Options

[Deus Ex] Superheroes killed the robot cop

• Options
    TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    Asthariel wrote: »
    I know that nearly everone complained about boss fights in Human Revolution

but i am pretty sure the answer is not supposed to be "let's make all boss fights laughably easy in a sequel"

Final boss fight:
    turn invisible, stun, Q, credits.

I am not impressed.
    I actually kind of like that aside from his abilities and the room he's in, the boss is just like anyone else?

Emp grenade -> Takedown

Took about 5 seconds and I cackled like an idiot

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • Options
    TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    Also the boss fights in HR were fairly easy I thought?

Emp grenade -> 2x Typhoon usually ended the fight in short order, I believe.

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Tasteticle wrote: »
    Asthariel wrote: »
    I know that nearly everone complained about boss fights in Human Revolution

but i am pretty sure the answer is not supposed to be "let's make all boss fights laughably easy in a sequel"

Final boss fight:
    turn invisible, stun, Q, credits.

I am not impressed.
    I actually kind of like that aside from his abilities and the room he's in, the boss is just like anyone else?

Emp grenade -> Takedown

Took about 5 seconds and I cackled like an idiot
    I just used his kill switch, which was a welcome callback to the original.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    The way this ends feels like it would be a good midseason finale, but is not very good as an ending to a video game unless this is going to be annualized

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    The way this ends feels like it would be a good midseason finale, but is not very good as an ending to a video game unless this is going to be annualized

They have a limited time frame to work in and Jensen ultimately fails unless they remake DX 1 to incorporate new canon and characters. Theyre kinda stuck in midseason finale

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    I think they're quite capable of telling complete, standalone stories, the last game was one of those

They just chose not to this time, in favor of setting up a bunch of plot hooks for sequels

It's very much the kind of style you see in like, the modern day stories of assassins creed games

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular

They have a limited time frame to work in and Jensen ultimately fails unless they remake DX 1 to incorporate new canon and characters. Theyre kinda stuck in midseason finale

Not that limited, there's still a full 20 year gap between Mankind Divided and Deus Ex

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I finished Desperate Measures and that is absolutely a mission that was cut from the Prague 1 section and I can't possibly imagine why

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I finished Desperate Measures and that is absolutely a mission that was cut from the Prague 1 section and I can't possibly imagine why

Maybe they couldn't finish and integrate it in time, or always planned it as something developed separately to introduce the concept of standalone jensen's stories

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    edited September 2016
  • Options
    I want them to tell us if that DLC will let me carry over my skills and build from the main game

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I just remembered that from the first one. That was super garbage.

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I want them to tell us if that DLC will let me carry over my skills and build from the main game

I really hope so since its storyline dlc and I assume theyll add more augs.

Maybe add a reset points option too

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

Which makes sense given that sources who worked on this game have all but confirmed Square Enix is already working on a sequel. By all accounts it sounds like this was originally supposed to be a bigger game that got split up so they could have a follow-up to it relatively quickly. Which, provided the next one is decently polished and comes out much sooner than the gap between HR and this, I'm not sure I even have a problem with, honestly. I don't feel like this game was too light on content to be worth the asking price.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Sure, I'll take another one of these in a year or two

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    yeah as long as the timeline for the story follow up is like

not 5+ years after this game comes out and I forget everything that happened

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Tasteticle wrote: »
    Also the boss fights in HR were fairly easy I thought?

Emp grenade -> 2x Typhoon usually ended the fight in short order, I believe.

I went completely non-lethal, and never bothered to pick-up the typhoon because I didn't plan on ever using it
    when I play HR again? I'm picking it up just for the damn bosses

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    I love that you can spec the Typhoon for nonlethal in MD

• Options
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

this intro is beautiful

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I still have to finish Deus Ex but it does something mid-game that I hate when games like this do.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I'm playing the director's cut for Human Revolution to tide me over on Deus Ex until the new one starts getting cheaper
    god, already watched some bits and pieces of Mankind Divided and have been noting the improvements they made for stealth and whatnot

also, I'm gonna beat my usual drum and hope that we'll get a chance to explore Deus Ex as a female character in the future (yes, I know it happened in Invisible War)

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    I like Pritchard.

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I'm a little ways into the System Rift DLC
    Okay so the next game definitely features Rabiah, right

• Options
    Any new augs in this? I was gonna wait to grab it but Sunset overdrive was not what I thought it was so Im kinda itching for for something to play

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    No new augs

I just finished it

Overall impressions? I enjoyed it! A lot more meat on its bones than the last DLC, both in gameplay and in overall universe impact
    We have to visit Rabiah at some point

I honestly thought that was where the main game was going to end, that's how much I've wanting to see it

• Options
    I bought this but haven't started yet, should I pick up the DLC(s)?

• Options
    Tube wrote: »
    I bought this but haven't started yet, should I pick up the DLC(s)?

The crafting aug dlc is nice to have in a pinch worth the 6 bucks. The chaff aug is pointless as you can remote hack mines now

The weapons from both are nice theyre smaller than the main game counterparts.

• Options
    well I was going to buy the season pass but it turns out my bank is doing that thing where it refuses all purchases from steam. WHOOPS

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    The season pass is 30 for the two DLCs(12 each) and then a bunch of extra consumable items. I'd say skip it and buy the DLC missions after you've finished the main game.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    I'm super reluctant to purchase season passes for any game given past disappointments

for similar reasons, I try to resist pre-ordering for most games

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    I have a very limited number of studios where I will do the season pass because I know what to expect - Gearbox, Bioware, CD Projekt and Bethesda (and I'm tempted to drop the latter from the list after Fallout 4). For every other studio, it's a crapshoot, and I don't bother.

Phillishere on
  • Options
    yeah, Bethesda also lost me on Fallout 4 (as much as I liked it, the problems also bothered me a bunch)

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    I can't believe the DLC for Fallout 4 was such a non-entity

The stuff for 3 was so good!

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular

New Vegas had some good-ass DLC

Old World Blues is one of my favorite pieces of DLC ever

• Options

Was even the Nick Valentine stuff no good? I didn't get very far in the main game but they were clearly having the most fun with his quests

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Also this DLC was fine. Nice gameplay in the facility and banter between Jensen and Pritchard but no earth shattering plot development or anything
    Also from the few dialogue clues it sounds like it still takes place during the events of the main game so it can't really build on the ending

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    Maybe the next DLC will have
    Malek

No I don't.
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Now to spend an hour or two treating my settings so it'll control and run properly.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    It seems the DX GO tie in app no longer has special event puzzles for you to complete to get your five Praxis kits. If you're thinking about buying it, don't.