As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[ReCore] Definitive Edition/Free Update on Aug 29th

• Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    I don't totally get what core fusion does. It's supposed to make corebots stronger, but I'm not seeing how, as stats don't change that I've noticed. Can someone explain that to me, please?

Le_Goat on
    While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    What do you mean? The stats do go up, though a single core doesn't equal a single point.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    I mean what is the point of adding fusion to the corebot cores? I'm probably just not seeing something. I've tried to pay attention to stats, but I'm not seeing them change. Every time I go to the crawler, I add fusion to the cores, but I don't see any changes.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Could it be plot-locked? Have you been told that you can do it yet?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    I definitely can do it, as I do it to all 3 of the corebots I have. I get what it is supposed to do, but I don't see a stat change in numbers anywhere, aside from the core fusion screen. It confuses me. I kind of expect to see a change on the corebot stat screen, but I haven't noticed one.

Again, I could be completely overlooking something.

• Options
    I am totally stuck on the Armory Flux.

• Options
    Leveling the cores just adds raw damage, defense, or reduces the charge time of the fancy attack. I feel like I'm missing something in your question.

• Options
    WolveSightWolveSight Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Le_Goat wrote: »

yeah, I got stuck on Armory Flux as well. I want to say there may be a bot to help with the extra long jump?

edit with spoiler:
    you can convert your current bots into other frames, and this is necessary for part of Armory Flux

WolveSight on
    253J736.png
  • Options
    Wasn't there some kind of multiplayer component related to this? I thought I remembered reading something about sharing bots with friends or... something of the sort.

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    haven't read or seen anything like that. as far as i'm aware its 100% single player only and always has been.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Yeah, I don't recall any mention of multiplayer for this game... not even in the NMS sense.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    and now i finally get to play this. YAY!!!!

*waits 3 hours for the damn thing to load*

let's get started!

• Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I tried the Xbox One version last night, and the load times are rough but I think it runs totally fine outside of that.

Though definitely go PC if you can, that version runs beautifully.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Leveling the cores just adds raw damage, defense, or reduces the charge time of the fancy attack. I feel like I'm missing something in your question.
    I may be making a deal out of nothing. I'm used to seeing the overall stats on the character overview changing when I add things. It may just be viewed as a separate component.

I'm also probably doing a crappy job of explaining what's swimming in this brain of mine.

• Options
    WolveSight wrote: »
    yeah, I got stuck on Armory Flux as well. I want to say there may be a bot to help with the extra long jump?
    I assumed the same, so I just went back to the crawler. I'll come back some other time.

I still haven't unlocked all items within a single dungeon. I came so damn close to one; missed it by 5-10 seconds.

• Options
    I may be making a deal out of nothing. I'm used to seeing the overall stats on the character overview changing when I add things. It may just be viewed as a separate component.

I'm also probably doing a crappy job of explaining what's swimming in this brain of mine.

ok, just got the part where i can start upgrading that the stats definitely go up. i think the problem you're having is that when you apply the cores in the fusion screen the numbers don't adjust until you back about and confirm the changes. it also doesn't help that the bot selection screen in that section shows the base value for each stat, and then applies other modifiers once you're in the fusion menu. god, i hope that all makes sense. but, yeah the stats do increase, the numbers do go up, it just seems like they've chosen a bit of an odd way of going about things. like not being able to equip new parts from the blueprints section. i don't think those need to be two different menus.

• Options
    Wraith260 wrote: »

ok, just got the part where i can start upgrading that the stats definitely go up. i think the problem you're having is that when you apply the cores in the fusion screen the numbers don't adjust until you back about and confirm the changes. it also doesn't help that the bot selection screen in that section shows the base value for each stat, and then applies other modifiers once you're in the fusion menu. god, i hope that all makes sense. but, yeah the stats do increase, the numbers do go up, it just seems like they've chosen a bit of an odd way of going about things. like not being able to equip new parts from the blueprints section. i don't think those need to be two different menus.
    That does make sense. I was starting to think that my version was bugged. Much obliged.

• Options
    That's shocking. Apparently there is not an achievement for fully completing a dungeon.

• Options
    so some initial hands on, am enjoying it though its not without its problems. the targeting isn't strictly a lock on, which can be annoying when it suddenly switches to a different enemy or stays aimed forward and the enemy slips behind you. manually switching which enemy you target seems like its a bit unresponsive at times too, though that could just be me. overall the combat is good, but it does feel like it could be better somehow.

movement and traversal are great and i love that you can climb on top of just about everything, including surfaces you'd just fall/slip/bounce off in other games.

story is interesting and i'm looking forward to seeing where it goes. the audio logs add some nice background and flesh out what's happened a bit. also, very brave of them to add a series of logs that come solely in an incomprehensible robo language. lol maybe the decrypt into English after getting them all or finishing the game(or both).

• Options
    Game deserves a better thread title. :(

• Options
    i'm open to suggestions.

• Options
    99 problems, but my bot ain't one

• Options
    Did they come out with another update? Loads feel quicker and swapping cores has been simplified (I think)

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Just got this. Load times are absurd but its running fine so far.

For 40 bucks I think itll be enjoyable

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    I also noticed that completing a dungeon objective you've already done yield destroy able boxes with shards and such. I don't remember that being the case before.

• Options
    It's dangerous to go alone, take this robodog.

• Options
    Obsidian Run is sooooooo bugged

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Thread title suggestion: "ReCore! Tell me more! Who's your friend? Mack!"

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Is that an old Chip and Dale reference?

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    I'm more bothered by the grammar of it :P

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Is that an old Chip and Dale reference?

Not a deliberate one, if it was used there.

It's a play on "Apple core!" "Baltimore!"

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    The first platform dungeon kicked my butt for about an hour. I could knock out any one or even two challenges, but never quite all three at once.

• Options
    yeah the timing on it is pretty tight. i did the switches and the key on their own first to get a goo idea on where everything is, and then a few runs of trying to get everything. having Seth helped a lot too. had about 16-17 seconds left on the clock when i finally got it.

• Options
    The platform dungeons also require some daring moves to beat the time while getting the switches and key. I typically spend the first play-through of those slowly and deliberately to ensure that I know my surroundings and where things are located. Oddly enough, I beat two of them on my first try doing it that way, which maybe was because I had zero concern for the time. That took the pressure off.

To be honest, the first couple of platform dungeons are harder than some of the ones at the end, which I found weird that level 16 dungeons were in a zone populated by 20+ creatures.

• Options
    update coming to the Xbox version to improve at least some of the load times.
    Greetings Far Eden Adventurers,

Thank you very much for all the comments, likes, shares, and general feedback about your experience playing ReCore during the past week. We’ve enjoyed seeing your first impressions of ReCore and welcoming many more of you into the community. The more, the merrier!

With that said, we want you to know that we’ve been listening closely, and the number one thing you’ve mentioned you’d like to see improvements on is load times. We heard you, we appreciate your patience, and we have good news!

An update will be released this week for Xbox One and Xbox One S that will improve load times on those platforms. Keep in mind, some areas may continue to take more time than expected to load because they are larger zones, but we hope this update improves your overall experience traveling through Far Eden.

http://www.recoregame.com/update-recore-load-times/

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Any word on a bug-fix patch?

• Options
    as far as i know that's the only word on patching so far. maybe they've got something in the works but don't want to say till its ready, or maybe they're just going to ignore it and hope its not to big of a problem.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Any word on a thread title change? :razz:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    when you philistines give me something to work with sure. :P

• Options
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    when you philistines give me something to work with sure. :P
    I thought DarkeWolfe's comment was worthy.