As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Monster Hunter] World. PS4 Beta on 12/9. Welcome new Hunters!

• VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Made it to HR3, skipped all the gathering quests for now, in my experience the guild hall gathering quests are even more tedious solo, pretty sure in 4U I actually timed out on one of the coal gathering missions cos the mining points didn't respawn fast enough.

I'm knocking out most of the LR quests now with my cats. They haven't been too bad yet but I also haven't done too many of the actual gathering quests, just the small monster ones.

Some of the HR ones are insane, though. 50 Banhabra? And a separate quest for 50 Vespoids? WTF, Capcom?

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Vyolynce wrote: »
    Made it to HR3, skipped all the gathering quests for now, in my experience the guild hall gathering quests are even more tedious solo, pretty sure in 4U I actually timed out on one of the coal gathering missions cos the mining points didn't respawn fast enough.

I'm knocking out most of the LR quests now with my cats. They haven't been too bad yet but I also haven't done too many of the actual gathering quests, just the small monster ones.

Some of the HR ones are insane, though. 50 Banhabra? And a separate quest for 50 Vespoids? WTF, Capcom?

You take that back

That quest is a godsend for anyone who wants to make bug themed armor

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Yeah, the 50 bug quests are actually pretty easy to solo and, with poison bombs, you get more than enough parts for your Bug weapon and armor needs.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Gonna be honest I'm not sure we needed both Bhanabra and Vespoids, they are pretty much the same thing, Hornetaur can stay though.

Gonna be honest I'm not sure we needed both Bhanabra and Vespoids, they are pretty much the same thing, Hornetaur can stay though.

They make different bug armors that do different things!

• CromartyCromarty Danielle Registered User regular
    Orphane wrote: »

They make different bug armors that do different things!
    There's always the 4U solution, where you trade for parts of monsters that don't appear in the game.

• chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    I vote we keep Vespoids. The classic, refined bug choice.

steam_sig.png
  • TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    I vote we keep Vespoids. The classic, refined bug choice.

If we're talking refined then the bug that turns into an iridescent coat-and-tails outfit is the clear winner.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
    Decision 2016: Vespoid or Bnahabra?

I would vote for the lesser of the two evils, if only I could figure out which one that is...

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    My psp pads came and I've installed one.

It works great and is certainly far more useable than the nub was.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

I would vote for the lesser of the two evils, if only I could figure out which one that is...

VOTE HORNETAUR

Also speaking of bug armor good christ the Aelucanth S stuff is a pain in the ass and a half to farm.

But I want to be the champion of justice for all bugkind!

When do we get a bug elder dragon

Narkakos is a step up from the past but

Arch wrote: »

VOTE HORNETAUR
    Pfft. And throw away my vote?
    https://youtu.be/rAT_BuJAI70

8i1dt37buh2m.png
    So I need all the bug armor and weapons

ps who wants to help me farm seltas stuff once I get my Aelucanth S and Obituary S stuff (for both gunner and blademaster lololol kill me)

ps who wants to help me farm seltas stuff once I get my Aelucanth S and Obituary S stuff (for both gunner and blademaster lololol kill me)

O

You're getting both

Godspeed, friend

O

You're getting both

Godspeed, friend

Im gonna make all four

O

You're getting both

Godspeed, friend

Im gonna make all four

I meant both as in blademaster/gunner

I already took it for granted you were building both bug arnors

O

You're getting both

Godspeed, friend

Im gonna make all four

I meant both as in blademaster/gunner

I already took it for granted you were building both bug arnors

Yeah I mean I hate myself so

My goal is to have either Aelucanth or Obituary mail for my blademaster, and the Celestial Sword

And the Aelucanth/Obituary set for my gunner, and the Feminine Haze

I can't decide between the Hortadent or Sect Happa's final form though. Less raw/elemental damage for better sharpness gauge and three slots? Or more damage and +30 defense.

I DONT KNOW (although obvs using any insect glaive still makes me a champion of bugkind so)

When do we get a bug elder dragon

Narkakos is a step up from the past but

I'm still waiting for them to add Akura Jebia and Akura Vashimu (the scorpions from MH Frontier/Online) to one of the mainline games.
    hqdefault.jpg

8i1dt37buh2m.png
    I was thinking something like a massive solifuge or maybe a centipede

I know these aren't "bugs"

Perhaps something like a bombardier beetle or a mantis (though that might be too close to ceanataur?) or an atlas beetle

• EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    I want to see a giant kinsect that escaped and just gorged itself on jelly, ambrosia, or whatever you feed them now.

• Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    I spent more than twice the time getting the non-Tetsu parts for Tetsucabra S armor than i did getting the Tetsu parts. Gathering made both long and annoying. Why is the only high-rank Rhenoplos hunting quest locked behind a Village 6-level Palico thing (namely Cha-cha's requests)? Took me over 90 minutes for 9 might seeds, 10 hercudromes, and 6 Rhenoplos Carapace (off of the only two in Jurassic Frontier, the only place i could find them from the HR4 harvest tours).

But now i've got it and am ready to properly face High Rank.

edited August 2016
    Picture of the mod:

http://i.imgur.com/zzouzX6.jpg

Seidkona on
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    I want a monster thats basically just a giant parasite or some sort of freaky amoeba.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • JeixJeix Registered User regular
    That photo of your 3ds is larger than an actual 3ds. Mod looks cool though, might order one tonight.

edited August 2016
    Jeix wrote: »
    That photo of your 3ds is larger than an actual 3ds. Mod looks cool though, might order one tonight.

Thanks! Did it on my phone last night and tested the image size but messed it up. I just linked it until I can fix it later

Edit: eh, I'll just leave the link. That way people can zoom in on the pad to look at it better.

Edit 2: One thing to note about the mod. It doesn't really move or turn into a joystick. It's more like a textured larger nub. You exert force in a direction to get movement still. That being said it requires a lot less force to go in any direction and I can get the camera to go a lot faster than I could with the nub.

Seidkona on
    edited August 2016
    In non-modding related news I ran some charm farms last night and while I didn't get anything amazing I did get a +5 Frenzy Res 0 slot that I paired up with the gore r chest. I left all the rest of the set as Ceanataur S.

I could gem this to get me Crit Eye +3 and Antivirus. With current affinity (60% until I can get night rains black made for 70%) I can get 90% affinity when Frenzy Body is active which is quite often.

Seidkona on
  • WraithvergeWraithverge Registered User regular
    Entaru wrote: »

Thanks! Did it on my phone last night and tested the image size but messed it up. I just linked it until I can fix it later

Edit: eh, I'll just leave the link. That way people can zoom in on the pad to look at it better.

Edit 2: One thing to note about the mod. It doesn't really move or turn into a joystick. It's more like a textured larger nub. You exert force in a direction to get movement still. That being said it requires a lot less force to go in any direction and I can get the camera to go a lot faster than I could with the nub.

Nice. The nub was fine for other games but I'm spinning the camera so much in MHG and I find it stops responding/gets greasy after a while and it messes me up. I've reverted to using L lock-on again in fights.

edited August 2016
    Entaru wrote: »

Nice. The nub was fine for other games but I'm spinning the camera so much in MHG and I find it stops responding/gets greasy after a while and it messes me up. I've reverted to using L lock-on again in fights.

I didn't even need a tool to do it. I just hooked the nub from right to left with my fingernail and then pulled up on it.

I played a bit last night after doing it and its infinitely easier to control the camera now.

Seidkona on
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Well, I ended up staying up for 2 hours longer than I wanted to last night because I randomly found a group doing dreadqueen with a guy using the fungasax and we went all the way to X.

That is some OP shit against DQ. She goes from very threatening to a total pushover. Only need 2 more 4 tickets for my set, very exciting.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Freedom Unite had a Vespoid Queen. That was cool. I have no idea why they never really brought that back.

She even had a little crown!

steam_sig.png
    I also scouted a pretty decent protection Palico last night.

• EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    I think im going to end up making a "for fun" protection prowler when i get one with the skills. Im thinking rath of meow and anti monster mine, and using counter boost to help fill the bars up quicker while blocking. Certainly not optimal, but theres a point where you can pull back from optimal and just have fun doing whatever.

Enigmedic wrote: »
    I think im going to end up making a "for fun" protection prowler when i get one with the skills. Im thinking rath of meow and anti monster mine, and using counter boost to help fill the bars up quicker while blocking. Certainly not optimal, but theres a point where you can pull back from optimal and just have fun doing whatever.

