As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MLB] USE THE NEW THREAD. LOCK ME, MODERATORS!

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Dozier is going to hit 40 home runs this year.

• Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    http://tinyurl.com/ze7tfj5

Didn't realize the Pirates had such bad attendance problems, this guy's heckles are super loud and fucking hilarious frankly. Good shit

• JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    i finished 11th

a lot of things went wrong this year, but some things went right for next year

i have a decent stable of starting pitching that looks to be a potential core for 2017, Votto returned to form and will justify another keeper selection next year

i think I can get back to the playoffs next year with a good offensive draft

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    If Keuchel hadn't been a shit pile and Abreu didn't wait until now to start socking dong, is be in the playoffs easy.

I have no clue what I'm going to do for keepers next year though.

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Are we in the playoffs?

I've been so messed up for these last few weeks and I have no idea.

Maximum on
    Correction to my earlier post.

Dozier is going to hit 45 home runs this year and set the record for 2B

• SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    Are we in the playoffs?

Yes. You're against Zen in the first round.

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Schide wrote: »
    Maximum wrote: »
    Are we in the playoffs?

Yes. You're against Zen in the first round.

Fuck.

• PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    Sigh, 10th.

Well I have a bunch of young talent, so now that should help and I go pitching heavy in theory. Lots of keeper choices so it should be interesting (and by lots, I mean lots for me for once).

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
    Well, I destroyed our previous regular season wins record by 25, and there was even an extra week that season. So that's something.

Let's see if I can't not blow it in the playoffs.

• JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    Schide wrote: »
    Well, I destroyed our previous regular season wins record by 25, and there was even an extra week that season. So that's something.

Let's see if I can't not blow it in the playoffs.

time to take more keepers from schide!

• PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    Steal them all!

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
    New rule to be voted on:

The League Champion only gets one keeper.

This rule only impacts Schide.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Schide's only won the championship once. Historically, it would have a bigger impact on Maximum, who won in 2013 and 2015.

EDIT: Also, that chart party video made me go check out Gary Sanchez, who is currently sitting at 30 games played and has an OPS of 1.136

Goose! on
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    The Mets will sign Tim Tebow to a minor league deal according to Adam Schefter, an NFL reporter.

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    The Mets will sign Tim Tebow to a minor league deal according to Adam Schefter, an NFL reporter.

Damn, had the Braves gotten him I could have watched him play live.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »

If you wanted to drive to Danville, maybe. I'll be surprised if he sniffs AA ball, much less MLB.

The Mets have a minor league affiliate in South Carolina

Also he's apparently getting to not play in Saturday games in the fall league to keep doing his ESPN job. But he's totally dedicated to baseball and not just selling his book, guys.

a5ehren wrote: »

If you wanted to drive to Danville, maybe. I'll be surprised if he sniffs AA ball, much less MLB.

I figure they would have put him with the Gwinnett Braves.

edited September 2016

Nah, dude is 29 and hasn't played baseball in over a decade. He's not going to be in AAA for a long time, if ever.

a5ehren on

Nah, dude is 29 and hasn't played baseball in over a decade. He's not going to be in AAA for a long time, if ever.

Oh yeah the Gwinnett league is AAA.

Hey @Nirya guess what?

One of the new employees at my job (a school) is the mother of Angels pitcher Nick Tropeano.

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Hey Nirya guess what?

One of the new employees at my job (a school) is the mother of Angels pitcher Nick Tropeano.

That's pretty neat!

I actually wish Trop got to pitch more but he's basically stuck as our sixth starter for no real reason other than this organization is clown shoes.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
    edited September 2016
    Well, now he's stuck on the shelf until 2018 it sounds like b/c of the UCL surgery.

EDIT: She brought in one of his TOPPS cards, but it wasn't signed.

Goose! on
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    I know he's old and injury prone but

How do you seriously pull Rich Hill from his perfect game only 89 pitches deep

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb4OdVS2eak

so javier baez's tag game is kind of unreal. i just learned miguel montero has requested baez exclusively take the throw on steals, even when he's playing second with a lefty up. i have never heard of a catcher doing that

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
    it's unreal how quick and under control he is, doing that

also, he doesn't steal much, because the cubs don't...really make a habit of it, but he's got a few terrific slides into second under his belt, too

• HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    Dozier in the 40 home run club

cool I guess for this shit show of a season

Roughned hit number 31 last night. He was worth the third round pick.

Somebody please tell me that Zach Britton isn't actually the front runner for the Cy Young, because if he does I'll eat my hat.

My hat of lies.

Seems like it's him or Kluber.

Until my dying day I would never vote a relief pitcher as Cy Young winner.

It's weird that Kyle Hendricks is a legit Cy Young candidate, right?

It's weird that Kyle Hendricks is a legit Cy Young candidate, right?

Yes.

very grateful the cubs were the team to hand them lost number 69

• Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    It's crazy that the cards are still in it, they are not great this year. This article put together the best 40 game record and the worst 40 game record for each team, and the difference between the card's two records is like, 3 games.

http://www.vivaelbirdos.com/2016/9/8/12844058/the-2016-st-louis-cardinals-methodically-consistent-and-perfectly-uninspired

Also bizarre is their huge disparity between road and home record, with them playing much, much better ball on the road.

They aren't eliminated yet, but maybe it will do more good if missing out convinces the FO to make a manager change. This series against the Giants is going to be huge. Too bad the Giants are super good at eliminating the cardinals.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453