As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Monster Hunter] World. PS4 Beta on 12/9. Welcome new Hunters!

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Arch wrote: »
    Hahaha holy shit

Okay so I need the following total for my stupid bug journey
    • Rare Scarab x 52
    HOLY SHIT.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Hahaha holy shit

• Godbug x 20
    • Bitterbug x 20
    • Flashbug x 20
    • Stinkhopper x 20
    • Snakebee Larva x 20
    • Rare Scarab x 52
    • Butterfly Beetle x 24
    • Bnahabra Carapace x 10
    • Quality Stomach x 8
    • Vespoid Carapace x 10
    • Hornetaur Carapace x 10
    • Seltas Horn+ x 4
    • Shiny Beetle x 16
    • Fulgurbug x 10
    • King Scarab x 6
    • Great Hornfly x 26
    • Toxin Sac x 24
    • Omniplegia Sac x 6
    • Inferno Sac x 6
    • Thunder Sac x 4
    • Torrent Sac x 6
    • Monster Broth x 8

I'm not starting from scratch, thankfully, due to farming a bit with Orphane and on my own. I've made a few pieces already but....just....jesus

Why am I doing this to myself

INSECT JUSTICE
    Oh god, 52 rare scarabs. A typical Deserted Island farming run nets me, like, two.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Hey does anyone have that link handy that shows what skills are possible on each palico at each location? I can't seem to find it

Hey does anyone have that link handy that shows what skills are possible on each palico at each location? I can't seem to find it
    https://www.reddit.com/r/MonsterHunter/comments/4tfy86/palico_skill_distribution_guide_how_palico_skill/

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Yea, the rest of that list isn't so bad.

But fuck 52 rare scarabs.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I'm trying to plan out my palicos. I initially ignored them, then just ran around with my prowlers. So, I'm thinking this for a healer:

Healer Palico
    Support
    True Health Horn
    Armor Horn
    Herb Horn
    A- Health Horn
    B- Go, Fight, Win
    B- Detox Horn
    C- Ultrasonic Horn

Trying to decide on a gatherer or defender for the second.

What is this I don't even.
    edited August 2016
    I tried a Healer Pacifist Palico for a while, but it seemed redundant. The Herb Horns (One of them has Health Horn, too) from my Gathering assistants seemed to be more than enough for spot healing for most fights, because I'm chugging Mega Potions or Gourmet Fish anyway after big hits. Then again, I am using Insect Glaive for a lot of fights, which has a self-heal (group, if you go Balanced Bug).

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
    I can't speak for Darkewolfe, but when I'm talking about making a Prowler, I'm thinking one for Online-only

So a healer build etc wouldn't be as dumb of an investment when no one else is bringing Palicoes

• OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Wyvern wrote: »
    Hahaha holy shit

• Godbug x 20
    • Bitterbug x 20
    • Flashbug x 20
    • Stinkhopper x 20
    • Snakebee Larva x 20
    • Rare Scarab x 52
    • Butterfly Beetle x 24
    • Bnahabra Carapace x 10
    • Quality Stomach x 8
    • Vespoid Carapace x 10
    • Hornetaur Carapace x 10
    • Seltas Horn+ x 4
    • Shiny Beetle x 16
    • Fulgurbug x 10
    • King Scarab x 6
    • Great Hornfly x 26
    • Toxin Sac x 24
    • Omniplegia Sac x 6
    • Inferno Sac x 6
    • Thunder Sac x 4
    • Torrent Sac x 6
    • Monster Broth x 8

I'm not starting from scratch, thankfully, due to farming a bit with Orphane and on my own. I've made a few pieces already but....just....jesus

Why am I doing this to myself

INSECT JUSTICE
    Oh god, 52 rare scarabs. A typical Deserted Island farming run nets me, like, two.

Really? Hmm. Running a gathering setup i usually got anywhere from 4-9 rare Scarabs, which is still not great but you could at least expect to finish farming 52 with an afternoon's worth of running tours. I guess i might have just been lucky in that regard?

Orphane on
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    I'm looking to start status gunning, but I have no idea what gun I should be aiming to forge

I do have the dread queen set queued up

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
    I can't speak for Darkewolfe, but when I'm talking about making a Prowler, I'm thinking one for Online-only

So a healer build etc wouldn't be as dumb of an investment when no one else is bringing Palicoes
    The big one is having a Support Trapper build. Because I think every Deviant ticket quest has at least one level where you only get On-site items and have to capture. :-P And Prowlers get free Tranq Bombs, along with a spare trap or two (which is huge).

