As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mobius FF] The Other, Other F2P Final Fantasy Mobile Game

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    Yeah, I like the combat system here, but it's insane that the best thing I could do for my power levels are to blow my stock of 60+ elixirs constantly refreshing my 75 energy and farming Skillseeds. There's no fun in that at all.

And I've only got a few pulled jobs, with only two I really care about. Imagine the time investment if you have 4-5 jobs you want to keep current.

Eh, you farm 'em over time. No need to go crazy over anything. I mean if you want hard content, at least the 3star multis exist. Otherwise, take the game as the content comes. There's been weekly new stuff for a while now.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    Hm. So I heard this is basically a mobile game remake of FF1, with lots of 4th wall breaking and snark? How important is rerolling for "that one roll?"

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    The names of some of the supporting characters are the same, but otherwise it's not got much to do with FF1.

Plus side, there's basically zero point to rerolling unless you want to fish for a specific job... Maybe. Feels like you can experience pretty much everything with any job now.

• Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    I played manual through the Hunters Islands... but now that I know how it works, I've just got 4 decks to tackle each element and they auto for 500k to 1m no prob. Granted, I'm working with 8* Ranger and WHM, but that's a big shift in power.

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    I'm not even bothering to farm seeds because I know gigantuar is in the near future. So I get by with my one really leveled job and wait.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    All the wandering bosses are being stingy with augment mats latel :(

• Options
    Thoughts on FFX pack?

I might still go for tidus, but the cards don't really turn my f2p self on.

• Options
    anyone still playing this? :P

• Options
    I play daily. Not much going on though. The limit break event is just kind of a slog.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I'm on a lot. I'm having a bunch of fun still. The new 3star multi quests are pretty rough, but let you get some nice 4star cards.

• Options
    I'm still playing here and there but I've abandoned multiplayer. Which is weird as I thought it was pretty neat, and it still is... But too much time investment, too much grinding bosses. Mobius already takes the most amount of time to empty a stamina bar, it was even worse emptying two.

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    I'm still playing here and there but I've abandoned multiplayer. Which is weird as I thought it was pretty neat, and it still is... But too much time investment, too much grinding bosses. Mobius already takes the most amount of time to empty a stamina bar, it was even worse emptying two.

same mostly. its my last stop for mobile games at the moment. I don't really care too much if I fill up on stamina since I have like 100 elixirs.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I have trouble logging to empty my distiller. My phone goes to sleep 3-4 times before I can get into the game. It seems complexity unreasonable to have this much loading time.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    I just been soloing 2* multi with my WHM/rng team. Getting the 4* st cards without growstars is legit. After that I'm not sure I'd do much mp until they add more rewards.

The collective event is long enough that it doesn't seem too bad of a slog, but I've only done mange and ranger areas, as I haven't pulled a warrior.

• Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    I've mostly just been playing a bit to farm out summon tickets here and there. I should really get onto MP again, but I can't be arsed to get my classes up to 8*.

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Tidus will be here soon! And you can get him... by buying 12k Magicite between November 24th and December 6th.

http://information.mobiusfinalfantasy.com/ne/sp/2016/11/22/0fa4bab1b7c847c7269ab7994df64dea.html

I feel bad for everyone who's been hoarding Summon Tickets. This is some serious bullshit if he's not in the job summon queue.

Rius on
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Holy crap, 75$?!? This game must think its vastly more entertaining than it is!

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Pretty much.

I've got 30+ which is fine, because I need some more jobs. I'm disappointed that I don't even have a chance to get Tidus though.

Also hope we can get fodder for the new AOE cards in December.

• Options
    On one hand that seems dumb. The class isn't that good.

On the other hand I've spent that much on stuff in Warframe I could just farm for.

So I dunno I may be part of the problem.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    As long as you aren't looking at prime access, platinum can be had for not a tone of IRL $$ in Warframe. Magicite is way more expensive, IMO.

The cost of magicite is my biggest gripe here.

• Options
    I haven't played Warframe, but I assume its more interactive than 99% auto play?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »
    I haven't played Warframe, but I assume its more interactive than 99% auto play?

Yes, but only because there is no auto play. It's pretty easy to trivialize most content.

