As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MechWarrior Online] The fix for that Stompy Bot craving.

• Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    Nips Buttcleft if you guys are having hot megamek campaign action, I want in on that shit.

Yess..more people to play good stompy bots.

I would also be down for this. A continuing megamek game would be outstanding. I just didn't want to try to learn it for a one off, as I said.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    why is no one playing My Prettiest Mech Shop?

6Z7McA2.jpg

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    why is no one playing My Prettiest Mech Shop?

[i mg]http://i.imgur.com/6Z7McA2.jpg[/im g]

What the actual fuck, @HydroSqueegee

• Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    @Nips @Buttcleft if you guys are having hot megamek campaign action, I want in on that shit.

I mentioned to Padre and the other guys last night during MWO time, that I'm considering going to an every-other-Thursday evening split of MWO and Megamek, since the interest is there. You're more than welcome to join in!

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    This is how the Clan invasion was justified.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    i mean really guys... they really didnt think this through...

swzbh2a.jpg

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    i mean really guys... they really didnt think this through...

[i mg]http://i.imgur.com/swzbh2a.jpg[/ img]

Jesus Christ Hydro, what the fuck.

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    That's just obscene.

vaj7o9rq4v2h.png

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    I'm sitting in vent with hydro listening to him open fucking supply caches and while I get ebon jaguar side torsos and medium lasers this motherfuckers getting premium time and cache keys and fucking fuck I want to fucking strangle him.

• Options
    That's just obscene.

vaj7o9rq4v2h.png

It's that low? Dang.

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    So, doing some light reading on Sarna, here's something I'd bet we'd be happy to take into a fight...
    Between the two reserve units was the key to the engagement; the ELHs extensive artillery assets.

As the Smoke Jaguars closed in, the artillery opened up. Their initial two salvos were not heavy ordinance, but a mixture of smoke rounds and artillery dispersed jamming pods that littered the direct path the Jaguars were running as they closed in, denying them the advantage of their extended weapons ranges.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Nips wrote: »
    So, doing some light reading on Sarna, here's something I'd bet we'd be happy to take into a fight...
    Between the two reserve units was the key to the engagement; the ELHs extensive artillery assets.

As the Smoke Jaguars closed in, the artillery opened up. Their initial two salvos were not heavy ordinance, but a mixture of smoke rounds and artillery dispersed jamming pods that littered the direct path the Jaguars were running as they closed in, denying them the advantage of their extended weapons ranges.

PGI would give it to the clans to, because god forbid their fucking chosen gods ever be forced to deal with any sort of drawback or challenge.

also I'm pretty sure I've posted many times about that kind of stuff in the past, about different arty and deployable weapons to fuck with clan advantages, like chaff smoke that stops lasers from firing through and shit.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Nips wrote: »

PGI would give it to the clans to, because god forbid their fucking chosen gods ever be forced to deal with any sort of drawback or challenge.

also I'm pretty sure I've posted many times about that kind of stuff in the past, about different arty and deployable weapons to fuck with clan advantages, like chaff smoke that stops lasers from firing through and shit.

The problem of that type of asymmetrical balance is that you'd end up a huge difference between the lower and upper bracket play.

And then you'll just end up with a cycle of them buffing riki over and over until...wait, that went somewhere else entirely.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I am totally down for some megamek action, for the record.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Yes, let me play a goddamn fucking IS mech that wont have its entire weapons payload gutted by a single goddamn shot from a goddamn clan gauss rifle every goddamn time I try to fucking play the stupid piece of shit game.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    nonoffensivenonoffensive Registered User regular

Yes, let me play a goddamn fucking IS mech that wont have its entire weapons payload gutted by a single goddamn shot from a goddamn clan gauss rifle every goddamn time I try to fucking play the stupid piece of shit game.

Don't mind me, just enjoying Clanners talking about their reasonable 100 point alphas while someone else tries to build a King Crab that's better than an Enforcer.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OutreachHPG/comments/4xgy48/96_point_alpha_strike/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/OutreachHPG/comments/4xihcs/buying_king_crabs_this_weekend_can_this_4_erll/

• Options
    edited August 2016

Don't mind me, just enjoying Clanners talking about their reasonable 100 point alphas while someone else tries to build a King Crab that's better than an Enforcer.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OutreachHPG/comments/4xihcs/buying_king_crabs_this_weekend_can_this_4_erll/

Yeah I saw that earlier and was gonna mention it, but..its a day that ends in y, of course the clans are fielding 100+ alphas.

the only IS mech I've seen that both comes close to a 100 point alpha and is somewhat playable, is my Standard Mega Crab

KGC-0000 4xLPL 4xSRM6+A 300std Endo DHS

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    TiglissTigliss Registered User regular

Yeah I saw that earlier and was gonna mention it, but..its a day that ends in y, of course the clans are fielding 100+ alphas.

the only IS mech I've seen that both comes close to a 100 point alpha and is somewhat playable, is my Standard Mega Crab

KGC-0000 4xLPL 4xSRM6+A 300std Endo DHS

That's my favorite King Crab build, so good on any of the brawly maps, unfortunately I always seem to drop on polar with it. :confused:

Clanners going to clan, though.

l7n41RV.png
  • Options
    edited August 2016

Well the clan mechs are still much better than IS mechs in TT on a 1v1 basis. Except things are balanced by BV there, so depending on the era the IS gets to have the tonnage advantage, numbers advantage, and occasionally fancy toys like C3 networks.