8i1dt37buh2m.png
    Honestly with the bug farming I'm more annoyed by trying to get Vespoid/Hornetaur/Altaroth parts

I've made a poison SnS and have poison bombs but that still doesn't make it any less soul crushing

also praying to the RNG gods for Butterfly beetles. I overflow with Hornflies, but I can't seem to land Butterfly Beetles.

Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

The big one is having a Support Trapper build. Because I think every Deviant ticket quest has at least one level where you only get On-site items and have to capture. :-P And Prowlers get free Tranq Bombs, along with a spare trap or two (which is huge).

That's what I want to make, actually, for not-fucking around. What would you recommend I hunt for, skill and moves-wise?

• chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    I need to find people to drag into deviant fights..I still don't have any of mine leveled but I'm about to the point where they become the best choice for a couple of my weapons.

steam_sig.png
  • SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    I need to find people to drag into deviant fights..I still don't have any of mine leveled but I'm about to the point where they become the best choice for a couple of my weapons.

I want to so a few hypers to get my armor leveled just a little bit more and then I want to farm Deviants.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
    Honestly with the bug farming I'm more annoyed by trying to get Vespoid/Hornetaur/Altaroth parts

I've made a poison SnS and have poison bombs but that still doesn't make it any less soul crushing

also praying to the RNG gods for Butterfly beetles. I overflow with Hornflies, but I can't seem to land Butterfly Beetles.

Get a high leveled palico trading for honey, throw in a lagniapple/big lagniapple and see what it gets you

Worst case scenario you just put out 3 cats trading for honey, the higher leveled they are, the better

edited August 2016

That's what I want to make, actually, for not-fucking around. What would you recommend I hunt for, skill and moves-wise?
    I really like Go Fight Win. It costs 3 meter, but after you use it, all skills cost 1 less meter to use. This is gigantic, especially if you have a 1 meter skill that you want to spam (THIS INCLUDES EMERGENCY RETREAT!). Also gives other Prowlers the same benefit in the team, and hunters get unlimited stamina. Other than that, you definitely want one of the cheaper traps (Shock Purr-ison, I think, is my choice).

Assist cats have Pro Trapper for free, and that's what you'll want to have equipped as a Palico skill.

The rest would be spot skills like Big Boomerang and Boomerang Pro. You'd have to teach Piercing Boomerang to them, but I think you'd be able to teach whatever Palico skill you'd want. Like Earplugs or something.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
    Orphane wrote: »

Get a high leveled palico trading for honey, throw in a lagniapple/big lagniapple and see what it gets you

Worst case scenario you just put out 3 cats trading for honey, the higher leveled they are, the better
    You can also find Lagniapples in the Cat Areas on most maps, I think. They are gathered just like herbs.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
    I've been slowly working on Dreadqueen/Silverwind but i really do need to start start Dreadking/Hellblade

The good news is that negate poison makes dreadqueen substantially less of a pain in the ass- 1-4 stops being able to poison you at all, and i think instead of deadly poison from the high ranked dreadqueens you just get regular poison.

Once i finish silverwind x i'll definitely be up for doinh other deviants, i would just like to completely finish a set before moving on.

Orphane wrote: »

You can also find Lagniapples in the Cat Areas on most maps, I think. They are gathered just like herbs.

Yeah, in most cat villages (volcanic hollow and frozen seaway 100%) there should be a herb/berry node that will give anywhere from 1-4 lagniapples and potentially a big lagniapple or two. If i happen to start off in those areas i always stop to gather.

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I'm going to finish my Dreadqueen set to 6 tonight, and I'm pretty close to having enough tickets for the rest of the way aside from 7.

7 two more times isn't going to be very fun, but I'll be up for doing pretty much any other deviants. I want to get the rest of Silverwind, some Grimclaw for weapons, some Dreadking armor, and then maybe hellblade if I figure out how to fight him ever.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    I might be alone in wanting Crystalbeard as a farming set.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
    edited August 2016
    Knight_ wrote: »
    I'm going to finish my Dreadqueen set to 6 tonight, and I'm pretty close to having enough tickets for the rest of the way aside from 7.

7 two more times isn't going to be very fun, but I'll be up for doing pretty much any other deviants. I want to get the rest of Silverwind, some Grimclaw for weapons, some Dreadking armor, and then maybe hellblade if I figure out how to fight him ever.
    Try farming the multi-monster quests at later tiers first, especially number X. You sometimes get lower tier tickets from the multi-monster quests, which allow you to fill out the lower levels easier. That way, you don't have to farm those quests 3 times in a row for a full set.

