem so bad so I bought the thing.

Jeez, Mass Effect 3's ending had nothing on that.

It starts off mediocre and then descends to this horrific sexist drivel where Ramsay is also some kind of immortal deity of misery and it's just so, so bad

It was shocking to have that release in the same timeframe as Borderlands, which was amazing with diverse casting

Steam
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    So they announced Batman is getting a second season, obviously, cool
    More Walking Dead, whatever, who cares

BUT SHUT UP EVERYONE
    SHUT UP, LUTZ

THE WOLF AMONG US
    SEASON 2

• Options
    Someone light the @liiya signal

Bigby Wolf rides again!

Steam
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    More Walking Dead, whatever, who cares
    me i care

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/cXdUBq30gP4

Season 2 comes out next week

I'm not a huge fan of Jigsaw Riddler

But I do appreciate that they're continuing to not give a fuck about sticking to the Batman canon

Another major part of the season that the head writer has revealed is the shaping of John Doe into The Joker. He'll be watching how your Batman and Bruce behave and handle things and what promises you break and keep and it will shape what kind of Joker he becomes by the end.

I'm not exactly clamoring for more Joker in my life but having Bruce and Batman be a major influence on him even before he became the Joker and actively shaping his growth is at least a unique spin on their relationship

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    I hope there is like 500% more Bruce Wayne strongarming people for charity. Those were some of the best parts in the first game.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Did the PC version of Batman get patched to be halfway reliable?
    I tried the free demo, and it refused to recognize my controller.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    The quick release schedule for this is very nice

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular

PS season 2 of Batman starts today

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    S2e1 minor early spoiler
    "I have an eye but cannot see" should absolutely be hurricane instead of needle

Especially because of the "i" in it, adding some real good wordplay

This is infuriating

Steam
  • Options
    Why didn't anyone tell me john redcorn was in walking dead michonne, which is good by the way

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    So Episode 1 was a real mixed bag of highs and lows but I hope they can make it work for the rest of the season

I really, really didn't like their twist on the Riddler - I prefer it when he's a guy who is too clever for his own good, and there were multiple times where I tried to get cute with him and it didn't pan out
    I don't dig the way that he turns out to basically be A Guy Who Watched Saw And Decided That Was His Thing, Now

I also was annoyed by the previous riddle where the answer was WRONG, and that he left a total loophole in his cage "riddle" - he tells you that saying the right answer hurts Iman, the wrong answer kills the Agents in the death traps, but he never specifies what happens with silence, and I figured that that meant silence was the answer to his riddle which turned out not to be a riddle at all; he just gets angry and chops Blake's head off, which I took to be unfair on the part of the writers and led to a restart of the scene (so all of them survived for me instead)

I mean they do outright say that he's a vain man, but that seemed like really shallow characterization, and I hoped for more depth, or at least more clever problems I could try to solve before Bruce did

They do have enough seeds for future stuff that I think can turn out, and the relationships between Batman, Alfred and Gordon continue to be my favourites

Serious endgame spoiler
    I hold out hope that Harleen gets to be her own woman and become a villain without the Joker being involved in her origin whatsoever and none of the abusive relationship garbage - that would be great. I like what they're doing with John and would love to see if helping him out by being a friend and getting him mental help would actually stop him from turning out to be the Joker, though I'm doubtful it's gonna be brave enough to go that far. And I really, really hope Tiffany gets to become some kind of Mecha-Robin because that would be very cool, though that involves her forgiving Bruce for the whole letting-her-Dad-die-thing and I don't know how that is gonna go.

Also I'm excited to see what happens with Waller now that I've adopted a FUCK YOU, GORDON OR NOTHING policy at the end, and I hope Iman gets to still be a major part of this whole deal too

So yeah, aside from how poorly they portrayed Riddler, I hope they can step their game up with all the other stories they've started, because they could end up being pretty neat.

Steam
  • Options
    This Riddler fucking sucked

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Well, dang. It sounds like I can wait on this one, then.

• Options
    I didn't dislike this, aside from Riddler, I just think it's a lot of setup for potentially really interesting stuff in the next four episodes

• Options
    omg let me have my un-nuanced decision matrix you monster

• Options
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    omg let me have my un-nuanced decision matrix you monster

Yeah like

It's a fine game outside of the Riddler

He's just a big part of the episode in some ways that aren't the best

Steam
  • Options
    it's mainly that I am really anti-serial killer in fiction most of the time, particularly that whole taunting, uncatchable genius serial killer thing

I don't get what's so wrong with a guy who's kind of an elegant old world intellectual or even just a sniveling nerd

• Options
    DimosarDimosar I am the Brain Genius Registered User regular
    they definitely indicate there's a lot more to look forward to this season than just this lame Riddler angle

like if he's your only reason not to try it out then I think your reservations will be curbed by the end of Season 2 episode 1

my main hope is that they keep pushing the angle season one had, IE of Bruce actually using his position as a billionaire for good, like, actually trying to do helpful non-batman things for Gotham. Of course the idea that threats like Riddler existed before batman does make the whole Batman aspect seem more important, cause then he seems like a necessary response to all this wild shit

also I forget who said it but I really like the take that all Batman stories make infinitely more sense if you look at Gotham as an independent city-state within the US that has a somewhat strained relationship with the Federal government

• Options
    Yeah gotham should have been taken over by the national guard several times by now

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    DimosarDimosar I am the Brain Genius Registered User regular
    I definitely am a bigger fan of a Riddler who was in the shadows controlling some vast criminal network like Moriarity until The World's Greatest Detective came along, necessitating all of these bizarre riddles just to like, barely keep ahead of Batman catching him

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Does anyone know how this runs on PS4? I liked the first season quite a lot but it ran like a fucking slideshow half the time

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    Does anyone know how this runs on PS4? I liked the first season quite a lot but it ran like a fucking slideshow half the time

I played it through on PS4 and didn't really have any issues. It runs much smoother.

Steam
  • Options
    Yeah I had no issues on PS4 I think