• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    So he was human.

• Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    God damnit

• Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    this is a complaint post about spoilers.

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    We spotted (and boughted) the McFarlane lego-style kits at Walmart last night. There are three smaller kits ($9) of Peridot, Pearl and Garnet, two mid-sized ($12) kits of Rose and Amethyst, and then a larger $30 set with Greg and Steven and the van.

They aren't the best ever looking toys (Garnet's lack of sunglasses is disappointing and the cheap kits are basically minifigs with small bases) but look better than the blind boxed stuff and the kitchen looks pretty neat. Unfortunately we bought them for my son's birthday so I can't see them open until next weekend.

Edit: McFarlane's site sounds like the line might be Walmart exclusive.

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    I have the Garnet one sitting right here that I made and I think it is fine. Yea, they aren't Legos, so don't expect that quality, but I think it looks good for what it is. Her not having glasses is a play from that episode since Steven took them off and she was all intense looking at the Beat Mania machine.

The kitchen one definitely looks the best out of all of them IMO. I didn't care for the Peridot, Rose, or Pearl sets. Even the van just seems lacking in some fashion.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Do we have any updates on when the next episodes will start airing?

My girlfriend is very upset with me for showing her this show and then catching up right as the hiatus started

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I can't find any info about when the hiatus might end, not even much speculation

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    If people are sad about the show being asleep, this might cheer them up:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNuPD7-8APo

• Options
    OkamiOkami On the internet nobody knows you're a dog. Nobody. Land of Ports, OreganoRegistered User regular
    I would really like the hiatus to end

It feels like it's been years

• Options
    It's been like, two or three months?

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
  • Options
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I watched Lars turn pink and then the show disappeared for 50 years. . .

50 years . . .

50 years . . .

latest?cb=20130613202233

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    They need more time to schedule in "Your New Favorite Show!"

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Everything got cancelled so Teen Titans Go could be shown more

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    The hiatus is getting to me fiercely.

So I decided to draw the Crystal Gems as DnD characters.

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • Options
    Ok KO is pretty great and I hope it's getting enough viewership to get at least a second season of episodes.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Gundi wrote: »

The Trump Administration is having a disturbing effect on our perception of time, it's been 2017 for at least four years

Broke as fuck and the bills past due, all amounts assist and are kindly received.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    ChimeraChimera Monster girl with a snek tail and five eyes Bad puns, that's how eye roll. Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »

The Trump Administration is having a disturbing effect on our perception of time, it's been 2017 for at least four years

Could you imagine if on New Years Day we all go back to January 1st 2017 like a horrible year long version of Groundhogs Day?

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    It'd get way more depraved way faster than Groudhog Day, I'd be eating a raw human foot in the middle of the street nude but for a domino mask on like the second cycle

Broke as fuck and the bills past due, all amounts assist and are kindly received.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    ChimeraChimera Monster girl with a snek tail and five eyes Bad puns, that's how eye roll. Registered User regular
    It'd get way more depraved way faster than Groudhog Day, I'd be eating a raw human foot in the middle of the street nude but for a domino mask on like the second cycle

ANARCHY! ANARCHY! ANARCHY!

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Chimera wrote: »

Could you imagine if on New Years Day we all go back to January 1st 2017 like a horrible year long version of Groundhogs Day?

Well on the plus side at least we know what needs fixed

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Ok KO is pretty great and I hope it's getting enough viewership to get at least a second season of episodes.

I've tried watching it a few times and really didn't care for it. My son wasn't sold on it either. It just felt like it aimed for a younger audience and I'm not a fan of the art style either.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Having Beast Boy and Jake dance like that was a pretty perfect idea

• Options
    minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular
    23 new posts, damn I was hoping there was news of more episodes!

All those juicy sneak peaks from SDCC and now nothing :(

• Options
    CN put out a clip from the next episode despite still not announcing a premiere date

https://youtu.be/E4azBfATFEc

• Options
    I'm surprised they didn't accidentally post the whole episode!

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    there's nothing accidental about this

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Yeah but they have a track record of accidentally posting entire episodes online.

Thank you, I'm here all week.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    and I'm saying they did not do that accidentaly

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    I'm convinced someone at cartoon Network is doing some Count of Monte Cristo level revenge plot where they sabotage all of CN's investments with promising creative teams by screwing up the schedule.

Although that's probably not the case with Steven Universe. They're probably just working on getting more of a backlog of episodes until they release more. Cause like when Steven Bomb format means they blow through episodes, and thus months of work, in no time flat.

Gundi on
  • Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    By the way, Star v. the Forces of Evil new season bomb begins on November 6.
    Two weeks of new episodes on Disney XD.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    television networks are trying to chase the popularity of streaming service binge-watching without the loss of control and/or ad revenue that comes with just putting their shit online

and the end result is just... really awkward

• Options
    OKKO is great because:

1. It actually did an episode on furries that was not rude or condescending towards furries.
    2. It did an episode about how old media is not inclusive, and while it's okay to like old media we should make efforts to be inclusive with new media.
    3. It did an episode with Captain Planet just throwing all the shade on climate change deniers. Just, all the shade.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I marathoned through Season 3 recently!
    I definitely like Peridot now, thanks to her having more time as a Crystal Gem and fitting in with the cast. Loved the Stevonnie and Smoky Quartz fights, too.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    I marathoned through Season 3 recently!
    I definitely like Peridot now, thanks to her having more time as a Crystal Gem and fitting in with the cast. Loved the Stevonnie and Smoky Quartz fights, too.

Peridot is my favorite character.

I relate with her on a lot of levels.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Pearl is still my favorite, but Peridot is a close second.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OKKO is great because:

1. It actually did an episode on furries that was not rude or condescending towards furries.
    2. It did an episode about how old media is not inclusive, and while it's okay to like old media we should make efforts to be inclusive with new media.
    3. It did an episode with Captain Planet just throwing all the shade on climate change deniers. Just, all the shade.

I must have watched the wrong episodes - I saw one where a robot kept attacking the store over and over again, and other where a letter off the sign was stolen and the bad guy's henchmen were a big part of the episode. They both felt like they skewed younger than Steven or Adventure Time and didn't really motivate me to try watching more.

On the Gems - my son's favorite has become Peridot as well (mine's Amethyst).

This discussion has been closed.