In other words, do X three times (6 times X tickets, possibly only two times if you get lucky), then do IX the remaining number of times (1 or 2 depending on how many spare tickets you got from X), etc.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Entaru wrote: »
    I might be alone in wanting Crystalbeard as a farming set.

Depends how it looks, haven't unlocked it. It's the highest fate until we get EX G Ian.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    edited August 2016
    Also, Dreadking is by far the harder fight compared to Hellblade. Hellblade has the harder "on-site item only" capture quest, but that's about it. Hellblade's only dangerous thing is that he does a double Big Spin attack, but the Big Spins are all avoided by just running up between his legs and rolling, and each Big Spin in the double Big Spin attack has a huge delay. He even staggers more often than the regular Glavenus, because you can stagger him by beating the powder out of body parts.

The key, I've found, in Glavenus fights is counter-intuitive to most monster fights. For most monsters, you want your observation range to be just out of tail-sweep. Given that Glavenus has a huge-ass tail, you actually want to be right up against his legs at all times. There's only one quick tail-sweep attack that can hit you there, and it doesn't do much damage. All of his other attacks sail over you. If you keep your distance, he closes the distance quickly and agilely, with no warning.

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png

This isn't for prowlers. This is for solo pals.

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
  • Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    Trolling for Toxin Sacs from Gypceros, because i don't think i saw an Iodrome quest in HR4, so it's kind of a slow process since Toxin Sacs drop a lot less from him.

Seems like i can get a fair few of my weapons out of HR4, though. Drill Lance's first HR level just needs Monster Broth and Carbalite Ore, and the Lagombi weapon is in a similar vein, along with Naag Serpentblade and these Toxin Sacs.

Dearly wish you could clone weapons here. I don't want to restart another tree just to get the Lagiacrus Lance. But maybe the forge will offer it as a base...

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Mr Khan wrote: »
    Trolling for Toxin Sacs from Gypceros, because i don't think i saw an Iodrome quest in HR4, so it's kind of a slow process since Toxin Sacs drop a lot less from him.

Seems like i can get a fair few of my weapons out of HR4, though. Drill Lance's first HR level just needs Monster Broth and Carbalite Ore, and the Lagombi weapon is in a similar vein, along with Naag Serpentblade and these Toxin Sacs.

Dearly wish you could clone weapons here. I don't want to restart another tree just to get the Lagiacrus Lance. But maybe the forge will offer it as a base...

There's a double Iodrome in either 4 or 5.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Just unlocked Dalamadar.

Thats one big ass snake.

First monster I probably had no idea how to approach. Doesn't seem like it would be that bad though once you figure it out though.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    Spent all night trying to get a fighting cat with:
    Piercing (default not demon horn)
    Big Boomerang
    Dung Bomb

Attack (L)
    Boomerang Pro
    (Didn't even get that much but was also looking for any extras like earplugs or wind or tremor resist)

Didn't get one. Got close with everything but attack (L) so I might just pass it down with training

jCyyTSo.png
    edited August 2016
    this marks the 2nd time in my monster hunting career i've gotten 5 ukanlos stones in the rewards from 1 hunt

i did not think to take pictures of the reward screen because i was too busy laughing about it but

RMVlJII.jpg?1
    HVrZaD3.jpg?5

Orphane on
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Ugh.

Someone remind me to look into some nice status effect resistant armor when I finally start Gen.

Fucking Raths. Nothing but constant screaming, fireballs and poison.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    Woo finally unlocked hunter rank. I killed probably 7 narks and most of the hr7 key quests for times or so before i could get it done...

I did manage to get gems off a lot of the monsters though, so when i go to make gear ill have a leg up.

• TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    Mr Khan wrote: »
    The Lagiacrus lance can be created from scratch. This stuff's all on Kiranico, if you weren't aware.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Just unlocked Dalamadar.

Thats one big ass snake.

First monster I probably had no idea how to approach. Doesn't seem like it would be that bad though once you figure it out though.

Oh right, sorry about missing your message last night. Caught me later than usual so I was loafing and watching a bad movie.

If you haven't done the dumb snake yet I'm game, I have my anti dumb snake Gunlance set still because I'm too lazy to do him the right way.

steam_sig.png
    If anyone wants to do some huntering this morning with an HR6/7 (so working your urgents if you're less, working my urgents, or just farming something in my range), @ me. I'll be available a couple hours.

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    @Darkewolfe
    I could probably stand to clear some stuff out in that range. Be online in a minute.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Oh dear. It would appear as though in making my forging plans I DRAMATICALLY overestimated the rarity of Tigrex Maws. Because I've gotten like five from four Tigrexes and I'm not sure if I even need more than three.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650