Speaking of, lv.7 ifrit sicarius is almost too strong to get break bar on water fiends for my WHM :(

• Options
    Pulled warrior, scholar, dark knight, and assassin. I think I'll do dark knight first, cause I don't have an attacker. WTB Gigantaur map.

Also did some greater ability summons, got leviathan, gabrielle, amazon, glasya, yasha. All were 3*. Pulled Payne and Rikku as well. Don't think there was anything else notable.

Are the break defense down fodder in chapter 3.2?

• Options
    3rd greater summon was Yuna :( I don't think I'll get YRP

• Options
    https://www.facebook.com/notes/mobius-final-fantasy-ne/december-calendar/363899730631203

December calendar is up.

No job batch. Sounds like 'Mystic Sage' will come with the $75 magicite package. No other info on the Dissidia banner.

• Options
    Meh. I think I'm going to delete it actually. Even Terra Battle is more fun somehow and that's nothing but grind.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Yep, I'm uninstalling. Clearly enough people bought Tidus for that to be a good practice for them going forward, and I'm less than optimistic about them continuing to tie things to real money expenditures.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Feldorn wrote: »
    https://www.facebook.com/notes/mobius-final-fantasy-ne/december-calendar/363899730631203

December calendar is up.

No job batch. Sounds like 'Mystic Sage' will come with the $75 magicite package. No other info on the Dissidia banner.

Wow this sucks. I was having fun with this game too. Oh well, good thing I bought FFT on sale now. Think I'm going to join on the uninstall party as well.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    I enjoy the game more than the other gacha based FF mobile games. Not that it is a great game, but I find it fun.

I'll try and hang on to get through the story and such.

• Options
    Which other ones have you tried? Record keeper is pretty fun.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Which other ones have you tried? Record keeper is pretty fun.

Record Keeper and Brave Exvius.

Möbius is just more fun to play for me.

• Options
    I enjoy the game more than the other gacha based FF mobile games. Not that it is a great game, but I find it fun.

Have they finished the story in Japan? Or is it endless?

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Betsuni wrote: »

I've been really enjoying the world building. It's pretty neat to me.

• Options

I don't think so. Not sure if it's endless,

• Options

I don't think so. Not sure if it's endless,

Ah ok. I forgot there was a story to be honest since I finished the last story section too fast.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    http://nichegamer.com/2016/12/01/mobius-final-fantasy-charges-75-per-new-in-game-class-this-is-unacceptable/

So uh. Can someone give context?

Tidus apparently costs $75? And they're doing this for another new character coming up?

(Bonus: PC version incoming, apparently.)

• Options
    It's the end result of how the game's economy has evolved. Players were able to stock up large numbers of summon tickets, banking them on the assumption that new chase jobs like Tidus would be added to the general job summon pool. That's how things are in JP, but the crucial difference is we can't pull duplicate jobs and they can. There are some other differences too.

There are many featured or "Legend" jobs in the upcoming months and it looks like they're going to be charging this much for all of them.

• Options
    It's the end result of how the game's economy has evolved. Players were able to stock up large numbers of summon tickets, banking them on the assumption that new chase jobs like Tidus would be added to the general job summon pool. That's how things are in JP, but the crucial difference is we can't pull duplicate jobs and they can. There are some other differences too.

There are many featured or "Legend" jobs in the upcoming months and it looks like they're going to be charging this much for all of them.

So basically, they gave away too much free stuff, and this is their hail mary pass to pay for the game?

• Options
    It's a reasonable assumption. JP gets lots of resources, and can farm the general resource, but has to randomly pull jobs and abilities and can get dupes of both. GL gets a bit less resources, and can't really farm the primary resource, but there are no dupe jobs and we can pick and choose nearly all of the abilities from the store using a secondary resource. There's very little reason to randomly pull anything, at a certain point, and you can game the system a little if you do.

• Options
    Someone on Reddit did a nice math post regarding the gacha and how much it'd cost to pull jobs. Basically unless you started day one you're so far behind that you'll have to spend more money to get the legend jobs then we have to in global. They can farm magicite but there is a cap per month and such.

I'm not sure how I feel, personally.

$40 I probably wouldn't even bat an eye. $75 feels a bit high but I'll see how that holds up on a job I actually want. Which isn't many! Actually more interested in the normal jobs.

steam_sig.png