As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

How To Kill A Dracula, and Other Lesser Undead

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    What would happen to a vampire in space?

They don't breathe. They'd be pretty screwed when the sun hits, though.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Is vampirism strictly a human ailment?

Apologies if this has already been asked, but my neighbors have this rabbit, you see...

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Vampires can take on familiars, which is how wolves, rabbits, and so on wind up doing their bidding. But they can't become true vampires, merely ghouls.
    (If Melding wants to field questions without my contributions, I can cease.)

wVEsyIc.png
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular

I imagine it would freeze for the most part would would cause it to stop function, but if it was reclaimed before too long could likely be revived.
    Is vampirism strictly a human ailment?

Apologies if this has already been asked, but my neighbors have this rabbit, you see...

as covered before, not at all. like most other forms of undeath vampirism can be carried over to other things, but this is rare because there's not a whole ot point to a vampire bear or dog. the enhanced abilities aren't really present enough to make a difference so no one wastes resources on it.
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Vampires can take on familiars, which is how wolves, rabbits, and so on wind up doing their bidding. But they can't become true vampires, merely ghouls.
    (If Melding wants to field questions without my contributions, I can cease.)

nah it's cool, though ghouls and vampires aren't related. I know what you're talking about but in actuality it's merely a psychological effect. a ghoul is a human resurrected with an unending hunger, they stalk around feeling a pathological need to feed on dead flesh. If they had souls it would be tragic. but they don't. so setting them on fire i A-OK.

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    is the world truly a vampire?

6vjsgrerts6r.png

edited August 2016
    I think V:TM is getting the better of me. In White Wolf, ghouls are what vampire thralls are called. Being fed vampire blood gives them longer life and strength, but they're not true vampires. (See: the Augers in Night Trap)

That idiot in Vampire Hunter D who was after Doris is another example.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • PeasPeas Registered User regular

Is it the UV rays
    Will a vampire go poof under a UV lamp

Peas wrote: »

Is it the UV rays

No, but it will really REALLY hurt.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    God Bloodlines was a great game. Flawed, but great.

Also, Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust is one of my favorite all-time movies. I thought about reading the novels at one point but I have heard they are... Maybe not so great.

edited August 2016
    God Bloodlines was a great game. Flawed, but great.

Also, Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust is one of my favorite all-time movies. I thought about reading the novels at one point but I have heard they are... Maybe not so great.

That's not true at all. They're very good. Yoshitaka Amano(the Final Fantasy guy) did lots of insert art, too.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    is the world truly a vampire?

not literally, but like most things it seems to sap the will to live from all things.
    I think V:TM is getting the better of me. In White Wolf, ghouls are what vampire thralls are called. Being fed vampire blood gives them longer life and strength, but they're not true vampires. (See: the Augers in Night Trap)

That idiot in Vampire Hunter D who was after Doris is another example.

yeah, we just call those vampire thralls. they have other ways of creating them as well. we try to avoid using the same term for multiple things. leads to confusion. don't want people showing up expecting to fight the undead when in reality they're just crazy humans.
    Peas wrote: »

Is it the UV rays

the vampire relationship to the sun seems to be largely symbolic, as notes have recorded vampires trapped in other dimensions and despite their atomic explosionball operating basically the same it had no effect on the vampire. might be something in the atmosphere that one place has that the other doesn't but we might never know. Also the sun isn't that effect a tool anyway. specially nowadays.

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Why is "draculas" so fun to say?

"Dracula" is fun to say, but "draculas" as at least sixty times more fun.

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »

Well clearly it denotes at least 59 more of them then. That's just science.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

iunno, i find Steves fun to say too, so many it's just adding Ses to things that don't normally have them is just a weird fun thing to do.

• bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    Dr melding:

Do regular bullets kill Draculas?

I mean if you pump 6 rounds of say .45 in his face from close range...That's a lot of damage.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
    bwanie wrote: »
    Dr melding:

Do regular bullets kill Draculas?

I mean if you pump 6 rounds of say .45 in his face from close range...That's a lot of damage.

The important to remember about draculas is that unless they're ashes there is probably a chance of reviving them. they're not too hard to put down but keeping them is the trouble. So, that might incapacitate a dracula, but it certainly won't make them dead. you'd best use that time to set them on the most fire you can.

• bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    A++ advice would ask again.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
    Use phosphorus rounds.

wVEsyIc.png
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    How effective are UV laser pointers?

