• Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    DX Go is only mindly entertaining

I liked it a bunch.

No I don't.
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    If it's anything like the other GO games it'll be a genuinely great addition to the Deus Ex franchise

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    https://www.deusex.com/news/deus-ex-mankind-divided-criminal-past
    Adam Jensen is back in Deus Ex: Mankind Divided – A Criminal Past, along with both an old acquaintance in Delara Auzenne, and new characters. The second Story DLC will provide players with more insight into the lore of the Deus Ex Universe, allowing them to experience Adam Jensen’s first mission for TF29, set some time before the events of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.

In Deus Ex: Mankind Divided – A Criminal Past, Jensen is transferred deep into a hostile, high-security prison for augmented felons. His mission: track down and retrieve sensitive information from a fellow undercover agent who has gone dark. Success will help the fight against terror around the world, but Jensen will need to confront a darker side to his role before the day is done.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided – A Criminal Past will be available on the 23rd of February on Xbox Live, PlayStation Network, and online stores.

• Options
    http://www.polygon.com/2017/1/30/14439080/deus-ex-mankind-divided-sequel-square-enix-marvel-guardians-of-the-galaxy
    The Deus Ex franchise is going on hiatus, according to several sources who spoke to Eurogamer and Kotaku. Instead, those familiar with its developer say, developer Eidos Montreal will prioritize work on other games, including those in Square Enix’s Marvel project.

There’s no timeline for when Eidos Montreal will begin work on the next Deus Ex installment, with Kotaku reporting that a follow-up to last year’s Deus Ex: Mankind Divided has been canceled outright.

Fucking come on

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    "Adam we're going to have to take out some of your more vital robo-parts in order to build these new augments, but don't worry you'll get them back really quickly, just as soon as we're done. You should be fine until then."

"Oh hey, Adam, about those augments? Yeah, well this other company just put in a big order and it's a real great opportunity for us so we're just gonna put that work on hold. You understand, right? Cool, thanks."

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I'm don't know why I'm so mad about this but I really really am

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I'm don't know why I'm so mad about this but I really really am

I broke it down in the Steam thread but what has me pissed is that Square-Enix intentionally took out content that was meant for Mankind Divided so they could rush out a sequel. This was evident in the broken pacing of the game and abrupt end to the story (and confirmed by an anonymous source who worked on the game) and it definitely hurt the game overall. And now they're not even planning on releasing that sequel that they butchered the previous game for, at least any time soon enough to justify what they did. It's a really shitty thing to do to fans of the franchise.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Yeah that about sums it up

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I totally get why folks are mad about this and it is very justified

But as someone who never got around to playing MD, this translates to "Eidos is making a GotG game" which I am all about

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »

But as someone who never got around to playing MD, this translates to "Eidos is making a GotG game" which I am all about

SHUT UP
    GET OUT

• Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Yeah, I'm still excited about the stuff they are making. The bullshit isn't really them not making more Deus Ex, it's what Squeenix did with Mankind Divided. If they'd just made that a better game without wasting so much development work on planning for a sequel they'd end up shelving and cramming in a boring micro-transaction delivery feature and whatnot, I'd be fine with waiting a while for another sequel while they work on other things.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    I wonder if they'll just do a graphic novel or something to tie up the loose plot threads, instead of trying to come back to the half-finished story and picking up where they left off.

• Options
    Brolo wrote: »
    I wonder if they'll just do a graphic novel or something to tie up the loose plot threads, instead of trying to come back to the half-finished story and picking up where they left off.

Fill in the gaps with a hastily thrown-together DLC made up of all the cut content.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    There's a comic right now that is thoroughly mediocre