Also the IS XL isn't quite so extreme of an disadvantage because not even clan pilots in TT can make called shot alpha strikes against individual mech components on moving targets. On average mech armor will be destroyed equally across the torso. In contrast such called shots are commonplace in MWO, and an IS XL mech can be focus fired in a torso until it dies, ignoring a little more than 2/3 of its armor.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options

Well the clan mechs are still much better than IS mechs in TT on a 1v1 basis. Except things are balanced by BV there, so depending on the era the IS gets to have the tonnage advantage, numbers advantage, and occasionally fancy toys like C3 networks.

Also the IS XL isn't quite so extreme of an disadvantage because not even clan pilots in TT can make called shot alpha strikes against individual mech components on moving targets. On average mech armor will be destroyed equally across the torso. In contrast such called shots are commonplace in MWO, and an IS XL mech can be focus fired in a torso until it dies, ignoring a little more than 2/3 of its armor.

Yeah, but in table top IS doesn't have a 5000% increased chance of crits on every shot received. Unlike in MWO, where its almost a guarantee that the femtosecond your armor is breached (if you are lucky, I've had it happened while still having armor), all the components in that ST get crit and destroyed.

Couse its only the STs

course that's where 99% of IS heavy/assault mechs mount their main arsenals.

• Options
    Well yes. We know for a fact that the IS and clan mechs operate under the same critical hit rules and we can check the dice rolls in TT.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Except the Clans have Targeting Computers which give a boost to crits that is controlled by PGI math. Like a couple months ago they fixed Crit Resistance quirks that were actually making mechs worse. And right after that people figured out that TC's were actually zeroing out their chance to crit. They could do anything at this point.

I think its more likely that Lasers crit for their full beam damage (on the first tick? maybe when you lose armor? each tick?). Since IS large lasers hit for 9 Clanners don't get weapons one shot, but Clan ER Larges hit for 11 which will.

• Options
    Kodiaks are a safe way to spend $20, correct?

• Options
    Konphujun wrote: »
    Clanmechs are a safe way to spend money, correct?

Yes.

• Options
    Kodiak get! I'll be on trying them out shortly if anyone wants to join in for some hot alt+f4 action.

• Options
    Kodiak get! I'll be on trying them out shortly if anyone wants to join in for some hot alt+f4 action.

screw the Kodiak.

I WANT THE BANE.

ITS TIMELINE AND TECH APPROPRIATE, A HELL OF A LOT MORE TECH AND TIMELINE APPROPRIATE THAN A TIMBERWOLF WITH JUMPJETS

• Options
    Kaboodles_The_AssassinKaboodles_The_Assassin Kill the meat. Save the metal.Registered User regular
    Clanmechs are a safe way to spend money, correct?

Yes.

Eh. Most of the Clan Wave II mechs were pretty bad.

sXXjb1B.png
  • Options
    By clan standards.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    By clan standards.

I think theres only one truly, objectively bad clan mech.

and that's the mist lynx.

and that's only because, unlike every other clan mech, it wasn't given 50 billion energy hardpoints across its omnipods.

and even then, several builds put it at near parity with the Firestarter. Sure cant mount as many weapons, but its got clantech, its got longer range, and more damage on fewer weapons, and can survive a lost side torso.

So even then, its bad by clanmech standards. I'm sure IS would die to have a mech that could do everything the mist lynx could.

• Options
    I got me some locusts, going fast is really fun. So is scouting for LRMs. I like how super different it feels from playing a heavy mech.

Speaking of clan mechs, how is the viper?

• Options
    I got me some locusts, going fast is really fun. So is scouting for LRMs. I like how super different it feels from playing a heavy mech.

Well.... I own almost every mech in the game. The Viper is not one. But that's just my 2 cents.

kx3klFE.png
  • Options

Well.... I own almost every mech in the game. The Viper is not one. But that's just my 2 cents.

That's the general vibe I've been picking up about it. Was curious because visually I really like the design.

• Options

That's the general vibe I've been picking up about it. Was curious because visually I really like the design.

visually it looks like a boat that walks like its about to shit iyself

• Options

visually it looks like a boat that walks like its about to shit iyself

Don't kinkshame bro :P

• Options
    It's a clan mech. Degeneracy is part of their culture.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    The Awesome is currently higher than the Atlas in the leaderboards. Awesome is almost going to pass the Banshee, what the hell is going on? Tier 5 LRM carry? That might explain the Stalker too...

Battlemaster is in second after the Kodiak with the Stalker close behind. Dire Wolf coming in close fourth followed by the King Crab then the Warhawk.

Victor is in the lead, neck and neck with the Myst Lynx on the Light Leaderboard.

nonoffensive on
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Well I suppose LRMs are a bit stronger if everyone is spamming assaults for an event. LRMs greater than size 10 won't waste as many missiles when shooting at barn sized targets, and novice assault pilots don't know how to stay out of the rain.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    God I wish I could sink myself back down to t5 where the fun is.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    God I wish I could sink myself back down to t5 where the fun is.

Master 3 Locusts and you'll find yourself there in no time.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    Hm, it keeps telling me that it is having an error saving my hunchback loadout but not giving me any information to work with beyond that.