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    D. Melding, Still not a doctor but if anyone has an extra honorary doctorate laying around..

o4NjGOo.png

Does that work for you?

Well, i mean that's not my name. but that looks looks fake.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I went with what I knew. Which was Melding, and that you're magnificent.

• JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    sarukun wrote: »

2009-10-30-566nouns.gif

JoeUser on
    looks like you got there a basement of them draculas again. I told you that would happen if you kept that evanescence cd on loop Lou, i tolds you.

• DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Dear Dr. Melding,

What happens if a dracula bites The Wolf Man? What happens if they bite each other? Do they cancel out? Asking for a friend.

Sincerely,

An American Normal Human in London

Dracomicron on
    Wasn't one of Dracula's original powers the ability to turn into a wolf?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I have scars from someone with a Vampire Fetish
    Should I be worried? form being bit from someone who had vampire fangs and they were ever so sharp

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    a lot of people still not appreciating the difference between a dracula and Dracula and I'm shaking with anger right now

Tube wrote: »
    a lot of people still not appreciating the difference between a dracula and Dracula and I'm shaking with anger right now

I mean, I capitalized it specifically to denote the difference. Like, what if that's why he could do it, because he was a dracula that had been bitten by a wolfman.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    wassup with Jersey Devils? If one flies out of state does it become a Philly Devil?

Oh brilliant
    Dear Dr. Melding,

What happens if a dracula bites The Wolf Man? What happens if they bite each other? Do they cancel out? Asking for a friend.

Sincerely,

Supernaturals can not become other supernaturals, so the original takes priority. A Mage will die if they have their blood drained, they can not be Embraced.
    (This is WoD lore, mind you.)

This is why there's a common belief that Dracula was a Gangrel, but the Tzimisce claim him as well. I'm inclined to believe the latter.

Brainleech wrote: »
    Should I be worried? form being bit from someone who had vampire fangs and they were ever so sharp

If you felt nothing, no. If you enjoyed it, yes. If it was terrifying, it was a Giovanni. Welcome to the family.

wVEsyIc.png
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Dear D. Melding,

it has come to my attention that draculas seem to employ different feeding strategies - some seem able to feed on their prey without killing them whereas others will suck a person dry

Are these two different types of dracula or is this down to the personal preference of the dracula in question

edited August 2016
    Dear D. Melding,

it has come to my attention that draculas seem to employ different feeding strategies - some seem able to feed on their prey without killing them whereas others will suck a person dry

Are these two different types of dracula or is this down to the personal preference of the dracula in question

Many factors to consider. Vampires can feed and be sated without killing their prey. However, some vampires drain them dry because either

A. They plan to Embrace them
    B. They're jerks and want to kill their victim. They could simply have lost control due to extreme thirst.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Who are you and what have you done with Melding

Due to the commission of no less than 20 violations of the Masquerade, he's been put under a blood hunt. Rare for mortals, so think of it as an honor.

wVEsyIc.png
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    This is a melding thread about fact it is not for your fictions and whimsies

• DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Dear Dr. Melding,

Sincerely,

Supernaturals can not become other supernaturals, so the original takes priority. A Mage will die if they have their blood drained, they can not be Embraced.
    (This is WoD lore, mind you.)

This is why there's a common belief that Dracula was a Gangrel, but the Tzimisce claim him as well. I'm inclined to believe the latter.

Brainleech wrote: »

If you felt nothing, no. If you enjoyed it, yes. If it was terrifying, it was a Giovanni. Welcome to the family.

You're talking about the World of Darkness, cj. I'm talking about real draculas and The Wolf Man.

• TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    [
    TankHammer wrote: »
    Hey guys, nice thread you got here.

Oh look, it these guys again. How goes your unlicensed nuclear accelerators? end any realities recently?

Not that you could prove.

• TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    wassup with Jersey Devils? If one flies out of state does it become a Philly Devil?

There was only ever one Jersey Devil, a demon spawned from a human woman, and it took its name from the place where it was born.

Members of the New York City Ghostbusters franchise helped to destroy it back in the late 90s by using an old Revolutionary War canon.

• vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    TankHammer wrote: »

There was only ever one Jersey Devil, a demon spawned from a human woman, and it took its name from the place where it was born.

Members of the New York City Ghostbusters franchise helped to destroy it back in the late 90s by using an old Revolutionary War canon.

Personally I prefer the Revolutionary War expanded universe.

WATCH THIS SPACE.