As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MLB] USE THE NEW THREAD. LOCK ME, MODERATORS!

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Goose! wrote: »

The Cubs and A's are playing in throwbacks and the network decided to use throwback graphics.

The Cubs did a broadcast a few years back where they basically went through the history of on-screen graphics in baseball throughout the game. They jumped like, five or ten years every inning, I forget the actual interval, but it was really cool

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    That sounds pretty cool.

EDIT: Also, if Roark gets lit up (or gets run before the 6th ends) and Tanaka finishes the QS I have a shot at a 12-0 week.

Goose! on
  • PizzleStixxPizzleStixx Parp? Burnett? Really? UghRegistered User regular
    Still have tons of pieces to move, open to most. Hit me up, picks and players will work.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    i cant believe i won this week

Jasconius wrote: »
    i cant believe i won this week

I'm getting shut out!

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2016
    Ichiro "better than Pete Rose" Suzuki joins the 3,000 Hut club with a triple today.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    My entire team is on the dl.

It's depressing.

watch out guys! im almost not last again!

do you really want to finish the year behind someone who has no good pitcher on his team at all most of the year???

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Do me a favor and perform like a last place team this week, though, okay?

Don't worry Goose, you play me again.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Former NFL quarterback and current ESPN broadcaster Tim Tebow is actively pursuing a career in professional baseball and plans to hold a workout for Major League Baseball teams later this month, according to his agents Jimmy Sexton and Nick Khan.

For almost the past year, Tebow has been training in Arizona and Los Angeles to hone his hitting and fielding skills in a sport he has not played on a full-time basis since 2005.

Tebow was an All-State baseball player in Florida that year and hit .494 as a junior, helping Nease High School reach the final four of the Florida state playoffs.

edited August 2016
    He should've started that out of college.

Goose! on
    He's a joke.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
    i actually think it would be cool if he succeeded

I can't stand Tebow (the football player).

Trade:

Piz gets: AJ Reed & a 9th round pick

Angry gets: Lester

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
    Jasc is calling dibs on Tebow as his first round pick in next year's keeper draft.

He just wins stat columns

He also automatically wins the "intangibles" point.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I still kind of like Tebow and I can respect him giving it a shot. He's a hell of an athlete and he has a baseball background so it's not impossible.

What I see a lot of baseball writers asking today is why is he holding a workout in August when he could have attended the one that the MLB puts on in June and July?

More power to him if he thinks he can do it, but this screams of getting his name out there in the news again, otherwise why not just attend that one.

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
    I still kind of like Tebow and I can respect him giving it a shot. He's a hell of an athlete and he has a baseball background so it's not impossible.

Lebron James has a football background, I still can't see him making it in the NFL.

Baseball has numerous lower leagues that he could get a spot on and play meaningful games while trying to learn.

Football doesn't really have that option.

see in football you have to be a certain type of athlete

in baseball you can be bartolo fucking colon

edited August 2016
    Jasconius wrote: »
    see in football you have to be a certain type of athlete

in baseball you can be bartolo fucking colon

Yeah, a SUPER athlete

Raijin Quickfoot on
    all im saying is if in 10 years we're celebrating a 350 pound Tim Tebow crashing the plate like it was the goalline we'll be in a better world

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Micheal Jordan dodged gambling charges playing baseball and he was a top athlete in his field, never really amounted to much. Tebow sucked at football and we know that jesus christ can't hit a curve ball so he's fucked.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    if you're making a trade this year that involves a draft pick, please log it in the new tab here so we can recall it next year

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ISEGRtG71d-9uvcoui9bAJDBvStX0u_QNW3OrjingTA/edit#gid=26281213

• AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Prince Fielder's career is over.

Do you only want the picks in here that changed hands, or do you want he whole trade?

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
    Do you only want the picks in here that changed hands, or do you want he whole trade?

the whole trade would be nice

Angry wrote: »
    Prince Fielder's career is over.

Damn. I always liked Cecil so I rooted for Prince. Sucks to hear

When'd the deadline again?

PizForum-Whalers-2.jpg
    I took care of the 2 I did.

When'd the deadline again?

The 14th, 5 days from today.

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Hail Satan, this game is finally over.

GO MARINERS!

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
    edited August 2016
    Sitting A-Rod in his last few games when you're out of contention is such a dick move by the Yankees.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Sitting A-Rod in his last few games when you're out of contention is such a dick move by the Yankees.

Yeah there was an espn article that basically said the yankees are basically showing their hand and that hand is "fuck you Arod".

I'll be shocked if a team doesn't pick him up after the yankees release him. If only to give him a proper send off (you know juiced hot dog night and everything).

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

Yeah there was an espn article that basically said the yankees are basically showing their hand and that hand is "fuck you Arod".

I'll be shocked if a team doesn't pick him up after the yankees release him. If only to give him a proper send off (you know juiced hot dog night and everything).

The Yankees aren't releasing him. He's staying on through 2017 in an advisory role and they're paying him his remaining contract.

It's fucked up. Let the man play his last few games. He's earned that at least.