This is what I'm looking for in a Prowler, honestly

I don't care about having THE ULTIMATE PROWLER but I want some bombs and support stuff and traps

I think

I'm still not sure

I figure I'll try out weird prowler stuff after I complete my epic journey to become the warrior of justice for all bugkind

I don't care about having THE ULTIMATE PROWLER but I want some bombs and support stuff and traps

I think

I'm still not sure
    I mean, I've been spreading my prowler around, the one that's based on my IRL cat, Remington. He is nearly perfect in terms of building a DPS Fighter Boomer, and he looks just like my Remington. So you've got that one covered, which leaves you free to search for any other Prowler of your choosing.

For assistants, I have a couple of decent Gathering cats (not perfect) with Boomerang Pro, Piercing Boomerang, and Big Boomerang (assistant Palicos aren't as limited by meter, by the way... they just use their skills willy nilly, with a frequency based on how much meter cost the moves are). Gathering cats essentially give you 1 to 3 extra carves (usually just 1 carve unless you equip Pilfer Boost), including rare carves, which is HUGE. I think there's a Pilfer skill (melee steal) that you can transfer to other cats, if you want fighters that can also steal the occasional carve.

The thing about Protection prowlers is that they build up meter REALLY quickly on blocks. Remember to cancel out of your block with a "roll" (more like a pounce), because there is a hitch in the animation after you block. Same with the recovery from the megaspin melee attack... you can roll cancel out of it.

Also, Prowlers can sort-of run while weapons are unsheathed. If you hold a directional button in a direction while you are roll-pouncing you continue to do your bouncy run after the roll. It's not as fast as the sheathed run, but it's pretty darn fast.

Bombs have been pretty disappointing so far. The traps are okay, but they take a LOT of meter to lay down, so you really need a Protection cat to consistently get that much meter quickly.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
    Hahaha holy shit

Okay so I need the following total for my stupid bug journey
    • Godbug x 20
    • Bitterbug x 20
    • Flashbug x 20
    • Stinkhopper x 20
    • Snakebee Larva x 20
    • Rare Scarab x 52
    • Butterfly Beetle x 24
    • Bnahabra Carapace x 10
    • Quality Stomach x 8
    • Vespoid Carapace x 10
    • Hornetaur Carapace x 10
    • Seltas Horn+ x 4
    • Shiny Beetle x 16
    • Fulgurbug x 10
    • King Scarab x 6
    • Great Hornfly x 26
    • Toxin Sac x 24
    • Omniplegia Sac x 6
    • Inferno Sac x 6
    • Thunder Sac x 4
    • Torrent Sac x 6
    • Monster Broth x 8

I'm not starting from scratch, thankfully, due to farming a bit with @Orphane and on my own. I've made a few pieces already but....just....jesus

Why am I doing this to myself

INSECT JUSTICE

I think

I'm still not sure
    I mean, I've been spreading my prowler around, the one that's based on my IRL cat, Remington. He is nearly perfect in terms of building a DPS Fighter Boomer, and he looks just like my Remington. So you've got that one covered, which leaves you free to search for any other Prowler of your choosing.

For assistants, I have a couple of decent Gathering cats (not perfect) with Boomerang Pro, Piercing Boomerang, and Big Boomerang (assistant Palicos aren't as limited by meter, by the way... they just use their skills willy nilly, with a frequency based on how much meter cost the moves are). Gathering cats essentially give you 1 to 3 extra carves (usually just 1 carve unless you equip Pilfer Boost), including rare carves, which is HUGE. I think there's a Pilfer skill (melee steal) that you can transfer to other cats, if you want fighters that can also steal the occasional carve.

The thing about Protection prowlers is that they build up meter REALLY quickly on blocks. Remember to cancel out of your block with a "roll" (more like a pounce), because there is a hitch in the animation after you block. Same with the recovery from the megaspin melee attack... you can roll cancel out of it.

Also, Prowlers can sort-of run while weapons are unsheathed. If you hold a directional button in a direction while you are roll-pouncing you continue to do your bouncy run after the roll. It's not as fast as the sheathed run, but it's pretty darn fast.

Bombs have been pretty disappointing so far. The traps are okay, but they take a LOT of meter to lay down, so you really need a Protection cat to consistently get that much meter quickly.

I'll take that cat. I'm working on some gathering cats. I've been running with a Gathering cat named Wheat who has Boomerang Pro, Piercing, and I think Big Boomerangs, and an Assist cat named Tofu that has a bunch of traps and good boomerang skills. I'm not looking for stuff for running in the main game, just stuff to goof around with as a prowler.

I might try and roll a protection prowler with traps and detox horn but I'm not sure

Also I want to make bombing work! I'll DO IT (somehow)